Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2015 4:13 AM

Oct 2010
Randoll_ said:
Exowave said:

Feminism is supposed to fight for the rights of woman in society right for them to be equal with men in every way? Well they already achieved that as far i am concerned, so anything that promotes someting outside of that is bs to me. It is 1 thing asking for essentials and other being part of woman i described above.

as long as you have that signature its far from being achieved

As long as that signature cannot be detached from a history of discrimination it's far from being achieved.
Nov 12, 2015 4:23 AM

Nov 2009
Randoll_ said:
Exowave said:

Feminism is supposed to fight for the rights of woman in society right for them to be equal with men in every way? Well they already achieved that as far i am concerned, so anything that promotes someting outside of that is bs to me. It is 1 thing asking for essentials and other being part of woman i described above.

as long as you have that signature its far from being achieved

For those of us who have signatures disabled by default:
The signature in question seems to be Rias Gremory (the sexy female devil from Highschool DxD) dancing around a pole in sexy underwear.

I'm not sure how it stands in the way of modern feminism, but it's sure annoying and part of the reason I normally have signatures disabled.
Nov 12, 2015 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
We need more humanism and less lazy writing/cliches for both genders...
Nov 12, 2015 4:33 AM

Feb 2010
Exowave said:
mayukachan said:

List examples of the "realistic feminism" you see in your every day life?

Feminism is supposed to fight for the rights of woman in society right for them to be equal with men in every way? Well they already achieved that as far i am concerned, so anything that promotes someting outside of that is bs to me and attempt to Discredit men and make them look worse which goes against origial purpose. It is 1 thing asking for essentials and other being part of woman i described above.

And who are you to be an authority regarding feminism and it's influence on society? I bet you never spent a second of your life actually researching data to try and back that up, but just base it on your individual experiences with one or two random obnoxious tumblr/youtube faminazis and some buzzword debates you saw on the internet. I'm sorry to bring it to you, but that's not enough to make your opinion worth a shit. We're not talking about 'subjective enjoyment' here where everyone can happily spout ignorant opinions without repercussions, but about quantifiable impacts on society.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 12, 2015 4:35 AM
Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
Randoll_ said:

Is male the defualt gender?
Yes, Adam took a part of his body to create Eve.

Men are stronger and more intelligent than women.

I guess it's somehow turning into a sexism fight but if you really wanna bitch about religious stuff I'd say God created humans from his very own soul and they are all equal in intelligence and potential terms.
Anyways there are a whole lot of fine anime with great female leads. It's simply a matter of taste, either you prefer half naked anime chicks with no free will serving the male lead or bossy and independent girls who beat the shit out of the male lead every 0.0001 sec.
Considering the fact that most of anime viewers are guys I don't think anime studioes pay more attentions to feminism topics and all.
Nov 12, 2015 4:36 AM

Jul 2012
soulcrasher said:
mayukachan said:
Yes, Adam took a part of his body to create Eve.

Men are stronger and more intelligent than women.

I guess it's somehow turning into a sexism fight but if you really wanna bitch about religious stuff I'd say God created humans from his very own soul and they are all equal in intelligence and potential terms.
Anyways there are a whole lot of fine anime with great female leads. It's simply a matter of taste, either you prefer half naked anime chicks with no free will serving the male lead or bossy and independent girls who beat the shit out of the male lead every 0.0001 sec.
Considering the fact that most of anime viewers are guys I don't think anime studioes pay more attentions to feminism topics and all.

Also, there's anime for girls. The problem is even the girls don't want empowering Anime about females. They want Junjou Romantica.
Nov 12, 2015 4:38 AM

Feb 2015
Sosunser said:

And who are you to be an authority regarding feminism and it's influence on society? I bet you never spent a second of your life actually researching data to try and back that up, but just base it on your individual experiences with one or two random obnoxious tumblr/youtube faminazis and some buzzword debates you saw on the internet. I'm sorry to bring it to you, but that's not enough to make your opinion worth a shit. We're not talking about 'subjective enjoyment' here where everyone can happily spout ignorant opinions without repercussions, but about quantifiable impacts on society.

