Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 22, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp and we get some Natsu action already in this chapter.

Time for him to face Zeref although I think it might be a bit early. That confidence on Natsu's face though. Zeref vs Natsu next time~
Nov 22, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2012
Chapter's not out yet right? So we're just going off raws now? Well alright, for future reference I guess...

So Natsu took out nearly 1,000 troops eh? Still, this can't end well for him. Things seem to be going rather fast now...
Nov 22, 2015 9:57 PM

Jun 2013
Where the hell did you guys read the chapter?
Nov 22, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2012
metsujin said:
Where the hell did you guys read the chapter?

I haven't, just read a spoiler synopsis and glanced the raw korean pages. As far as I know it's not even out in English yet. Personally I make sure to wait for a translation before posting a new thread, but I guess stark didn't care as he made a thread anyway so I responded. That or he already found a translated version, but given his habit of posting episode discussion threads as they finish airing in Japan before they're even subtitled I sincerely doubt that.

EDIT: Chapter's out now btw.
animefan8800Nov 23, 2015 12:48 AM
Nov 23, 2015 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Gray not wanting Natsu to be alone.
Natsu going crazy against those soldiers.
Zeref and Natsu face-to-face.
Looks like Natsu is removing his bandages around his arm.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 23, 2015 1:22 AM

Nov 2013
A badass chapter. My man Natsu wrecking shit here and there and it wasn't even 10% of what he can.
The art, the moves, the attacks = Well done Hiro.

Loved how Gray went tsundere mode when he said he cares about Natsu. xD One of the best bromance ever!

And here we go! Zeref and Natsu finally meeting again. The cliffhanger of the best part thouh. -_-
Show us his arm finally man!!
Nov 23, 2015 1:31 AM
Nov 2015
Awesome. So Natsu and Zeref meet already huh. Anyhow, I don't think they'll clash for real now. Still that cliffhanger! What's underneath the bandage? E.N.D? Dragon form?

Also, there is no way Natsu can't defeat Ajeel in a few strong hits, judging from what we've seen during Ikasatsunagi and what we saw just now.
Nov 23, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2015
Great chapter. Natsu takes them head on! It's really nice to see that Natsu is way stronger then before, it gives me hope. I'm really excited about his and Zeref's meeting.
Nov 23, 2015 1:38 AM

Sep 2014
Natsu vs Zeref already...I wonder what he's got up his sleeve.
Nov 23, 2015 1:38 AM
Nov 2015
Ozymandias20 said:
Great chapter. Natsu takes them head on! It's really nice to see that Natsu is way stronger then before, it gives me hope. I'm really excited about his and Zeref's meeting.

PREDICTION :
Natsu : *removing his bandages*
Zeref : Stop, I'm your brother!
Natsu : ...*Runs away in tears to FT*
Nov 23, 2015 1:41 AM
Nov 2015
nerfx said:
Natsu vs Zeref already...I wonder what he's got up his sleeve.

Natsu and Zeref HOPEFULLY won't happen so soon O_O

Mashima will become Trollshima and find out a way to interrupt their fight somehow. I mean, like 11 MORE Spriggans are left along with ACNOLOGIA.
Nov 23, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2008
And off come the bandages. Guess we'll now see what everyone else is doing in the meantime. Natsu and Zeref will be the main event.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 23, 2015 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
so Natsu is gonna use his secret technique on Zeref soon? hype as fuck
Nov 23, 2015 1:57 AM
Sep 2014
I really wonder what Hiro has planned for the rest of this series that is clearly in its final arcs. This chapter was good, but it seems to be just going through the motions.

By the way, when is the FT movie?
Nov 23, 2015 1:59 AM

Aug 2013
Fire Dragon's Roar upgraded ver.
Frie Dragon King's Roar!
Great chap, hype for next
Nov 23, 2015 2:01 AM
Dec 2014
your guys forgot that Mangapanda is doing them again ( which means who ever was arrested was just a scapegoat and nothing more )
Nov 23, 2015 2:44 AM

Aug 2012
Natsu going in and wrecking them fodders. Next week we get to see what's under those bandages he's been covering.
Nov 23, 2015 2:51 AM
Oct 2013
4/5 good chapter did what it was meant to do, no bullshit.
GJ Hiro.
Nov 23, 2015 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
Just a transitional chapter, nothing of interest happens.

