New
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2015 10:13 PM
Oct 2015
CaimTheJoyful said:
mayukachan said:
because human actions =/= natural accidents
>missing the point

I'm on two hours of sleep with several sticks up my ass and even I got the analogy.

Either way, I'm derailing this thread because of circular logic. Some how, gravity is natural disaster, and male libido isn't a thing. It's the gravity's fault because someone fell off a cliff without walking carefully.

It was a good practice replying to fools, though.
Nov 22, 2015 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
No, but I truly believe that we can prevent it from happening if people were taught not to rape.
Nov 22, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
SimplyHuman said:
CaimTheJoyful said:
>missing the point

I'm on two hours of sleep with several sticks up my ass and even I got the analogy.

Either way, I'm derailing this thread because of circular logic. Some how, gravity is natural disaster, and male sex drive isn't a thing. It's the gravity's fault because someone fell off a cliff without walking carefully.

It was a good practice replying to fools, though.

male sex drive doesn't mean the male has to act on it. You can't get away with rape in court by saying "oops it was my sex drive!". If you want to get into the causality of rape, it's by definition impossible for it to be because of anything other than the man's decision. Other factors influence his decision, absolutely, but his decision is what causes the rape to transpire.
Nov 22, 2015 10:18 PM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
No, but I truly believe that we can prevent it from happening if people were taught not to rape.

You can't.

I'm sorry. People are taught morals through proper schooling and upbringing. And rape is part of that. Yet they do it anyway. Nothing would change.
Nov 22, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2015
This thread is toxic.
Nov 22, 2015 10:25 PM
Oct 2008
SimplyHuman said:
Cottonrabbit said:
Rape is about feeling power and dominance, control, revenge and/or instilling pain and fear in the victim. It has nothing to do with what the victim is or isn't wearing otherwise women in burkas would be safe. There is no skirt length that will exclude a woman from a rapists consideration. The world is not just and bad things happen. Rather than telling women they should be living in fear in case they incite any impure longings in misunderstood men out there, put the entire responsibility for the attack where it lies. It is only the sociopath who harms others who deserves our contempt.

Why not teach victims how to defend themselves rather than teach mindless drones (rapists) To not do what they do?

We already do but sometimes, you trust the wrong person or are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is impossible to be entirely safe from crime even with precautions. The problem is unlike theft, a rape victims character is torn to shreds. It is not enough that she went through the trauma of being raped, she gets blamed and judged for being attacked as well. You would think frontline services such as the police would know better than this by now but the perception of "she brought it on herself" is incredibly prevalent despite its absurdity. I actually had two young twits tell me about their friend who was raped but they didn't believe her because she "likes sex." Despite that this girl had not been known to be manipulative or a liar over the years they had known her, the fact that she enjoyed consensual sex with various partners equated to she must have really wanted it despite saying rejecting the guy. Feminists are not trying to say men are all rapists (although I will admit we have one or two nutters claiming the label). We are trying to end the culture of victim blaming and the attitude that woman is a whore who can't be raped just because she enjoys consensual sex. If the standard is to obtain verbal consent, it won't prevent rape but it does make it very clear whether the sex is consensual or not. It seems bizarre but many people don't really understand consent can be withdrawn at any time during sex, and to continue is rape. People also need to be educated about the myths surrounding rape such as it can be prevented by showing less skin.

I have used female pronouns here but they can be used interchangeably with male ones. Also, sexual violence is also happens in homosexual relationships.
CottonrabbitNov 22, 2015 10:33 PM
Nov 22, 2015 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
I don't feel like going through all these replies someone tell me what happened
Nov 22, 2015 10:27 PM

May 2015
cause said:
sutorii said:

but i don't think you have any :^)

˙͜ >˙

That face makes me giggle
Nov 22, 2015 10:30 PM

May 2015
Cottonrabbit said:
SimplyHuman said:

Why not teach victims how to defend themselves rather than teach mindless drones (rapists) To not do what they do?

We already do but sometimes, you trust the wrong person or are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is impossible to be entirely safe from crime even with precautions. The problem is unlike theft, a rape victims character is torn to shreds. It is not enough that she went through the trauma of being raped, she gets blamed and judged for being attacked as well. You would think frontline services such as the police would know better than this by now but the perception of "she brought it on herself" is incredibly prevalent despite its absurdity. I actually had two young twits tell me about their friend who was raped but they didn't believe her because she "likes sex." Despite that this girl had not been known to be manipulative or a liar over the years they had known her, the fact that she enjoyed consensual sex with various partners equated to she must have really wanted it despite saying rejecting the guy. Feminists are not trying to say men are all rapists (although I will admit we have one or two nutters claiming the label). We are trying to end the culture of victim blaming and the attitude that woman is a whore who can't be raped just because she enjoys consensual sex. If the standard is to obtain verbal consent, it won't prevent rape but it does make it very clear whether the sex is consensual or not. It seems bizarre but many people don't really understand consent can be withdrawn at any time during sex, and to continue is rape. People also need to be educated about the myths surrounding rape such as it can be prevented by showing less skin.

