Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2016 6:15 AM
Feb 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The tension ramps up!!

Outside HQ:
- Arashiyama and Kako's group is taking on enemies on the right side, Ninomiya and Suwa's group is taking the left.
- Reiji is keeping his pack (the right group) in line. Don't advance too much. Follow Ninomiya's order and focus on being defensive. Reduce the enemies one by one.
- Same with Ninomiya. The enemy count is still 3 times ours. We can't lose anyone, else the lack of fire power will get worse and worse. Scatter the enemy fire power, focus our fire power.
- Suwa is rallying the troops, "we won't lose to the likes of trion soldiers in teamwork"

Left pack:
- Meanwhile, Kuruma is busy shooting a pack of Idras and an Idras controlled by Yomi (will be called Yomidra from now on, to make it short) charges at him from his back.
- Sasamori blocks the attack, but his stomach got slashed though not fatal. Yomidra retreats.
- Suwa warns Reiji in the other pack that there's one which is "eager to fight". Reiji seems to be having the same problem.

Right pack:
- A yomidra charges at Karasuma, but blocked by Futaba.
- It seems that the Yomidra is circling away to the back of the formation. (without pics I can't be sure though)
- Suwa finds that one hard to hit. It's as if fighting a skilled "person", says Tsutsumi.

Galopoula's ship:
- Yomi tells Reggie that the enemy formations are broken. Aim well.
- Reggie tells him that if the enemy's formations are broken, the battle will be theirs. In his radar, the Idras are pushing back Border.

Right pack:
- Kako offers to fight the Yomidra that broke away. But no can do, if she gets out of the pack, the main firepower battle will be lost, says Arashiyama.
- Futaba will go instead. Kitora too, she is better off fighting melee battle (due to her trion deficit).

Left pack:
- Suwa orders Hisato to stop the fast one. Ninomiya tells Tsuji to support Sasamori.
- Sasamori thanks Tsuji for the support and tells him that they should be careful as not to allow any to reach the snipers place. Even if Arafine will be fine, but he has to focus on the shooting match.
- Tsuji is surprised at how calm Hisato-kun is, looking at the whole picture.

Right pack:
- Futaba tells Kitora that she'll finish this in 30 secs. Don't drag her down.
- Don't worry, I'll support you properly, says Kitora.
- Futaba uses Idaten and cuts a wound on the Yomidra's left hand. Yomidra tries to counter but its movement is being stopped by Kitora's spider.
- Kitora observes that this one's power is lower than the previous one (as in the rabbit). She'll stop the legs first.
- The poor Yomidra can't move at all. It cuts the wires with some blade, but at that time Futama cuts its head while Kitora shoots its stomach.
- One dead Yomidra

HQ:
- Netsuki praises the 2 attackers.
- But not yet, Amou spots a new "fast one"
- Shinoda promptly announces that a new Ace type appears. It'll be marked in the radar. Kitora and Kuroe are to face it.

Galopoula:
- Yomi is unhappy that the new Yomidra has been spotted. How come? He can't do his work with the "Wire/gun one" and the "lightning slash one" around

HQ:
- Shinoda tries to analyze why the enemy doesn't use all the ace type at once, bur rather only 2 at once. Kinuta pitches in that perhaps there are "only 2 triggers that can strengthen the trion soldiers" or "there are 2 people controlling the trion soldiers"
- In that case, Amou says that it's unlikely that 2 soldiers have the same color, so it must be that one person is controlling 2 soldiers.

Galopoula:
- Yomi thinks that the enemy speed is impossible with trion bodies. It's impossible for someone to have mind fast enough to control such movements. Perhaps the enemy sets the trajectory prior to moving. In that case...
- Futaba sets Idaten, but at the same time, Yomidra pops up blades from its shoulders. Futaba is taken by surprise and gets many cuts.
- ... In that case, Yomi just needs to place blades in the enemy's path.
- Yomi - Side effect: Perfect Parallel Processing

HQ:
- Sawamura reports that Kuroe is heavily damaged, though she's not incapacitated.
- Kinuta laments that Border's triggers have been countered (oh, will this make Kinuta research more triggers?). Like Ninomiya says, if 1 person is down, the situation will decline rapidly.
- Netsuki suggests that Shinoda General Manager sorties.
- No need to panic, says Shinoda. Based on his observation, Border is losing in numbers but not in formation depth. There's no need for him to move. Just leave it to the agents on the field.

And the best part of the chapter... Even with the data book coming, no indication of break still!! I hope I don't jinx it.