Fine bro throw all your cards on table show me how it is done since you seem to really want it. If you already started story show us your view on it if you know how to say others that their opinion is shit. Blow us away with your collective valuable research on this deep issue.

Nov 12, 2015 4:41 AM

Oct 2010
There's a lot of female anime roles that can be considered empowering out there. The problem if anything is that the definition of "empowering" is quite often so strict and exclusive that virtually nothing can match that standard. Characters can have labels.
Nov 12, 2015 4:43 AM
Sep 2011
Zazie122 said:
Also worth keeping in mind that feminism in Japan =/= feminism in, say, the US.

This is true. Take magical girl shows like the Precure franchise for example.

Western fans view them as very empowering to young girls due to having the leads be all female and letting them be the heroes who can punch giant monsters in the face.

Japanese fans see these kinds of shows as enforcing strict gender roles, due to them typically being themed around girly things like frilly clothing and cosmetics products.

There's also the fact that the ideal woman in Japan is much different than the U.S. perception. The sweet, gentle and submissive types are seen as ideal in Japan, and will usually win the male lead in harem shows. Whereas the U.S. likes female characters that can handle their own, Japan prefers to have the female character hang back and be protected by a male character.
Nov 12, 2015 4:43 AM

Nov 2009
mayukachan said:
The problem is even the girls don't want empowering Anime about females. They want Junjou Romantica.

Feminism is not necessarily what people want. It's what they need.
Nov 12, 2015 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
flannan said:
mayukachan said:
The problem is even the girls don't want empowering Anime about females. They want Junjou Romantica.

Feminism is not necessarily what people want. It's what they need.

(I agree)

More Josei anime should be adapted ;_;
Nov 12, 2015 4:47 AM

Feb 2010
Exowave said:
Sosunser said:

Fine bro throw all your cards on table show me how it is done since you seem to really want it. If you already started story show us your view on it if you know how to say others that their opinion is shit. Blow us away with your collective valuable research on this deep issue.

I'm not the one making random and generalized claims that need backing up, 'bro'. I tend to not have strong opinions in fields where knowing FACTS and research are necessary to form a valid opinion (unless I know those facts), because unlike you I'm a reasonable guy that only commits to strong opinions on political or social issues IF I can back them up.
I'm certainly not gonna do your research for you. My point was that your opinion isn't worth shit since you didn't voice a single supportive argument. I didn't even say what my stance on the topic is. I just don't want any kids in this forum to take your posts for facts just because you phrase them like facts, that's all.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 12, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
hey we got female who got involved in production too, so dont complaint if you dont understand well the problem

http://myanimelist.net/people/5978/Mari_Okada

http://myanimelist.net/people/6856/Yamamoto_Sayo

http://myanimelist.net/people/7498/Yamada_Naoko
Nov 12, 2015 4:51 AM

May 2015
You want to get rid of the kawaii animé girls?
Nov 12, 2015 4:53 AM
Nov 2015
What's even worse is, when characters (female and male) break away from certain gender tropes and models they get hated on.
Nov 12, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2014
Randoll_ said:
What's even worse is, when characters (female and male) break away from certain gender tropes and models they get hated on.

pls, elaborate in 50 lines
Nov 12, 2015 4:55 AM

Jul 2012
ghoullovesharem said:
Randoll_ said:

pls, elaborate in 50 lines

Shinji Ikari cries
Therefore ppl call him a whiny bitch
Nov 12, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
feminism is the polar opposite of what is generally called "sexism", i.e. it's empowerment of females at the cost of males. It's not gender equality. Two wrongs don't make one right. What we really need is more "egalitarism".

