Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
make me more curious for next episode.
Feb 9, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
22-1
i wonder where is the spirit.....XD
that silver hair girl from england is so freaking cool, i like her, especially her shoes is so awsome. i like asuka's race too. it was improving imo. but unfortunately after asuka score 1 point, they cut the match and end it...i want to see more of it though...
Feb 9, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
I keep watching this anime every week and expecting Romance to be in it, and for it to be overall a better anime, and every damn week I am disappointed...isn't that the definition of insanity?

Like what am I getting out of this? Bits and pieces of FC in action and then blow outs...like why? Why not dedicate a whole episode to a match if FC is what you're focusing on in this anime, because you damn well sure are not focusing on the romance aspect.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 9, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
Aoi (the teacher) is so attractive...

Uh, I mean good episode. Knew the captain would be destroyed no matter who his opponent was. I don't see Asuka making it past her next match, but it'll probably happen. Hopefully Misaki wins again.

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
Those matches are so epic.
New characters keep popping up...
Anyway, wonder if Hinata will be playing/competing as well.
Feb 9, 2016 6:42 PM
Feb 2011
vampko said:
rsc-pl said:
Everyone are complaining about changes comparing to source material, but no one is mentioning about terrible translation in this episode which effectively destroys the pleasure of watching.

Well I don't use subs so...>.>

Jakerams said:

Suppose the studio decided to adapt your favorite source material (Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novel or Game), and he is a yuri, shoujo-ai or CGDCT. The studio decides to change the plot and story of source material and also add a male MC and doing the show rotate around him, he will have the POV, exposure and will be the main focus of the show, the female MC of the source material becomes just a heroine, then they replace the scenes and dialogues that take place between the girls in the source material, by scenes and dialogues between the girls and the male MC, and they decide to change the personality and characteristics of the girls, doing that all the girls are in love with MC male.

You would stay happy or would have liked if this were done in the your preferred source materials

Again, I completely understand why people are upset. But I have no reason to complain. The change is good for me, so I don't care. If they did it to something I liked, yeah, i wouldn't be happy. And it would suck.

I"m not belittling your anger, but I can't really be angry over this.

Let's say you read a novel, and the story was a mess, and the character development wasn't that great, and overall you were disappointed. But then it gets an anime adaptation, and they actually fix up the story and give good character development. Would you be angry? Or happy?

your happiness wont last considering that nearly all anime adaptations that have the story messed around with never get a second season, with the added fact that this is only 12 episodes so you will get little to no story so i say all the people that like the premiss of this anime and want to see more will not get that, so they decide to turn to the light novels and find that the story they were hoping to see from the anime turns out to be completely different then lets see whos angry then.
Feb 9, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
I don't really comment on the forum threads anymore.
But I just have to say that I believe that this show is doing amazing character progression. They aren't just making one of these girls the best in the world over night. There is constant growth as players for them and the show needs to be celebrated for that so far.

Too many times in any competition or battle anime.
Our main character has a "trump card" and they magically become the best out of no where.
This show hasn't done that.
Feb 9, 2016 8:42 PM

Jun 2013
Very cute episode, probably my favorite so far. :)
Feb 9, 2016 10:28 PM
Mar 2014
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

all scenes yuribait are original content, they are not present in the visual novel.

Was there in game.

Feb 9, 2016 10:37 PM

Jun 2015
This was unexpectedly enjoyable.

vampko said:
So glad they are ignoring the source. The show wouldn't be worth watching otherwise. C'mon Gonzo! Keep on pushing the yuri and ignoring the source!

Agreed.
Feb 10, 2016 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
the war on Aokana continues on me and it's time to attack their school w/ a B-2 Bomber
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 10, 2016 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
Maledict said:
Aoi (the teacher) is so attractive...

I can agree with that ^^

Feb 10, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
The last match was really exciting, Kurashina keeps surprising.

I'm touched.
Feb 10, 2016 6:00 AM

May 2012
daleb729 said:
vampko said:

Well I don't use subs so...>.>

Again, I completely understand why people are upset. But I have no reason to complain. The change is good for me, so I don't care. If they did it to something I liked, yeah, i wouldn't be happy. And it would suck.

I"m not belittling your anger, but I can't really be angry over this.

Let's say you read a novel, and the story was a mess, and the character development wasn't that great, and overall you were disappointed. But then it gets an anime adaptation, and they actually fix up the story and give good character development. Would you be angry? Or happy?

your happiness wont last considering that nearly all anime adaptations that have the story messed around with never get a second season, with the added fact that this is only 12 episodes so you will get little to no story so i say all the people that like the premiss of this anime and want to see more will not get that, so they decide to turn to the light novels and find that the story they were hoping to see from the anime turns out to be completely different then lets see whos angry then.

Eh, I'm desensitized to that by now. So many shows I like don't get second seasons. And often enough the source material is different enough that I wouldn't have reason to read/play/etc it.