Comments:
- I think Idaten is basically using teleport trigger for super short hops.
- Yomi is super operator!!! From the start I thought that him controlling 2 soldiers are nuts. As it turns out, it's a side effect!!
- Tsuji is indicating that Sasamori has grown. He's on first name basis with Sasamori, meaning that Tsuji knows Sasamori really well, especially how hot-headed Sasamori used to be to the point that Kazama told him to charge by himself and die during the invasion.
- Shinoda is showing massive confidence in his kids. But on the other hand, seeing that not only Kuruma, but Sasamori also grew in the past invasion, there's a lot of benefit Border can reap by letting the kids grow and not coddling them.
- Meanwhile, Reggie's controlled dogs are lurking somewhere. What is he planning? I can't wait!!
p-kunJan 28, 2016 6:18 AM
Jan 28, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
This is the first time we are seeing a neighbor with a side effect. I've been curious if their brains were effected by trion the same way for a while now. And could this be the point where Kitora gets her Kouhai to respect her?
Jan 28, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2015
So glad to see more Suwa Squad goodness! Thanks for the early translations!
Jan 28, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
Thanks p-kun, great chap, you are a godsend...
Jan 28, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
Nice, so after the inside battle we get more scenes about the outside battle. Looks like Reggie and Yomi can be a problematic pair for our Border forces with teh idras and dogs. Wonder how Keskero is doing so far alone against Miwa and Yoneya.

Raws out: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4329206827
James_RyeJan 29, 2016 4:17 AM
Jan 29, 2016 4:43 AM
Sep 2015
Dues-aj said:
This is the first time we are seeing a neighbor with a side effect.
well, yuma has a side effect though it was originally his dad's, but still.
that's a lot of fights...and still no rank wars sneak peak. i wonder how ashihara-sensei will insert the rank wars or will he give us a sneak peak of it during this arc.
thanks for the trans.
Jan 29, 2016 4:45 AM

Mar 2014
derpKun said:
Dues-aj said:
This is the first time we are seeing a neighbor with a side effect.
that's a lot of fights...and still no rank wars sneak peak. i wonder how ashihara-sensei will insert the rank wars or will he give us a sneak peak of it during this arc.
thanks for the trans.

I think the Rank Wars is still a few minutes off from starting.
Jan 29, 2016 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
Dues-aj said:
derpKun said:
thanks for the trans.

I think the Rank Wars is still a few minutes off from starting.

Yeah... it was said in the beginning of the invasion that the match would start in half hour... how many time has passed since there? 10/15 min?
Jan 29, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
A NEIGHBOUR WITH A SIDE EFFECT!!!!! I still really wonder how/if it could possibly the first one we see but how well, better late than never. That little Yomi is awesome btw. He is in a position that can take the most out of his side effect I totally respect that.
Jan 29, 2016 8:41 AM
Feb 2015
At the same time, it's a waste of Yomi's massive trion though. I think shooter type triggers (including Hyuse's trigger) would be awesome with a user with great parallel processing. Also, his eyes are weird. Black tear ducts?

I notice that Tsuji's left group is basically all males. Aw, they are being considerate of him... or more like they are being careful not to turn him into dead weight. LOL
Jan 29, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
At the same time, it's a waste of Yomi's massive trion though. I think shooter type triggers (including Hyuse's trigger) would be awesome with a user with great parallel processing. Also, his eyes are weird. Black tear ducts?

I notice that Tsuji's left group is basically all males. Aw, they are being considerate of him... or more like they are being careful not to turn him into dead weight. LOL

Well we don't know how much trion it takes to run manual mode so his spot might still be pretty good. Especially since any trion soldier can gain considerable skill just like that with him taking over.
Jan 29, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
p-kun said:

You make a good point but no matter how much trion he has he still would be at only one place. Now, he can be at two places at the same time AND he is basically immortal as long as he has Idras around!
Jan 29, 2016 11:25 AM
Jan 2012
Jan 29, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
Futaba is kind of cool but she's also a real bitch. How dare she treat my girl Kitora like that. Like Kitora could possibly be anything but useful?! How can she be this condescending?!? For starters, Kitora is her elder, a fellow A-rank AND the ace of a team that is actually ranked HIGHER than Kako squad. Kitora is far from a "nice" person herself but she would NEVER behave that way with a fellow A-rank. I don't want to be rooting for the enemy but I'm glad she got slapped down so quickly but Yomi. Serves her right because so far (I know we haven't seen much) she's just one trick pony. She can sit back and Kitora will show her how it's done.

All ranting aside, I do hope we get some kind of explanation/back story to justify that attitude. I could understand the cold shoulder she gave Kitora in the earlier chapter because I can see how they could feel in competition with one another. But "Don't drag me down" is just rude and out of line.

I didn't think much of Kako's complaining and open criticism of Ninomiya because that have a history and she seems like someone who doesn't take it too seriously. But maybe that attitude of hers is what influence Kuroe to act like that and that is NOT okay. Because of her age and position, Kako should be an influence of cooperation and positivism. Then again the super team of Azuma, Nino, Kako and Miwa is the only team we know of (so far) who completely split apart. Judging on their stong personalities, maybe it wasn't a completely amicable split...
Jan 29, 2016 11:59 AM
Jan 2012
LuzNight said:
Futaba is kind of cool but she's also a real bitch. How dare she treat my girl Kitora like that. Like Kitora could possibly be anything but useful?! How can she be this condescending?!? For starters, Kitora is her elder, a fellow A-rank AND the ace of a team that is actually ranked HIGHER than Kako squad. Kitora is far from a "nice" person herself but she would NEVER behave that way with a fellow A-rank. I don't want to be rooting for the enemy but I'm glad she got slapped down so quickly but Yomi. Serves her right because so far (I know we haven't seen much) she's just one trick pony. She can sit back and Kitora will show her how it's done.