And most series aren't sexist at all. They are actually "fair". While females are just sexualized objects, the males tends to be a complete spineless beta wuss whose only supposed positive trait (if you think if it as such) is the "kindness". Aside from being surrounded by females sexual objects, he is the absolute loser that no one ever wants to be. Why is that? Because it ensures that he will ALWAYS wuss out from any "opportunities" and in cases he is forced into a situation that could cause progress with one of the so-called "harem members", there will be another that appears and intereferes at the last moment. In short the wuss MC is just a writing device for the sake of holding the status quo. That means that he is just an "objectified" character as well.

I could argue like that, but there is a much more simple and on-point explanation: Bad writing! You are looking too deep into it. The writers simply can't write characters well so they resort to such "objectified"/archtype characters. It has absolutely nothing to do with "empowerment" or "depowerment" of a gender, but with the fact that the writer is INCOMPETENT!

Now, does competence/incompetence turn an author into a sexist/feminist/eglitarian? Or just a bad writer? Just think about it for yourself for a moment...
Grey-ZoneNov 12, 2015 4:59 AM
Nov 12, 2015 4:59 AM

Nov 2009
Exowave said:
mayukachan said:

Feminism is supposed to fight for the rights of woman in society right for them to be equal with men in every way? Well they already achieved that as far i am concerned, so anything that promotes someting outside of that is bs to me and attempt to Discredit men and make them look worse which goes against origial purpose. It is 1 thing asking for essentials and other being part of woman i described above.

Women have achieved some measure of political equality (that is, their opinion is exactly as worthless as that of men, not twice as worthless as that of men like it used to be in the 19th century), but don't quite get enough respect (that is, in a lot of situations, people are more likely to entrust a job to a man), and the relationships between sexes tend to be quite unhealthy. Overall, these things can be expected to work out on their own, but it'll take too long. So, feminists try to make them work out faster.

Not sure how things are going about respect, but on the relationship front things are going badly, partly because feminists tend to lack male perspective.
Nov 12, 2015 5:08 AM
Sep 2015
What REAL feminist fought for has already been achieved what more can woman want? domination over men?

This wave of Feminism is a cancer it aims to destroys traditional family and aims to demoralize and dominate over men and promote lesbian life style.

no country, no woman, needs feminism because it will slow destroy family values and tradition to favor a lesbian house hold where men doesn't have any role but as sperm banks. what every country need is Egalitarianism.

the laws definitely favors them especially on divorces.
about jobs women tend to complain earning lower wages than men, but most of high paying jobs, white and pink collar jobs are dominated by women while blue collar, dirty jobs and hard labor jobs is still dominated by men.
Nov 12, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
jucheck said:
no country, no woman, needs feminism because it will slow destroy family values and tradition to favor a lesbian house hold where men doesn't have any role but as sperm banks.

lol u just ignored every single third world country that has men beating their wives daily
Nov 12, 2015 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
Oh god no
Nov 12, 2015 5:11 AM
Nov 2013
Exowave said:
mayukachan said:

They can just show an anime where the female characters have lower physical testing requirements to gain entrance to an academy, just like the US police, military, and whatever else you want to name. Maybe they can show a woman that actually qualified by the male standards getting no respect because everyone thinks she only got there because of the lower females standards; and they wonder where sexism comes from.

What is next, politically correct harems?
Nov 12, 2015 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
ghoullovesharem said:
hey we got female who got involved in production too, so dont complaint if you dont understand well the problem

http://myanimelist.net/people/5978/Mari_Okada

http://myanimelist.net/people/6856/Yamamoto_Sayo

http://myanimelist.net/people/7498/Yamada_Naoko

We do, and that's a good thing (seeing that the stuff they make is not bad at all). But there's a lot of room to progress: there could be more of them, and male authors could be more feminist too.

EminemVEVO said:
You want to get rid of the kawaii animé girls?
No. What makes you think so?
If anything, getting rid of kawaii anime girls is totally unrealistic, they're too good for business. Making them more like real people and less like sex toys is something that can be done, and is likely to enrich anime.

