Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 12, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2010
Wow, this episode was great! So much cool stuff happened. And for once, I saw the MikaYuu which is so popular. But I must give it to Shinoa, best character is best no matter what. Loved how she let the meeting happen. She's freaking awesome!
Dec 12, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2011
mira-nyan said:
Chiibi said:

Well, yes, I certainly HOPE so. I don't want anyone important to die. D:

They're all gonna die. You're in denial.
Oh, if that's the case, good.
Dec 12, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
Something actually happened in this episode, and no lame cliffhanger at the end.
Rating +1

I'm missing Shinoa trolling though. :'(
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was excellent. Too bad the rest hasn't been this good. It was a little over-dramatic with Mika getting cut up, but almost the entire episode had me on the edge of my seat.
Dec 12, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
Finally!
Dec 14, 2015 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
mira-nyan said:

They're all gonna die. You're in denial.
Oh, if that's the case, good.

There's no way EVERYONE will die.....that would be a giant middle finger to the fandom. XD

Dec 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Dec 2015
This episode is what we were waiting for since the ending of the last season. Mika finally finds Yu and escapes with him. But what will happen after that? things are getting more exciting ^_^
Dec 19, 2015 11:17 AM

Nov 2009
It was nice to see a confirmation that Guren does care about Yuu outside of his plans.

Still don't care about Mika.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 23, 2015 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
The worst episode in anime history ever. I literally skipped about 12 minutes worth of this shit because it was unbearable ..
Dec 23, 2015 10:45 AM
Dec 2015
So, pink hair glasses guy had such ability all this time?? Oh boy I'm sure that would've been inmensely useful forBRhe purpose of RESCUING GURREN 2 EPISODES AGO!! AND THAT stupid pinkhead used it to interrupt the most interesting fight of this season?! Im not even mad at pknkhead, all of that is shinoas fault. Yeah, shinoa has again proven herself useless, how come she didn't take that into account for the gurren rescue mission? I mean really what is shinoa good for? Can't plan, can't fight, and worse, her foolishness got half of the narumi squad killed. I will never forgive her for that. Does she die soon? Please tell me she does!!
Dec 23, 2015 5:04 PM
Jun 2013
Didn't understand Yu's obsession with getting the horn in the beginning. #Random
Weird how he wasn't freaking out at finding out he was dead either. And at first she says she can't help him recover from his organs being destroyed...then she helps him wtf

The rest of the episode was pretty good. At this point the scenes without Yu are like that. I wasn't expecting the team to help Mika out like that. And tbh, i kinda expected Mika to be a bit stronger than what was shown in this, but it still had me on the edge of my seat.
Dec 28, 2015 4:47 AM

Dec 2010
I hope that Yu LTD is happy being responsible for the deaths of their comrades. And it was just when I started getting my faith in Kimizuki back.

tsubasalover said:
Main guy is somehow alive while dead because angel in the form of pipe holds him alive, waiting him to get it.
Lol.
MeritasDec 28, 2015 4:48 AM
Dec 29, 2015 11:20 PM

Mar 2012
This entire season:

"Yuu, thought you grew up from being a dumbass."
"Nah."
"Yuu, STOP DOING WHAT I TOLD YOU TO NOT DO!"
"Nah."
"Mika, can you stop obsessing over Yuu to the point of giving up your life on trivial encounters, which would actually prevent you from saving him when it counts?"
"Nah."
"Everyone, can you stop f--king mentioning the word 'family' in every breath?"
"Nah."
"Everyone, can you stop making insanely horrible decisions that no rational human being will ever make in your shoes and put other people's lives at risk?"
"Nah."
Dec 31, 2015 11:13 AM

May 2013
Even Demon Yuu couldn't handle Crowley. Poor Guren, still captured.
Mika took all the animation for himself and he also took Yuu! How selfish!
RIP Narumi's Squad.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 2, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
On my list this will probably not be anything better than the first Owari no Seraph, but at least this episode had something to offset the rest.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 2, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
Really loved the scene when Mika went for Yuu the OST was used so well along with it.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 3, 2016 6:57 AM
May 2012
Someone should fuck Crowley up. I want to see his face in despair.
Also, Yu x Mika again <3
Jan 6, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing ep. Yuu always goes for the extremes in every situation; First, he'd disobey orders for revenge, and now he's disobeying orders for family. He's come so far, yet not far at all.

Poor Mika.

