Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2014
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

that shows how much the japanese audience sucks they love shit like kyoani but deslike madhouse the one who is by far the best anime studio

What? KyoAni is as much loved in the West than in Japan. It's a fan-service studio.
Madhouse is still shit tho. Crappy animation, soulless adaptation, ugly chara-design, recycled themes and backgroud. Watching Madhouse anime is as exciting as slicing bread. Just to discover that each slice of bread are exactly the same plain piece of cafeteria's crappiest meal one after one.

At least KyoAni has actually good animation and some variety as well.

kyoani has variety what the fuck are you smoking?
they only make mediocre moe shows
also madhouse has the most variety in the medium they have no identity as a studio but that makes them be the only one that has so many anime that are so different from eachother
if you go and see the anime they make it can see how much variety they have
they made awesome psychological shows(monster death note perfect blue)
good action flicks(black lagoon helsing ultimate and claymore)
ln garbage(mahou sensou mahouka)
great kids shows(dennou coil)
greatsports anime(ippo and chyafuru one outs)
awesome shonen(hunter x hunter)
since when kyoani has this much variety?
Nov 27, 2015 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
gabrielrroiz said:

that shows how much the japanese audience sucks they love shit like kyoani but deslike madhouse the one who is by far the best anime studio

I find it funny when people bash the Japanese audience as if the western audience is any better.

they are
not by much but atleast if it was decided by the western taste we would not have this much moe and school comedys
Nov 27, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Ask the same question for SAO and AOT.
Nov 27, 2015 11:18 AM
Nov 2009
You all talk about how great OPM's animation is. Yet, I believe many of you dislike the show. That's plain stupid. How can something so beautifully animated be bad?
Nov 27, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Praland said:
No cute girls, westerns dislikes cute girls in anime.

she got squashed on a building not so longer after she appeared, mosquito girl isn't the best example of a "cute girl with a relevant role and presence"

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Apr 2014
Duskfall said:
You all talk about how great OPM's animation is. Yet, I believe many of you dislike the show. That's plain stupid. How can something so beautifully animated be bad?
1 word, elitism.

Apr 2014
Zeando said:
DrGeroCreation said:

she got squashed on a building not so longer after she appeared, mosquito girl isn't the best example of a "cute girl with a relevant role and presence"
She's cute though.
Nov 27, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
Duskfall said:
Yea because production values are the only thing that matter right? /s
Nov 27, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
no one around me knows what it is

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Nov 27, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
good action flicks(black lagoon helsing ultimate and claymore)

I honestly don't care about the argument but Madhouse was responsible for only 3 episode of Hellsing OVA.
Nov 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
cuz like saltypriest said its a meme anime the meme and we all know what happens when a meme becomes viral

zeverusko said:
Because of 9gag >_<
I'm kinda pissed off about it.

also this

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
shawnofthedeadzDec 1, 2015 6:49 PM
Nov 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
Zeando said:

She's cute though.
Yeah I'd fuck that.
Nov 27, 2015 11:42 AM

Sep 2009
Because OPM parodies Western comics, making it more relatable (to dirty casuals and other Westerners alike)
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 27, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Tevens said:
DrGeroCreation said:

mysteriously, i kinda like her body style too, even though she is an insect.

I would let her (only her, not the mosquito sarn) to suck all my blood.
Nov 27, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
well it did have hype beforehand but now it's an anime ofc it's going to get popular and not everyone likes to read manga.

Nov 27, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
9gag. 9gag happened.

Also it's an easily digestable, populist show.
Nov 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
Dorian-201 said:
Wasn't the same case with Attack on Titan?

Yeah, pretty much this.

And OPM path will be followed by Boku no Hero Academia.

Nov 27, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
Because it's 2deep4haters to understand.
Nov 27, 2015 1:28 PM
Mar 2014
LordPerucho said:
Dorian-201 said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

not too sure about that tbh
I mean BnHA did start off pretty well but it took a while to get good enough to warrant the hype
casuals tend to drop shows after 1 episode if they aren't omfgamazing
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime

May 2012
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

What? KyoAni is as much loved in the West than in Japan. It's a fan-service studio.
Madhouse is still shit tho. Crappy animation, soulless adaptation, ugly chara-design, recycled themes and backgroud. Watching Madhouse anime is as exciting as slicing bread. Just to discover that each slice of bread are exactly the same plain piece of cafeteria's crappiest meal one after one.

