Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 16, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
ColdJester said:
The heat in the atmosphere was so real!

Props to Erika.

OhhPlease said:
Izaya continues to be one of my all time favourite characters and top favourite villain. Just too perfect!

I wonder what Celty would do with her head if she got it back, would she try to attach it or something? I feel like it's probably been talked about before and I missed something.

I find myself surprisingly liking Erika which I didn't before. I defo ship her with Anri, they would be super cute together. Although with the way she dealt with Izaya and his BS I could ship Izaya X Erika too... Durarara has so many fun ships~ God you could just ship anyone with anyone in this anime and somehow it still makes sense in some way.

Mikado X Simon
:P

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID! That pairing burned my eyes! OMG JUST SIMON... Urgh, I will not be able to sleep tonight. Thanks for that xD

Jan 17, 2016 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
damn Izaya is just dark and sadist that was so good
Jan 17, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
Nakamura-san's character is getting well, that's nice.

Womanizer namba-ing the girls.

HiroC's character will involve between the two later?

That's surprising, that cool lady likes cat and got all the nekomimi that otaku girl wants.

The head...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2016 2:36 AM

Jun 2013
Nobody riles up my Anri-chan, especially not that slimy bastard Izaya. I'm still baffled as to why girls find that moron attractive, is it because are attracted to bad guys? No wonder a lot of girls have shitty relationships then cry about it. I digress.

I'm glad Erika smacked Izaya but I wish she used something that would've caused him more pain. Despite it all, I think Izaya is a great antagonist because I hate him but some people seem to find interest in him. He's unique and interesting but still a complete asshole who deserves to be killed before the series ends. He talks too much too. Typical villain, needing an exposition to justify his actions.

I'm kind of not feeling the interactions between Shinra and Celty, I like them as a couple but their interactions have been really shoujo-ish and too cartoonish for me lately.

Poor Celty and her head being thrown in a public bush. The few reasonable people here are Celty, Simon, Masaomi, Anri (sometimes) and a few others I can't think of right now.
臭い-
Jan 17, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2013
That was an awesome episode, great ost and narration throughout. Dem cat eARS. Love the intense conversation between Anri and Izaya, Erika too. The ending tho~ So hyped.
Jan 17, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
Erika is such a great friend, defending Anri from Izaya's sadistic banter and insults. The episode overall was really enjoyable, a lot of things happened. However, that ending was crazy: Celty's head has been exposed and everyone found out that it looks exactly like Mika's. Looking forward to the next episode~
5/5
Jan 17, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2014
Ikebukuro has been bubbling away slowly for ages, but the reveal of Celty's head feels like it's going to be massive. Much hype!
On the other hand, I found it funny that Izaya said that it's getting interesting between Masaomi and Mikado - because we wouldn't know, it feels like we barely see them.
Jan 17, 2016 5:13 AM

Sep 2012
I really love this show and these scenes were amazing, Izaya is such a troll and the head appears? :O
But it seems that I'm a bit loosing strings here and will have to re-watch everything at least form 2nd season *sigh*
Jan 17, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2014
Izaya vs Anri, wow that was tense, thanks Erika for cutting that guy's speech short. But then again Niekawa vs Anri looks even more tense and dreadful.

That moment when random girl used and tossed by Izaya becomes important by exposing Celty's head causing her to faint (poor Celty, dang it, why all of them treat her like this), but man with that head on exposition, Troy or rather Ikebukuro is gonna be set on fire quick.

As for our Secretary, so basically she is another Dullahan that was sold to the "original"Yodogiri and when he died she decided to run his business and create the other Yodogiris, and when one of them died in front of her, she attained "freedom"? I'm not sure I really follow that. Anyway it means she is dangerous.

So many confrontations at once, the war is real.
Jan 17, 2016 8:57 AM
Sep 2013
BGMaxie said:
As for our Secretary, so basically she is another Dullahan that was sold to the "original"Yodogiri and when he died she decided to run his business and create the other Yodogiris, and when one of them died in front of her, she attained "freedom"? I'm not sure I really follow that. Anyway it means she is dangerous.

