Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 5:00 PM
Feb 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Very short summary this week. It's mostly action.

Miwa's side:
- Miwa, Yoneya, and Koskero are fighting inside a house
- It's a good terrain for Koskero, who has plenty of places to sneak attack from, such as from between the bookshelves. Yoneya's left hand and leg get covered with slime.
- Getting his leg covered in slime makes Yoneya unable to get steady foothold (too slippery). Getting his hand covered in slime makes Yoneya unable to grip his spear.
- Miwa observes that the enemy trigger is of the "giving negative status effect to trion" just like his lead bullets. Yoneya observes that the enemy is very defensive. Is he buying time?
- Or he's aiming for a counter, Miwa chips in.
- Anyway, both decide not to touch the slime shield. Good thing they have experience fighting enemy that can't be touched (Hyerin)
- Yoneya uses senkuu kougetsu to destroy the ceiling, while Miwa attacks the enemy, who gets distracted by the ceiling for a bit. Defended. The follow up lead bullet attack is also shielded with the slime.
- Koskero thinks now that the enemies know Noikokyra is weak against non-trion substance, fighting inside a building is not good. (kanji means black wall. Greek seems to mean housekeeper or housewife). He goes up the building.
- Miwa and Yoneya pursue and Koskero wishes he has more time to set a counter up.
- Right then, Miwa asks Koskero if his country was responsible for the large scale attack 4 years ago.
- Miwa's chitchat gives Koskero time to attack with his slime from the back. Evaded, but Yoneya's right leg and Miwa's right hand and right leg are covered with slime cuz Koskero laced the room below with slime.
- Koskero tells Miwa that there's no need to answer, but chitchatting in the middle of a fight is not good.
- Miwa tells him that is no longer the middle of a fight, since his defeat was sealed when he went up.
- Just then Jin attacks him from far away with Fuujin. It turns out that Sawamura has been coordinating Miwa/Yoneya with Jin.
- Koskero remembers the long distance attack trigger from Aftokrator's information, but such distance means it's a black trigger. He also realizes that the enemy talked to him to distract him.
- Anyway, Miwa secures Koskero and says he'll take his time to ask later.

Jin's side
- Jin tells Sawamura that he'll no longer help out in this battle and asks her to tell everyone the battle will be done in a few minutes.

Reiji's side
- Karasuma is happy that it seems the rank wars are not cancelled (since the battle will be done soon before the rank wars start). Reiji agrees because T-2 needs as many points as possible and if this rank wars get cancelled it will get even harder. The only problem is if the ship will still be in one piece...
- Karasuma tells him it'll be all right. If the 4 attackers can't defend it then there's nothing else to be done.
- Since the battle will be done in a few minutes, Reiji and Karasuma go all out with Full Arms and Geist: Shooting mode (216 secs till BO).

Reggie's side
- Reggie and Yomi are surprised that the enemies go all out all of a sudden.
- At this rate the trion soldiers will just get wasted. Reggie hides the dogs, while Yomi pulls back the trion soldiers.
- Reggie wonders how the enemies know everything and swears that he'll do something.

Comments:
- Ah, one of the few times in Shounen where chitchatting with the enemy for 3-4 seconds means fatal defeat. And assuming the enemy is dumb enough to chitchat with you without ulterior motive is fatal. That's why WT is great.
- It makes sense that Galo, with inferior tech than Afto and no BT, does worse than Afto. Perhaps Galo has no retreat method and is resigned to sacrifice a few agents so that Afto is not mad?
- Things are going too well for Border. I don't like it. It feels like calm before the storm.
Feb 10, 2016 5:22 PM
Oct 2015
Wow, lucky me to check the forums a few minutes after this is posted! As always, thank you for the translation, p-kun!

I am mostly curious about Jins predictions again. Knowing that he only personally goes out of his way to alter things into borders favor when others can't, I wonder if hes just tying up loose ends or if hes desperately avoiding bad endings. I also wonder if jin is counting the inside battle as well when he says that the battle will be over in a few minutes.

Also, now that 1 of 2 outside battles have been concluded and Jin was at that area, looks like youtarou and hyruse will end up at the huge skirmish.
Feb 10, 2016 5:51 PM

Dec 2015
p-kun said:

- Ah, one of the few times in Shounen where chitchatting with the enemy for 3-4 seconds means fatal defeat. And assuming the enemy is dumb enough to chitchat with you without ulterior motive is fatal. That's why WT is great.