It is sad that Natsu's "super secret weapon" is bound to fail and the gary stu gray gets to go "I told you guyse"

Part of me is sad that huge part of chapters was pretty much padding to end on that scene, because we have to wait another week to find out what Natsu is hiding behind the cloth and w/e new info we might learn about them.
Nov 23, 2015 3:24 AM
Sep 2012
Well a straight forward chapter. Is Erza an idiot? What Natsu did was beyond reckless and stupid, this is Zeref, just leave Zeref to Natsu, do you know how nonchalant that sounds. I am with Gray on this.

The rest of the chapter is Natsu beating up some foot soldiers, I am surprised there was no strong enemy that showed up to get in Natsu, you are just going to leave your emperors security to lowly foot soldiers?

It ends with Natsu and Zeref come face to face, and that is it. We will see what happens next, I hope Zeref reveals everything to Natsu. It be great is Natsu is captured, and finally the others will have to rescue him and they get their moment of glory with out Natsu hogging everything.
Nov 23, 2015 3:26 AM

Jun 2013
Good chapter. So Natsu calls his attacks Fire Dragon King's... Think its meant as a omage to Igneel.
Nov 23, 2015 3:37 AM

May 2015
well, brothers reunion and could be (not) the final battle
Nov 23, 2015 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
My man Gray the only reasonable dude in that whole retarded guild.

Zeref should have some of his goon kick the shit outta Natsu in mid air back to FT HQ, just teleport in front of him and kick him back, its way too early for those 2 to even meet.
Nov 23, 2015 3:52 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that was kinda short. :/
Nov 23, 2015 3:53 AM

Aug 2008
Finally, Natsu and Zeref face to face.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 23, 2015 5:01 AM
Oct 2015
Okay.. so it's like seeing nothing.. next chapter please.
Nov 23, 2015 5:22 AM

Jun 2013
O__O Gray...wow....you do not believe Natsu anymore..well realistically it is Zeref we are talking about...
Ah...so he was just worried eh? X3

well, of Course small fry do not stand chance against him....but what about Zeref AND his Lieutenants that are with him hmm?

SECRET MOVE UNLEASHED IN NEXT CHAPTER...Yeah, this chappy was like, "Oh, OK..Next Please"

"[b]KARYUU OU no HOKO"
JarjaxleNov 23, 2015 5:32 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 23, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
natsu is on fire
and now natsu face to face with his brother zeref
Nov 23, 2015 5:34 AM
Mar 2015
When gray full buster becomes the only reasonable person in the room. Does it hurt to give natsu backup Mabry someone to keep the 100k soldiers or a general from interfering. And the plan already went off the rails when natsu left. This is not about believing in natsu, its about sending on man to face a quarter of an army. Also why does it matter if grays goes or not, his group is being sent to back up Lamica scale and mermaid heel, they can't spare 1 guy, zeref is the more dangerous threat.

So what's gogin to happen is natsu plan will fail, then and absolute beat down to near death, Lucy sneaks out alone to get him. Brandeis makes her move secure fairy heart. Lucy in close vicinity now in danger triggers natsu rage, enough to bring forth END. ( My personal theory is the split theory) a second entity is created and separates from the natsu we know(decreasing his power). But its more lilky he JSUT becomes etherious form and looses control, unfortunately still not enough to kill zeref. Lucy watches in borrow. Gray sense something wrong and rushes in that direction
Nov 23, 2015 5:47 AM
Mar 2015
They want us to believe natsu is smarter but he always does this headrush thing for the boss,
But I guess he just won't learn, its not like anyone has dies from it
Nov 23, 2015 5:56 AM

Jul 2007
GG, the gray fanbois are here wanking his jerkass behavior this chapter. One of many things on why I am not looking forward to Natsu failing in next few chapters. Gives those idiots more reasons to put that gary stu on pedestal.
Nov 23, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
Alright, let's see what Natsu's got under that wrap on his arm. Gray has a pretty legit perspective, but there's not really anything you can do about the situation now with Natsu already encountering Zeref.

