Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2016 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
EfiChan said:
First, let me say this: I don't have amthing about any sexuality as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. What I don't like is people creating couples. As you surely noted youself, there aren't as many made up male-females or two girls\women.

There are some official gay characters, most of them in genres meant for this, but you can sometimes find them somewhere (Grell from Kuroshitsuji is said to be gay.) But there are many characters where no one officialy say anything about them being gay, but they treated like they do.

My question is: Why?

Why to male character who has a little close relaionship are automemtically gays? Can't guys show emtions without being gay? Emotions like brotherhood or close friendshhip? Sometime this couples are absurd (enemies, for example) and I say it just once, but can even be gross (Sorry, I find adult-child relationship gross).

And even here. there a two types. There are those who love those couples, and those who hate them and because of that, hate the anime they're from.

Csn you please explain?
Let me just tell you that there is a reason why people call them Fujoshi Trash

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 12, 2016 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
EfiChan said:
Can't guys show emtions without being gay?

Not really, no. Unless of course they say "no homo" every time.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 12, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
"As long as it doesn't hurt anyone" EL OH EL, who the fuck does homosexuality hurt ?!
Feb 12, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
Itadakimasuuuu said:
"As long as it doesn't hurt anyone" EL OH EL, who the fuck does homosexuality hurt ?!
But hemorrhoids are a very serious thing.

I love the concept of people going out of their way to read fanfics and being outraged by them.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 12, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
09122013 said:
EfiChan said:
there aren't as many... two girls\women

Yuribait is not less popular than fujobait. It makes money because, you know, most of anime is just fetish video.
it's less popular only because guys have all their ecchi, hentai, moe, traps, and harems while girls are left with non-existent josei, a few shoujos, a few sports anime... ofc girls will start fetishizing/sexualizing male characters and making ships out of them when they don't get their own already-sexual shows.

yes, i said it. finally.
Feb 12, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Holybaptiser said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:
But hemorrhoids are a very serious thing.

I love the concept of people going out of their way to read fanfics and being outraged by them.

Go to the Owari no Seraph discussion forums.

It is fucking cancer
Feb 12, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2014
hoopla123 said:
The Fujoshi fanbase man...
Bromance = auto romance for them.
Berserk is the best fujobait, until a certain point.

Feb 12, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
ExTamplier said:
hoopla123 said:
The Fujoshi fanbase man...
Bromance = auto romance for them.
Berserk is the best fujobait, until a certain point.

Griffith wanted to see Guts get some of that demon to ass action if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Of course no homo tho
Feb 12, 2016 9:08 AM
Feb 12, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
Why are you taking this seriously though? These are just ships and are very unlikely to happen. Nothing wrong with people fantasizing about their own preferred pairings.
Feb 13, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
All we need is Nano X Fate.

NanoFate is love, NanoFate is life.

And no truer word have been said in this thread.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Feb 13, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Why are you taking this seriously though? These are just ships and are very unlikely to happen. Nothing wrong with people fantasizing about their own preferred pairings.
OP doesn't like it when people have fun.
Feb 13, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
Mkim said:

It's funny cause it's ironic (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

But as people stated under that picture, Yuuki is straight(likes boys), and I don't think people ship her with any other girls.
A bit weird for sarcasm.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Feb 13, 2016 2:46 PM
Jan 2013
TYxTxYT said:
Mkim said:

It's funny cause it's ironic (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

But as people stated under that picture, Yuuki is straight(likes boys), and I don't think people ship her with any other girls.
A bit weird for sarcasm.
You're ruining it
YOU'RE RUUUUUININ EEEEET
gone bai bai
Feb 13, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2015
Because boyxboy ships are a fetish. Same as girlxgirl ships.

Or any ship in general. I don't agree with saying that a character is clearly gay if it's not stated/shown in the show either by some explanation where they find out they're gay or the better way, x was in a relationship with y who is the same gender.

I do agree with shipping characters in boy x boy ships even if they aren't canon because I do that. I don't mind until the point where you state that the character can only be gay.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 13, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
RainyRai said:
But they don't have to be? What if you're just open minded about LGBT in general and any kind of pairing appeals to you.
Feb 13, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2015
Mayuka said:
RainyRai said:
But they don't have to be? What if you're just open minded about LGBT in general and any kind of pairing appeals to you.

That relates to what I said: I don't care about people who are open-mined about LGBT ships, because if I did I'd be a massive hypocrite. I disagree with the part where you believe the character to only be gay and there's no way for the character to possibly be straight simply because you like the ship.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 13, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:

Or any ship in general. I don't agree with saying that a character is clearly gay if it's not stated/shown in the show either by some explanation where they find out they're gay or the better way, x was in a relationship with y who is the same gender.

I do agree with shipping characters in boy x boy ships even if they aren't canon because I do that. I don't mind until the point where you state that the character can only be gay.

What if the character is bisexual ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 13, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
RainyRai said:
Mayuka said:

That relates to what I said: I don't care about people who are open-mined about LGBT ships, because if I did I'd be a massive hypocrite. I disagree with the part where you believe the character to only be gay and there's no way for the character to possibly be straight simply because you like the ship.
Well, the character's sexuality is something up to the writer of the story. If it is not explicitly written, it's up to the fans to have a headcanon. By that, I mean. If you wanna believe xxx must be gay, then he/she is but you're not allowed to act like it's canon.
Feb 13, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
SmoothJazzDavis said:
RainyRai said:

What if the character is bisexual ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Then they can fuel more bisexual doujins.
Mayuka said:
RainyRai said:

Well, the character's sexuality is something up to the writer of the story. If it is not explicitly written, it's up to the fans to have a headcanon. By that, I mean. If you wanna believe xxx must be gay, then he/she is but you're not allowed to act like it's canon.

+1. This is what I meant.
Feb 13, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
WHO CARES

People ship what people ship and there's nothing you can do about it

Shipping yaoi pairings hurts no one. Shipping yuri pairings hurts no one. Shipping straight pairings hurts no one. We get threads complaining about gay ships daily. Give it a rest.
Feb 13, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2014
It's not about there being actual, canon, gay fictional characters. Of which I'd argue they aren't many whatsoever. Heteronormativity is strong in media. It literally should not be earth shattering if someone wants to ship two male characters together.

Also I would argue just because two male characters are being shipped doesn't equate to them being gay. They could be pansexual, bisexual, demisexual, etc.
crestofhonestyFeb 13, 2016 3:21 PM
Feb 13, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
Lots of off-topic chat with simple listing (Aside from the 15 posts I removed)

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
24 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 43 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
25 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.