Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2013

This game was good. Choices actually had a greay area, even stuff that don't make a difference felt like they needed some thought.

Pretty good story. Good writing and dialogue along with good voice acting. though it did have its problems along the way, mostly when it came to the writing and voice acting, felt off at quite a few parts.

Episode 1 had most of the problems
Episode 2 is where the tried to fix it
Episode 3 & on wards is where they pretty much hit the sweet spot and only sometimes it would feel off. the main voice actress was the weakest link ie Ep1 but improved along the way.

Ending was....well i won't say but it was good and
Only gripe with it was that it kinda made the choices from before feel pointless.

8.4/10
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Oct 30, 2015 4:54 PM
Jul 2015
Oct 30, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Played ep5 on the night it came out.
I agree, I was upset that it ended up being my choices didn't really matter.

Probably saddest part for me personally was, well...

So all in all, gr8 game. Probably won't play again for the collectibles and all, but yeah.

Oct 30, 2015 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
Who here did not give a single flying fuck about Chloe and chose the town? I know I did.
Oct 30, 2015 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
Now that it's complete i'll buy it when it's on sale, be it Halloween or Christmas sale.
Oct 30, 2015 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
CaimTheJoyful said:
Who here did not give a single flying fuck about Chloe and chose the town? I know I did.

Pretty much. She earned me some respect at the end when she was stopped thinking about herself and told Max to put others b4 her.
I liked her in the beginning, but.. she just started getting so self absorbed throughout the episodes, I can't deal with people like that.

Oct 31, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2007
AhenshihaelOct 31, 2015 5:10 AM
Oct 31, 2015 4:23 AM
Jun 2015
It was a very sad ending.
I only got the ending where

though. I need to get the others.
Oct 31, 2015 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
CookingPriest said:
Chose Chloe. Fuck the town. The town had lots of gross shit going on and chosing the town would kind of made me feel all I did for her did not matter. Chloe was dealt a bad hand in life enough anyway.

Also forsaking whole town for your love makes a beautiful love story.

Althought I agree with this comment, i still choosed the town, I feel the point of the whole game was to "let go"
, and I think letting go of her was also beautiful in a sad way...

Oct 31, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2007
badwolf45f said:
CookingPriest said:

Althought I agree with this comment, i still choosed the town, I feel the point of the whole game was to "let go"

Oct 31, 2015 5:33 AM
Jun 2015
Woah, metacritic has some pretty dumb reviews.
"OMG, THIS WAS SO TERRIBLE! The story was pretending it was deep when it wasn't, every single character was unlikable, unrelatable and downright punchable and the dialogue was terrible! I mean, Victoria is one of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen."

Does anyone else notices several contradictions there?
Oct 31, 2015 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
badwolf45f said:

Exactly my thoughts also.

My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Nov 2, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
I was disappointed in the animation of the characters, their face animation and hand gestures. It was pretty off. Someone as big as Sony should have seen it as one critical selling point and put extra effort into it. It was than heavy rain that came in two thousand nine.

Nov 2, 2015 9:04 AM

Oct 2013
Moechintai4 said:
I was disappointed in the animation of the characters, their face animation and hand gestures. It was pretty off. Someone as big as Sony should have seen it as one critical selling point and put extra effort into it. It was than heavy rain that came in two thousand nine.

But its not a ps4 exclusive so would Sony give a damn? Its a multi platform game published by square enix.

I think they had a low budget so they I'd say they did pretty well with that considering that and the small time frame between each episode. Looked and animated a hell of a lot better than anything TellTale has put out.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Nov 2, 2015 3:05 PM

Dec 2014
CaimTheJoyful said:

I chose Chloe because I got inspired from thewalkingdeadseason2 and thought it would end with saving both. Yeah, I looked at her going through a teenage phase throughout the entire game being stubborn as balls, calling Rachel a bitch for going out with Frank and not spending time with her.

Overall though, both endings are ehh... I'd probably prefer the one sacrificing Chloe as it was better written. Saving her, having em drive through town all smiling n shit.... duh hell?

Don't get me wrong peeps, I like her punk aspect but I saw that she just wanted attention and thats somewhat of a boring reason and is really too ignorant and teenagery >_>.
Is this where you live?

Nov 3, 2015 1:34 AM

Jul 2014
LatentNov 3, 2015 1:40 AM
Nov 3, 2015 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
jambutters said:

Don't get me wrong peeps, I like her punk aspect but I saw that she just wanted attention and thats somewhat of a boring reason and is really too ignorant and teenagery >_>.

"She wanted attention"?

She lived for years blaming herself and her mother for what happened to her father.
She had to put up with an abusive control freak of a step father.
The only person that was by her side literally abandoned her within the timespan of her father's death.
The only other person that could replace her ended up disappearing without trace.

No shit she is fucked up. Life has been playing one practical joke after the other to her.

Latent said:

Determinism versus free will and whether we are willing to pay the price to defy fate.

Moechintai4 said:

SONY did not make the game. Square Enix published the game and it was made by DotNod.
Nov 3, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
Latent said:

My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Nov 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
jambutters said:

"She wanted attention"?

She lived for years blaming herself and her mother for what happened to her father.
She had to put up with an abusive control freak of a step father.
The only person that was by her side literally abandoned her within the timespan of her father's death.
The only other person that could replace her ended up disappearing without trace.

No shit she is fucked up. Life has been playing one practical joke after the other to her.

>She had to put up with an abusive control freak of a step father.
War causes paranoia. Yes he was a dick but I took both sides into account.

>The only person that was by her side literally abandoned her within the timespan of her father's death.
Abandoned? Max didn't even know that her father died. She clearly regrets leaving her but Chloe keeps pushing it.

>The only other person that could replace her ended up disappearing without trace.
ehh doesn't mean Chloe has to go all calling her a bitch and hating her momentarily for simply hanging out with Frank. She even started going off on Frank even though she knew that they Rachel was just as important to Frank as she was to her.

>No shit she is fucked up. Life has been playing one practical joke after the other to her.
Shes not fucked up, shes just acting on her rage and she is entitled to do that but common, its getting her killed :l
peanutbuttersNov 3, 2015 1:40 PM
Is this where you live?

Nov 5, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Nov 5, 2015 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
Latent said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Nostalgic in what way? The high school thing? was that accurate?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Nov 6, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2015
TL;DR the endings sucked so bad they actually destroyed the whole point of the story.
ZeesNov 6, 2015 6:56 PM
Nov 6, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
I liked Chloe as a character. She was very realistic. Felt like I was actually interacting and talking to a girl with daddy issues and an inordinate amount of emotional stints.

But, she was so well done that I hated her as a person.
Nov 8, 2015 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
Annd, Life is Strange 2 is confirmed as somthing DotNod will do after Vampyr.
Nov 8, 2015 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Annd, Life is Strange 2 is confirmed as somthing DotNod will do after Vampyr.

yay i seen that too.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
15 minutes ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

55 by Zedlin »»
8 hours ago

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.