Shinoa is the best.
sasuke is sasugay
Jan 18, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2012
Intense episode and great development! Let's see what's next!
Feb 16, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2014
They better explain the whole "angel" thing. That made little to no sense.
Feb 22, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
Demon Yuu was great and then the whole "rescue" scene was good as well. It would be nice if Mika joined the humans as an ally, but I'm not sure how likely that is.
Mar 18, 2016 11:55 PM

Apr 2014
All the pieces are starting to assemble at the same location. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the conclusion of the season will be satisfactory due to the pace. Hopefully they'll announce a season three eventually.
Apr 8, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
The fight sequence with Mika was really cool I hope we see more action scenes like that in later eps.
Apr 17, 2016 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
WTF? I was prepared to see a royal beatdown (finally) and Kimizuki just shows up and ruins it all. WTF was the point in Yuu throwing himself into death's maw REPEATEDLY just for him to be pulled out without saving Guren?!

Mika was such a badass this episode. Again I got chills when he was trudging through the swarm of soldiers to reach Yuu. The bromance is a tad over the top, but it's pulled off so well it's hard to complain about. Have I mentioned how excellent the OST is used?

RIP two people who were too unimportant for me to remember their names, but at least they were relevant for a short while.
ZadionApr 17, 2016 3:50 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 11, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was THE SHIT!!. This is anime is a good example of why you should never trust reviews.
Jun 27, 2016 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO Yuu asked for power, got it, and still got his ass beat. But thanks to Yuu, I got to see my vaifu's(vampire waifu) again.

Yuu should know that his friends are his power(referencing another Miyu Irino character that has a key shaped sword). That's the only power he needs.

That Mika scene was cool AF.

Of course helping Mika had to lead to sacrifices. Just don't kill Sayuri.
RobJun 27, 2016 9:21 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2016 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
Great. That whole bunch of soldiers including Yu's friends are all gonna die thanks to Mika's flashy performance. Seriously this thing going on between him and Yu is not making the show better it just unnecessarily and annoyingly complicates it. It would've been better if it was a simple good vs. bad, humans vs. vampires and not this shit.

Anyway that one thing that makes Yu worth to watch, when he goes all nuts and starts shitting black ink and they took it away. wow.
Sep 8, 2016 11:02 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
They putting Mika and Yu through hell rather than OPing and I understand why. Neither the Moon Demon Army or the vampires are weaker than the other. But it is both Mika and Yu's desire of soloing everything holding them back. Shinoa did a fantastic move to have Mika and Yu have some time together so they can finally unite.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 13, 2016 5:06 AM

Jul 2008
Cringe worthy episode
Jan 11, 2017 12:23 AM
Sep 2014
OMG my heart strings were pulled! I love the way Mika's determination to save Yuu pushes him forward and that scene was really cool the way they made it slow motion just made it better!!!
Also I'm glad we were able to see what would happen if their desire increases and the demon takes over their body.
I wonder what the whole angel stuff Asuramaru was spouting about meant. Why would the angels save Yuu and if they are worse than demons as she mentioned, what would happen if he asked them for power instead?
Great ep.
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Mar 20, 2017 3:51 AM
Feb 2017
first half of the episode... Guren was badly beaten from his fight with Crowley last episode and then by that purple haired vampire yet in a split second he managed to get up and run towards Yu just in time before Crowley's sword could stab Yu... wth? Okay last season Guren was stab in the chest--heart but had the strength to send Mika flying off to the ground, the part where Yu and Mika met, and i thought "how is that possible?, he should be dead" Until reinforcement arrived, he was still conscious,it didnt made sense as Mika stabbed him in the HEART, but i let that slipped. Then this episode...come on. Its ridiculous. If you cant get up, stay on the ground, if dead then stay dead...

Second half, Mika and the fight scene was cool and intense, finally Mika fight scene. Mika gets hold of Yu then Yoichi grabs Mika from behind and tells Mika about family concept sh*t but Mika shoves him off (that was satisfying lol) Then Yu's squad decided to hold off their own ally to let Mika flee with Yu meeting up somewhere after while talking about family concept again. Uggghh. Dont Shinoa,Yoichi,Shiho and Mitsuba have families of their own before the virus took place? Other than their siblings like parents,cousins,grandpa,grandma. Previous episodes and flashbacks showed that they had siblings, but what about their parents or any other family relative? Dont they think of them at all or they just completely forgot about them? I am assuming their parents neglected them cos if so then basically Yu and his comrades are all orphans. And its ridiculous. Atleast one of them has to have happy memories with their parents before the virus. But maybe because it would've been easier for them to relate to each other and makes the family concept easier to explain. What i'm saying is, im getting tired of family this family that.
Apr 8, 2017 10:23 PM