No not a Dullahan. The only Dullahan in the series is Celty. Both Kujiragi and Ruri are dhampirs.

From what I understood about her past they said that Kujiragi is the half-sister of Ruri's mother, as they both have the same mother, (the grandmother that Ruri looked up to if you go back to her backstory episode) but Kujiragi's father is not Kujiragi's mother's husband.

Because her father was someone else, Ruri's grandmother decided to sell Kujiragi to the original Yodogiri Jinai, who took her in and taught her everything she needed to know to run his business and then passed away at least 20 years ago prior to the current timeline.

Because running his business was the only thing she was taught, she then gathered around 20-30 old geezers as decoys using the deceased Yodogiri's name whilst she played the role of the secretary. At the end of the previous cour, through unknown means Izaya managed to track down all the "fake" Yodogiri Jinnai's and take them out. Essentially destroying the Yodogiri corporation that she was worked her entire life with, so in a sense to her this is "freedom" as this is her first opportunity to try out new things, she hasn't been able to do until now.
Jan 17, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Zetsubo667 said:
BGMaxie said:

No not a Dullahan. The only Dullahan in the series is Celty. Both Kujiragi and Ruri are dhampirs.

I thought Kujiragi was human, aside from having saika inside her.
Jan 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Dec 2014
OhhPlease said:
I find myself surprisingly liking Erika which I didn't before. I defo ship her with Anri, they would be super cute together. Although with the way she dealt with Izaya and his BS I could ship Izaya X Erika too... Durarara has so many fun ships~ God you could just ship anyone with anyone in this anime and somehow it still makes sense in some way.

With you on this one- I mean, they went from Anri and Erika to Rocchi and his little mini-harem and straight over to Izaya, who happens to sport (IMO) one of the sexiest yaoi ships I have ever seen. Kept me laughing for nearly ten minutes straight.

As for the actual story... we've been building up the Dullahan War for some time, along with the Dollars conflict and Saika War. Thanks to the Hot Pot Rebellion, everything else can finally kick into gear! Hallelujah!
Jan 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
I'm probably part of the minority that found Izaya to be really annoying this episode, but it looks like the plot is getting more and more intense now with Celty's head and all
Jan 17, 2016 1:38 PM
Sep 2013
Sangaz said:

Not quite. If you remember Ruri's arc which is the first one in Shou, it reveals that she is a Dhampir and a descendant of a 'vampire' clan. Kujiragi who also comes from the same clan is inevitably going to be a Dhampir as well.

The easiest way to tell Kujiragi is not human is from her appearance as despite how young she looks (I would say she looks to be in her twenties) she's at least 40 years old and at least 20 years older than Ruri is.

So not only is she a Saika weilder, but she was already superhuman to begin with, so she must be pretty strong.
Jan 17, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Zetsubo667 said:
Sangaz said:

Not quite. If you remember Ruri's arc which is the first one in Shou, it reveals that she is a Dhampir and a descendant of a 'vampire' clan. Kujiragi who also comes from the same clan is inevitably going to be a Dhampir as well.

The easiest way to tell Kujiragi is not human is from her appearance as despite how young she looks (I would say she looks to be in her twenties) she's at least 40 years old and at least 20 years older than Ruri is.

So not only is she a Saika weilder, but she was already superhuman to begin with, so she must be pretty strong.

Way I understood it (just from breezing through the wiki a while back) was that she was born to Ruri's grandfather and his mistress, hence being a half sister to Ruri's mother. It was Ruri's grandmother who's bloodline is vampire.

Kujuragi being born to a different woman would mean she wouldn't inherit any monster traits right?
Jan 17, 2016 3:35 PM
Apr 2014
Interesting. I expected the appearance of Celty's head much later in the season. Seems this will get wrapped up before the other story strings.
Jan 17, 2016 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
Intense and spine tingling episode

That conversion with Anri. Regarding Mikao and Masaomi 0____0

Erika to the rescue

OMG Celty's head and everyone saw it 0___0
Jan 17, 2016 4:58 PM

Mar 2015
There's not enough Shizu-chan this time around :/ Hope that changes soon.
The Erika/Anri scene was great tho. I ship it.