I have used female pronouns here but the can be used interchangeably with male ones.

We should teach wives to not kill their husbands for insurance policies also.
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Nov 22, 2015 10:30 PM

Jun 2015
why is it that in all of these hypotheticals it's man on woman rape?
Nov 22, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
If people could easily teach others to never commit crimes, all of the world's problems would have been solved centuries ago. The world isn't perfect. Crime and cruelty has existed for millenniums and is all too natural with humanity.

The best you can do now is buy a gun since it's 2015.
Nov 22, 2015 10:33 PM
Aug 2015
@cotten

However you also have to consider fake rape allegations. And how they can destroy a person if even if the claims come out as false.

I do agree with the victim blaming. But I also don't believe in perpetrator blaming. Until we find out exactly what happened. Like those footballs players who were accused of rape got their lives torn to shreds. A few months later, the police found no evidence, and it was found that there wasn't even a party that the girl claimed to be raped at. She even changed her story like 3 times. But the damage to the boys had already been done

Not to mention claiming rape as a way to cover shame is a thing too. Some colleges even say at freshmen orientation.

I'm all for not blaming people. But make sure evidence speaks evidence. And allegations be legitimate. Which requires both genders be more rational in their thinking.
Nov 22, 2015 10:33 PM

May 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:

Men are actually raped more, so I don't know why they are using men on woman rape situations only
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Nov 22, 2015 10:35 PM
Aug 2015
Lovely said:
cause said:

˙͜ >˙

That face makes me giggle

˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙˙͜ >˙
Nov 22, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
cause said:
mayukachan said:

You can't.

I'm sorry. People are taught morals through proper schooling and upbringing. And rape is part of that. Yet they do it anyway. Nothing would change.

Obviously it'd still happen, just less.

That's the point of the classes. They aren't 100% guaranteed to prevent all rape cases of course that people may do.
Its like with the self-defense classes, and the stuff my mother tells me about going to parties, others houses alone, going out at night to be careful about.
I'm still likely to get raped, I'm just not as vulnerable to it & chances are lower.
Nov 22, 2015 10:38 PM

Jun 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:

Because women are often the targets of rape & the majority of the victims are women.
That's like a worldly, universal fact and statistic are you shitting me
Nov 22, 2015 10:40 PM
Aug 2015
kobun said:
cause said:

You can't.

Obviously it'd still happen, just less.

That's the point of the classes. They aren't 100% guaranteed to prevent all rape cases of course that people may do.
Its like with the self-defense classes, and the stuff my mother tells me about going to parties, others houses alone, going out at night to be careful about.
I'm still likely to get raped, I'm just not as vulnerable to it & chances are lower.

We already learn that through morals though. A normal human being with a good moral compass knows rape is bad. They don't need classes to tell them this. They learn this through their own experiences. As well as their own laws. A class to teach people not to rape is pointless, because it doesn't offer anything more then normal morality. Whereas a self defense class does teach you things you wouldn't learn on a day to day basis from being a normal healthy person.
Nov 22, 2015 10:41 PM

Sep 2012
"Damn, if only I had been told not to rape earlier, this could all have been avoided!"

- No rapist ever

Ravioli_Ravioli said:
Because it's the only one that matters.
Nov 22, 2015 10:50 PM

Jun 2015
Red_Keys said:
Ravioli_Ravioli said:

Thanks to y'all.
Nov 22, 2015 10:52 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
-#KillAllMen
-'Manspreading
-'Ironic' misandry.

3 good reasons right there, OP. And these are the mild ones.
Nov 22, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2015
sutorii said:
according to a good majority of mal users that is. But why is that? Can anyone actually give 3 good reasons why feminism affects you on a personal level in a negative way?

down with meninists

Because they feel threatened.
Nov 22, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2009
#FreeTheNipple . . . Please? Why can't more Third Wavers jump on board with this?
Nov 22, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
BatoKusanagi said:
-#KillAllMen
-'Manspreading
-'Ironic' misandry.