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed! Long live WT
Feb 10, 2016 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
Good show by Miwa to use talking in the middle of a fight to his advantage.

Reghi's comment at the end is a bit disconcerting. I feel like that is a big Jin death flag.

Also pretty hyped to see full arms though I'm not sure if this is the best time to reveal it.
Feb 11, 2016 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
Ugh. Reggie said he is going to do something - and Jin's heading right that way :/ If Jin's got Fujin, it's a black trigger and no bail out. :/ It would suck if Jin goes down to a hidden dog. But Ashihara has made Jin too powerful in this fight (same with Replica in the last) so that typically means RIP Jin. I hope it is a capture and not a kill - another reason for T2 to get an away mission.
Feb 11, 2016 3:53 AM

Feb 2016
Jin may sacrifice himself for saving Yotaro and Huse.

BTW where is the raw chapter? I haven't seen it in mangamint or in ishuhui.
Feb 11, 2016 4:32 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know what you see but Rejji look like a Gundam to me, lol. 1 vulcan, 1 battle rifle, 1 rocket laucher, 1 grenades launcher and 2 shields. That why T1 ban from rank battles. too OP. I wonder when Chika can touch that thing.
The last panel seem it will be a major foreshadow Jin downfall.
It is perfect if Jin defeat in the last chapter of the book. Question is HOW?
Feb 11, 2016 6:56 AM
Feb 2015
I saw the pic, and wow, that Jin slash comes from sniping range. Fuujin's accuracy is ridiculous.

Still no sign of break. Either Ashihara is being pushed to church chapters so the anime won't catch up too soon or he spent his time and health in the last few months last year to write the data book even though he was already getting better. I would like to believe on the 2nd option. I would hate it if he ruins his health just for the crappy anime.
p-kunFeb 11, 2016 7:06 AM
Feb 11, 2016 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
p-kun said:

- Ah, one of the few times in Shounen where chitchatting with the enemy for 3-4 seconds means fatal defeat.

hell yeah :D i love that this series is shounen but don't follow the typical tropes.

that death flag. jin is definitely up to something and the fights on smooth sailing is definitely suspicious. i'm really excited for the next chap. i wonder what reggie will pull off.
thanks for the translations :D
Feb 11, 2016 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
I literally anxiously wait for this moment every week. Thanks for the translations!
Feb 11, 2016 8:58 AM
Jan 2016
Any possibility of Galo members becoming a black trigger? Even though it's not in Jin's precognition it may happen. Thanks for the summary :D.
Feb 11, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Dues-aj said:

Reghi's comment at the end is a bit disconcerting. I feel like that is a big Jin death flag.

I don't know... Reggie just doesn't strike me has being strong enough take down Jin. He seems like the newbie of Galo, the one they leave behind with a simple almost risk-free job because they don't know if he's ready for big action yet. I don't care how rilled up he is, that doesn't count for much. Jin was able to play around with Hysue (who was probably much stronger than Reggie) with a normal trigger and now he has Fujjin with him. Even while protecting Yotaro, I don't see him being beaten. AT WORST, he might get injured shielding Yotaro or something like that but nothing like dying or being kidnapped. Also, a flaw in this theory of protecting Yotaro is that Reggie knows he is not suppose to incur the wrath of Midden and hurting a little child or Jin or even just kidnapping one of them would be very wrath incurring.

What I think will happen is this: Reggie is pissed of and will meet Hyuse. He already has the authorisation to eliminate Hyuse and since Hyuse is Afto and Reggie's team is here because of Afto he will take it out on Hyuse. He will go all out trying to kill Hyuse probably even shout some profanities and the fact that he just following Afto's orders. Yotaro and Jin will save him and Hyuse will now be Middens friend.
Feb 11, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2013
Nice to see full armed Reiji and Torimaru. That's really noice.

no no don't make Jin died. He should died on bigger enemy than this.
Feb 11, 2016 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
Anyone?
Link?
I can't find world trigger on any sites
Feb 11, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
Keii-kun said:
Anyone?
Link?
I can't find world trigger on any sites

There's a link on Manga fox's forums
Feb 11, 2016 11:31 AM
Oct 2015
Lubu20 said:
Any possibility of Galo members becoming a black trigger? Even though it's not in Jin's precognition it may happen. Thanks for the summary :D.

