Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2016 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
This game was release (Finally) in the NA and its is still the amazing game i ever play. I really recommend this game. not only that, its fits my favorite idea, OPPAI AND ACTION.
Jan 22, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
Indeed it is.

Hit lvl 45 on my KFM yesterday and hit gold in PVP. Feels good man.

I'm on Poharan with ign Hoopla if anyone wants to play with me.
Jan 22, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2016
I'm still not sold on the game. Does it really differ all that much compared to something like Aion and Final Fantasy?

How is the open world pvp? Is it chaotic out of the gates? Will I be able to find people to smash fresh out of the gates?
Jan 22, 2016 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
NightKraver said:
I'm still not sold on the game. Does it really differ all that much compared to something like Aion and Final Fantasy?

How is the open world pvp? Is it chaotic out of the gates? Will I be able to find people to smash fresh out of the gates?

PVE department wise it is the same as most MMORPGs out there... Your standard dungeons, dailies and such. However, there is this thing called Mushin Tower (which will be implemented in a future patch for NA, already out for other servers) that puts you in a 1v1 against 15 bosses (16 in KR now). Pretty much a test of skill and it will be really hard when it releases in NA for the first time.

PVP department is based on 1v1 and tag team (teams of 3). 1v1 Arena in particular is a huge deal. There is an elo system and rankings from Bronze (1300) -> Silver (1400) -> Gold (1600) -> Platinum (1800) -> Diamond (2100). The PVP of the game is also a big esport in Eastern Asia. However, PVP is not so balanced right now (but not too broken either) but once we get the 50 cap and HM skills, the game should be balanced.

As for open world PVP, there is a lot of fighting going on because there are ton of faction dailies that you have to do late game. To do these dailies you have to wear your faction outfit (You can only attack opposing faction members when you and the opponent are wearing outfits) and kill bosses in the enemy faction's area or PVP for completion. Faction open world PVP is huge in this game.

People mistaken Blade&Soul as a PVP focused game when it is actually not. PVE is huge and has way more content than PVP by far.
Jan 22, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
Oh, it actually sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Jan 22, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
NightKraver said:
Oh, it actually sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Btw, the game picks up more as you get to higher levels. And PVP is not balanced at all until you hit max level (skill points into CC and other escapes is huge in this game).
Jan 22, 2016 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
I hit level 45 in the betas but I don't think I'll hit 45 on my full-release character. I'm from Australia so my ping is around 250-400 always. Rarely anywhere below 290. Makes a huge difference in gameplay since the game is so combo-based. Right now I'm mostly waiting for Black Desert NA release as my main MMORPG. I'd probably be all over B&S but yeah, the ping is such an issue. Feelsbadman.

I'm playing on Mushin if anyone wants to add me, name is Desann.
Jan 23, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2015
I don't know i'm just too into the FFXIV, but maybe will give it a try
Jan 23, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2016
Soon about to hit 45 on my assassin, so far the game is great and i really like the combat.
Jan 23, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
How long does it take to hit the max level? Currently level 19 I think, playing as a Blade Master Jin. Feels like kung fu Tera and it doesn't feel like MMOs have changed at all after decades. Most these new games seem to have done compared to the last decade is the reduced number of objectives. Back in the day you had to kill 30 enemies and collect 30 drops, now it's around 10.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 23, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
ZetaZaku said:
How long does it take to hit the max level? Currently level 19 I think, playing as a Blade Master Jin. Feels like kung fu Tera and it doesn't feel like MMOs have changed at all after decades. Most these new games seem to have done compared to the last decade is the reduced number of objectives. Back in the day you had to kill 30 enemies and collect 30 drops, now it's around 10.

There is a power level guide out there that can get u to lvl 45 in 15 hours.