All ranting aside, I do hope we get some kind of explanation/back story to justify that attitude. I could understand the cold shoulder she gave Kitora in the earlier chapter because I can see how they could feel in competition with one another. But "Don't drag me down" is just rude and out of line.

I didn't think much of Kako's complaining and open criticism of Ninomiya because that have a history and she seems like someone who doesn't take it too seriously. But maybe that attitude of hers is what influence Kuroe to act like that and that is NOT okay. Because of her age and position, Kako should be an influence of cooperation and positivism. Then again the super team of Azuma, Nino, Kako and Miwa is the only team we know of (so far) who completely split apart. Judging on their stong personalities, maybe it wasn't a completely amicable split...

And how did you react when Kitora acted the same way for 50 chapters?
Jan 29, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Ero-sommelier said:

It's not the same at all. She is acting like that with Mikumo who is actually very likely to drag her down since he is AT BEST middle B-rank. Like I said she would never act like that with a fellow A-rank (or even anyone older than her I think). Futaba has no reason to say that to Kitora who again his part of a team ranked higher and is older than her.

It just seems very petty and childish. People talk a lot about Kitora being a prodigy and all and Futaba probably feels jealous because she is also very young and A-rank but people talk less about her.
Jan 29, 2016 1:05 PM
Jan 2012
LuzNight said:
Ero-sommelier said:

It's not the same at all. She is acting like that with Mikumo who is actually very likely to drag her down since he is AT BEST middle B-rank. Like I said she would never act like that with a fellow A-rank (or even anyone older than her I think). Futaba has no reason to say that to Kitora who again his part of a team ranked higher and is older than her.

It just seems very petty and childish. People talk a lot about Kitora being a prodigy and all and Futaba probably feels jealous because she is also very young and A-rank but people talk less about her.

So your point is that you can be an ass as long as the one on the receiving end is supposedly less skilled than you? And you have no excuses for the other shit Kitora has done to Mikumo so far. Unless you're using the same argument? "Because I'm superior to you I can treat you like shit". Also, if you want to compare, use solo ranks, otherwise I could argue that Yuiga could do the same thing to your precious Kitora. Wonder how you would react to that. And "Futaba = real bitch", biased much? Then again, it was my mistake to expect any objectivity, you're all for Kitora so everything she does is good and justified in your eyes.
Jan 29, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
I just assume Kuroe dislikes Kitora because of her "better than you" demeanor.
Jan 29, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
The high speed slash from Futaba was cool, Yuma should learn that.

The border side effects are making the real difference, without either Jin or Amou, Galou would have a way easier time.
Jan 29, 2016 3:16 PM

Dec 2015
Ero-sommelier said:
LuzNight said:

So your point is that you can be an ass as long as the one on the receiving end is supposedly less skilled than you? And you have no excuses for the other shit Kitora has done to Mikumo so far. Unless you're using the same argument? "Because I'm superior to you I can treat you like shit". Also, if you want to compare, use solo ranks, otherwise I could argue that Yuiga could do the same thing to your precious Kitora. Wonder how you would react to that. And "Futaba = real bitch", biased much? Then again, it was my mistake to expect any objectivity, you're all for Kitora so everything she does is good and justified in your eyes.

First of all, I will have you know I can like a character AND be completely objective at the same time.

My argument is obviously not that you CAN treat people like shit if you are superior, my argument is that if you ARE superior and you tell a considerably weaker person "Don't drag me down" than it is justified and thus NOT treating people like shit. We are in a war context here so dragging down a strong agent is a legitimate concern because in theory lives can saved in a matter of seconds or not if the agent is dragged down. No double standards here, just logic and objectivity.

As for your comparison with Yuiga that's laughable. You accuse me of not being objectives and you throw an argument that hangs on a technicality. Everybody knows the circumstances of Yuiga's rank and even his teammate will gladly tell you he is undeserving of it,which far from the case with Kitora. But to use your argument in a proper way: Yes it would be okay-ish for Miwa or even Midorikawa to tell her something like that. However I do maintain that Kitora wouldn't act like with ANY A-rank (as proved by how she gracefully responds to Futaba).

Finally, I would GLADLY compare them on solo points because I do agree they would be more appropriate. But guess what? If I didn't its because we don't have them. And even if we did, I don't really know how useful they could be for 2 reasons. 1: Kitora is an all-rounder and Futaba an attacker. 2: It is canon that Arashiyama squad have less time for rank wars and evrything than any other A-rank squad because of their public related jobs.