Jun 2016
Was the line where Guren refers to the humans got there powers from a vending machine a reference to Bioshock?
May 11, 2017 2:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yu, with all the power get, was impossible to defeat this Noble Vampire, and almost transformed in Demon!!!!
Mikael rescue Yu, although he need the help of the "other family"!!!
Jul 1, 2017 4:49 AM

Mar 2014
Mika's fight scene against the Moon Demon company was amazing. Fighting for his husbando as he should. I sense trouble for Shinoa though. Next ep's gonna be good.
Nov 22, 2018 4:53 PM

Mar 2018
I'm so tired of Mika's single minded character. It was absolutely pathetic that all of them couldn't beat him.
Jan 4, 2019 9:56 AM
Jun 2017
Wish Yu had gone 'angel' mode instead.
Mar 18, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
just when it seems like Shinoa has matured, she then does something selfish which leads to an actual death :/

still waifu tho :v
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jul 13, 2020 3:59 PM

Aug 2019
Finally!!!

So many things happened in this episode, I keep reacting over every little thing lol to the point my head started to hurt a little (now it doesn’t)

I used to hate Shinoa a little bit but now I love her!! She made a great choice, I hope they don’t die.

When Mika princess carried Yuu I couldn’t hold it in (I was sooo happy). How will Yuu react after he wakes up when he sees Mika, that would be interesting.

I would say this is the best episode so far
Aug 17, 2020 5:04 PM
Oct 2019
It had my adrenaline flowing at first. Until I realized Yu is just a weakling. Every power up he uses is worthless. So disappointing. The lack of progress is going to frustrate me and make me like this show less.

Pretty funny when they were asking Guren how they got their powers: Out of a vending machine. Haha

Oh man, that final sequence was nuts, starting with Mika and ending with the vamp invasion. Wow
Jan 30, 2021 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, it IS frustrating to see Yuu not get stronger. Even with the demon power up, it wasn't enough. Hopefully, when I read the manga, he eventually does get stronger without total demon possession 💀

Still this episode is the BEST ONE YET. Mika running through the squads like nothing, urgh I love him. And I was surprised by Shinoa squad defending him, hmm how interesting.
Mar 18, 2021 11:40 PM

Jun 2020
Oh my fucking god......what have they done................. Yayoi & Kagiyama.......Jesus....poor Shinya having to deal with that utter horseshit. I would have flipped OUT IF NARUMI ENDED UP DEAD TOO JESUUSUSUSUSUSUS MIKA COULDNT YOU HAVE FOUND A BETTER TIME

Anyway half-demon Yuu was cool. His horn was cute like that lololll

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 28, 2021 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
Just when the others were starting to like them, Yu's team causes a bunch of deaths.
May 16, 2022 11:17 AM
Nov 2020
Bloody hell, I feel sorry for Guren. Nobody fucking follows his orders, haha.
Sep 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Mar 2019
Wow that was intense. Although I hate how forced it is at some points, like there's no way normal vampires just took down that girl and that guy. Please don't die!!

What's going to happen now, there are so many possibilities.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 29, 2023 3:34 AM

Dec 2022
Shinoa deciding to protect Mika from yet another potential death for him is idiotic. Then they trust him with Yuu and meeting up again, when he's clearly a deranged vampire who has already killed humans? Just get the squad to lift Yuu instead, since they're actually on your side, and at least ward Mika off. They have no grounds for trusting him at all. They're in a life or death war against the vampires, and they're inexplicably sparing even the more hostile and powerful ones based on no more a coherent explanation than that Yuu knew them years ago? What happened to being pragmatic and putting aside sentimentality, like they did with Guren twice? Did that go out the window just so that the plot could bend over to accomodate Mika's obsessive lust for Yuu?

This episode finally killed off two named recurring characters in Taro and Yayoi, which was a long time coming, and a welcome change from the usual formula. They died to regular nameless vampires somehow, but the power levels in this anime aren't consistent anyway, so I'm not surprised.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Nov 2020
Yuu-chan's obsessed, cute, femboy, step brother, and childhood friend finally got his beloved Yuu-chan~ back!

Its a bit annoying after getting so much power to go back to battle and achieved nothing.. again. Like atleast do some permanent damage, maybe cut his hand or something and take it with u then run
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.