Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2015 11:47 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jack the Drought? Such a weird name for a mammoth lol

Quite a revelation about the gas weapon this chapter~
Nov 27, 2015 12:27 AM
Oct 2014
Jack the Drought. A name quite contradictive to his mammoth appearance indeed.

Judging from his past silhouette appearances before this, I can assume to confirm that Jack is an Ancient Zoan User. Nice to see another Ancient Zoan besides Drake after a while and kinda ironic (since Drake seems to be also working under Kaido).

Two (possibly) Ancient Zoans under Kaido, and the artificial Zoan users that we saw in this chapter. Kaidou has quite the collection of beasts in his crew!
bkim999Nov 27, 2015 2:20 AM
Nov 27, 2015 12:37 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Would they have been able to win if they didn't have a gas weapon? I don't think so.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Nov 27, 2015 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
Very interested in Jack's abilities. His name is very different from appearance.

Disappointed at the lack of Sanji info :(

Seeing the SH's faces when Luffy tried to talk about the ninja was funny.
Nov 27, 2015 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, so that Raizo did something pretty bad to Kaido... Thought after the fall of Doffy, recovering Cesar would be his top priority. Nice chapter, not much going on, but the narrative is progressing, and i like it.
Nov 27, 2015 12:51 AM
Jan 2015
the mink's leader seems badass !! liking his character already..

And Jack is Kaidou's right hand man ? I See..that make sense then..so that's why he seems so desperate to get back doflamingo
Nov 27, 2015 12:54 AM

Mar 2014
Wow, dat Jack dehype. First time we get to actually see him and he's a scrub. Minks>Kaido's VC's crew. I just don't even....

All of a sudden Sanji punching on with Jack doesn't seem so impressive.

And I don't know what to think of the Duke, Luffy said he's strong but he also said that for Hyouzou (and Fuji). So what is he, fodder level or Admiral level?
Nov 27, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
So Jack is the Mammoth and is called Jack the Drought. No mercy at all.
Good to see that the Minks can hold their own.
Jack using Cesears poison weapon on Zou.
The Duke sure is one massive dog mink.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 27, 2015 1:09 AM

Feb 2015
frankykun13 said:

+1
G_Spark233 said:

again +1
the lack of Sanji info really disappointed me...
i thought we'll finally hear about him..

Nov 27, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
More Oda trolling XD "
"U wanted to know about Sanji?"
"Nope I'll just give u one more hint. Caesar's poison was the reason for Jack's victory."

So ur telling me Inurashi was on par with Jack if not for the poison? O_o Damn! Either he's friggin strong or Jack is a scrub. How the hell did Jack sink 2 Marine ships when he's just a Mammoth? ^^;

But well nice info about there being 3 calamities. I wonder if Drake is one of them.
And there are 3 Musketeers too? Cool.
Nov 27, 2015 1:49 AM
Sep 2014
Jack is ruthless as f*ck

Doesnt give a f*** against eldersbchildrens and women and peace talk just pure badaasss.
Nov 27, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
Meh I just want Sanji. The cover page was nice tho c:
Nov 27, 2015 2:09 AM

Sep 2014
jack is such an asshole!!!!!!!
and lol he would have got his ass kicked if he did not use the poison weapon!!
his mammoth form is lame as fuck
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Nov 27, 2015 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
A mammoth named Jack, Marauders form Warhammer, Luffy being dumb as usual...
Nov 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't realise Jack was Kaidous right hand man. Hory shet. This gun b gud.

Ceasars gas, oh no.

I like this island, giving me that one piece feel of adventure :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 27, 2015 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one let down a bit by this?
Nov 27, 2015 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
So Jack is Kaidou right hand men.Nice. Caesar gas. Is it one the same one in Punk Hazard?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 27, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2014
jimbob1141 said:
I didn't realise Jack was Kaidous right hand man. Hory shet. This gun b gud.
He might not be. We have to wait for PowerManga's translations 'cause MangaStream are notorious for screw-ups.

metsujin said:
Am I the only one let down a bit by this?

Nope, it was a roflmao-worthy chapter.
Nov 27, 2015 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
Usopp Pirates Tears of happiness. X) Now entire Village knows about Usopp adventures. and Kaya get's more beautiful....Usopp is one Lucky Bastard when he returns home.

