Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2008 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
I had to start this topic to share how I'm feeling about this anime, somethg I've not felt for a while >__<
The music opening is so beautiful (arigato eufonius !), the same goes for the video with all its effects (the leaves flying away, the passage when we see Noe smiling, or with a sad look under the snow) .. I didn't have had this love for an opening since a while (last time was with op1 from shakugan no shana I think ..)
But the anime itself is amazing, with engaging characters, a good chara-design, a story situation that I like and short developments of the characters not boring at all.
Well, the only thing I'm already regreting is the duration of 13eps .. what means it would be a wonderful but short moment :')

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 25, 2008 1:07 AM

Jan 2008
the innocence -- meaning, no fanservice -- but looking at the preview of episode 9, things arent looking too great, are they?
Feb 25, 2008 2:52 AM

Feb 2008
because it reminds me how much I love drama!

hehehe

Feb 25, 2008 2:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't think they will take the 'fanservice' too far in episode 9. Hiromi is beautiful, it will be a nice scene to look at, the circumstances didn't seem like Hiromi was happy in that scene either.

I really like Shin'ichiro, he's funny and has quite a lot of expressions that make him stand out as a male lead for me. I eventually fell in love when I saw Noe. She's small and cute, and her character is quite unique. You never know what she's up to next.

Lastly, the art. I won't pretend that I don't care how the anime looks like if it has a good story. Great animation art is always a big plus to me. Details, eyes, hair cuts, surroundings... everything is beautiful. It's currently on a 9 for me, if the makers got stomething awesome up their sleeve, this could become a 10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 25, 2008 5:58 PM

Oct 2007
I watch it for the character interactions. I haven't had too many anime recently that really got me into their personalities. At best they were okay. This show is different. They all fit somehow.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Apr 2, 2008 9:28 PM

Jan 2008
The music was great and the graphics are beautiful:) also the characters itself were good.

Apr 13, 2008 3:17 PM
Apr 2008
The story and the characters were realy great, one of the best anime's i ever seen :)
Apr 13, 2008 11:40 PM

Oct 2007
Everything was great about it. There's something special about this anime that's different from my other favorites...
Jul 7, 2008 6:30 AM
Jul 2008
I loved every single thing about this anime, Isurugi Noe especially :P Great story, pace, characters, music and art. There were some fantastic unexpected moments in this anime... like when Noe jumps out of the tree in the last episode. True Tears really drew me in and took me on a journey. Brilliant anime.
Jul 18, 2008 3:13 AM

Jul 2008
its uniqueness ...

not clyche as other romance animes ...
all about moe ^^
Aug 30, 2008 6:10 PM

Apr 2008
The plot is not too complicated but entertaining and the art is very nice.
Fantasy Bit: Links to all my sites and the sites I joined. Games, fanfiction, fanart, blog, forums and more.
Oct 6, 2008 3:39 AM

Aug 2008
The story was interesting...
The characters were beautifully drawn...^-^
The art were amazing..
And somehow, it gives you a some kind of a weird feelings when watching it...
True Tears rocks!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 3, 2008 11:53 PM
Nov 2008
Most beautiful (drama, art, character development, and music combination) anime I've seen. It seems as if their world is beautiful and real, but doesn't make it seem ridiculously ideal. The pacing is by far the most advanced and mature I have seen in an anime and is at the same level as a high level film.
Jan 4, 2009 4:27 AM
Nov 2008
Music made it magnificent. Storyline, characters, art was great too, but connection with music in most important moments of the story made it very special anime for me.
Anyone knows what songs were used in True Tears?
Jan 4, 2009 6:26 PM

Dec 2008
What isn't there to love about this anime? The story is subtle but great with various twists thrown in to make so much more intertesting.The music Selection from the OP(Reflectia by Eufonius) to the ED(Sekai no Namida by Aira yuki),not to mention the beautifully selected inserts(most of by which are by Kikuchi Hajime).The art and animation used are also stunning and almost breathtaking.From various CG's inserted into scenes where you don't even notice it,and the animation itself is wonderful.It was very detailed, even for minor things like the basketball games.I was impressed that they didn't "speed line".No matter how many times I watch this anime, I never get tired of the subtle, but realistic storyline.
Jan 4, 2009 6:32 PM

Dec 2008
dEVJE said:
Music made it magnificent. Storyline, characters, art was great too, but connection with music in most important moments of the story made it very special anime for me.
Anyone knows what songs were used in True Tears?

