Forum Settings
Forums

anime where the heroin has to grow stonger to survive

New
Feb 8, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2016
I am looking for an anime where the weak girl (maybe a princess) is forced to grow stronger.

i want it to have a romance involed as in more than friendship.

i really loved akatsuki no yona but haven't found anything similar to that..

any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! :)
Feb 8, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2015
Akatsuki no Yona is one of my favorites, and is really good actually...

The same goes for Nanatsu no Taizai
Feb 8, 2016 6:55 AM
Nov 2015
Here are some suggestion-
1. Akagami no shirayuki hime( not an action anime but yeah the girl is forced to become strong in differ. Sense)(watched n meet ur requirement)
2. Inuyasha(this 2 meet ur need)
3. Hakuouki
4. Kamisama hajimemashita
5. Claymore( unwatched )
Feb 8, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2012
Sailor Moon Crystal (or regular Sailor Moon, though it has less romance and more action/friendship)
Mai-HiME (in a way)
Feb 8, 2016 7:28 AM

May 2012
Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") is the classic in this genre, but it doesn't have much romance.

Saiunkoku Monogatari has more romance, but the heroine doesn't have as far to go as Youko in Juuni Kokuki.
Feb 8, 2016 8:27 AM
May 2009
Ghost Hunt.

The Girl knows nothing, but manages to become an assistant, and learn some basic shinto exorcist spells.
Feb 8, 2016 9:17 AM
Mar 2015
Hataraki Men
Hanasaku Iroha (though there is not much romance but great character development)
Feb 8, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2016
De-vil0Satan said:
Here are some suggestion-
1. Akagami no shirayuki hime( not an action anime but yeah the girl is forced to become strong in differ. Sense)(watched n meet ur requirement)
2. Inuyasha(this 2 meet ur need)
3. Hakuouki
4. Kamisama hajimemashita
5. Claymore( unwatched )
thank you! ive already seen#2-3 but claymore seems interesting
Feb 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2016
SeijiSensei said:
Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") is the classic in this genre, but it doesn't have much romance.

Saiunkoku Monogatari has more romance, but the heroine doesn't have as far to go as Youko in Juuni Kokuki.
i actually just got done watching season 2 of saiunkoku monogatari it was much better than i was expecting! but I'm looking forward to watching juuni kokui
Feb 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
shintai88 said:
Ghost Hunt.

The Girl knows nothing, but manages to become an assistant, and learn some basic shinto exorcist spells.
i actually loved this anime but was bummed that they aren't making anymore :(
Feb 8, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2012
Bubblegum6711 said:
i actually just got done watching season 2 of saiunkoku monogatari it was much better than i was expecting!

Does that mean you haven't watched the first season? I thought it was distinctly superior to season two, though the latter does have Shurrei's remarkable speech in episode eight. I'm sad Kuwashima Houko isn't getting as much work these days, though as she ages it might be by choice.
Feb 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
SeijiSensei said:
Bubblegum6711 said:
i actually just got done watching season 2 of saiunkoku monogatari it was much better than i was expecting!

Does that mean you haven't watched the first season? I thought it was distinctly superior to season two, though the latter does have Shurrei's remarkable speech in episode eight. I'm sad Kuwashima Houko isn't getting as much work these days, though as she ages it might be by choice.
no I have watched season 1 :) I agree though that I'm sad she hasn't been getting much work but she had other things going on also. I just wish they had expressed everything a little further.. like do they know she feels responsible for sakujins death? who all knows that seiran is the exiled prince? what happed to all of the emperors other brothers and sisters? and will she even know she was supposed to marry kouyuu and that he kinda wanted to.
Feb 8, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
joahae said:
De-vil0Satan said:

5. Claymore( unwatched )

just saying, there's like no romance in claymore. also, it doesn't have much to do with a weak girl/princess :c

to bubblegum; i think you'd like soredemo sekai. the romance in it was pretty good. shes already pretty strong tho
ah thanks! I cant wait to watch it :)
Feb 8, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2015
I SO want to recommend Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo. It has everything you're looking for but...unless you can tolerate fan service and can accept it's Mecha tag and intentionally stupid writing, then chances are you'll turn away from it...

Hmm...maybe you can try BTOOOM! instead...
Feb 9, 2016 2:12 AM
May 2009
Bubblegum6711 said:
shintai88 said:
Ghost Hunt.

Yeah its a shame, but was still good, Like how it got darker as it progressed.
Feb 9, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2016
Tarotist said:
I SO want to recommend Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo. It has everything you're looking for but...unless you can tolerate fan service and can accept it's Mecha tag and intentionally stupid writing, then chances are you'll turn away from it...

Hmm...maybe you can try BTOOOM! instead...
thanks for the recommendation I'll check out cross ange! ive ran across btoom but wasn't sure if id like it so ended up leaving it alone.. I'm going to give it a chance since you recommended it though :)
Feb 9, 2016 8:33 AM

Jan 2016
shintai88 said:
Bubblegum6711 said:

exactly! and it just got better and better.. but as it got better it led me to wanting more Dx why leave it like that? where they find out she has a power and that it. ugh

had a lot of potential
Feb 10, 2016 2:00 AM
May 2009
Bubblegum6711 said:
shintai88 said:

exactly! and it just got better and better.. but as it got better it led me to wanting more Dx why leave it like that? where they find out she has a power and that it. ugh

had a lot of potential

We even found out Naru has powers aswell. Such as Shame, and Lin was becoming alot more interesting after the vampire mansion arc.

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 9 hours ago

6 by silversaint »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

33 by Donkunsan »»
3 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
7 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.