Grey-Zone said:
I could argue like that, but there is a much more simple and on-point explanation: Bad writing! You are looking too deep into it. The writers simply can't write characters well so they resort to such "objectified"/archtype characters. It has absolutely nothing to do with "empowerment" or "depowerment" of a gender, but with the fact that the writer is INCOMPETENT!

Now, does competence/incompetence turn an author into a sexist/feminist/eglitarian? Or just a bad writer? Just think about it for yourself for a moment...

Yes, knowledge of different political ideologies, awareness of differences and similarities between people and so on make an author better.
Can you really write about modern world if you have no understanding of feminism, one of the leading political ideologies?
Nov 12, 2015 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
More feminism is okay, egalitarianism is best, masculinity is a no-no for me.
Nov 12, 2015 5:15 AM

Nov 2015
No. I'm a chick. and I think it's dumb/stupid to be all up in arms over 1.) a work of fiction 2.) damsel in distress. I think it's romantic. Not realistic. It's a fantasy work.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to make a FEW shows that showcase a strong woman saving/protecting men, or a show all about women, without romance at all, etc.

It'd be interesting because it's different and that's cool!

But I like my "cliche" romance anime LOL.
Nov 12, 2015 5:15 AM

Mar 2012
If by 'more feminism' you mean less braindead shit like High School DxD and more stuff like Utena then sure.
Nov 12, 2015 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
Anime needs more variety.

Keep the shitty harems, but do more anime with independent and thoughtful female characters who aren't portrayed merely as objects to be had or exchanged. Keep all the ecchi yuri and rapey yaoi, but do more anime where non-hetero characters are portrayed in a realistic and non-exploitative way. I'd like to see more cultures in anime, too.
Nov 12, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2015
brokenchair said:
Exowave said:

They can just show an anime where the female characters have lower physical testing requirements to gain entrance to an academy, just like the US police, military, and whatever else you want to name. Maybe they can show a woman that actually qualified by the male standards getting no respect because everyone thinks she only got there because of the lower females standards; and they wonder where sexism comes from.

I like your way of thinking actually tbh nothing better then proving worth by legit results/requimenet ofc those should also be exactly the same for man and woman or as close as possible.
Nov 12, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2012
brokenchair said:
They already exist, in the reverse harem world.
Nov 12, 2015 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
jucheck said:
What REAL feminist fought for has already been achieved what more can woman want? domination over men?

This wave of Feminism is a cancer it aims to destroys traditional family and aims to demoralize and dominate over men and promote lesbian life style.

no country, no woman, needs feminism because it will slow destroy family values and tradition to favor a lesbian house hold where men doesn't have any role but as sperm banks.

1) Families are overrated anyway. It might be a good idea to do distributed child-rearing, and throw away monogamy. It'll increase sexual satisfaction across the board, I think.

2) No, sexual orientation cannot be changed easily. Most women are mostly heterosexual, so the picture you're describing won't work. It's also not what feminists want, but I've yet to see a well-thought out program of sexual relationships from them.

Here, "well-thought out" means "not relying on meaningless words like 'treat women like human beings' ". These words sound great, but how do we treat them like human beings, yet get any sex? Treating them the same as males won't work (for example, feminists reject male concept of "grit your teeth and endure" as the answer to most of life's problems), and we have no idea how females treat other females. And it won't work anyway - you can't really grope your female colleague in an onsen in a friendly manner when you're male, right?
Nov 12, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
i can't believe someone thinks that lesbians have "lifestyles" lmao

what makes a lesbian lifestyle more different than a straight one?
Nov 12, 2015 5:30 AM

May 2009
NO, feminism (in its current form) is already polluting everything around me, and nothing good comes from bowing down to people who associate themselves with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2015 5:36 AM
Sep 2015
mayukachan said:
jucheck said:

lol u just ignored every single third world country that has men beating their wives daily

I didn't... would a third world need feminism when you have a better option such as Egalitarianism.

