Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2016 12:27 PM
Mar 2015
Everyone probably already know who the killer is ... So maybe to avoid rewriting the same that Evertonem i will write my theories.

[NO SPOILERS. I DON'T READ THE MANGA!]

1st.

I think Kenya is the second person who have the ability "revival"
Arguments:
1st. Kenya is too serious for his age
2nd. Kenya in 4th episode says Kayo was probably kidnapped.

If Kenya have "revival" ability he must

2nd.

Ending ideas:
1st. Satoru has mental problems and he is the killer of his mother, he kill she because she talk about Hinazuki's death. He can't believe he killed her so he invented this murderer
2nd. Satoru commits suicide. (In opening he runs along the roof)

That's all. Thanks for reading :)
Kori97Feb 12, 2016 12:35 PM
Feb 12, 2016 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
Damn this show is intense!
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 12, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2010
Cejara said:
[@ Tony Theme
The inclusion of the plane scene is a direct parallel to Yuuki.
You have to put the @ next to the name, which you have to write out exactly for me to get the message notification. Anyway, I understand all that. You're confusing messages and I was specifically talking about the scene between Airi and Satoru when the plane is going down the river. But I will say the parallel with Yuuki was already drawn before - this is a more direct example to drive home the parallel that isn't actually necessary since it was already done subtler without having Satoru experience the same situation Yuuki went through in the park. Thinking it's "dumb" (which I didn't say and I also praised someone else' explanation behind it that was just as elaborate as yours - you must be mistaking me calling the arguing dumb for that) has nothing to do with understanding why it was there, given the show holds your hand and spells it out for you.

I mean, consider the shot of Jesus and his twelve disciples that were shown during episode 5. It foreshadowing the manager's betrayal a minute before it's revealed doesn't make it a less clumsy and a more necessary element that couldn't be replaced with something less obvious to potentially tip off the audience to his character.
TonyThemeFeb 12, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 12, 2016 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
Gigue said:

The only person who can get Satoru out of this disaster is Phoenix Wright. Seriously though he needs to lawyer the fuck up or else he is screwed.

You know this is exactly what I thought when Satoru got arrested.

I just thought if this guy needed a lawyer at any time, it would be Phoenix Wright - get him declared innocent and find the culprit at the same time XD.

Anyway great episode looking forward to more.
Feb 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Feb 2015
Holy Shit DAT ending...that was very thrilling. obviously he go into the past again after that ending. whenever he went into the past, a butterfly always appeared before it happened. so i guess he really go into the past, but seriously, that culprit....
after watching this episode, i can guess who is the culprit now
and one more thing, i think someone other than Satoru has this "Revival" ability...
YizelTroFeb 12, 2016 1:47 PM
Feb 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KorNk said:

Well, this is probably true, because the show is not as fast-paced as the majority of voters might think. Still, it's really good and original imo^^

IMO not really all that original or out there at all. It's the typical sort of teen oriented melodrama you get out of A-1 Pictures all the time (albeit with decent characters so far) only with a mystery twist that's IMO barely a mystery at this point. I'd go so far as to call it kind of bread and butter really. They just got done doing two other teen oriented melodramas even within the past year and one was even farmed out to P.A Works in Charlotte. Not as uncommon as people think.

When I think kind of original or off the beaten path this season it'd be Shouwa Genroku Rakugo. After almost 2 decades of watching anime I can safely say I've never seen a show about that subject matter before, but I've certainly seen stories about time travel and save the poor potentially dying girls loads of times even within the last decade.

Well, surely it's not exactly new to have a girl died and time travel combined (This anime kinda resembles Steins;Gate for me)... Actually, I won't argue really^^ I feel like you watched waaay more anime than I did, so you'd probably judge it better... I'd give Shouwa Genroku Rakugo a go too probably :D

A-list_96 said:
KorNk said:

Well, this is probably true, because the show is not as fast-paced as the majority of voters might think. Still, it's really good and original imo^^

True, i do find the pacing to be really inconsistent.