I don't throw mindless temper tantrums when my favorite characters are disrespected, thank you very much. I make pointed, objective observations. So if you still have questions about my argumentation than by all means go ahead and post them.
Jan 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2014
Dues-aj said:

I think it might because of a boy. Kuroe is getting in that kinda age ya know. :P

ichii_1 said:

The border side effects are making the real difference, without either Jin or Amou, Galou would have a way easier time.

Yuuma won't learn it because he got grasshopper. While that is more visible than idaten and lesser in speed it has far more control than Kuroe's Idaten as shown by Yomi's sword interception.

Yeah, side effects are rare but that just makes them all the more worth so. Border just seem to have a lot but if you consider that they have like 300 agents and we saw so far like 12 neighbor soldiers then it makes sense that side effects comes like 1 in 10/12/more even amongst really strong figthers or soldiers with large trion amount.

As for Kuroe, I think she isn't acting like a bitch but like a child. She is only 13 after all. For whatever reason she acts coldly towards Kitora and ignores her outside of battle as good as she can. Dunno why but I guess we might find out sooner or later as it seems Kitora will have her own little "how do I make my cute Kouhai love/respect me?" mission going on in Ashihara's mind. XD
Jan 29, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
ichii_1 said:

Definitely true about Amou and Jin. So much so that Hyrein already guessed that someone was pulling the strings. He didn't share that with Galo though, the jerk.

As for Yuma learning Idaten... The technique is definitely really cool. I wonder if it is a kogetsu sub-trigger (like senku) or an optional trigger like grasshopper. Personally, I think Yuma is better of perfecting is grasshopper skills for speed attacks rather learning Idaten. Because of Idaten flaw we saw in this chapter but also because grasshopper his very similar to a function of his own black trigger.
Jan 29, 2016 4:52 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:

There's fan theory running that Kuroe hates Kitora and only Kitora because she rejected Kako to be with Arashiyama's team (to replace Karasuma, who used to be there - again fan theory) or that she moved from Kako's team to Arashiyama's team. Kitora seems to be the type that Kako likes, a K-er, short, talented. It won't be weird if she was scouted / was a team member.
Jan 29, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

There's fan theory running that Kuroe hates Kitora and only Kitora because she rejected Kako to be with Arashiyama's team (to replace Karasuma, who used to be there - again fan theory) or that she moved from Kako's team to Arashiyama's team. Kitora seems to be the type that Kako likes, a K-er, short, talented. It won't be weird if she was scouted / was a team member.

Yes I also thought it might be something like that... If she just turned Kako down it seems like a bit of overreaction on Futaba's side but if she actually switched sides than some resentment is more understandable. If she was part of Kako's team it's weird we didn't hear about it yet. Then again, I suppose changing teams is an awkward subject for everyone.
Jan 29, 2016 5:20 PM
Feb 2015
LuzNight said:
If she just turned Kako down it seems like a bit of overreaction on Futaba's side

Unless they were close before during their trainee days and promised to team up. Speculations.
Jan 29, 2016 5:43 PM
Jan 2012
LuzNight said:

First of all, I will have you know I can like a character AND be completely objective at the same time.

My argument is obviously not that you CAN treat people like shit if you are superior, my argument is that if you ARE superior and you tell a considerably weaker person "Don't drag me down" than it is justified and thus NOT treating people like shit. We are in a war context here so dragging down a strong agent is a legitimate concern because in theory lives can saved in a matter of seconds or not if the agent is dragged down. No double standards here, just logic and objectivity.

As for your comparison with Yuiga that's laughable. You accuse me of not being objectives and you throw an argument that hangs on a technicality. Everybody knows the circumstances of Yuiga's rank and even his teammate will gladly tell you he is undeserving of it,which far from the case with Kitora. But to use your argument in a proper way: Yes it would be okay-ish for Miwa or even Midorikawa to tell her something like that. However I do maintain that Kitora wouldn't act like with ANY A-rank (as proved by how she gracefully responds to Futaba).

Finally, I would GLADLY compare them on solo points because I do agree they would be more appropriate. But guess what? If I didn't its because we don't have them. And even if we did, I don't really know how useful they could be for 2 reasons. 1: Kitora is an all-rounder and Futaba an attacker. 2: It is canon that Arashiyama squad have less time for rank wars and evrything than any other A-rank squad because of their public related jobs.

I don't throw mindless temper tantrums when my favorite characters are disrespected, thank you very much. I make pointed, objective observations. So if you still have questions about my argumentation than by all means go ahead and post them.

"Futaba is kind of cool but she's also a real bitch. How dare she treat my girl Kitora like that. Like Kitora could possibly be anything but useful?! How can she be this condescending?!?"
"I don't want to be rooting for the enemy but I'm glad she got slapped down so quickly but Yomi. Serves her right because so far (I know we haven't seen much) she's just one trick pony. She can sit back and Kitora will show her how it's done."

Yeah that's not a mindless temper tantrum.