Somehow, I feel like this encounter is gonna be interrupted and delayed for later since this felt really subtle (though very Natus-like). Guess we'll see next chapter.
Nov 23, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2009
CookingPriest said:
GG, the gray fanbois are here wanking his jerkass behavior this chapter. One of many things on why I am not looking forward to Natsu failing in next few chapters. Gives those idiots more reasons to put that gary stu on pedestal.

Gray wasn't acting like a jerk, he was completely reasonable. He said the things he did because he cares about Natsu, who IS his best friend. This shouldn't be about wanking to either of them, but this is what people do with their favorite characters in an action shonen. Gray is far from my favorite character, but holy hot hell am I sick of seeing you and Darklight bitch about him every time he remotely does anything. There is literally nothing he can do that WON'T upset you.
Nov 23, 2015 7:04 AM

Jul 2007
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
CookingPriest said:

Gray wasn't acting like a jerk, he was completely reasonable. He said the things he did because he cares about Natsu, who IS his best friend. This shouldn't be about wanking to either of them, but this is what people do with their favorite characters in an action shonen. Gray is far from my favorite character, but holy hot hell am I sick of seeing you and Darklight bitch about him every time he remotely does anything. There is literally nothing he can do that WON'T upset you.

He was being worried for Natsu yet it is not what gray fanbois in this thread took from that scene. "Omg Gray was being reasonable and thought Natsu was stupid!"

Gray Fans are almost as bad as Slaine fans were in Aldnoah forums

You know what is upsetting? Gray not getting ANY consequences for a free power up and getting whitewashed for leaving Juvia without explanations to the point of her getting sick. That is what is upsetting.
Nov 23, 2015 7:06 AM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:
They want us to believe natsu is smarter but he always does this headrush thing for the boss,

Sums it up, that´s why it would be perfect cliche but fitting development to see Gramps die because Natsu behaved like an idiot and make him grief.

Showing him the repetetive Shounen lesson of together we are stronger, so that he will charge in with the group and they win through a teamattack or something, in the future fight.

A. Develop Natsu actually and not in a pretended manner.

B. Actually bring forth the message of love they try to convey. My parents aren´t with me during an exam I´ve gotta get through it by myself, even if they wish me luck, but when I ask my dad to paint my appartment hes there with me and actually assists me with a problem I face.

Fairy Tail logic convey´s that they are friends and the power comes from their friends because they believe in each other, yet everyone is sitting on their asses and praying, that´s actually bad morals. It doesnt make sense.
What Gray actually proposed would be the reasonable outcome and actually teach morals. Sometimes you cant fix a problem yourself ask for help.
IsterioNov 23, 2015 7:51 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:30 AM

Oct 2009
This is a straightforward but nice transition chapter, where Mashima is showing realistic reactions reflecting on which his readers are thinking.

Sure Gray has the voice of reason to think that and was worried that Natsu was foolishly going to fight Zeref alone.

Erza believes and wants to believe that Natsu rushed off with a plan in mind so puts her trust in him.

Though Mavis is right to not send anyone to back-up Natsu. Since they're already outnumbered and probably outmatched. You shouldn't spread your troops too thin, nor is it wise to send only one or couple of people to back up Natsu, there is not much point in that as you're probably going to lose more people if it fails. And at that stage you may as well go for an all-or-nothing attack, and send everyone to defeat Zeref.

Remember that Zeref is in the West and is the furthest away from Magnolia, where there is imminent danger from the other 3 sides.

And The fastest way and most effective way to win is to take out the enemy leader, which is true as some people mentioned last chapter.