Believe me, you'll be hard-pressed to find a yuri fan that isn't mentally and emotionally prepared for a show to never get another season.

EDIT
To add, one thing that I like better about this, is that, in the V/N, one person just solves everyone's problems. That's really unrealistic and just pandering. In this, people's problems are being solved by different sources. Like how Mashiro gained a new friend. That's a whole lot more interesting than a guy just making girls fall in love with him. Even if one dislikes yuri, I think they should be able to see that.
vampkoFeb 10, 2016 6:12 AM
Feb 10, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
lol at anyone taking source material into considering for an ADAPTION

ppl need a dictionary before talking tbh

ontopic: good episode
Feb 10, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2014
Komomo said:
I can agree with that ^^

Hahaha, that "teacher clothing", though.

I'd probably play the VN just because of her if she had a route, but... guess Misaki's the best choice otherwise.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 10, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2009
Maledict said:
Komomo said:
I can agree with that ^^

Hahaha, that "teacher clothing", though.

I'd probably play the VN just because of her if she had a route, but... guess Misaki's the best choice otherwise.

i'll kill that B*tch!

Feb 11, 2016 12:05 AM

Oct 2015
I'm curious how Shion even scored a point against absolute powerhouse. It wasn't even a match. Just a completely one sided game.

Its nice to see that Asuka has improved dramatically since she first started and has finally won her first match. Everyone seems to be in shock when she does an Air Kick Turn.

I don't know what it is, but there is something about this anime that makes me just love it.
Feb 11, 2016 1:02 AM

Apr 2011
Ku-ri-su said:
I'm curious how Shion even scored a point against absolute powerhouse. It wasn't even a match. Just a completely one sided game.

The one point Shion scored was probably after he opened his eyes (displayed with more effect in the VN), before he continued getting curbstomped.
Shion is a special type of speeder, since he solely relies on his muscles and "spirit" to go faster (Kind of reminds me of Masato Inohara from Little Buster).
Feb 11, 2016 4:10 AM

Aug 2012
where is the romance
Feb 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:
Some of the new girls are weird...
Seems a lot like Saki.

This episode made me pretty happy. Lots of cheerfulness, and a revisit to that lighthearted competition feel i like.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 11, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
im gonna start calling this show Air Kick Turn from now on
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 11, 2016 3:15 PM

May 2012
szympus11 said:
where is the romance

For one example. You'll get something between Masaya and Asuka before the end, I'm pretty positive.
Feb 11, 2016 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
vampko said:
szympus11 said:
where is the romance

For one example. You'll get something between Masaya and Asuka before the end, I'm pretty positive.
eew this show is insane after all

Feb 12, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
i'm fine with yuri but i have a felling that romance was removed because they wanted to make a "sport" anime
Feb 12, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
Wow exciting matches! Misaki and Asuka make it to the next round :D Looks like that girl from England is pretty legit ... close fight at the end for Asuka as well. I'm looking forward to the second round! It was pretty nice to see Mashiro manage to score some points as well ... and funny how Satouin's captain kept calling her "Satou" XD
Looks like we'll get a big match next time with Misaki vs. Shindou! It should be good! :D
Feb 12, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2008
The FC tournament West Kyushu officially started.
Mashiro's opponent is too strong unfair!
Misaki one-sidedly defeated Rika even though Mashiro is rooting for Rika...hehe
Shion was utterly wrecked by Inui! a very fast one!
and of course Asuka's first win! her air kick turn is really useful! plus while in a tailspin!
LOL Asuka's so tired she fell asleep before she touched the ground.
This is gonna be a great competition for all of them cuz there are many team stronger than the team of MC Masaya!
5/5.

Feb 12, 2016 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
I love how this is one of the few shows I can enjoy for style over substance, the art/animation is seriously refreshing stuff. I'm usually not a fan of VN-derived like this but its simplicity is all it needs.
Feb 13, 2016 12:29 AM
Apr 2012
I literally shed a tear at the end when Misaki congratulated Asuka on her first win. This show is just so sweet.
Feb 13, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
The matches were good, this anime is better with action. The fanservice was very nice too. It's too bad that the captain is so ridiculous.
Feb 13, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
No hopes on this episode :|

Feb 13, 2016 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
The episode is quite interesting and fun, the gags are not exactly new, if you think about it, but they succeed, the narrative can be addictive, but the clashes were more daring and explain some situations that are seen , just to make things understandable. Drawings and animations improved compared to the previous episode.
Feb 13, 2016 11:07 PM

Apr 2009
terrablu2003 said:
The episode is quite interesting and fun, the gags are not exactly new, if you think about it, but they succeed, the narrative can be addictive, but the clashes were more daring and explain some situations that are seen , just to make things understandable. Drawings and animations improved compared to the previous episode.
clashes wht clashes in this ep that u talking to and well i didn't watch this show from the start but one thing should be put here put the girls in Aokana to clash w/ the maneuverable fighter jets in our world and let's see who wins