Yeah... sorry, but I can't agree with you. I actually really like this dynamic pacing (in a sense that it flows from fast to slow and vice versa). Moreover, I'd prefer it to be even slower at times (like in manga).
Feb 12, 2016 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
I guess Satoru will be taking another trip back in time. I'm glad Airi managed to survive, at least for now.
Feb 12, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2014
Poor Yuuki. The feeling when you like big boobs but people framed you as a pedo...
Feb 12, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Those red eyes...Sachico's reporter friend has the same eyes...
Another excellent episode! I'm loving this show and I think its rise on the ranks it's the most impressive I've seen on Mal.
Feb 12, 2016 3:10 PM

Jun 2011
It's so frustrating watching the perpetrator get away with murder and as the pieces
come together as the story unfold he's getting close but still so far away.

I really want this guy to burn.
Feb 12, 2016 3:46 PM
Nov 2013
Wait. When Satoru is thinking back at the suspects(17.50 in)why are there 6 names all of a sudden. Scratch that thought. Why is his MOTHER on the list now?

Anyways, it's fairly clear who the killer is now, and who his accomplice is.

Welp, whatever it is, can't wait for the next revival. Is it going to be the same time? Or will it be shifted towards another point in his past? Not sure which one it would be, since they never really hinted towards any other significant events in his past.
FishermansFriendFeb 12, 2016 3:55 PM
Feb 12, 2016 4:13 PM
Mar 2013
I'm assuming the butterfly at the end will give Satoru another shot to save Kayo, but...
I'm a bit worried about bringing more Airi into the scene. Honestly, it seems as if they're going to add unnecessary plot to the anime in the future. Right now, the Kayo arc is perfect as it is and would be great to see the anime wrap up after the arc finishes. But as of now, that does not seems to be the case and it is trying to tie in Airi into the whole story and perhaps even more...which I'm not really looking forward too.
Feb 12, 2016 5:11 PM

Feb 2013
Airi LIVES!

Manager Comes in to save the day, Although i would've like to have seen him appear providing feedback on what he just witnessed in the fire (aka seeing satoru risk his life to save Airi) idk something like him talking with Airi for a brief moment saying like "oh maybe your right about him, but I dont know, i mean you did literally knock some sense into me"(put a slight nod to his punch maybe?). i guess you could say that was acknowledged during the fire but eh.

Odd though, Despite meeting up with the Old Reporter, Airi Pulling through, and Satoru Getting Caught...i still feel like not all that much happened, And the Cliffhanger made it feel like it was in the middle of the episode. i mean granted you could say "oh you enjoyed it so much it went by in a flash"....idk it felt like something was missing from this episode.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 12, 2016 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
FishermansFriend said:
Wait. When Satoru is thinking back at the suspects(17.50 in)why are there 6 names all of a sudden. Scratch that thought. Why is his MOTHER on the list now?

They show two lists, the first is a 5 names list and the second I don't remember how many names were on, but was the first list the police made. The changing of the lists had something to do with Satoru's friend whom looked like a girl...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2014
Lightshade49 said:
Manager Comes in to save the day, Although i would've like to have seen him appear providing feedback on what he just witnessed in the fire (aka seeing satoru risk his life to save Airi) idk something like him talking with Airi for a brief moment saying like "oh maybe your right about him
Well, I think the manager already knows Satoru is not a murderer but his jealousy over Airi is getting the better of him which is why he's being very petty.

Odd though, Despite meeting up with the Old Reporter, Airi Pulling through, and Satoru Getting Caught...i still feel like not all that much happened, And the Cliffhanger made it feel like it was in the middle of the episode. i mean granted you could say "oh you enjoyed it so much it went by in a flash"....idk it felt like something was missing from this episode.
I felt the same but I get the feeling this episode is one of those calm before the storm moments. Gears are going to start spinning faster next episode.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 12, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2015
YES. Satoru gets another chance at Revival?? I wonder where he'll end up... Thank god he gets another chance. He would have been screwed if he didn't.

I wish I paid attention to people's eyes more >.< ugh...

Anyway, I cannot WAIT for the next episode >w< like seriously~

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 12, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit another fucking Revival. Time to get know the fucking culprit.

Feb 12, 2016 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
Has anyone seen the Live Action preview? It sure is interesting but I recommend you don't watch it as yet. It has what I would determine a major spoiler not only for the anime but also for the manga as well. But with actually being said, I really I'm looking forward to watching that Live Action.
Feb 12, 2016 7:45 PM
Feb 2016
I don't think there's much he can do while in jail so I hope that butterfly at the end means he'll be able to go back in time and really change things.