And as I said, I'm not only talking about that time of the neighbour invasion, in which btw Mikumo didn't drag her down at all. I'm talking about Kitora's overall attitude which comes out in most of her appearances. Chapters 6, 7, 34, 37, some bits of chapters 90 and 92, and I could even add how she acted towards Izumi after Arashiyama unit beat him and Miwa. Of course, that wasn't "Don't drag me down"-level, I'll grant you, but that proves that she doesn't mind getting cheeky with other A-ranks. All this was done in a context that wasn't in the midst of battle, yet she acts that way.

But let's address the "don't drag me down" issue. Your position when someone says that is: "if they're stronger, that's TOTALLY JUSTIFIED", and "if they're of same level, the one who says it is a REAL BITCH", despite, as you said, the fact that it is a legitimate concern. You call that being objective?

Yes Kuroe got arrogant, yes she pretty much had that Yomi's counter coming to her. Even then I wouldn't call her a bitch and make stuff up about her being jealous of Kitora, of whom we already have seen a lot of arrogance and jealousy. If anything it's more likely that Kitora hurt Kuroe somehow, even if she didn't mean it, but until further information i'll hold off on suppositions. Anyway, If you called Kuroe a bitch for that much, Kitora could have been called a bitch too quite a few times already.

As for Yuiga, you're right, but that was my point: don't use ranks to justify some borderline behavior. If anything, use individual prowess, though that won't make everything fine and justified.
Ero-sommelierJan 29, 2016 5:59 PM
Jan 29, 2016 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
Ero-sommelier said:

"Futaba is kind of cool but she's also a real bitch. How dare she treat my girl Kitora like that. Like Kitora could possibly be anything but useful?! How can she be this condescending?!?"
"I don't want to be rooting for the enemy but I'm glad she got slapped down so quickly but Yomi. Serves her right because so far (I know we haven't seen much) she's just one trick pony. She can sit back and Kitora will show her how it's done."

And as I said, I'm not only talking about that time of the neighbour invasion, in which btw Mikumo didn't drag her down at all. I'm talking about Kitora's overall attitude which comes out in most of her appearances. Chapters 6, 7, 34, 37, some bits of chapters 90 and 92, and I could even add how she acted towards Izumi after Arashiyama unit beat him and Miwa. Of course, that wasn't "Don't drag me down"-level, I'll grant you, but that proves that she doesn't mind getting cheeky with other A-ranks. All this was done in a context that wasn't in the midst of battle, yet she acts that way.

But let's address the "don't drag me down" issue. Your position when someone says that is: "if they're stronger, that's TOTALLY JUSTIFIED", and "if they're of same level, the one who says it is a REAL BITCH", despite, as you said, the fact that it is a legitimate concern. You call that being objective?

Yes Kuroe got arrogant, yes she pretty much had that Yomi's counter coming to her. Even then I wouldn't call her a bitch and make stuff up about her being jealous of Kitora, of whom we already have seen a lot of arrogance and jealousy. If anything it's more likely that Kitora hurt Kuroe somehow, even if she didn't mean it, but until further information i'll hold off on suppositions. Anyway, If you called Kuroe a bitch for that much, Kitora could have been called a bitch too quite a few times already.

As for Yuiga, you're right, but that was my point: don't use ranks to justify some borderline behavior. If anything, use individual prowess, though that won't make everything fine and justified.

Hahaha thanks for making me read those chapters again, the first ones are hilarious. But as I thought I didn't forget anything. I think you misunderstand why I called Futaba a bitch. Being jealous or competitive or not liking someone doesn't make you a bitch. Not wanting to play nice doesn't make you a bitch either. It's in how you deal with it. Kitora (who is all those things above) chooses to deal with it by using rules, facts and statistics to "express" her dislike toward Mikumo. You could say she hides behind those tools but the fact remains that she says is either completely true or justified by facts. Futaba is a bitch because she doesn't have the decency to do that. She just blurts out mean and baseless things. In what world would Kitora be a hindrance?! Kitora doesn't do that. The proof is even in the chapters you named. Kitora suspected Mikumo of lying or hiding something about how took out the Marmod since chapter 7 but she NEVER said anything until she saw Kuga at the entrance exam and had the proof she was looking for. Accusing him of lying without proof would have been disrespectful and Kitora is a lot of thing but not disrespectful and THAT is the difference between her and Futaba. No matter how hard ass or law abiding or pretentious or annoying or whatever she is, Kitora isn't disrespectful. I won't deny she flirts with a thin line but she never crosses it and that's why I like her. Now that I've explained my point of you I hope you finally understand or at least you will be able to look at my arguments with a new light as I explain them to you again because you've given the same counter-arguments -__-

Your point about Yuiga isn't one. I never said that rank justified behavior. I said rank infer skill (which in Yuiga's case, isn't the case so that is an OBVIOUS EXCEPTION). I didn't say either that skill justified behavior but since SKILL was implied in Futaba's comment it is relevant here. As it was when Kitora said it to Osamu. It is isn't okay in that case so much because Kitora is stronger but rather because Osamu is weak. It is clear he couldn't have taken on a rabbit and that's why she ordered him away. Justified.