You gave shinsekai yori a ten, and the animation in that show is shit. I don't think you are very consistent in how you rate things.

Jan 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
Also it's an easily digestable, populist show.
so its Peron for noobs?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 27, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
omfgplzstop said:
LordPerucho said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

I mean BnHA did start off pretty well but it took a while to get good enough to warrant the hype

OPM Episode 1 had a mixed reaction and the show slowly started getting mainstream popularity.

It didnt have the big boost like SNK had, I noticed people started talking so much about OPM when Episode 5 was released(which featured the sparring).

Nov 27, 2015 1:43 PM
Mar 2014
LordPerucho said:
omfgplzstop said:

OPM Episode 1 had a mixed reaction and the show slowly started getting mainstream popularity.

It didnt have the big boost like SNK had, I noticed people started talking so much about OPM when Episode 5 was released(which featured the sparring).

Well, my bad then. Thanks for correcting me lol. Anyway, I actually hope BnHA gets the same reception tbh. I don't mind it when shows I like become mainstream, and good shows becoming mainstream helps introduce more people to anime as a whole so yeah.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 27, 2015 2:01 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah, people also about it in my uni quite often. That's the first time an anime is known by ~10% of my friends since AoT.It's populairity imo is imo mainly due to:
  • The Superhero genre: Like DG said, it's by far the most popular genre in the West currently (just look at The Avengers or Age Of Ultron or Captain America or The Ant Man, not to mention the hype surrounding the Upcoming Batman Vs Superman)
  • Memes: They are everywhere really. Just like with AoT's massively popular Opening and its countless parodies on Youtube, the overabundance of OPM's memes over the interwebs is really raising the public's awareness of it.
  • Animation quality for the anime and Art for the manga.
Nov 27, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
The super hero genre is the greatest , most popular and universal genre in existence. Literally everyone in the world knows Superman, Batman, Spiderman. OPM being mainly a superhero parody (it also paraodies battle shonen (mainly DBZ) and mahou shoujo on one occasion) makes it easily watchable for non anime fans. The great animation, Saitama being op would also contribute to the appeal .
Yeah this.
Nov 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
Because it's good.

Nov 27, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
'Cuz it's closer to a comic, it's like superman/hulk/thor an no weeaboo japan shit.
Nov 27, 2015 7:16 PM
Oct 2015
Dorian-201 said:

Really? Maybe it might depend on where you live but not many people knew what Attack On Titan was at my school but OPM on the other hand.... Just wow.

Lap1 said:
'Cuz it's closer to a comic, it's like superman/hulk/thor an no weeaboo japan shit.

very true. Not the typical Japanese style anime that you see.
Nov 27, 2015 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
No idea. :/ I have no desire to watch a show where the MC looks like an egg.

I know I'm shallow lol

Nov 27, 2015 7:56 PM

May 2015
Chiibi said:

I know I'm shallow lol

That's exactly why I have yet to watch OPM. I don't like to watch anime with shit art style or stupid- looking main characters. I'm not an elitist, because I don't really care what other people value in anime. I speak for myself.

Nov 27, 2015 7:58 PM

Sep 2009
Nymphias said:
Chiibi said:

I know I'm shallow lol

That's exactly why I have yet to watch OPM. I don't like to watch anime with shit art style or stupid- looking main characters. I'm not an elitist, because I don't really care what other people value in anime. I speak for myself.

I don't watch Mushishi because the MC has a square face and a pig-nose.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 27, 2015 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Nymphias said:

That's exactly why I have yet to watch OPM. I don't like to watch anime with shit art style or stupid- looking main characters.

I GET THAT.
I absolutely get that. Glad I'm not alone. :D Also if OPM is more like an American comic, I probably won't like it. Never been a fan of those.....I'll watch superhero movies but I have to be bored.

MortalMelancholy said:
I don't watch Mushishi because the MC has a square face and a pig-nose..