But if you take your time and do all the quests, should take around 5 days to a week unless you play only like 2 hours a day lol.
Jan 23, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2016
Remember the good old days where it took ya months to reach the max level? RIP
Jan 23, 2016 2:13 PM
Jun 2014
Will I ever get powers like the master?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 23, 2016 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
NightKraver said:
Yes I have fond memories of being stuck in Stranglethorn Vale for a whole month when I was 10
Jan 23, 2016 4:33 PM

Apr 2013
NightKraver said:
NightKraver said:

I remember the days in Maplestory Pre BB when it was impossible to reach lvl 200 (max lvl). Players that played the game for years didn't even hit max lmao.
Jan 24, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually getting pretty addicted to BnS.

I started off as a destroyer, but changed to a blade dancer and now I'm level 26. The combat is fun enough to never really get boring for me and surprisingly the grind isn't all that bad. The story has a lot of times where it gets super interesting, but then slows down; However, it's still pretty good and I do enjoy the cinematic and voice-acting.

Three things that are getting on my nerves right now is mainly the constant server issues (Fixable though), the loot auction system and the auction house limit. For a game that gives me limited inventory space, I feel like the auction house is an incredibly useful and great tool for me to earn money and open up space in my bags. It gets a bit irritating when my inventory is full and I have stuff to sell, but hit the limit of stuff I can sell in one day. I'm currently a premium member too so the increase # of AH sales still doesn't really cut it.

As for the loot auction system, talk about money talks. It's not longer about all fair rolls, but who spends the most money. I've actually used it to extort money from players too once I found out money is split among present party members. A dude wanted the last piece of his soul shield from the Narrows dungeon, pushed him to 4 silver and took it all. It's an asshole thing to do, but it just goes to show that the system needs to be either changed or fixed.

Great game still though and I'm really enjoying my time with it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 24, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2014
I have liked the looks of this game ever since MisterPopo's video.
I guess I don't really know how this game differs much from the others, but I guess hoopla123's comment helped me out there.
It'll be nice if I get to play this once ;)
Jan 26, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
I've been playing this for about a week now. It's pretty fun, and the graphics are beautiful. :P
I turn myself invisible.
Jan 26, 2016 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
Until I get to work out my own translation patch, I'm not touching this censored piece of shit.

Plus, waiting in queue is horrendous, who the hell wants to do that shit?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 26, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
I desperately want to switch over to the NA release, but I'm currently stayng at a place without my computer. Hit me up when I do.
Jan 26, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
Started only 2 days ago and been a bit busy so my lvl isn't that high but so far its been a great experience and I adore the style the game has!! Would love to play this in a party!
Jan 27, 2016 12:20 AM

Aug 2015
I am playing in Wild Springs server , feel free to add me , my name there is Revolt1021 , my character lvl is 17
Jan 27, 2016 12:35 AM

Feb 2014
NightKraver said:

PvE is run of the mill. The story isn't much.
Leveling/dungeons are also the same ol' same ol.

PvP is the main attraction, I believe, though I didn't have much fun playing it.

Granted, I played a level 30 swordsman on the Taiwan server...
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 27, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2012
yosimba2000 said:
PvP is the main attraction
You're on the wrong game. This is a PvE focused game.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 27, 2016 1:06 AM

Feb 2014
Immahnoob said:
yosimba2000 said:
PvP is the main attraction
You're on the wrong game. This is a PvE focused game.

Wow, seriously?

The grind was boring as hell, though.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 29, 2016 2:56 AM
Jun 2014
When do I fight jin seo yeon?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 29, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't get attracted to the game, I tried to get to the end game but this game really turned me down.
Jan 30, 2016 2:47 PM

Feb 2015
I want to play it, but my PC is too old :(
Jan 30, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
Have yet to find enough time to play to give a reasonable review, but I've been waiting for this game ever since the announcement a few years ago. Had a couple chances at playing in the beta and was not expecting much from it considering I'm familiar with MMORPGs.