I didn't even know this anime existed until a few hours ago. I should've waited till it was completed to knock all the episodes out of the park instead of now WAITING for the rest lmfao
Feb 12, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
Anyone know the manager's name yet? lol

Good episode.
Feb 12, 2016 8:11 PM

Feb 2015
people be like "guys shows not over so don't get so happy happy" b**** I'll get happy if I want to. People be like "mangas better" to people that say that just suck my d*** cause it's in the forum of an anime.
SukiMikasaFeb 12, 2016 8:14 PM
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Feb 12, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
This anime uses environmental and audio effects like none other I've ever seen. You realize the true intent and meaning of a scene through the audio alone. Some of these scenes would never, ever have hit as hard if not for these special effects, having no equal that I've ever seen and might ever see again. And through this, how hard they hit. Even the most emotionally charged moments of the best anime I've seen to date pale in comparison to the slowest moments of this one. Each scene adds a piece to the puzzle, almost every piece being infinitely important, and the biggest moments use each and every piece ever conceived up to that point to hit its mark with the most impact and precision you can possibly imagine. The writers knew what they were doing, and pulled no punches in any way. What a piece of work.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Feb 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
Hijazi said:

Hahahaha, that gave me a good laugh. :D

And Yes, That ending made the episode for me. The killer's apparent triumph smile [that he has won] and the glimps of hope for Satoru/us in the form of revival with the butterfly instigating it. Just great.

Yep, the killer was so confident, but no, not today bro xD
Dude next episode will be amazing (i keep saying this since episode 1 haha)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 12, 2016 8:39 PM
Jan 2016
pablomc said:
reireinatto said:
Omg that ending was so intense. Back to 1988 again in the next episode perhaps?

It's just me... or you guys also think that by the pace the will have a different end than the manga... maybe before "that" happens

They're just gonna cut a lot from the manga.

Feb 12, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Johndahon94 said:
It was all over so quickly, this show is soo good.

Yep, I felt the same, unfortunately we're gonna have to wait an entire week to watch another episode of this amazing story, again.

Xenocrisi said:
Are cliffhangers a new trend?

Wait, wut? Did I just read it properly? Dude, it has been used for longer than the age of most of the people on this website. Cliffhangers were always a thing...

ON THE EPISODE NOW:-----------------------------

I had an impression that I knew that smile from somewhere... I'm convicted it is the teacher. He dresses exactly like him, his face format seems the same, hair seems the same, it's a male and I somehow associated that smile of him with the teacher. The only thing is that the teacher didn't use glasses (if I recall correctly), which makes my statement go through a different path... but guess what, glasses are trendy now, they weren't back then in the twentieth century or he could have aged or produced optical problems which is actually very common.

We still had the reporter that was friends with his mother but I don't think so, he's too friendly and actually tried to help him out. So the only one left is the teacher, it must be the teacher, unless it is someone that didn't make an appearance yet but that wouldn't make sense because Fujinuma and his mother actually recognized that person, so it should be someone we've seen already.
Remember that there was also a 5 seconds scene that showed him talking with Kayo's mom in his office from a long distance.
Well, he didn't use a hat in the past either but anyways... anyone can use hats...

Like I said, it all points to the teacher, the only downside of my theory are the glasses, which I already tried to cover up. Let's see what happens.

AivanK said:

And you have your reasons to do so! =D

I'm so excited *-* Gotta read the manga too, I don't know if I can handle myself from reading the manga before the adaptation ends :x
b1GZZFeb 12, 2016 8:54 PM
Feb 12, 2016 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
Check out what I caught in the OP
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 12, 2016 10:06 PM
Jul 2012
wheresthehandle said:
Check out what I caught in the OP

There's also the part with his silhouette, his mom, airi and kayo and then you see that the silhouette is actually the killer, so him from a different timeline or whatever is the killer, better have some cool execution for that
Feb 12, 2016 10:10 PM
Jul 2012
level999 said:
1idd0kun said:

It was still worse than all the previous episodes.

As a manga reader, I don't agree with you. Last episode wasn't that good. But this one is really good.