I found the full OST for the anime.Here are some of the names if you're interested;
Nyuushakou ni,Migite wo Kazasu
Mujaka sa wo Senaka ni
Orange ga ochite Iku Toki
Kimi no Sekai
Ichijin no kaze
Kagami,Kimi wo Utsushite
Afure Deru,Kimochi
Kokoro Kasanete

There are a lot more but I'm too lazy to name them all.My personal favourites are the last 4.

Jun 2, 2009 5:50 AM

Mar 2008
I found True Tears to be the most realistic "harem"-esque type of anime I had ever seen. The way the emotions were portrayed were very real and moving to me. I found all of the characters engaging, even the less central characters. I was particularly struck by Nobuse's decision to bear no ill will against Shinichiro or Aiko. It would have been very easy for him to get angry at either or both for how Aiko felt, but his decision to be understanding of his girlfriend's feelings was very admirable. Ths story was so well written and animated that I can only complain about the length of the series. 26 episodes would have allowed for more character development or even more interaction between Shinichiro and Hiromi.
Jun 29, 2009 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
i would have to say the characters and the quality of the anime is wat got me hooked
Jul 7, 2009 8:34 AM

Aug 2008
I really liked Shinichiro from the start. It's just a lot of drama, which I like!

Oct 1, 2009 6:03 PM

Jul 2008
The art and noe! xD
Nov 5, 2009 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
only noe ^_^
Jan 15, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2009
Noe and Shinichiro's personalities and the way they were together.
Also, the artwork in it (People animals, scenery) was BEAUTIFUL, and he's an artist, I'll watch anything if it's about an artist and has a good story (Because I'm a professional artist).
It would have been a perfect anime if the two of them had ended up together....
Jan 15, 2010 5:39 PM

Sep 2009
The artwork was wonderful. This is a must watch in 720p. It is one of the things I really liked about this series.

What I liked most were the interactions between the characters and the characters themselves. You could trace each of their paths and how they came to their choices throughout the series.

The things I didn't like were Aiko's subplot, we could have gone without that. But since she was in the base material (VN, right?) she had to be there somehow. They did get the themes about her and his friend across very well though.
Jan 18, 2010 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
Noe :3

Mar 21, 2012 3:40 PM
Jan 2012
The realistic story, the characters (Noe in particular) and the music. This anime is the first anime that I've watched the opening and ending theme during every single episode :D And this anime made me come the closest I've ever come to crying while watching anime T-T
Jan 17, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
becuause it's unique and touching leaves an impacts on you , it was a true work of art , the artwork was amazing the best of best , everything was good from the characters to changes to the story all in all it was an anime i would rate 10.00
May 12, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2016
Everything ♥
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite Pairing? ( 1 2 )

blissmo - Jan 20, 2008

58 by sonnestark »»
Dec 18, 2014 3:16 PM

» True Tears Drama CD translations

desolato - Jan 15, 2013

1 by chirale »»
Jan 15, 2013 1:39 PM

» True Tears - 300

The-Mask - Apr 14, 2008

9 by sirwence »»
Sep 5, 2009 4:17 AM

» True Tears Image Thread.

Yandere - Feb 16, 2008

1 by evangeline88 »»
Jul 18, 2008 3:14 AM

» Hiromi screenshots

Kotori - Mar 13, 2008

4 by evangeline88 »»
Jul 18, 2008 3:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.