3 good reasons right there, OP. And these are the mild ones.

that is literally sexism and not feminism. it's like that twitter trend #killallmuslims. does that represent all people who aren't muslims?

and what is manspreading?
ironic misandry i can see being harmful in certain degrees.
Nov 22, 2015 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
traed said:

Youre cherry picking and point out literally one word. What about expressions like manhandling? It goes both ways.

This is about third wave feminism not feminism though.Not all people for equality are for third wave feminisms methods. Plenty of people want nothing to do with the corruption of what feminism has become. The vast majority of people want equality for genders. Trying to bully people into calling themselves a feminist is stupid and does nothing to help anything.

i'm picking out the words everyone hears on a daily basis, in the #2 point, the word 'bitch' is what gets applied to women the most (along with slut/whore/etc). think about the most frequent insults you hear, and how the offense of each word differs. the c-word is definitely the most offensive one, and de-masculinizing (pretending that's a real word here) a guy is just more offensive in general.

and yeah the extreme things you see feminism is bad, but should that take attention from the original purpose? to create equal emotional and social values for all genders? and what exactly is third-wave feminist methods here?
Nov 22, 2015 11:41 PM
Oct 2008
cause said:
@cotten

However you also have to consider fake rape allegations. And how they can destroy a person if even if the claims come out as false.

I do agree with the victim blaming. But I also don't believe in perpetrator blaming. Until we find out exactly what happened. Like those footballs players who were accused of rape got their lives torn to shreds. A few months later, the police found no evidence, and it was found that there wasn't even a party that the girl claimed to be raped at. She even changed her story like 3 times. But the damage to the boys had already been done

Not to mention claiming rape as a way to cover shame is a thing too. Some colleges even say at freshmen orientation.

I'm all for not blaming people. But make sure evidence speaks evidence. And allegations be legitimate. Which requires both genders be more rational in their thinking.

People can be really shitty; just as there are rapists, there will be people who lie about it. Rape needs to be investigated properly of course and there must be a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Unfortunately minimising the damage caused by the public taking sides while investigations are underway is pretty difficult. The media also bears responsibility in this as they go for sensationalism rather than strictly reporting the facts as they are known. I do hope that girl received criminal charges for making false claims.
Nov 22, 2015 11:43 PM

Nov 2009
sutorii said:
to create equal emotional and social values for all genders?
That is not the original nor current purpose of feminism. If it was, things like MRA would be redundant. There is a reason for such a hostile divide in gender politics, and if you ask me it is precisely because many misinterpret what feminism is, essentially blanketing the other side of the coin.
Nov 22, 2015 11:45 PM

Mar 2008
Nov 22, 2015 11:54 PM

May 2014
cause said:
sperm is poisonous

kill all men
Nov 22, 2015 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
kobun said:
Red_Keys said:

Thanks to y'all.
what
Nov 23, 2015 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
Nov 23, 2015 12:14 AM
Oct 2008
cause said:
mayukachan said:
first guys compare getting raped to falling off a cliff
now they compare it to car crashes

lord save me

I'm sorry we can't fix the world. I wish we could. Truly. But I think it's ignorant to not try and prevent yourself from being in those dangerous situations. Are you at fault because that happened? No. Evil things are never deserved. But knowing something could or will happen, and not doing the best to avoid it, does not seem rational.

82% of sexual assaults are by someone known to the victim. The odds of being raped by a random stranger are actually pretty low. How are you supposed to protect yourself without working on the assumption every male you know and should be able to trust might be a potential rapist? It is one thing to be aware there is potential danger and another to expect people to hide away in fear of it. I am not trying to pick on you particularly on this. You worded it better than most :)
Nov 23, 2015 12:26 AM

Jun 2015
Red_Keys said:
kobun said:

Thanks to y'all.
what

Thanks to you guys.
Not caring & ridiculing male rape victims. Especially if a female did the act.
Nov 23, 2015 12:28 AM

Sep 2012
kobun said:
Red_Keys said:
what

Thanks to you guys.
Not caring & ridiculing male rape victims. Especially if a female did the act.
what
Nov 23, 2015 12:30 AM

Mar 2008
I dont think she understands you were being sarcastic.
Nov 23, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2015
mayukachan said:

Something I'm concerned about is the way in which some feminists try to redefine rape to include all 'gray areas' such as drunk sex, sex the woman later on regretted having, etc.
The reason that concerns me is that those sorts of things will end up being conflated with definite instances of rape, and that normal sexual relations between women and men that are horrified by the prospect of being labelled a 'rapist' will largely fall apart. Meanwhile, actual instances of violent rape won't be taken as seriously because the word itself has been softened thanks to its broader definition.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Nov 23, 2015 12:32 AM
Aug 2015
Cottonrabbit said:
cause said:

I'm sorry we can't fix the world. I wish we could. Truly. But I think it's ignorant to not try and prevent yourself from being in those dangerous situations. Are you at fault because that happened? No. Evil things are never deserved. But knowing something could or will happen, and not doing the best to avoid it, does not seem rational.

