New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
Mayuka said:
DJAnime said:
Will watch because shaft.

Don't know much about the source material, might check it out also :d
Considering you have an Aria forum set, definitely. That's pretty much the same style of stories.
it is not aria, yokohama kaidashi kikou. but yes, both of them still has similiar atmosphere.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 5, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
Kuma said:
Mayuka said:
Considering you have an Aria forum set, definitely. That's pretty much the same style of stories.
it is not aria, yokohama kaidashi kikou. but yes, both of them still has similiar atmosphere.
My bad >< They look alike lmao. I mixed up the tranquil SOL shows very often..
Jan 5, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2015
Feaor said:
Mayuka said:
I don't think they're a bad studio. It's their style that does not suit this.
Well whoever is producing the show obviously thinks that it does since they choose the staff, although I suppose Shinbou could have gone to the publisher to arrange the production which would mean that he has something in mind.

Either way its too early to make any comments about quality but I'm more intrigued now because its a bit of a curveball choice, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

The upshot is that SHAFT works tend to sell reasonably well if they're at least decent and they're more likely to produce sequels and complete adaptations than many studios. If it works out well, it could be the best shot the manga has of getting a complete adaptation.

NHK doesn't care about BD sales since they target the mainstream audience instead of Otaku.

and shaft only have monogatari and madoka which passed 10k sales.
Jan 5, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2015
Expectations have been lowered right close to the bottom of the barrel for this adaptation now, which is a shame since I like the manga. Shaft was the last studio I was expecting to do a slice of life/drama/game series like this in all honestly.

I was at least hoping for Tatsuyuki Nagai as director (but since it is Shaft, well, that is out of the window…. and here comes Akiyuki Shinobu for my disappointment). Now the only thing left is to know whom the series composition and scriptwriter for this will be. Please let it be someone with a previous and successful experience with the genre.

Also, it’d be great if (just for this one) Shaft would refrain from using their so-called signature visual style.... why? Because this series doesn’t need any of that, and if you think it will make it better, then you clearly have not read or know anything about the source material at all.

I expect this to air in Summer as well.... Again, I’m not eager for this anymore as I used several months ago.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 5, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Dab1za9 said:

Implying that 4k isn't the avg sales for BD's, and any higher tends to be pretty good.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
Shaft's fine for this, they didn't mess up Koufuku Graffiti.

Jan 5, 2016 9:49 AM
Jul 2015
ExtraCheeky said:
Dab1za9 said:

Implying that 4k isn't the avg sales for BD's, and any higher tends to be pretty good.

"Sells reasonably well" isnt 4k though

and like i said BD sales means nothing for this series.
Jan 5, 2016 9:51 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

People hate unique and different things. Nothing new.

Please, Shaft's nonsense is hardly "unique and different" at this point.
Demon_AckerJan 5, 2016 10:01 AM
Jan 5, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2015
Huh, Shaft doing a prize winner. Hope they don't fuck it up.
Jan 5, 2016 10:03 AM
Aug 2014
lol at people ripping at shaft

studio has smarter directing than most of the other studios mentioned here

that said if they use the same style as in their latest work it might not be a fit for this particularly series, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt
Jan 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2007
Demon_Acker said:
Fai said:

And yet anyone to rival them in directing and cinematography has yet to appear
Jan 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Shaft can do not abstract shit when they need to. They will probably add a bit of flare to things but i doubt its gonna go full monogatari like people are thinking it will.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
1001 jumpcuts ehhhhh Not sure about this
Jan 5, 2016 10:15 AM
Aug 2011
Well that's weird but interesting? Could either be the best thing or the worst.
That being said I do like Shaft quite a lot in general.

Also had some heart palpitations when I read "Studio Shaft to Animate" because I have a list of shows i'd rather have Shaft animate instead of this.