Also waiting for some matchu-ups like possibly Gray (and others) vs Winter General Invel. Jellal and Crime Sorciere vs August. Kagura vs Dimaria, with Laxus getting Wahl Icht, and a few other battles. Looking forward to the interaction between Zeref and Natsu.

Technically in the chapter, Natsu attacks the foot soldiers to get the attention of Zeref, and Zeref didn't need to meet him, could have just sent out one of his generals. I wonder if Zeref just tells Natsu, that he is his brother, though Natsu will probably just attack him anyway or not. Maybe Zeref came to personally crush Natsu himself due to his dual nature, a consequential effect of his curse. As for Natsu's bandaged arm, who knows it could be hiding symbols that mean he has been storing magical energy up throughout the whole year he's been training.

It'll be nice to see if Mashima and pull up good chapters to come. I'm hoping it won't be a pointless digression but i doubt it will be pointless. Last time I had high hopes in an arc was the GMG, and I was bitterly disappointed. Though I have high hopes that Mashima will redeem himself, this will i hope to be by far the best arc his written in Fairy Tail.
Theusis3Nov 23, 2015 7:40 AM
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Nov 23, 2015 7:35 AM

Oct 2009
CookingPriest said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

He was being worried for Natsu yet it is not what gray fanbois in this thread took from that scene. "Omg Gray was being reasonable and thought Natsu was stupid!"

You know what is upsetting? Gray not getting ANY consequences for a free power up and getting whitewashed for leaving Juvia without explanations to the point of her getting sick. That is what is upsetting.

I have been ignoring hardcore Gray fans. I'm disappointed there were no side effects to Gray's power-up, although it was a necessary power-up for Gray to be relevant in the story, it was an okay side-story/background story to have. I'm not upset too much with Gray leaving Juvia without explanations, hell I'm pissed of with Erza, since she knew about it, and she was the only one that could have comforted Juvia without giving away that Gray was undercover. Note that Erza was one of my favourite characters at the start of Fairy Tail, until I realised what Mashima ended up writing her to become...
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Nov 23, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2014
"He was being worried for Natsu yet it is not what gray fanbois in this thread took from that scene. "Omg Gray was being reasonable and thought Natsu was stupid!"

You know what is upsetting? Gray not getting ANY consequences for a free power up and getting whitewashed for leaving Juvia without explanations to the point of her getting sick. That is what is upsetting."

yes you are right all gray fans know nothing except that he is the best developed character in the series and if you disagree you are wrong. gray meeting his dad after years thinking he was dead only to find out he was a zombie and died before his eyes clearly had no consequences (sarcasm) but natsu offscreen gaining a "1 shot zeref" skill is totally acceptable (laughable)

on topic: assuming this isnt the end id like this encounter to finally explain natsus age etc like during the laxus arc he couldnt get through freed's barrier
Nov 23, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2009
yaokitsme said:
"He was being worried for Natsu yet it is not what gray fanbois in this thread took from that scene. "Omg Gray was being reasonable and thought Natsu was stupid!"

You know what is upsetting? Gray not getting ANY consequences for a free power up and getting whitewashed for leaving Juvia without explanations to the point of her getting sick. That is what is upsetting."

yes you are right all gray fans know nothing except that he is the best developed character in the series and if you disagree you are wrong. gray meeting his dad after years thinking he was dead only to find out he was a zombie and died before his eyes clearly had no consequences (sarcasm) but natsu offscreen gaining a "1 shot zeref" skill is totally acceptable (laughable)

on topic: assuming this isnt the end id like this encounter to finally explain natsus age etc like during the laxus arc he couldnt get through freed's barrier

Natsu's age couldn't get past freed's barrier, wouldn't solve the other problem, because Gajeel couldn't get through the barrier either. Although I believe that it was because of the Dragons that were inside of the dragonslayers' bodies that prevented them from passing the rune barrier.