82% of sexual assaults are by someone known to the victim. The odds of being raped by a random stranger are actually pretty low. How are you supposed to protect yourself without working on the assumption every male you know and should be able to trust might be a potential rapist? It is one thing to be aware there is potential danger and another to expect people to hide away in fear of it. I am not trying to pick on you particularly on this. You worded it better than most :)

By a person known to the victim in some way can be a large range of things from your spouse, to the IT guy that fixes your printer at work but you don't even know his name or face. But even so, a means of self defense for when the situation escalates into that kind of territory would still be more impact and provide better results, then classes aimed solely at teaching not to rape. Telling someone not to rape isn't going to stop them from doing it if they want to do it anyway.

I was more so speaking in that previous context since mayuka brought up walking alone in a skimpy outfit at night. Which of course is a bad situation to put yourself in. And should be avoided.
Nov 23, 2015 12:37 AM

Jun 2015
traed said:

Women don't understand anything.
Nov 23, 2015 12:38 AM
Aug 2015
kobun said:
traed said:

Do you want a hug
Nov 23, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2009
Cottonrabbit said:

-snip-

I only ever see you post on gender related threads. I'm curious why you only feel the need to chime in on these sort of topics?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 23, 2015 12:46 AM

Jun 2015
cause said:
kobun said:

Do you want a hug

Hugs won't relieve my stress
Nov 23, 2015 1:13 AM

May 2015
A lot of contemporary feminism tries to be questioning and subversive, but it ends up just singling out an enemy to fight against.

I think it has some good points, but they need to shed their dogma and focus on more serious issues. Cut the crap with mansplaining.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 23, 2015 1:17 AM
Apr 2015
OK *stretches*, first post had to come on a political topic didn't it......

So while I'd like to buy into the let's Lambaste it with the full force of a blackhole generator thing, the fact is atleast more than half of the feminists out there are doing good for the world and women in genral and kudos to them for their efforts........Now onto the other section the spam Rape culture and degrade anyone who doesn't accept your cause, these are the true scum. While I'm not opposed to the idea of a rape culture existing- my understanding being a society that indirectly or directly encourages the act, I personally am on the fence about it and then there's the extremists such as anita sarke(can't be bothered to spell the rest of her name), onision and others who purport the ideas that it's feminism or fuck off/egalitarians are just males who want to hate on feminists/your a stupid bitch if you don't appreciate it/ Rape suspects should be guilty until proven innocent, and yet these people have millions of people who support their ideas which is a scary thought to me and may help explain the stigma towards being a feminist.
also to the whole teach men not to rape argument, I'm sorry but that made me lol because as much as humans have the ability to learn, we are autonomic beings and will do as we see benificial to our personal interest. The only way you could teach a person not to rape is by conditioning them in inhumane way like putting them in a room with a naked woman zapping them with an electrode whenever they approach her.
I identify as an egalitarian because it encompasses my genral beliefs that everyone has equal worth as a person but with an added twist that that worth is also subject to said presons actions ^_^
Nov 23, 2015 2:37 AM
Oct 2008
LoneWolf said:
Cottonrabbit said:

-snip-

I only ever see you post on gender related threads. I'm curious why you only feel the need to chime in on these sort of topics?

I actually post in a range of threads but I am not particularly memorable :D I am probably more noticeable in gender threads as my views tend to oppose the majority and the discussion usually calls for more than one post.
Nov 23, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
kobun said:

Thanks to y'all.
what
You're contributing to rape culture he says
Nov 23, 2015 3:17 AM

Jan 2013
Because third wave feminism doesn't fight for equality whatsoever, and instead focus on a misguided sense of entitlement and victim complex. Sure, there's a minority that truly cares about women and don't hate men for no reason. But that's all they are, a minority.
Nov 23, 2015 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:

Oh FFS
Nov 23, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2012
why do you want to revive a gross thread
Nov 23, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
White Feminism™
Nov 23, 2015 9:37 AM
Oct 2014
- irrational
- bias
- sociological
- obsessed with opression and victimhood. Without it they can't exist. It does almost have a religious meaning to them.
- demonizes opponents and critics
- exaggerate how horrible society is
- they are ruining the respect of feminism and the feminists who deserves it.

Nov 23, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2015
kobun said:
White Feminism™

lol @ wut
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
29 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
42 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.