Wait Jack is Mammoth? so..it was not the Morgan? pooh.

ANd Luffy...there is being Dumb....and THERE US BEING INSENSITIVE AND SERIOUSLY DUMB!!!! F***ING MORON!!!!!

These fillers are filled with quite interesting information...I am liking these chapter more and more. but what happened to Sanji!!!

So this is somewhat the Power of the Kaidou Pirates that have power of the SMILE/SAD...artificial Zoan Fruits.

JarjaxleNov 27, 2015 3:43 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 27, 2015 4:30 AM
Sep 2012
Well a straight through chapter, a flashback on what to his land, and dam Jack looks scary. I do think that Jack is the villain of this arc, which I think is going to be a short arc.

Chopper looked right a home here, this was a fun chapter.
Nov 27, 2015 4:46 AM

Mar 2015
I don't know why but I'm interested on this arc.

I think all crew member of Kaidou is Zoan user. How scary~ >_<
Nov 27, 2015 5:00 AM

Mar 2014
The repugnant attack .
Musketeers and captain of all minks .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2014
I guess some more progress?
Not too happy but not too disappointed either.
Feels like Animal Kingdom vs Animal Pirates.
hot squirrel nurse
Nov 27, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
Meh ... still not very impressed.

Oda can do much better than that.
Nov 27, 2015 6:34 AM

Sep 2014
Jack is a mammoth, what the fuck o.O
Was nice seeing Kaya again, reminds of the good ol' times~
Nov 27, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2015
It was an ok/interesting chapter. I liked the design of the Musketeer he looked kinda cool. Other than that there is still so many open questions.
Nov 27, 2015 7:34 AM
Jan 2014
Since we didn't get to see first hand what happened between duke and jack, it can be that jack sent his men first as we saw and the minks and the Duke had the upper hand against them. But if Jack himself was in then Inuarashi is really impressive. And he is the Duke of day! Duke of night should be even stronger.
SNSConnectionNov 27, 2015 3:03 PM
Nov 27, 2015 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
This chapter compared to the previous was much better.
Nov 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Jan 2015
A shocking revelation?? Not really...
Nov 27, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2011
jack the drought hes kaidous right hand that mamoth .....
so raizo did something to kidou
no info about snji
so mink tribe is so strong they can beat that mamoth but ceasars gas weapon dstroyed them so thats means tht mmoth isnt strong ...
Nov 27, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
We got information on what happened to the Minks when Jack invaded, and it turns out Caesar's poison destroyed the country.

Not a terrible chapter, but not amazing (but not every single chapter can be amazing, so whatever). It was nice to get some more background information and to see some new characters, but hopefully we get some Sanji-related info soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
Tobinami said:
frankykun13 said:

+1
G_Spark233 said:

again +1
the lack of Sanji info really disappointed me...
i thought we'll finally hear about him..

+1

This chapter was better than the last. Luffy's face was hilarious after getting beaten up. Classic stuff.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Nov 27, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
Lol Jack looks like complete shit now XD
G4 luffy should be able to beat Jack if this dog can give him a hard time XD
And this guy thought he could beat an admiral?
Nov 27, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
So Oda...about Sanji? lol

Lol at Luffy getting beat up, all hell is gonna break loose once Kinemon shows up.

Jack's a grade A asshole.
Nov 27, 2015 2:57 PM

Nov 2010
ichii_1 said:

And how exactly do you know how strong the dog is? You're just assuming he can't be for example G4 Luffy or even admiral level because...?

We have NO REASON to believe that minks can't be as powerful as a yonkou crew. You just assume that, well, since they are not pirates,marines, revos or WG, they must be weak.

Apparently you can't be a high/top tier if you're not in one of those four groups.
Nov 27, 2015 3:28 PM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:
ichii_1 said:

And how exactly do you know how strong the dog is? You're just assuming he can't be for example G4 Luffy or even admiral level because...?

We have NO REASON to believe that minks can't be as powerful as a yonkou crew. You just assume that, well, since they are not pirates,marines, revos or WG, they must be weak.

Apparently you can't be a high/top tier if you're not in one of those four groups.