The reason behind third world countries usually root from corrupt government or other national level conflict. A reform and Order in the government must be attain before it a country can start fixing it's self. improve on the human right law and improve the living quality of its citizens.

You say as if women are the only victims of violence in third world country... children are especially vulnerable and exploited, men are also target for violence.

don't generalize that all men in a third world are wive beater (or a husband beating the wife daily dear God what an exaggeration) that extremely prejudice against men.

Women can also commit domestic violence against men. men who are victims of it are ridiculed by society because he can't afford to lift a finger against her wife.
Nov 12, 2015 5:38 AM

Jul 2012
jucheck said:
mayukachan said:

I didn't... would a third world need feminism when you have a better option such as Egalitarianism.

The reason behind Third world is usually the government or other national level conflict a reform and Order at the highest level must be attain before it a country can start fixing the system. improve on the human right law and the over all living quality of the citizens.

You say as if women are the only victims of violence in third world country... children are especially vulnerable and exploited, men are also target for violence.

don't generalize that all men in a third world are wive beater (or a husband beating the wife daily dear God what an exaggeration) that extremely prejudice against men.

Women can also commit domestic violence against men. men who are victims of it are ridiculed by society because he can't afford to lift a finger against her wife.

feminism is a huge topic

womens' rights is something females need in those other countries

egalitarianism and womens' rights go hand in hand in many aspects
Nov 12, 2015 5:38 AM

Nov 2009
aikaflip said:

Keep the shitty harems, but do more anime with independent and thoughtful female characters who aren't portrayed merely as objects to be had or exchanged. Keep all the ecchi yuri and rapey yaoi, but do more anime where non-hetero characters are portrayed in a realistic and non-exploitative way. I'd like to see more cultures in anime, too.

Well said.

Exowave said:
brokenchair said:

I like your way of thinking actually tbh nothing better then proving worth by legit results/requimenet ofc those should also be exactly the same for man and woman or as close as possible.

1) Police need to be gender-equal regardless of how low the standards have to fall. It's a matter of principle - we can't allow any form of power to be dominated by any one group.

2) The only good reason for physical standards for entrance to any academy is to measure health. And healthy men and women will get different results on many kinds of physical tests.

Well, maybe firefighters need to be strong enough to carry their gear, but police and military officers don't.
Nov 12, 2015 5:49 AM
Nov 2013
flannan said:
aikaflip said:

Well said.

Exowave said:

1) Police need to be gender-equal regardless of how low the standards have to fall. It's a matter of principle - we can't allow any form of power to be dominated by any one group.

2) The only good reason for physical standards for entrance to any academy is to measure health. And healthy men and women will get different results on many kinds of physical tests.

Well, maybe firefighters need to be strong enough to carry their gear, but police and military officers don't.

A police officer doesn't need to be able to chase someone down, win in an unarmed fight, or look intimidating to try and deter an attacker or criminal? A soldier doesn't need to have the stamina or endurance to keep up with the rest of their squad? They should fall behind and be a liability?

I have no problem with woman in the police or military but not when they have lower standards that allow them to get positions over more qualified applicants, and also put others at risk with the lack of standards.
Nov 12, 2015 5:51 AM
Sep 2015
mayukachan said:
jucheck said:

The reason behind Third world is usually the government or other national level conflict a reform and Order at the highest level must be attain before it a country can start fixing the system. improve on the human right law and the over all living quality of the citizens.

feminism is a huge topic

womens' rights is something females need in those other countries

egalitarianism and womens' rights go hand in hand in many aspects

I'm aware of the rape prevalent cases in india and some parts of Africa
feminism does exist there but these 3rd world nation needs to fight for the rights of the children
the most because they are the most vulnerable members of the society.

what people ought to do is to start a new by educating children
- not child soldiers or child laborers

you show them right and they lead nation to a bright future
you show them wrong you fuel self destruction.

such feats cannot be achieved by a charitable institution alone... if the government
rather spend it's revenue on their belly than education and enforcement of the law (that is... if they do have laws ).
Nov 12, 2015 6:01 AM

Mar 2015
Hell no please. Feminism has already invaded enough of my life :V
Nov 12, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
more? lol, feminism isn't even remotely close to anime. Females are still viewed as sex tools in majority of anime
Nov 12, 2015 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
The last 3 anime I've watched had strong female leads. Women don't need better representation, you just need to pick better shows.
Nov 12, 2015 6:05 AM

Jul 2012
Wensbane said:
Women don't need better representation.
No, we do.