"As a manga reader"

Who fucking cares lmfao he's talking about the quality of the ANIMATION, which is def worse than eps 2-3-4
Feb 12, 2016 10:20 PM

May 2013
Probably one the best shows I've seen airing in a LONG time. Holy shit I've never been this hyped for a show in ages. Absolutely love this episode. Damn that cliffhanger tho.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Feb 12, 2016 11:11 PM

Jun 2011
"Not trusting my husband was the biggest mistake of my life and I can't repent enough for that, which is why I won't let my darling daughter suffer the same fate, and instead encourage her to trust everyone around her and to go out of her way to assist them when they're in trouble, even if they're someone I only know about through the emotional ramblings of my daughter in their favour and are a murder suspect to boot. Heck, this guy she's so bent upon risking her life on might turn out to be my future son-in-law for all I know, what with people both within and outside the verse shipping them. So yeah, you hereby have my wholehearted permission to leave the hospital and have a rendezvous with him. I'll take care of things here. May the force be with you."

Yeah, right.
Feb 13, 2016 1:25 AM

Nov 2007
_Rika said:
"Not trusting my husband was the biggest mistake of my life and I can't repent enough for that, which is why I won't let my darling daughter suffer the same fate, and instead encourage her to trust everyone around her and to go out of her way to assist them when they're in trouble, even if they're someone I only know about through the emotional ramblings of my daughter in their favour and are a murder suspect to boot. Heck, this guy she's so bent upon risking her life on might turn out to be my future son-in-law for all I know, what with people both within and outside the verse shipping them. So yeah, you hereby have my wholehearted permission to leave the hospital and have a rendezvous with him. I'll take care of things here. May the force be with you."

Yeah, right.

The last line is very powerful — "May the Revival be with you." I loled.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 13, 2016 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
Protaku said:

Good episode.

His name is Tenchou. It's been said several times.
Coronavirus.
Feb 13, 2016 1:34 AM

Apr 2014
shanimebib said:
Protaku said:

Good episode.

They should really add him to the databases then, along with several other characters that aren't there and have had decent amounts of screen time.
Feb 13, 2016 1:37 AM

Nov 2007
Protaku said:
shanimebib said:

They should really add him to the databases then, along with several other characters that aren't there and have had decent amounts of screen time.

You can submit a character if you want. It's open to anyone only for mods to approve if it's legit. Here is the link: Add A New Character.
Coronavirus.
Feb 13, 2016 1:41 AM

Apr 2014
shanimebib said:
Protaku said:

You can submit a character if you want. It's open to anyone only for mods to approve if it's legit. Here is the link: Add A New Character.

I already did but the process is slow, and I thought other people would have done it by now considering the anime's popularity.

I'm making a quiz on QuizUp for this anime and it's kind of inconvenient not being able to see a full roster of the characters for reference.
Feb 13, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
yiruma123 said:
pablomc said:

It's just me... or you guys also think that by the pace the will have a different end than the manga... maybe before "that" happens

They're just gonna cut a lot from the manga.

Yeah, they probably won't, but it's not a big deal really, it didn't add much to the story anyways.
But pacing is really going to pick up from here, 4 chs next week
Feb 13, 2016 1:58 AM

Nov 2007
Protaku said:
shanimebib said:

I already did but the process is slow, and I thought other people would have done it by now considering the anime's popularity.

I'm making a quiz on QuizUp for this anime and it's kind of inconvenient not being able to see a full roster of the characters for reference.

Well I hope it goes through the approval process quickly. Honestly, they should add the iffy-reporter, Kayo's shit-mom, her shit-mom's fag-boyfriend, the-girl-who-put-stuff-on-other-people's-bag/pocket-unless-they-can't, the-boy-who-lost-in-skating, Airi's sad mom, the-two-sorry-excuses-for-detectives and Shiratori's dad in the database. The lack of substantial characters in the anime is starting to question the depth of the anime as a mystery anime.
Coronavirus.
Feb 13, 2016 2:31 AM

Sep 2013
AivanK said:
Hijazi said:

Hahahaha, that gave me a good laugh. :D

And Yes, That ending made the episode for me. The killer's apparent triumph smile [that he has won] and the glimps of hope for Satoru/us in the form of revival with the butterfly instigating it. Just great.