It would be completely out of nowhere to put the Minks on that high powerlevel, we knew regular Fishman are 10 times stronger than Humans and that was terrifying at the time, but also a testiment to Luffys crew and their power for taking them down.

All of sudden humans like Aokiji got introduced and the Fishman powerlevels became unreliable, but even among them are guys like Jinbe.

However we do not know anything about the Minks, and it would come out of left field to introduce them as that awesome force that´s compareable to the 3 big forces that control this fictional world. It would be terrible writing.

For example the same does not apply to Wano Kuni and the Samurai, they´ve already displayed some unique traits and abilties (cutting fire) and were teased to be that awesome fightning force the WG wants on their side because of their ability. There is some foreshadowing to them being competent we just don´t know their potential yet. them having admiral level fighter wouldn´t be a surprise.

Making some random Mink duke a powerhouse compareable to the strongest forces in the series is bad writing.
Nov 27, 2015 4:33 PM

Nov 2010
No, it's not bad writing by any means. You're argument basically comes down to "it wasn't foreshadowed or hinted at so it's bad writing" and "you can't be a powerhouse unless you're a marine/pirate/etc" That's just flawed logic. You're forcing cliches to make what you think is a well written story and call bad writing something that goes against them.

Their land is basically considered a fable, there are barely any minks around the world (unlike fishman or giants). If they are powerhouses that are not interested in leaving their island, being pirates etc. but just living a peaceful life and being left alone, it's only normal there wouldn't be much hype about them in the world. And how would anyone know how strong they are if their home changes location all the time and is hard to get to, and the most powerful minks don't leave it?

There is no rule that says a high/top tier must be a well-known big shot in the world.
Dahaka_Nov 27, 2015 4:40 PM
Nov 27, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:

There is no rule that says a high/top tier must be a well-known big shot in the world.

Which is proven by the aforementioned Samurai. We didn´t knew anything about Samurai untill recently, Zorro´s swordsmanship is inspired by them so is his school and his way of life/philosphy. Pride/devotion towards his leader and so on.

However we never knew if Samurai do exist within the universe of One Piece. With Kinemon´s introduction we learned about them, but we also learned that the world government is specifically interested in them because they are powerful. They are also secluded like the Minks, but still some "insider". Fujitora knew anyway and told the reader, hey those guys are strong, strong enough that the world government has an interest in them.
None of that applies to the Minks, which would make it badly written if Oda would pull them out of his ass. It´s no deus ex machina if they don´t actually solve the problem, yet it´s cheap writing. So they don´t wanna rule but they behave hostile towards strangers? Why? If they are that strong as you imply no one should wanna fuck with them. as we clearly saw that´s not the deal people don´t bother with taking them down, so making them overly awesome would diminish the hype for Kaidos crew and make another Doflamingo bunch of imbeciles crew.

Hey Zorro take em all on alone, they are no big deal just Kaido is.

What I also do not get, how Oda tries to make numbers significant when CoC Haki exists that makes them obsolete in the long run.

I just hope its revealed that Jack´s a major dick and only used the poison Gas to try it out because he sees them as worthles.Seriosuly we´ve seen enough dicks in this manga and everyone pisses Luffy off till he makes friends with them (Bellamy), but if the guy is a real asshole he may take the cake.
Nov 27, 2015 5:23 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:

It would be completely out of nowhere to put the Minks on that high powerlevel, we knew regular Fishman are 10 times stronger than Humans and that was terrifying at the time, but also a testiment to Luffys crew and their power for taking them down.
All of sudden humans like Aokiji got introduced and the Fishman powerlevels became unreliable, but even among them are guys like Jinbe.

No it's not lmao. We know little about them and they haven't even been in combat, fishman have nothing to do with it if Minks are 20x or whatever.

Also, I'm pretty sure Fishman were just 10x physically stronger.

However we do not know anything about the Minks, and it would come out of left field to introduce them as that awesome force that´s compareable to the 3 big forces that control this fictional world. It would be terrible writing.