>Hetalia Axis Powers
???
>Perfect Blue
She was an object in the industry

>Nichijou
um wat???
Nov 12, 2015 6:06 AM
Aug 2014
What anime REALLY needs is more fans.
Nov 12, 2015 6:07 AM
Sep 2015
mayukachan said:

I'm sorry... but useem to be offended? did I?

basically a lesbian life style is what political lesbians want and most this modern wave of feminism is gearing towards it...

of course the main difference of it from a straight one
are that:
- two women cannot naturally produce children
- the lack of men or role of men as a parent (can a woman replace men as a father figure? well this is set for another debate)

I have no qualms with lesbians or hate towards the gay community but this modern wave of feminism in the west is gearing toward that
they don't represent the LGBT even most gay men agree that these feminist doesn't represent them.
Nov 12, 2015 6:09 AM
Nov 2015
mayukachan said:
Wensbane said:
No, we do.

>Hetalia Axis Powers
???
>Perfect Blue

>Nichijou
um wat???

but Perfect Blue is good in that regard because she intentionally displays sexism in the idol industry
Nov 12, 2015 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:

>Perfect Blue

To be honest, Perfect Blue is about the horrors of the idol industry, it's not glorifying sexualization and objectification of women, but criticizing them.
Nov 12, 2015 6:10 AM

Jul 2012
But she's not a particularly strong female lead.

jucheck said:
mayukachan said:

I'm sorry... but useem to be offended? did I?

basically a lesbian life style is what political lesbians want and most this modern wave of feminism is gearing towards it...

of course the main difference of it from a straight one
are that:
- two women cannot naturally produce children
- the lack of men or role of men as a parent (can a woman replace men as a father figure? well this is set for another debate)

I have no qualms with lesbians or hate towards the gay community but this modern wave of feminism in the west is gearing toward that
they don't represent the LGBT even most gay men agree that these feminist doesn't represent them.

ummm many straight pairs don't even have children?????????
this has nothing to do with feminism
it's just modernism.
Nov 12, 2015 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
Wensbane said:
No, we do.

>Hetalia Axis Powers
???
>Perfect Blue

>Nichijou
um wat???

Those weren't the last 3 shows I watched. I don't update my list in order, sometimes I add stuff that I watched years ago. And sometimes I rewatch certain anime.

It was Psycho-Pass 2, Spirited Away and Ghost in the Shell Arise, in case you're wondering. Female representation is fine, unless you only watch crappy Harem or Ecchi shows aimed at basement dwelling Otakus.
Nov 12, 2015 6:12 AM
Nov 2015
mayukachan said:
But she's not a particularly strong female lead.

That's the point, Kon wanted to criticize the idol industry and how females aren't allowed to be strong in it.
Nov 12, 2015 6:13 AM

Jul 2012
Wensbane said:
It was Psycho-Pass 2, Spirited Away and Ghost in the Shell Arise, in case you're wondering. Female representation is fine, unless you only watch crappy Harem or Ecchi shows aimed at basement dweeling Otakus.

Doesn't even compare to Akatsuki no Yona, though. That's real well written female representation.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

60 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» Does fanfiction have any relevance to anime?

Sanjay63773 - 12 hours ago

11 by Eleben »»
2 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - May 4

40 by Lucifrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Do we need a 30 year old Husbando?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

8 by Nurguburu »»
4 minutes ago

» Spoiled by the algorithm

zaako - 7 hours ago

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.