As for my initial comment. YES it is a temper tantrum. It was the POINT because it is a silly and funny subject. I wasn't saying it wasn't, I was saying it wasn't MINDLESS. I have arguments and logic behind my accusation no matter how flamboyant they are.
Jan 30, 2016 3:13 AM

Dec 2015
Arashiyama Squad always seems to be at the center of the universe. Even supposing that Kitora turned down Kako, it also looks like Karasuma was once part of the group as well. I wonder if Kitora replaced him?
Jan 30, 2016 5:40 AM
Sep 2015
Kako bullets in form of bubble, huh? I guess she do anything to piss off Nino.
Jan 30, 2016 7:04 AM
Jan 2012
LuzNight said:
Ero-sommelier said:

Hahaha thanks for making me read those chapters again, the first ones are hilarious. But as I thought I didn't forget anything. I think you misunderstand why I called Futaba a bitch. Being jealous or competitive or not liking someone doesn't make you a bitch. Not wanting to play nice doesn't make you a bitch either. It's in how you deal with it. Kitora (who is all those things above) chooses to deal with it by using rules, facts and statistics to "express" her dislike toward Mikumo. You could say she hides behind those tools but the fact remains that she says is either completely true or justified by facts. Futaba is a bitch because she doesn't have the decency to do that. She just blurts out mean and baseless things. In what world would Kitora be a hindrance?! Kitora doesn't do that. The proof is even in the chapters you named. Kitora suspected Mikumo of lying or hiding something about how took out the Marmod since chapter 7 but she NEVER said anything until she saw Kuga at the entrance exam and had the proof she was looking for. Accusing him of lying without proof would have been disrespectful and Kitora is a lot of thing but not disrespectful and THAT is the difference between her and Futaba. No matter how hard ass or law abiding or pretentious or annoying or whatever she is, Kitora isn't disrespectful. I won't deny she flirts with a thin line but she never crosses it and that's why I like her. Now that I've explained my point of you I hope you finally understand or at least you will be able to look at my arguments with a new light as I explain them to you again because you've given the same counter-arguments -__-

Your point about Yuiga isn't one. I never said that rank justified behavior. I said rank infer skill (which in Yuiga's case, isn't the case so that is an OBVIOUS EXCEPTION). I didn't say either that skill justified behavior but since SKILL was implied in Futaba's comment it is relevant here. As it was when Kitora said it to Osamu. It is isn't okay in that case so much because Kitora is stronger but rather because Osamu is weak. It is clear he couldn't have taken on a rabbit and that's why she ordered him away. Justified.

As for my initial comment. YES it is a temper tantrum. It was the POINT because it is a silly and funny subject. I wasn't saying it wasn't, I was saying it wasn't MINDLESS. I have arguments and logic behind my accusation no matter how flamboyant they are.

Belittling someone and taking pleasure in it is being respectful to you? Jumping on every occasion to put someone down just because she can, especially on someone who cooperates and accepts the blame for his mistakes, that's pretty much harassment, driven by a superiority complex. Was that the part you found hilarious? I'll agree that she doesn't go out of her way to do that, it's not like she goes "out of my way, you measly B-rank" when coming across one in a corridor, but she doesn't miss one chance to be arrogant.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that you go from "totally justified" to "real bitch" with the only reason being a decent difference of skill. You don't have any middle ground here. So either you're a manichean kind of guy, or there is another reason why you have such a big gap between the 2. Hence bias.

I'll even answer your "in what world would Kitora be a hindrance?". First of all, all your reasoning stands on a couple of pages with no background whatsoever. Did you even consider that in the past Kitora, when she was weaker, might have screwed up at some point and that had repercussions on Kuroe? That would explain why's Kuroe's cold, why Kitora tries to mend things up, why she has so much of a superiority complex now that she's not weak anymore, and why Kuroe asks her not to drag her down this time. In that world, which is far from unlikely, Kitora could be a hindrance. In fact, given what Tokieda has said, it's likely she was as much of a hindrance as Mikumo before. But no, you make a definite statement on Kuroe, based on what, 6 words from her? and claim she's a real bitch, which in no world is a small insult.
Jan 30, 2016 8:32 AM
Jan 2012
Assuming that the anime should end at episode 100 and the principal goal of Tamakoma-2 in it is to get to A-rank. Don't you think Tamakoma-2 *must* be A-rank at the end of this arc? This way the anime won't end with a filler end.
Knowing the meticulous planning done by Ashihara-sensei and assuming that Tamakoma-2 will not be able to get to A-rank solely by means of Rank Wars, I think something big will happen at the end of this arc, like Tamakoma-2 defeating or stopping the invaders someway that I can't even imagine and getting reward points.
Jan 30, 2016 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
JCNSilva said:
Assuming that the anime should end at episode 100 and the principal goal of Tamakoma-2 in it is to get to A-rank. Don't you think Tamakoma-2 *must* be A-rank at the end of this arc? This way the anime won't end with a filler end.
Knowing the meticulous planning done by Ashihara-sensei and assuming that Tamakoma-2 will not be able to get to A-rank solely by means of Rank Wars, I think something big will happen at the end of this arc, like Tamakoma-2 defeating or stopping the invaders someway that I can't even imagine and getting reward points.