It was never stated they were one of the "big three forces that control this fictional world", their subordinates to one of the many people who control this fictional world, Kaido. This is the new world anyway, bigger stakes.
ashfrliebertNov 27, 2015 5:26 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Nov 27, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:

Which is proven by the aforementioned Samurai. We didn´t knew anything about Samurai untill recently, Zorro´s swordsmanship is inspired by them so is his school and his way of life/philosphy. Pride/devotion towards his leader and so on.

However we never knew if Samurai do exist within the universe of One Piece. With Kinemon´s introduction we learned about them, but we also learned that the world government is specifically interested in them because they are powerful. They are also secluded like the Minks, but still some "insider". Fujitora knew anyway and told the reader, hey those guys are strong, strong enough that the world government has an interest in them.

...This makes them big shots, as in "strong and important". But regardless, this still doesn't necessarily make it rule.

None of that applies to the Minks, which would make it badly written if Oda would pull them out of his ass.

The "we didn't know about them" does, actually. We still don't know much about them. We knew from thriller bark that "they existed" and that Ryuma was there, that's little to none. Oda calls them strong, they are strong. That's pretty much how being strong in a fictional story works. You have to tell your audience your strong in some way.

We were introduced to the Minks a few chapters ago, and so what? You don't have to be authority in the series to be strong, that's not a rule. And you don't have to be mentioned in the series prior to be strong, neither.

It´s no deus ex machina if they don´t actually solve the problem, yet it´s cheap writing. So they don´t wanna rule but they behave hostile towards strangers? Why? If they are that strong as you imply no one should wanna fuck with them. as we clearly saw that´s not the deal people don´t bother with taking them down, so making them overly awesome would diminish the hype for Kaidos crew and make another Doflamingo bunch of imbeciles crew.

The person who fucks with him, as said, is a subordinate to one of the strongest people in the series. Soo..

What I also do not get, how Oda tries to make numbers significant when CoC Haki exists that makes them obsolete in the long run.

Few people have actually been shown to have CoC, but regardless, the point is that CoC doesn't effect strong willed people. Short for "Plot relevant" people, the numbers matter from a story perspective and not necessarily an "active role" one.
ashfrliebertNov 27, 2015 5:43 PM
Nov 27, 2015 6:53 PM

Sep 2013
Dahaka_ said:
ichii_1 said:

It's not about groups, it's about one of kaido's best men getting his ass handed to him if it wasn't for the gas.

Base Luffy already fought with some guardians earlier, this day boss is nothing compared to g4, one of kaido's best man should easily deal with these minks.
Jack is only abit above pica level.
Maybe the night boss will be closer depending on how more powerful they get at night.
There is no reason for jack to get pushed this hard.
Nov 27, 2015 8:10 PM

Nov 2010
Just as people said, why do you have to think that Jack should be super strong because he's Kaido's right hand man? Blackbeard is a yonkou, and we can say that his right hand man is Burgess, do you think Burgess is that powerful? Even Zoro can beat him, let alone Luffy. Maybe we can say that Jack is much stronger than any of the Minks but the Minks could have been way above his subordinates. You see how their fighters attack Zoro earlier. And then there is the Duke, which even Luffy believe to be strong. Maybe the Minks got the upperhand because of their numbers that's why Jack uses gas. Maybe Jack also used this gas against the Marines that's why he's managed to sink two ships.There is no need to be frustrated that the Minks are strong, it doesn't mean that Jack is weak, it just mean that the strong people are not limited to pirates belonging to a yonkou, shichibukai, and marine headquarters. You should've realized this much when you've heard of the Wano and the Hapo Navy.
People dont fear GOd, for fear itself is God.
Nov 27, 2015 10:28 PM
Jan 2015
seriously..shouldn't this kind of dicussion wait until at least u see Jack's power or such..we doesn't even know the extend of Jack's power..and besides ,Mink just got an upper hand ,nothing more.. that doesn't mean this mink's leader is stronger than Jack /such . It is only merely the state of their battle before Jack brings out Caesar's weapon
Nov 28, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 2010
ichii_1 said:
Dahaka_ said:

It's not about groups, it's about one of kaido's best men getting his ass handed to him if it wasn't for the gas.

Base Luffy already fought with some guardians earlier, this day boss is nothing compared to g4, one of kaido's best man should easily deal with these minks.
Maybe the night boss will be closer depending on how more powerful they get at night.