Jan 17, 2016 5:20 PM
Sep 2013
Sangaz said:

Way I understood it (just from breezing through the wiki a while back) was that she was born to Ruri's grandfather and his mistress, hence being a half sister to Ruri's mother. It was Ruri's grandmother who's bloodline is vampire.

Kujuragi being born to a different woman would mean she wouldn't inherit any monster traits right?

Yes you would be right, but in this case its actually the other way around. Kujiragi and Ruri's mother have the same mother but a different father.

If I directly quote from this episode: "The Grandmother that Ruri so admiried, took this child that wasn't her husband's, Kasane...and sold her soon after birth".

Then if I go onto Kasane's wiki page it also says that Kujiragi shares the same mother as Ruri's mother, although their fathers are different, in fact a generation apart, resulting in Ruri being Kujiragi's niece, with an age gap of at least twenty years.

So Kujiragi should definately have superhuman genes in her blood.
Jan 17, 2016 6:46 PM

May 2014
The heeeeeeeaaaaaaaaadddddddddd
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2013
Quick question: what anime was Walker watching at the end of the episode? Was it Shaman King? I swear I saw a Patch officiant in one shot.
Jan 18, 2016 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
Welp this episode made me not want to drop this season just yet.
allo
Jan 18, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow that was epic!! Izaya’a ominous description, the Saika fight build up and finally the head makes this a 5/5 to me and I honestly can’t wait to see what happens next!!
Jan 18, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
Izaya is such a big troll, hahaha, the bastard is sure fun to watch cannot wait for his next beating. Poor Anri, she nearly felt to his provocations, good thing that Erika was her to avoid some tragedy.

Chikage is back. I liked his character in Shou, I hope he gets some good moments in the rest of the series.

And what happened with Celty at the end... I think that is for watching her head in the TV, not for the shock. I remember that in the first season they said that they wouldn't be sure of how Celty would react if she obtained her head again.

Looking forward this soo much.
Jan 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
That was an intense episode! Man, I didn't expect for Celty's head to be on the news!!! Oh my, what's gonna happen now?

Izaya probably knows all of this though...even the orange-haired chick and Haruna...
Aha... Love that Anri and Erika moment Erika's such a badass~ Izaya really is crazy with the whole analogue about Mikado and Masaomi...
Aha, I wonder what Chikage will do since he's gonna get his revenge on Ikebukuro.

Great episode!
Jan 18, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2011
DRRR at its best, Izaya messing with people's head is as class as always.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 19, 2016 3:01 AM

Aug 2014
i loved anri's talk with erika. i wish anri would confide more people in.

i repeat my same comment, when will shinra die?
Jan 19, 2016 5:44 AM
Dec 2015
For me who gets in trouble following normal anime plots, durarara is the freaking ruse roulette of nightmares.
Jan 19, 2016 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Kuuderex100 said:
For me who gets in trouble following normal anime plots, durarara is the freaking ruse roulette of nightmares.

I got used to this method of story telling after watching Pulp Fiction god knows how many times as a teen.
Jan 20, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2009
Wooooooow, the fan has been turned on and now it only needs to meet the excrements.

Intereeeeeeestiiiing.
Jan 20, 2016 4:52 PM
Oct 2015
This ep was really good. My favorite scene was when Izaya riling up Anri to the point where she wanted to kill him. He's the best troll ever. I think we all know Anri couldn't do jack to Izaya, he's just on another level. I'm hoping that the sales/rating are so good for Durarara x2, that Studio Shuka might consider making a season 2 for Baccano. This year would be 10th anniversary for the anime.
Jan 24, 2016 5:56 AM

Sep 2014
Good stuff. An enjoyable episode. Let's see what happens next. Izaya ftw forever.
Jan 25, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like Izaya is due for another stabbing.