For the most part, I'm just glad they were able to release it. Only wish that I had a custom PC to enjoy the graphics and gameplay.
there are many worlds, but they share the same sky — one sky, one destiny
Jan 30, 2016 3:39 PM

Nov 2015
I'm on EU server, feel free to add me : Maybeam
I play summoner and will hit lvl 45 soon, maybe.
Jan 30, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty much a crack addict to the game at this point.

Found an easy way to rack in free gold at max level. Probably gonna hit 300-400 gold before the next patch.
Jan 30, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
sapling said:
Immahnoob said:
Until I get to work out my own translation patch, I'm not touching this censored piece of shit.

Plus, waiting in queue is horrendous, who the hell wants to do that shit?

If you mean chat filter, you can turn it on and off. If not, fair enough *-*

Nah, he means they cut out some content like outfits and boob sliders for Lyns or something like that. I mean, its definitely shitty but i'm only playing it because friends of mine are playing it. I wouldn't have gone into it by myself. I'm probably not going to give them any money.

Anyone else on Jiwan?
Jan 30, 2016 11:02 PM
Mar 2015
anyone playing EU server?
Jan 31, 2016 2:46 AM

Sep 2007
The only real graphical changes in the western release is the changing of default lingerie to bra and underpants in character creation. If anything, the change shows off more skin. Absolutely zero impact on the game whatsoever.

The localization of the text though has been changed to be more PC and the story slightly more dumbed down.
Jan 31, 2016 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
Blade and soul is a 2012 game and we're in 2016 ,they are way too late and the game looks *horrible* to me as someone who has played more mmorpgs (and blade soul in 2013/4 when it was more at its prime)

it looks so outdated and bad, its still a tab targeting game and not to mention the massive failure that there is with its launch and publishing and everything.. bots and goldsellers are literally everywhere, servers going down all the time, ridiculous waiting queues and the game was always worse than tera so who cares really , its just a waste of time until black desert is out
lots of music -
Jan 31, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2014
The plot is horrible...and so is the combat...
It gets boring for me rather quickly. Sprinting is only fun. I prefer TERA, because the combat just makes me want to continue playing.
Jan 31, 2016 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
@incisorr
bruh bdo isnt any better so we're all gonna be stuck in the same pit and patch of hell for eternity.
asian mmos right now in general seem to suffer from one glaring problem which makes the next one's grass seem greener, but only temporarily.
Feb 1, 2016 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
Currently level 42 Blade Dancer and enjoying the game a ton.

The PVP is crazy, especially the tag-team 3v3s which is surprisingly awesome. The plot is decent I think as well, but there's some changes (in translation?) that make some parts of the story confusing.

I haven't been hooked on an MMORPG for awhile like this, but my only complaint is the lack of social thanks to gold spammers. The amount of bots is now a lot more manageable thanks to the recent patch, but after about a week of gold spam, it came a little too late. It's normally a handful of people (on Juwol) that frequent Faction Chat now and I'm assuming half the server probably just disabled faction chat and haven't bothered with it since.

I think the server is recovering bit by bit, but it's just a shame that it was hindered so much right off the bat.

Anyways, unless you're trying to get on Mushin or Old Man Cho, queue times aren't an issue anymore. They added 4 more servers some time ago and so the wait time craze is over.
Feb 1, 2016 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Eh, if it wasn't for my kawaii as fuck Lyn, I'd have dropped this 15 levels ago.
Feb 4, 2016 3:33 AM

Nov 2011
In other news they pretty much created the ultimate anti-spammer patch, which has gotten rid of almost nearly every gold bot (and hopefully will continue to do so).

However, on the terrible side of things NCSoft just implemented RNG boxes purchasable in the item shop with stuff that you can sell for a hefty profit (Which has already effected the economy) and locked an outfit behind it too with about a 1% chance of obtaining it according to the Blade and Soul sub-reddit.

GG folks, looks like they're already starting to cash-out on Blade and Soul.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 7 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
7 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.