It would make more sense for Hyuse to get his reasoning to join up with them. If they have Hyuse they can supposedly make A-Rank.
Jan 30, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2015
Ero-sommelier said:

Belittling someone and taking pleasure in it is being respectful to you? Jumping on every occasion to put someone down just because she can, especially on someone who cooperates and accepts the blame for his mistakes, that's pretty much harassment, driven by a superiority complex. Was that the part you found hilarious? I'll agree that she doesn't go out of her way to do that, it's not like she goes "out of my way, you measly B-rank" when coming across one in a corridor, but she doesn't miss one chance to be arrogant.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that you go from "totally justified" to "real bitch" with the only reason being a decent difference of skill. You don't have any middle ground here. So either you're a manichean kind of guy, or there is another reason why you have such a big gap between the 2. Hence bias.

I'll even answer your "in what world would Kitora be a hindrance?". First of all, all your reasoning stands on a couple of pages with no background whatsoever. Did you even consider that in the past Kitora, when she was weaker, might have screwed up at some point and that had repercussions on Kuroe? That would explain why's Kuroe's cold, why Kitora tries to mend things up, why she has so much of a superiority complex now that she's not weak anymore, and why Kuroe asks her not to drag her down this time. In that world, which is far from unlikely, Kitora could be a hindrance. In fact, given what Tokieda has said, it's likely she was as much of a hindrance as Mikumo before. But no, you make a definite statement on Kuroe, based on what, 6 words from her? and claim she's a real bitch, which in no world is a small insult.

I don't know what manga you've been reading but Kitora has been a talented prodigy from as far as the entrance exam. She got in with 3600 point bonus. She was NEVER weak. I find funny that you would imagine all that ridiculous story when you reproached me to presume on Kitora and Futaba's circumstances.

As for belittling Mikumo, she is not. She is putting him in his place and there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between the two and that is also where is the difference between Kitora and Futaba. But I've already explained what differentiate the two behavior MULTIPLE TIMES. You ignore my arguments and simply reiterate the same things again and again. I've said my piece and I firmly stand by it. I'm done with the subject.

Good Day
Jan 30, 2016 8:14 PM

Dec 2015
Hahaha is that a trion cane in Koskero's hand? Loll I guess that's how he is going to deal with his missing leg. Not very badass but I guess it will do. His jelly thing looks pretty cool though! I wonder if the jelly can stop Miwa's lead bullets? Koskero still looks pretty calm, too calm. That fight isn't messy enough so I think that this is where Hyuse, Yotaro and Jin will pop up. That will bring chaos for sure! Plus it would make some sense too. Because of his rank, Koskero could make some decisions (kill or not to kill or whatever) concerning Hyuse on his own. Also, we all know how Miwa feels about neighbour so that could be some oil on the fire of that potential situation!! Can't wait to see what happens next :)
Jan 30, 2016 8:26 PM

Mar 2014
LuzNight said:
Hahaha is that a trion cane in Koskero's hand? Loll I guess that's how he is going to deal with his missing leg. Not very badass but I guess it will do. His jelly thing looks pretty cool though! I wonder if the jelly can stop Miwa's lead bullets? Koskero still looks pretty calm, too calm. That fight isn't messy enough so I think that this is where Hyuse, Yotaro and Jin will pop up. That will bring chaos for sure! Plus it would make some sense too. Because of his rank, Koskero could make some decisions (kill or not to kill or whatever) concerning Hyuse on his own. Also, we all know how Miwa feels about neighbour so that could be some oil on the fire of that potential situation!! Can't wait to see what happens next :)

I think Hyuse is going to encounter Reghi since he hasn't been paired up with anyone yet.
Jan 30, 2016 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
Dues-aj said:

I think Hyuse is going to encounter Reghi since he hasn't been paired up with anyone yet.

Could also be possible. It's just that out of all the Galo people he seems like the less assertive and experienced. If Hyuse showed up, I don't know how he would react. Then again it might be interesting for that same reason.
Jan 31, 2016 1:06 AM
Oct 2015
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

That's an interesting theory, and I kind of like it. It even shows to be a little more plausible with this chapter. Although it can be attributed to kitora's skill or flexibility, she works quite well with Kuroe when they are attacking the trion soldier. Kako, hunting down all the "K"s though, thats a bit creepy...

dat_le_tat said:

Maybe that's why they're always clashing? Kako is just minding her own business, all bubbly and whatnot. Then along comes Ninomiya with his edgy attitude/sharp looks, he pops all the happy thoughts.
Jan 31, 2016 1:56 AM
Feb 2015
deadmanwalking13 said:

dat_le_tat said:

Maybe that's why they're always clashing? Kako is just minding her own business, all bubbly and whatnot. Then along comes Ninomiya with his edgy attitude/sharp looks, he pops all the happy thoughts.