Yep, the killer was so confident, but no, not today bro xD

Satoru will get a chance to "Revival" again and maybe arrest the real suspect
Feb 13, 2016 5:33 AM

Jan 2016
This Anime feels like it is on a whole different level 10/10 for sure

But besides that I really don't think the Manager has something to do with it, I think that is what they want us to think.
Like if we look back at the place where Satoru and has Mother were at the parkingspot when they went for groceries or something we saw the 'potential killer' as we could call it? And he didn't look anyting like the Manager.
Can't wait for the next episode
Let me know what you guys think :D
Feb 13, 2016 5:51 AM

Dec 2014
RyugamiKuroryu said:
Ok, I thought that was Kayo's stepfather too, but now that you say, it really isn't him ._. Not sure if it's the teacher, though, but does looks so. Wich reminds me of a scene that's not been explained yet. I think it was in the 2nd or 3rd episode, after Satoru speak with the teacher. In the end of that episode, the teacher appears talking with someone who seems to be Kayo's mother at school, but then the episode ends without showing what they were talking about. He was speaking about the abuses or was it about something else?

At the end of episode 3, the theacher is likely talking to Satoru's classmate, Kenya.

Anyway, the butterfly (effect) in the end is indicating another revival? Oh man, we're probably going to have another trip to the past
Feb 13, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2015
KorNk said:

A-list_96 said:

True, i do find the pacing to be really inconsistent.

Yeah... sorry, but I can't agree with you. I actually really like this dynamic pacing (in a sense that it flows from fast to slow and vice versa). Moreover, I'd prefer it to be even slower at times (like in manga).

Each to their own.
Feb 13, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2010
Protaku said:
shanimebib said:

Okay wtf, pretty sure tenchou means manager in japanese. Have you guys not seen any other anime lol
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Feb 13, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2009
Sam1198777 said:
Protaku said:

Okay wtf, pretty sure tenchou means manager in japanese. Have you guys not seen any other anime lol

Yeah, "tenchou" means manager. It's not his name. lol
Feb 13, 2016 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
i gotta know who the killer is... i gotta
Feb 13, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Why does this show make the police look like a bunch of idiots? -_-
They were fooled many times in one episode (Airi getting out of her room and having her mother stay as her replacement, and that guy sneaking in pretending to be going to the toilet).
Also there isn't enough proof that Satoru killed his mom and set the fire, and he has no motive to do so! did they just decide that he's the murderer without investigating?!
Feb 13, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
DiabloMask said:
They were fooled many times in one episode (Airi getting out of her room and having her mother stay as her replacement, and that guy sneaking in pretending to be going to the toilet).
Also there isn't enough proof that Satoru killed his mom and set the fire, and he has no motive to do so! did they just decide that he's the murderer without investigating?!
lmfao turn on the news if u want more example of stupidity within the police system.
Feb 13, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
well...im glad airi got more screentime because she's the cutest character in these series tbh

also betting that the manager is the killer. like everyone's saying it's the teacher but idk man,he seems too chill

edit: damn,just mixed up the manager with the other guy lol nvm
BoboSmradFeb 13, 2016 2:22 PM
Feb 13, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Indeed a very interesting episode.

Can't wait for the next episode!
removed-userFeb 13, 2016 4:04 PM
Feb 13, 2016 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Really not a fan of everyone being a red herring, it just seems a really lazy way to create mystery, and the red eyes... totally lacks subtlety. I liked it apart from that, though it's not quite as good as the first 4 episodes.
Feb 13, 2016 4:43 PM
Jan 2016
DiabloMask said:

I do not think the police really fooled by Airi. Remember at the end of the episode, the police finally caught Satoru. So the police knew very well that Airi was running out of hospital & let her to lead them to Satoru.

merryfistmas said:
Really not a fan of everyone being a red herring, it just seems a really lazy way to create mystery, and the red eyes... totally lacks subtlety. I liked it apart from that, though it's not quite as good as the first 4 episodes.

How's too many red herrings a lazy way to create a mystery? Wouldn't it make the mystery much more intriguing & the pay off at the end would be much more satisfying? And about the red eyes, it could be a lack of subtlety from the anime to indicate a bad guy or that's some kind of foreshadowing about something else. We do not know that yet.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

832 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.