Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2015 6:41 AM

Mar 2015
I was just surfing through the internet when i stumbled upon a very unusual theory. The Theory was about Mihawk, that he was gonna die. The reasoning of the writer was quite fabulous.

I was myself thinking that it was time that Mihawk's ' Strongest Swordsman', title needed to be inherited by someone else of that generation and it was time he died. But surely he wont die of a disease or something, that would be unclimatic. Obviously Zoro was going to defeat him.

Another thing i noticed was that in the manga, there is a lot mentioning of that reverie, which was going to be held. I think Oda is up to something and a new world shattering war is going to take place in which Luffy will claim the title of the Yonkou!

Please Guys I want input from you guys!!!!!!!
The link of the theory i stumbled upon is : http://onepieceworld1.jimdo.com/theories-and-opinions/foreshadowing-mihawk-s-death/
Nov 24, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2014
Cbf reading the theory. Is it about Shiryuu killing him and becomming WSS? And he also kills Jozu and eats the diamond fruit? As much as I promoted this theory way back when, I've come to hate the shit out of it. Mihawk vs. Zoro is something that MUST happen, otherwise Oda fucked us royally. A promise spanning 800+ chapters and not happening? I'm getting angry thinking about it.
Nov 24, 2015 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
Hey ! We think so alike. If Zoro isnt gonna defeat Mihawk it would be like 800+ chapters were just shit. Ever since Mihawk appeared at the Don Krieg's Armada, I have been just waiting like forever for that fucking fight. I would just love Mihawk loosing its title to Zoro, and see it happening. Would you not agree?
Nov 24, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
blankis1 said:
Hey ! We think so alike. If Zoro isnt gonna defeat Mihawk it would be like 800+ chapters were just shit. Ever since Mihawk appeared at the Don Krieg's Armada, I have been just waiting like forever for that fucking fight. I would just love Mihawk loosing its title to Zoro, and see it happening. Would you not agree?
Mah nigga.
Nov 24, 2015 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
Ziggy, I just opened that site again and browsed through, there i found some other theories, you need them to see too. Some of them were like "WTF, This could happen too".
Though what do you think of that reverie idea.
BTW that OBAMA is like .....<3
Nov 24, 2015 8:43 PM

Sep 2012
So the guy does have a point, however, he just says "It's Shiliew of the Rain" giving no evidence showing he's the one that's going to do it.

I agree with those that say Red Haired Shanks will die before Luffy gets to fight him. I know it's the New World and anything can happen, but it still would bother me to have Mihawk die before his confrontation with Zorro.

I do agree that Mihawk needs more story time. He's an excellent character that we know very little about. I'd trade the Hody flashbacks, the Rin Rin Long arc and several of Sanji's nosebleeds for them...oh, and Caribou's New World cover stories.
Nov 25, 2015 3:23 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
Cbf reading the theory. Is it about Shiryuu killing him and becomming WSS? And he also kills Jozu and eats the diamond fruit? As much as I promoted this theory way back when, I've come to hate the shit out of it. Mihawk vs. Zoro is something that MUST happen, otherwise Oda fucked us royally. A promise spanning 800+ chapters and not happening? I'm getting angry thinking about it.

Simple as that, I´ve read the theory way back on Orojackson, it promoted itself through the claim of Mr1 what Zorro is gonna cut next.

Hated it immediately, it would be a copout never showing what was promised and telling us, you like this way more, you don´t wanna see Zorro vs Mihawk you wanna see Zorro vs the guy that beat Mihawk.

I´m also a supporter of Kuina being alive and Tashigi, that way Zorro could have a rematch with the one he never could beat. Because technically if Kuina is actually dead she took her wins into her grave and he´ll never can claim to be better than her.
Nov 25, 2015 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:

I´m also a supporter of Kuina being alive and Tashigi, that way Zorro could have a rematch with the one he never could beat. Because technically if Kuina is actually dead she took her wins into her grave and he´ll never can claim to be better than her.
That'd ruin his original characterisation and his development of giving his life for his captain over his ambition.
Nov 25, 2015 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
If Kuina was alive Zoro would have lost the diginity in his character. The title of Pirate Hunter wont be there anymore.
Nov 25, 2015 4:47 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
That'd ruin his original characterisation and his development of giving his life for his captain over his ambition.