Im pretty sure this was a topic brought up in previous chapter threads, but most likely not. From what I understand, Black Triggers are made with the life force of a person in an overwhelmingly desperate life or death situation. There are probably a whole bunch of other factors that im forgetting, but obviously that alone is not enough to make a BT. If the conditions were so easily replicated, BT would would be mass-produced by all the countries. Galopoula isn't fighting that desperately in my opinion. And Miden/Border isnt out for blood. They're going for subdue and capture. There may always be a chance for a BT to be born in the midst of battle but right now, as a giant plot device, the timing would be little strange. Short answer: doubtful.
Feb 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2016
LuzNight said:
Dues-aj said:

I don't know... Reggie just doesn't strike me has being strong enough take down Jin. He seems like the newbie of Galo, the one they leave behind with a simple almost risk-free job because they don't know if he's ready for big action yet. I don't care how rilled up he is, that doesn't count for much. Jin was able to play around with Hysue (who was probably much stronger than Reggie) with a normal trigger and now he has Fujjin with him. Even while protecting Yotaro, I don't see him being beaten. AT WORST, he might get injured shielding Yotaro or something like that but nothing like dying or being kidnapped. Also, a flaw in this theory of protecting Yotaro is that Reggie knows he is not suppose to incur the wrath of Midden and hurting a little child or Jin or even just kidnapping one of them would be very wrath incurring.

What I think will happen is this: Reggie is pissed of and will meet Hyuse. He already has the authorisation to eliminate Hyuse and since Hyuse is Afto and Reggie's team is here because of Afto he will take it out on Hyuse. He will go all out trying to kill Hyuse probably even shout some profanities and the fact that he just following Afto's orders. Yotaro and Jin will save him and Hyuse will now be Middens friend.

This invasion has proved how much "Meeden" has grown and they are not a country/planet to mess with. I don't think Jin will have any problem with Reigie or any of the Galo soldiers, he'll be absolutely fine. He has BT with him since he knows the future, it would be unreasonable for him to get defeated or kidnapped as it will create the opportunity for the enemy to steal the BT. Reigie realized that their plan has been flushed out to "Meedan," even those plans which Aftrokator didn't even know about, which were known to the six members of the Galo soldiers, so he wants to do something which doesn't concern with the plan i.e. trying to kill a "Meeden" -Yotaro, so that he would figure out that it was not Aftro or Gala soldiers rather "Meeden" has the ability to know of "future."
And I agree with you, Jin will help both Yotaro and Hyuse and save them from being collateral damage.
Feb 11, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
p-kun said:

That is why we all love WT, isn't it ? Using typical shonen tropes but in a clever way, and/or using atypical shonen tropes.
Feb 11, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2015
LuzNight said:

Yeah, for me this whole arc is about setting up Hyuse to credibly defect. With this chapter, Jin seemed to be back in the mantle of chief string puller, and I can see Galo bailing fast if they think Afto is setting them up. You have a very paranoid Reggie, and he's the most likely one Hyuse would make contact with. With two in captivity, and with Mideen seeming to know Galo's moves, just the sight of Hyuse could tip Reggie over the edge.
Feb 11, 2016 5:23 PM
Feb 2015
I don't think Jin will die, at least not before we have his background and motivation fully explored. Also, if Jin dies, chances are the rank wars will be suspended. But if he does die, I hope he doesn't turn into BT despite the logical way for him to die is to turn to BT. I'm tired of getting the tension ruined by his SE.

About Reggie, I think what will happen is that he and Yomi will strike back once Reiji and Karasuma and the others foolishly expend their trion in the next 4-5 minutes. Half of the agents will BO and the front line will crumble. Reggie and Yomi successfully secure Galo team's retreat. Thus, Border's dependence on Jin's SE will be shown to have flaw.

That said, I'm not sure about Hyuse though. There have been many speculations (including my own) but truth to be told, I don't like any of them. I prefer WT to be unpredictable with regards to Hyuse. Perhaps he gets captured or killed by Galo or sth.
Feb 11, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:

That said, I'm not sure about Hyuse though. There have been many speculations (including my own) but truth to be told, I don't like any of them. I prefer WT to be unpredictable with regards to Hyuse. Perhaps he gets captured or killed by Galo or sth.

Hyuse dying would waste a lot of build up so that would be pretty bad.
Feb 12, 2016 1:42 AM
Oct 2015
Okay, so when I read "Jin attacks from far away with fuujin" I was expecting him to be a few streets away, grinning like an idiot. When I saw the scans I was NOT expecting him to be what looks like miles away, where his target is a dot in sight. OP trigger.
Feb 12, 2016 7:04 AM
Feb 2016
deadmanwalking13 said:
Okay, so when I read "Jin attacks from far away with fuujin" I was expecting him to be a few streets away, grinning like an idiot. When I saw the scans I was NOT expecting him to be what looks like miles away, where his target is a dot in sight. OP trigger.