Feb 14, 2016 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
Prankster_001 said:
terrablu2003 said:
clashes wht clashes in this ep that u talking to and well i didn't watch this show from the start but one thing should be put here put the girls in Aokana to clash w/ the maneuverable fighter jets in our world and let's see who wins

It would be a good idea to offer at Studio Gonzo. The slogan that would fit would be: moe girls, who are fighting on moe aircraft. XD
Feb 14, 2016 5:58 AM

Sep 2013
EvianBubble said:
Wow exciting matches! Misaki and Asuka make it to the next round :D Looks like that girl from England is pretty legit ... close fight at the end for Asuka as well. I'm looking forward to the second round! It was pretty nice to see Mashiro manage to score some points as well ... and funny how Satouin's captain kept calling her "Satou" XD
Looks like we'll get a big match next time with Misaki vs. Shindou! It should be good! :D

Yeah I agree, I watch this show because the Flying Circus scene is beautiful delivered
Feb 14, 2016 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
terrablu2003 said:
Prankster_001 said:

It would be a good idea to offer at Studio Gonzo. The slogan that would fit would be: moe girls, who are fighting on moe aircraft. XD
u can even imagine if the girls from Aokana would battle w/ a F-22 Raptor,F-35Lightning II,Dassault Rafale or Eurofighter Typhoon :)

Feb 15, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2015
*HYPING INTENSIFIES*
Mashiro-chan got links through the town, she can do a "buster call" if she's in trouble.
Her childhood friend is tanned and athletic YAAY!!
I wish this anime had better art and better audio
YESS FUCKING YURI GET IN!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really liking the commentary from orangie, her voice is quite funny
Oh no.. just no. Mashiro cheering for both.. Where is the loyalty to Misaki
Green hair grill speaks unusual japanese and she's probably from england as well like inui
Ayy Asuka's airkick turn was cool to see.
This anime could've been so much better, it wasn't a bad episode.
Character development is good
2.5/5
AhoNoGinFeb 15, 2016 6:27 AM
Feb 18, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Prankster_001 said:
terrablu2003 said:

u can even imagine if the girls from Aokana would battle w/ a F-22 Raptor,F-35Lightning II,Dassault Rafale or Eurofighter Typhoon :)

I like your idea and find much appreciation from the users, in addition to mine. :)

P.S. You know, there is a similar anime?
Feb 18, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2009
terrablu2003 said:
Prankster_001 said:

I like your idea and find much appreciation from the users, in addition to mine. :)

yup i think the similar anime to AoKana is Strike Witches but difference is SW is military themed but they wear a diff gear it is also worn on legs but it had propellers i n the end of the gear

Feb 19, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Prankster_001 said:
terrablu2003 said:

yup i think the similar anime to AoKana is Strike Witches but difference is SW is military themed but they wear a diff gear it is also worn on legs but it had propellers i n the end of the gear

I know the Strike Witches anime, I love it, but I thought that there was an anime themed aeronautical similar to what you see in the anime series of Shirobako, so to speak. You saw Shirobako?

P.S. I think we're going a bit off topic, how about if we talk about it privately or on our respective boards? ^ _ ^
Feb 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2012
Tournament already?
When will the romance start in this anime?
Character development for the MC? anyone?
I liked the episode though, found it highly entertaining.
Feb 19, 2016 11:06 PM

Apr 2009
terrablu2003 said:
Prankster_001 said:

I know the Strike Witches anime, I love it, but I thought that there was an anime themed aeronautical similar to what you see in the anime series of Shirobako, so to speak. You saw Shirobako?

P.S. I think we're going a bit off topic, how about if we talk about it privately or on our respective boards? ^ _ ^
well i'm ok on that :)

Mar 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
Prankster_001 said:
terrablu2003 said:

well i'm ok on that :)

OK! When you want, I'm ready.
Sorry for the delay! ^^"
Apr 17, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
Dogfighting is much more interesting to watch than just going around the square getting points. Almost seems unfair that the speed is based mostly on the tech in the grav boots. Whoever has the best tech will easily win.
May 5, 2016 9:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
kyle8998 said:
So we finally see official matches and so far they are amazing!

The scene reminded me of that test where you check and see the points of intersection in the parabola xD

Those outfits look real cute and side boobs. The outfits have a touch of sexiness as well.

Poor guy, 22 to 1, he got outclasses so bad.
Nice to see Asuka get a dominant win, the air kick spin was very cool.

Jun 6, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
this episode was such a delight. I'm so happy I picked up this series!
Oct 25, 2016 1:20 AM

Sep 2013
The team is definitely improving...well, except the captain!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 3, 2021 11:34 PM

Aug 2017
Tanny is hot. Not a contender in FC but she's hot.

Saki owns
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

151 by Azzybana »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.