Might even pick up the manga now even though it's still publishing.
Jan 5, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2014
IZUMI64 said:
Biasa said:

so you not understand the animation direction and because of that is shit?

epic

if SHAFT really using their 'usual' art for this series.

yeah... Madoka, Monogatari Series, SZS and Koufuku Graffiti have different styles of animation

but as they have some similar things, is easier say they are all the same that see the difference
BiasaJan 5, 2016 10:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Demon_Acker said:

Kyoani with their last anime Hibike say HI and other than Bakemonogatari i wouldn't say the directing in their show is that great
Jan 5, 2016 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
Demon_Acker said:

You Shaft fanboys can say whatever you wanna say but you can't just ignore the fact that anime viewers reluctant to see Shaft animate something is increasing significantly in this last 5 years.
Jan 5, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
Dab1za9 said:
Fai said:

Kyoani with their last anime Hibike say HI and other than Bakemonogatari i wouldn't say the directing in their show is that great
Also, Subete ga F easily rivals the above mentioned shows. And Zankyou no Terror.
Jan 5, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
I'd understand if that had anything to do with the quality of the work at hand, but it doesn't...
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
Wasn't what I was expecting, but I don't see anything really wrong with it.
Jan 5, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Mayuka said:
Dab1za9 said:

Also, Subete ga F easily rivals the above mentioned shows. And Zankyou no Terror.

> Kyoani.
> Perfect Snoozesider.

Good jokes.

While I do agree about ZNT, it is really because MAPPA is the essence of what made Madhouse good in the first place, but it still was far more approachable and standard work what SHAFT does

Kyoani is as far away from quality or "unique" as it can be. There's no studio more mainstream or homogenized than that. Hell, do you even know what kind of absolute trash they are doing this very season?

If anything, they are complete opposite of shaft - only playing it safe, only catering to otaku crowd, copypasting same show again and again. KyoAni and Key products are half the reason the industry is infested with low quality sol "feel shows".

Hibike showed some promise but it quickly revealed itself as just another Kyoani show complete with "moe girls doing moe things" cliches and the absolutely gross queer-baiting elements.

I am happy its not Kyoani, because that would have genuinely made me skip this.
AhenshihaelJan 5, 2016 10:55 AM
Jan 5, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
> Perfect Snoozesider.
Okay, it's not a great show but directing/cinematography was A++++
Jan 5, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 2015
Fai said:

> Kyoani.
> Perfect Snoozesider.

Good jokes.

While I do agree about ZNT, it is really because MAPPA is the essence of what made Madhouse good in the first place, but it still was far more approachable and standard work what SHAFT does

Kyoani is as far away from quality or "unique" as it can be. There's no studio more mainstream or homogenized than that. Hell, do you even know what kind of trash they are doing this very season?

If anything, they are complete opposite of shaft - only playing it safe, only catering to otaku crowd, copypasting same show again and again. KyoAni and Key products are half the reason the industry is infested with low quality sol "feel shows".

Hibike showed some promise but it quickly revealed itself as just another Kyoani show complete with "moe girls doing moe things" cliches and the absolutely gross queer-baiting elements.

Did you even watch Hibike ? How is it moe girls doing moe things ? and like their stories or not Takemoto and Yamada are better than any director at shaft except maybe Oishi who didn't do anything in the last 5 years.

also implying monogatari doesn't pander to otaku kek
Jan 5, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Shaft + Akiyuki Shinobu = Godly
Jan 5, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
Oh well, all we can do is hope that it's good. Maybe this'll be their first great non-Monotagari show since...god knows what.
Jan 5, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
>Shaft

Oh, what the hell. There goes my Asaka Morio dream...

Well, at least it can't get any worse than that. I mean, they had stuff like Ef, right? I'm sure they can pull this off somehow.

>Akiyuki Shinbo

Yeah, fuck that. This series is done for.

(Oddly enough, this reminds me of the time Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker)

Fai said:

>If anything, they are complete opposite of shaft - only playing it safe, only catering to otaku crowd, copypasting same show again and again. KyoAni and Key products are half the reason the industry is infested with low quality sol "feel shows".