As for Natsu, I'm not sure if he does have the ability to one shot Zeref. He could have found a way, training with Gildartz, to store magical energy for the entire year. Though Natsu always had potential to grow immensely stronger whereas Gray's potential was limited, that's the reason Mashima gave him a power-up to stay relevant. Though this is my opinion.
Nov 23, 2015 7:48 AM
Mar 2015
yaokitsme said:

??? Why should gray suffer consequences ? It was given to him by his father, who would not do anything to harm him. And when de noticed something wrong he saw a doctor ab out it instead of hiding it. Its like you wish he did something stupid JSUT so. He would be punished for the sake of it. Natsu runs away and leaves everyone its okay, gray does it and its wrong?
Nov 23, 2015 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
trump54 said:
yaokitsme said:

??? Why should gray suffer consequences ? It was given to him by his father, who would not do anything to harm him. And when de noticed something wrong he saw a doctor ab out it instead of hiding it. Its like you wish he did something stupid JSUT so. He would be punished for the sake of it. Natsu runs away and leaves everyone its okay, gray does it and its wrong?

It was given to him by his father, yes. But of course it's not his father aim to bring harm to his son. The power though was sudden, and technically Gray's father was not human when he developed this power. The Ice Devil Slayer magic is unique so far in the manga, and it was difficult to see Gray developing this magic by himself with no side-effects. As for Gray leaving Juvia alone without a word, I do not believe that it is him that people should just blame. Fault lies with Erza logically. As for Natsu, he went away, leaving behind Lucy and the guild, though he left a letter for Lucy.

It was the way Gray just left Juvia without a word, is what annoyed some people.
Theusis3Nov 23, 2015 8:04 AM
Nov 23, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
I wonder what kind of power his right hand posses?
Nov 23, 2015 8:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Natsu knows he has plot armor, that's why he just charged right away into Zeref and his massive army. Smart guy actually.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 23, 2015 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, it's been a while since we've seen Gray argue with Erza.

Really did not expect Zeref to show up in front of Natsu like that, this fight should be good.
Nov 23, 2015 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Since Zeref is fighting so soon in this arc, I can't help but feel like Anhkseram will be the true final boss, and make a Kaguya-like entrance.
Nov 23, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Mashima definitely got me curious, because this could go multiple ways... still I don't believe Zeref will be defeated just yet (that's just me).

But I'm curious if Zeref will tell Natsu he is his brother and how will Natsu react and all...
Nov 23, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Natsu getting serious for the first time after the timeskip, CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE HAS UNDER HIS BANdage, AND Erza and Natsu moment too, Best couple confirmed

That Flame king dragon roar and Crumbling fist are so damn OP
Nov 23, 2015 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
Ophis said:
Since Zeref is fighting so soon in this arc, I can't help but feel like Anhkseram will be the true final boss, and make a Kaguya-like entrance.

Is that the name of the god? Does Zeref still love natsu? The first time they met, his curse activated, the second time it did not. I was wondering if his emotions flared up randomly as they did with Mavis would it kill Natsu.
Or will that situation be avoided
Nov 23, 2015 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
Isterio said:
trump54 said:

Sums it up, that´s why it would be perfect cliche but fitting development to see Gramps die because Natsu behaved like an idiot and make him grief.

Showing him the repetetive Shounen lesson of together we are stronger, so that he will charge in with the group and they win through a teamattack or something, in the future fight.

A. Develop Natsu actually and not in a pretended manner.

B. Actually bring forth the message of love they try to convey. My parents aren´t with me during an exam I´ve gotta get through it by myself, even if they wish me luck, but when I ask my dad to paint my appartment hes there with me and actually assists me with a problem I face.

Fairy Tail logic convey´s that they are friends and the power comes from their friends because they believe in each other, yet everyone is sitting on their asses and praying, that´s actually bad morals. It doesnt make sense.
What Gray actually proposed would be the reasonable outcome and actually teach morals. Sometimes you cant fix a problem yourself ask for help.

The same shit can be said about your OP/Luffy. Stop acting like FT is the only Manga folowing the shounen pattern. It's always the OP fapboys coming up with this nonsense.
Nov 23, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2014
Thinking Mavis is so cute!

I can't wait for Natsu to learn the truth. I wonder how he and fairy tail will react XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.