It's just Kako being Kako. It's probably clearer in Japanese language but she's doing that she enjoys teasing him/ pissing him off. Case to point, it seems that viz translates that Kako doesn't like Ninomiya leading in ch 127. While in Japanese, she says she does not object Ninomiya leading, but it's not fun/interesting.

My conspiracy theory is that the "K" clan is in eternal rivalry with the " Masa" clan. "K" clan is winning in quantity, but the "Masa" clan has the quality (it has no weak member so far, even the weakest member is broken and is a captain of his team). Not to mention, the "Masa" clan has no small and endearing member since they are all tall. This is why Kako can't stand being ruled by a "Masa" member but having (Suwa) Kotarou, a member of "K" clan, rules over is ok, :P.
p-kunJan 31, 2016 2:27 AM
Jan 31, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
JCNSilva said:

Even if (and that is a big IF) they somehow ended up with reward points, wouldn't change anything. Reward points are solo points, not team points. The most points awarded last time was 1500 points. Yuma has around 5000 points right now so even with a bonus 1500 he wouldn't be over the 8000 points (roughly the amount of A-rank skill). Osamu and Chika have even less points than that. And even if by some miracle they did end up with over 8000 points, it still means nothing. Ninomiya squad all have over 8000 points and they are still B-rank.

You need to go through rank wars, its the only way.
Feb 1, 2016 3:54 AM
Jan 2012
LuzNight said:
JCNSilva said:

Even if (and that is a big IF) they somehow ended up with reward points, wouldn't change anything. Reward points are solo points, not team points. The most points awarded last time was 1500 points. Yuma has around 5000 points right now so even with a bonus 1500 he wouldn't be over the 8000 points (roughly the amount of A-rank skill). Osamu and Chika have even less points than that. And even if by some miracle they did end up with over 8000 points, it still means nothing. Ninomiya squad all have over 8000 points and they are still B-rank.

Oh, I see. So, Tamakoma-2's situation really doesn't look good
Feb 1, 2016 6:05 AM
Oct 2015
Good chapter. Thanks p-kun.

LuzNight said:
JCNSilva said:

I think than there is two different things. One thing are solo points, and other thing are the level of the teams.
Normally the strongest teams have the strongest members, but not always because the chemical between the members and their tactic levels is as important as their solo points.
So, I think than T-2 have a good opportunity if they work in their job team and Osamu becomes a good tactician (He is well considered by Kazama). And this is the reason because Minomiya Unit are B - rank team, although this team have very good members (Minomiya is number 2 in overall list) they are not effective enough.

In other way, Yuma's solo points don't describe his real skill. Maybe he has only 5k points, but he can defeat well 9k points members (like Midorikawa) and he can't defeat Murakami (12k). So I think than his real valoration is 10k or 11k points (And he is a rookie with Border triggers)

Sorry for my english
Feb 1, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
OneCommentary said:
Good chapter. Thanks p-kun.

LuzNight said:

I think than there is two different things. One thing are solo points, and other thing are the level of the teams.
Normally the strongest teams have the strongest members, but not always because the chemical between the members and their tactic levels is as important as their solo points.
So, I think than T-2 have a good opportunity if they work in their job team and Osamu becomes a good tactician (He is well considered by Kazama). And this is the reason because Minomiya Unit are B - rank team, although this team have very good members (Minomiya is number 2 in overall list) they are not effective enough.

In other way, Yuma's solo points don't describe his real skill. Maybe he has only 5k points, but he can defeat well 9k points members (like Midorikawa) and he can't defeat Murakami (12k). So I think than his real valoration is 10k or 11k points (And he is a rookie with Border triggers)

Sorry for my english

I didn't mean to presume on anyone abilities when I talked about solo points. I agree that Yuma's points don't reflect his abilities. I just wanted to demonstrate how relative strength doesn't matter and only rank wars did.

As for Ninomiya's team, you are mistaken. The reason they are B-rank is not because their teamwork isn't worthy of it, it's because of the Hatohara scandal. And Kageura team were also demoted for other reasons than their skills. We can easily say that both team are very well A-rank level teams if we consider their skill (individual AND as a team). The reasons they are not are simply political.

As for Tamakoma-2 making it to A-rank, I've already discussed it in the past so I wan't ramble again. In short, it is going to be a close call but it is still possible for them to make it with the regular process of the rank wars. They will need to dominate a few match at least but with their new triggers and skills and possibly Hyuse, it is not impossible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 242 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

2 by LeviathanTheEsp »»
May 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 241 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

0 by anime-prime »»
May 1, 8:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.