And heads are rolling now!
Feb 1, 2016 1:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, Izaya sure was cruel with Anri. Lol at Erika's comment. Celty's head though! Poor Celty...

5/5
Feb 10, 2016 9:51 AM
Mar 2014
This was my favorite episode so far, because we get to see all the great interactions between the characters. I can't remember if this is (spoilerz?) the one where Kasane Kujiragi talks to Anri in a café with Haruna, but that was a great scene. Actually I think that might have been the next episode. Anyways.... seeing Erika stand up to Izaya was so refreshing, Izaya is truly truly a horrible character. I hope he gets what's coming to him at the end of the season. Seriously, Durarara!! would be so much better if Izaya Orihara wasn't in it. But maybe he provides a nice contrast with his horrible character making the other good characters stand out more. In that case I guess he might play an important role. But I still hate him. A lot.

I sound like Shizuo lol.
Apr 1, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
Jeez, someone need to make Izaya suffer. I can't stand him. He is so cynical!
And well, i don't know if i will like this arc as much as i liked in the other seasons. There are some characters that i don't care at all.
3/5
Apr 1, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
Anri is forever best girl <3
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 4, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
Celty is going to be pissed..
Apr 8, 2016 4:55 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This third part of season 2 has by far been the best Durarara since the first season. I love the dialogue and the things that are happening.

Can't believe Celty's head has finally be set free. Shit is about to go down hardcore.

I find it funny that both Saika users have a set of tits.
Apr 13, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
Mm, better than the previous episode. I just really hope this show goes out with a bang. I've waited five and a half years to see the end of this anime.
Apr 21, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
They should hurry up and get Celty's head. And when they got it, I hope Celty would not give it to Shinra's father. I mean so that Celty would look normal. I don't know why Shinra's so against it.
Apr 26, 2016 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
That was better then last episode. Didn't expect her head to be thrown out in the open.
Jun 9, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2013
That ending was really unexpected. Poor Celty.
Jun 15, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Goddamn, if the police keeps Celty's head as forensic evidence, I wonder how she'll get it back.

4/5
Jun 22, 2016 6:52 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
T_T Someone give Celty her head back...
Jun 24, 2016 3:36 PM
Jan 2012
Loved the storyteller this episode. Izaya imagine espectator just want see circus catch in fire.
IZaya love causes affray around the peoples.. I don't like Katane kujiragi, in begin(shou season) I think izaya or awakusu-kai and jinnay yodogiri great villians,but now Katane and Jinnai yodogiri is very strong and intelligent villain.
Liked much manami mamiya returned this part of this story. Imagine she important to revealed details about Izaya and Haruna niekawa.
The final of episode make amazing cliff hanger.
RafaKojiroJun 24, 2016 3:56 PM
Jul 28, 2016 3:12 AM
Jun 2013
so guess erika can go ether way lol.So the moral of the story is watch out for women??
Nov 9, 2016 11:55 PM

Sep 2016
dreadknightnero said:
Loved the narration and how things played out this episode.

Anri seems to be having a bad day, meeting two people she doesn't really want to meet.

That ending though.
true i must find out moree
Facta Non Verba
Nov 11, 2016 8:42 PM
Feb 2015
i want the one who stole the head to die
Dec 16, 2016 4:37 PM

Nov 2015

• Ok, the techno-ish riff of this OP is already growing on me. The semi dancing characters also help. It's a bit silly but it works. Also, when Kasane semi dances and then shows that power... I don't know why but it gives me that vibe that "this is going to end..."

I love Durarara!! so much tho...

• Lol, more FUN scenes in Shinra's apartment! YAY!
    Seiji trying to sneak in the room Shingen is sleeping with Elena tho, jajajaja that was very funny.

• Yeah, I'm not buying this try to humanize Kasane by showing us that she has cat and buttler fetiches. Nope. We have Erika for those things xD

• Damn! Things heated up pretty fast! Celty's head is on the loose!!

PD: Izaya was pretty hateable this episode....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HumbertoZeroDec 16, 2016 4:44 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.