Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2009 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I have to admit that I am not very familiar with this series, but it was quite enjoyable I thought. Took me back to the days of Voltron, and the music seemed very 60's to me. I like it! :)
Sep 4, 2010 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
If you like The Mazinger series (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger and Grendizer) and Getter Robo this episode is awesome! If you don't, then it's a very good super robot episode. It's a very good crossover! Really ^^
Oct 20, 2010 1:20 PM
Nov 2008
So, in light of the BP oil spill do you think we will get a dragonsaurus near the gulf coast and what giant robot army will defeat it?
Oct 20, 2010 1:21 PM
Jan 2009
I thought they completely gypped Getter Robo G - where was the Open Get to avoid attacks? Where was the Getter Liger? Basically the first half of this movie was "everyone tries stuff and fails, then Grendaizer tries it and succeeds" so it came off as some kind of Grendaizer advertisement.
Aug 14, 2011 10:20 PM

Apr 2011
Fail subs are fail ... randomly translated Getter Robo's name into some "Triple-Omnipotent Transformer" string of jibberish and "robot army" becomes "Robber army". How the hell do you mistranslate "Roboto"="Robot"?!?

The art's better than the other giant-robot crossovers at least. The action was pretty sweet too, and all over the fuckin' place. I had a good laugh at the girl-bots with their boob-missiles. Ahhh, 70's anime, so strangely nostalgic. Strange to me, anyway, since I wasn't yet alive when these originally aired ...

4/5
Feb 20, 2012 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
QUESTION- Why in the heck is this listed under shoujo ai?
Oct 7, 2023 4:14 PM

Jun 2017
...With how close they were to it when it exploded, wouldn't even a child realize that the explosion of that much oil should blow them all up too??!! WTF??!!

I came to see Grendizer, and I got a bit of Grendizer at least. Far less than I would have liked though.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.