And Shaft is "oh so amazing" that they put out unique, uncatering and completely original content because Nisekoi, Koufuku Graffiti and Monogatari are OH SO UNIQUE, UNREPETITIVE AND ORIGINAL.

(PS If you really think this way, please go see a doctor)

Akiyuki Shinbo is a one trick pony. He works once and never again. His "substance over style" formula has been re-used over and over and over again that it's become way too cancerous and normie to be even called unique.

And at least KyoAni LOOKS good. I'd rather have them than still frames, tilted heads, flat backgrounds and CGI classrooms.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh that synopsis is dull and doesn't really make me wanna watch, but since it's Shaft... yeah PTW.
Jan 5, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, good for them. Can't wait to watch it.

The only shows I like about shaft is monogatari series, Mahou shoujo and Nisekoi :3

Hope it's going to adapt well.
Jan 5, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
MagicalMahou said:

And at least KyoAni LOOKS good. I'd rather have them than still frames, tilted heads, flat backgrounds and CGI classrooms.

I'd rather have a creative cinematography, witty meta and top notch directing than this:
AhenshihaelJan 5, 2016 11:43 AM
Jan 5, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Mayuka said:
<br />
<br />
&gt; Kyoani.<br />
&gt; Perfect Snoozesider.<br />
<br />
Good jokes. <br />
<br />
While I do agree about ZNT, it is really because MAPPA is the essence of what made Madhouse good in the first place, but it still was far more approachable and standard work what SHAFT does<br />
<br />
Kyoani is as far away from quality or &quot;unique&quot; as it can be. There&#039;s no studio more mainstream or homogenized than that. Hell, do you even know what kind of absolute trash they are doing this very season?<br />
<br />
If anything, they are complete opposite of shaft - only playing it safe, only catering to otaku crowd, copypasting same show again and again. KyoAni and Key products are half the reason the industry is infested with low quality sol &quot;feel shows&quot;. <br />
<br />
Hibike showed some promise but it quickly revealed itself as just another Kyoani show complete with &quot;moe girls doing moe things&quot; cliches and the absolutely gross queer-baiting elements. <br />
<br />
<br />

wow fai, this is a terrible post even for your standards.

You talk about direction & cinematography and then diss kyoAni for moe designs? Because SHAFT totally doesnt add fanservice, right? And kyoAni's directors are far better in direction & cinematography, just look at hibike, tamako love story, etc

>gross queer baiting elements
if you defend shaft with a phrase like that then the joke's on you. They've been otaku centric & otaku centric for a decade since shinbo joined shaft.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 5, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
Great! the manga a bit of a task to read lot of dialogue and monologue >.<

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Jan 5, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2015
MagicalMahou said:

>Akiyuki Shinbo

Yeah, fuck that. This series is done for.

(Oddly enough, this reminds me of the time Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker)

He is probably Chief director like every other shaft series and there will be another series director.
Jan 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Just chill. You should worry about more important things in your life, not this.
Jan 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2007
zero-r said:

Also, it’d be great if (just for this one) Shaft would refrain from using their so-called signature visual style.... why? Because this series doesn’t need any of that, and if you think it will make it better, then you clearly have not read or know anything about the source material at all..

You're probably going to get more than a few "anime is a visual medium" counterarguments for that one.

Again though when the only people leaping out of their skin at this news in a positive way are people loaded up with Monogatari and Fate avatars (I just associate both franchises hardcore fans with manic shitposting and trolling at this point anyway though) and who are well known professed Shaft fanboys who have absolutely nothing to say about the manga and are strictly interested for the potential of more Shaft gimmicks that really says it all about the divide. There really seem to be two camps in anime nowadays, those concerned with seeing the work they enjoy translated to another format in the best and most accurately fitting way possible so as to make the most out of the transition and format changes (this group seems to be dwindling, being marginalized and increasingly drowned out by the year as a result of some recent trends in how animation production is being approached) and those strictly concerned with their favorite peoples styles and quirks being attached to a work regardless of what it is. No studio better exemplifies this clean divide than Shaft, none.