That's why it is a Black Trigger xD
Feb 12, 2016 8:04 AM

Feb 2016
p-kun said:
I don't think Jin will die, at least not before we have his background and motivation fully explored.

Jin won't face any harm since he has to teach how to use Fujin and he has a goal of becoming No. 1 attacker in Border. Jin is one of the most influential characters, he has a big roleplay.
BTW Jin did not say that Border is gonna win rather he said the winner will be decided within few minutes, so there is still probability of upsetting HQ's expectation and Director Shinoda is gonna participate in the battle was foreshadowed in chapter 128. But then again, Jin only has 2 slashed/ribbon of Fujin, will it be enough to avoid the unsettling outcome.
Feb 12, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
Jin can reload Fujin, though. I wonder how long that takes?

Incidentally, anyone else notice that Futaba's ability is called "Skanda" in the Viz official translations? It's Itaden everywhere else.
Feb 12, 2016 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
During his fight agaisnt Top Teams Fujin recharged quite fast he used 3 blades in the beggining of the battle and by the time he was "cornered" in the garage he already had the 8 of them again then he used 6 on Tachikawa, one on Utagawa and hid the last.

Edit: Actually there are 11 blades
Jota_CarvalhoFeb 12, 2016 9:34 AM
Feb 12, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Now that I've read the fully translated version, I wonder about Reggie. It seems he really thinks he can make a difference by intervening himself. Is he just dumb/inexperienced and doesn't know when he's beaten? Because if he IS strong enough to make a difference than I'm even more confused. If he is that strong why give him such supporting role? Why not take him inside or why not have him fight agents head on? I hope he just being emotional...
Feb 12, 2016 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
kissantassu said:
Jin can reload Fujin, though. I wonder how long that takes?

Incidentally, anyone else notice that Futaba's ability is called "Skanda" in the Viz official translations? It's Itaden everywhere else.

Skanda is the more general name of that god.
Feb 12, 2016 11:57 AM

Feb 2016
LuzNight said:
Is he just dumb/inexperienced and doesn't know when he's beaten? ..... I hope he just being emotional...

Absolutely, he is just passionate since he believes that Galapaola is on a whole other league to Meeden, and facing this kind of setback is an utter disgrace. He didn't care if Meeden approaches to their country for revenge if their citizenry has been hurt.

He and Kitora share similar personality though I like this kind of persons. Kitora is my favorite character after Yuma and Konami.

LuzNight said:
If he is that strong why give him such supporting role?.

I think you have answered it yourself, he is inexperienced, however, he is talented.
Uma_double12Feb 12, 2016 12:05 PM
Feb 12, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
It could be that he gets a supporting role because he gets flustered easily and overreacts - doing dangerous or counterproductive things. He could be there to gain discipline.
Feb 12, 2016 5:47 PM
Feb 2015
LuzNight said:
Now that I've read the fully translated version, I wonder about Reggie. It seems he really thinks he can make a difference by intervening himself. Is he just dumb/inexperienced and doesn't know when he's beaten? Because if he IS strong enough to make a difference than I'm even more confused. If he is that strong why give him such supporting role? Why not take him inside or why not have him fight agents head on? I hope he just being emotional...

He is the most emotional one of the bunch. Rather than strength, the scene shows Reggie's desperation. His desperation may indicate a nasty punishment awaits them/their country if they fail.
Feb 16, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2013
Things going too well for Border does seem kinda fishy, but again according to Enedrad Border will be able to handle this easily. Now the question is if Gatlin is good enough to break the ship; he has to break through the top attackers and possibly Shinoda after all.

I think the idea that this is a pure suicide attack might be kinda interesting. Because for one it means this group is considered disposable by Galo higher ups/Aftokrator even though they are skilled, and two if all or some of them get captured there's the possibility of cooperating with Border to mess with Aftokrator. It could even be another reason why they don't want to harm anyone - so that they get off easy when they get caught.

Obviously Fujin is that strong :p
Kinda glad we got more Fujin action because it wasn't made clear how useful it can be. It's basically a multishot sniper with viper mobility and BT power, and a BT Kogetsu in close range.

And damn I'm starting to really like Miwa.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.