Once again, how do you know how strony the duke is if he hasn't shown any feats? It's just impossible to tell. Guardian's power level has nothing do with it.

I mean seriously, at this point you're not pleased because Oda didn't go the cliche "badass bigshot stomps the nation of innocent furries" way.

Jack had a lot to take care of, two dukes, three musketeers, the guardians. Sheepshead was one shot by Sanji, so he's close to fodder. Jack had to take all, or at least them most, of them alone, which makes sense that he would have problems seeing how the minks are portrayed so far. I mean seriously, the fodder of kaidos grew (Pleasures) were one shot by elders milfs, and kids, they are faaaar away from being weak like most of the nations of one piece.
Nov 28, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
Pandaman was on that first page. Looks like he's been a mink this whole time. Makes sense.

And why do people assume thatthe minks aren't strong. They didn't come out of nowhere. Oda has planned on this probably a while before Bepo was even introduced. Last time Luffy commented on someone looking strong it was Fujitora. He's seems to be a pretty good judge of strength. The Duke could be really strong. Especially if he is supposed to be the strongest fighter in their whole race. I could see him being Jimbei level.
Nov 29, 2015 5:00 AM
Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
Dahaka_ said:

And you're basing this on what? There is absolutely zero evidence as to how strong Jack or Inuarashi are, so this is just premature speculation on your part.
People in this thread are bashing on the Minks for NO reason at all.
Yes, base Luffy has fought with a guardian Mink, yet he hasn't been shown to have any advantage at all eventhough that Mink was wounded and bandaged from the previous ongoings on Zou.
The other guardian who was also bandaged and had a seemingly broken arm that he was unable to use, one-shotted Jean Bart who we can assume to be one of Law's strongest fighters.
Carrot casually dodged Zoro's attack and went in for a counterattack that Zoro just barely managed to parry, he still got hit by her electrifying powers.
Considering those were only your random Minks, we can only imagine how strong the Musketeers and ESPECIALLY the Dukes must be.
The old Mink in this chapter got hit full-on by Jack's massive trunk and came back 2 pages later without any scratches at all. Even Jack was surprised as seen on the same panel. Everything we've seen so far points towards the Minks being a very strong tribe that can hold their own.

Also, people seem to forget that Jack was the only notable fighter from Kaido's crew on Zou. The rest was just a bunch of regular low-tier fighters plus Sheepshead, who we have seen was put to shame by both, Brook and Sanji.
So we can assume that Jack potentially had to fight the Musketeers and both Dukes all by himself. Not unlikely for the Mink's to have the upper hand in this scenario tbh.
toX91Nov 29, 2015 5:08 AM
Nov 29, 2015 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
The lack of info about Sanji in this chapter has made me very disappointed. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 2014
You people are a bunch of clowns, we know Jack is admiral level (or at the very least stronger than Doflamingo). The fact that the Minks think they would break even if an all out war started on the island (if it weren't for the gas weapon), shows you just how fucking strong these Minks are (NOT THE OPPOSITE YOU IDIOTS). Remember, this is the fucking new world we're talking about here...

G4 Luffy himself claims the Duke of day to be strong, even after beating doffy (there's your first fucking clue).
And you saw the look on Zoro's face when that rabbit mink 1st attacked him.
There's more than enough evidence supporting that the minks are not just some push overs.
Dec 3, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
uhh why isnt 809 out yet
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 9, 2015 1:37 PM

May 2015
shnaide said:
Just as people said, why do you have to think that Jack should be super strong because he's Kaido's right hand man? Blackbeard is a yonkou, and we can say that his right hand man is Burgess, do you think Burgess is that powerful? Even Zoro can beat him, let alone Luffy. Maybe we can say that Jack is much stronger than any of the Minks but the Minks could have been way above his subordinates.

I'm with the the10tailed wolf in this issue, why can't the minks just be super strong like Jack? It's pretty simple.

But yes, I think Burgess is super strong because he's a main member of Blackbeard's crew(although not *as* powerful), I just don't see why we can't accept someone being almost as strong. But yes, I agree about his subordinates.
ashfrliebertDec 9, 2015 1:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

35 by otakuweek »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.