Anyway I'm no fan of Kyoani or their style (what they have to do with this other than a name drop and the BS rivalry thing fans made up for them with Shaft years and years ago I don't know) and think they have a tendency to run things through their own sort of filter badly as well, but I can definitely tell they give way more of a shit about what they are doing on average than Shaft ever will. The very idea that somebody might suggest otherwise is ludicrous to me, but then you have to consider the sources on these quotes here.
PeacingOutJan 5, 2016 12:32 PM
Jan 5, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
I'm sure they'll adapt it just fine. I was interested in the show anyway.
Jan 5, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
Shaft and Shinbou = Must.

Jan 5, 2016 12:40 PM

Mar 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Shaft can do not abstract shit when they need to. They will probably add a bit of flare to things but i doubt its gonna go full monogatari like people are thinking it will.
cough cough "nisekoi" cough cough.

i like cola and i like mentos. doesn't mean i would swallow them together. that's how i feel about this anouncement.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know man, the style Shaft uses is fine in Monogatari or Nisekoi, but i don't want this series to look sparkly and colorful.
Jan 5, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
Let's put it this way then: it better have a tooth brushing scene.
Jan 5, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
I like a lot of SHAFT anime. I've watched their shows all the way back to Tsukuyomi:Moon Phase where you can find the original head tilt. I ADORE Hidamari Sketch and enjoy the various Monogatari. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was awesome huomur and Ef was great melodrama and of course there was Madoka.

BUT I still think that SHAFT and Shinbou is absolutely the worst studio to adapt "3-gatsu no Lion". It's a very gentle understated manga with subtle drama and character development. SHAFT don't do subtle. They do LOUD and funny and melodrama.
Jan 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2015
Damnit, why shaft.
Jan 5, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Paulo27 said:
Let's put it this way then: it better have a tooth brushing scene.

hahahaha that's the most awkward anime scene that i ever seen in my life.

Is a really surprising news, but i'm quite happy and excited, i've been waiting for shaft to do something new since way long, so this is a great opportunity.
Like some of you has said, this manga is not shaft style at all, and i thought that it was taken for A-1 or something alike, but i'm expecting a really good job for part of the studio anyways because they usually put an interesting point of view in their animes, although i know is not a sure thing...
So i hope they do a really good effort in this one, please shaft don't disappoint me
Jan 5, 2016 1:35 PM
Apr 2012
Mayuka said:
okay, shaft fanboy

okay.

not every anime needs fucking head tilts and deep toothbrush scenes to be good…

we git it, you're not looking forward to it. no need for the pointless patronizing.

you have only seen few shaft anime, thus must have gained a close minded idea of the how studio works.

yes, im pretty sure the head tilts will be there. don't see a big deal about that, do head tilts severely effect storytelling and direction? if that's your main point of opposing this, then that is indeed quite ignorant. i have read a bit of sangatsu no lion and dont mind shaft implementing their style, they are usually faithful as well. it is also pretty much a given that the anime will look beautiful, with extravagant visuals due to having a big name like shinbou behind it.
Jan 5, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2013
Tried reading the source material, couldn't really get into it. I will give this an episode or two though to see if anything changes.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Jan 5, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
funny how there's more salt than actually discussion on this board about this manga.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
Mayuka said:
Kuma said:
My bad >< They look alike lmao. I mixed up the tranquil SOL shows very often..
I was using a Aria forum set awhile ago. But I will deffintly check it out if it's the same style as Aria. Loved the Aria manga.
Jan 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:

SHAFT's unique days have long passed. Shinbou does the same shit for every series he directs.
Jan 5, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Fai said:

SHAFT's unique days have long passed. Shinbou does the same shit for every series he directs.
that he directs lmfao

im guessing u are one of those guys who thinks Shinbou is actually directing all these series
Jan 5, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 2015
TheNaturalPerm said:
Fai said:

He didn't direct anything in ages though.
Jan 5, 2016 3:26 PM

Apr 2014
cant wait to see ppl lose their shit when this bath scene is animated

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 31 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
31 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
7 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
9 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.