Lol

Nov 27, 2015 8:11 PM

May 2015
Chiibi said:
Also if OPM is more like an American comic, I probably won't like it. Never been a fan of those.....I'll watch superhero movies but I have to be bored..

Oh god. Now it just sounds horrible. I really don't think I will watch it.

Nov 27, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2008
Haha well....

Plot Summary: One-Punch Man is a super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily.

I'm thinking "nope". Perhaps it IS good....but I'm more interested in far too many shows as it is....and that doesn't appeal to me.

Nov 27, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
Nymphias said:
Chiibi said:
Also if OPM is more like an American comic, I probably won't like it. Never been a fan of those.....I'll watch superhero movies but I have to be bored..

Its definitely not that bad tbh. I think its best to at least watch the first episode before making a conclusion on the series quality overall. As the cliché says, don't judge a book by its cover.
Nov 27, 2015 8:28 PM

May 2014
It tends to happen with quality anime
AoT was an exception, of course, but anomalies are nothing new
Nov 27, 2015 8:32 PM
Feb 2013
Superheroes are pretty popular in the West, so that could be a reason.
Nov 27, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Nymphias said:
Chiibi said:

It's not like that, just cause it has heroes doesn't mean it's like an american comic.
Nov 27, 2015 9:22 PM

Feb 2014
MurdocJones said:
Superheroes are pretty popular in the West, so that could be a reason.

Yeah I think this is a large factor with the current super hero boom.
Nov 27, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
Nymphias said:
Chiibi said:

>not a Swifty
>Hates American comics
>A SAOfag

cmon man dont be such a meme
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 27, 2015 10:49 PM
Nov 2015
It's basically DBZ without everything that made DBZ terrible. No surprise it's popular in America.
Nov 27, 2015 11:02 PM
Apr 2015
Nymphias said:
Chiibi said:

I know I'm shallow lol

you say that, but why did you watch SAO then
Nov 28, 2015 1:39 AM

May 2015
The Superhero boom.

Superheroes are now big in the West thanks to Marvel/DC. One Punch Man is a satire of that and so it has a built-in audience that will care even if they're not into anime.

Also, the premise is catchy.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 30, 2015 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Hrybami said:

You gave shinsekai yori a ten, and the animation in that show is shit. I don't think you are very consistent in how you rate things.

Wrong.

The animation in Shinsekai yori is superb. It was only shit for two episodes and that was because of the guest director who worked on those episodes. Not to mention that the bad animation in those episodes are still better than the horrible One Punch Fag. I vomited when I watched the first episode and I definitely regret it.

Other than that, Shinsekai yori had speechless background ambience and dark scenery which demonstrate how well a 10 suit well with Shinsekai yori.
Dec 1, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2013
Thread Moved and Cleaned

Removed spam and reaction gifs/videos.
Dec 1, 2015 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
Because it's awesome and legit fun anime to see and get into?

OPM has a simple premise and a simple execution, it's fun and also manages to be surprising with deep episodes like episode 9

It certainly warranted the current popularity due to being a great gateway anime
Dec 1, 2015 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
the hype ass opening

dbz had one,
aot had one,
op had one,
all western favorites.

Dec 1, 2015 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
Hrybami said:
The animation in Shinsekai yori is superb. It was only shit for two episodes and that was because of the guest director who worked on those episodes. Not to mention that the bad animation in those episodes are still better than the horrible One Punch Fag. I vomited when I watched the first episode and I definitely regret it.

There's constructive criticism and then there's crap like this posted by masochists that force themselves to watch shows they know they're gonna dislike which are made by a studio they hate.
Dec 2, 2015 12:05 AM
Oct 2010
Hrybami said:
PoeticJustice said:

Wrong.

Other than that, Shinsekai yori had speechless background ambience and dark scenery which demonstrate how well a 10 suit well with Shinsekai yori.
I tried to read/watch Shinsekai yori but got bored half way through. Soorry man, that shows so slow and boring I almost fell asleep while watching that. Regardless of how good it is later on, I still don't care because the premise sucks ass.
I was like "wut is this shit?" then I dropped the whole thing like a coconut in a tree
asanez2008Dec 2, 2015 1:11 PM
Dec 2, 2015 1:06 AM

Mar 2012
Use the spoiler tag!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.