How? In which way do they collide?
Whatever Zorro´s ambition is he´s proven to put Luffy over them twice, that could only be reseted by making Zorro choose his ambition over Luffy´s or his well being.

The development was that Zorro started out claiming that´ll he´ll follow him loyaly but if Luffy´s ambitions would ever get in the way of his dream he´d betray him immediately. Now we´ve seen twice that Zorro would do the opposite.

A.Throw away his dream and die for the men he deems worthy.

B.Even cheat his way up and throw his pride away. although he intended to reach it by himself he asked his bitter rival for assistance for the sake of that man.

C. How does Kuina connect to any of that development by getting beaten by Zorro?

It´s just a cherry on top if it comes to be as Zorro could actually beat her too.
Hell If Oda wants he can place a fight before Mihawk to proof herself.
As for powerlevels Hakuba and Cabbage have also different powerlevels and splitt personalities it´s quite easy to implement that on Tashigi.
Nov 25, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2010
Why do you keep calling him Zorro?
Nov 25, 2015 12:23 PM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:
Why do you keep calling him Zorro?

German pronounciation, whenever I read the volumes it´s written Zorro not Zoro and that stuck. Before you claim what´s wrong or right, that´s how it´s spelled in japanese 怪傑ゾロ.

IsterioNov 25, 2015 12:27 PM
Nov 26, 2015 12:19 AM

Apr 2014
No, Kuina won't be alive, it would be the worst cop out of the decade.
1. That white sword that used to be Kuina's, the onlyy reason Zoro got his hand on it is because he promise to carry on the late Kuina's will to be a great master swordman.
2. The reason Zoro want and desperate about being the world greatest swordman is so that his name would be famous all over the world so that Kuina could hear it from the heaven.
3. One reason why Zoro refrain from cutting a woman is because of Kuina.

All of Zoro trait and personality is build up around Kuina dead, if she were to suddenly revealed to be actually alive then evrything would be pointless.
Nov 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Mar 2015
oh plz, a guy who didn't even get injured WITHOUT any DF ability used during the war with Whitebeard won't just die, if there is 1 guy that will survive (appart from Marco, cmon, him dying from that so claimed WB junior is almost as rediculous as this), it's gotta be him.

So no, he ain't gonna die, not even against Zoro, Zoro will win the battle in a few years (manga timeline), but Mihawk won't even be killed, 100% sure.
Nov 26, 2015 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
I think Zoro will defeat him but not kill him. I could see Shanks dying before meeting Luffy, but that would really suck to me, they have to meet, if not i would be very disappointed. Even if they meet during a battle in which Shanks dies in. I'm seeing Shanks as an important ally in the end game of the series and the huge world war, considering Luffy is carrying on Rogers will and Roger being Shanks captain.

Kuina being alive would be an awful idea. And yes this reverie is gonna cause some shit for sure. We more than likely won't find out until after Zou though. However if Oda's general format is to go by, the arc after Zou will be the first big arc of the new world, where all the post arc things will culminate and shit will hit the fan properly. I can't wait :D

Also if Jack is with Kaidou and Luffy is gonna take out Jack, well, do the math, Jack doesn't seem like some random ally he is definitely important and Kaidou isn't stand for shit obviously. Then we got Sanji doing whatever. I can see this somehow ending in a war between Big Mam and Kaidou, i would condone that :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 2, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2015
ziggy_Z said:

I completely understand the Shiryuu-Zoro parrel as a result of the Blackbeard-Straw-Hat parallel, but there is no way Zoro-Mihawk doesn't happen. It is the characters goal, I really understand how Blackbeard is being built up, but Shiryuu simply doesn't have the sheer relevance Mihawk has. It's one of those things that kinda has to happen.

Kuina is rendered pointless by the fact Mihawk exist, now. Well, Kuina isn't pointless since she gave him the goal in the first place, but Mihawk is the one he surpasses for Kuina. I've said before, there is really no loose ends and no point in bringing back flashback character again. His goal is to become world's greatest swordsman, not to defeat Kuina. And despite that originally being his goal, he doesn't need to go back to it, because she's dead. Lol.

As for it actually being foreshadowed, I wouldn't say a skull and cross is enough to draw a conclusion from and I'd say this is way too far out-there. I find Mihawk way too important a goal to be recycled and replaced, personally. And looking for foreshadowing in color spreads is kinda silly.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.