Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 21, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
Well there is far more Yuri manga then anime so... manga is better :P
Nov 21, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
We've had this thread so many times lol but I guess getting some new opinions doesn't hurt.

A top Anime>A top Manga. Too many anime are subpar compared to the manga but if that anime is done right, then it can exceed the manga. You constantly see people say that X Shounen Manga>Anime. That's cause many times the anime is filled with filler, changes, censorship, subpar art, etc... That doesn't mean manga is better than anime. It means that the manga was executed better than the anime.

Music, voice acting, and animation can take anime to superior heights.

It also depends on the genre. You don't really need great music, voice acting, or animation for a comedy. In fact, things can probably be executed better in a manga format.
RichtheLionheartNov 21, 2015 5:26 PM
Nov 21, 2015 8:44 PM

Feb 2015
well I love anime...but i also love manga...actually it depends on several things...
like the genres... i think action/ sports genres when they are well animated, are better in anime, because It is more exciting to watch, but when it comes to a deep story, or a big plot development story, i think anime will be kinda annoying... so at that topic, manga is better.
anime have a several good things...like voice actors, music, color, animation, art...and manga doesn't have this..
but manga have more detailed scences, and when an anime is an adaptation from a manga, even if the anime is well adaptaded, manga have allways something more... that's what i think...
UgokanaiDec 6, 2015 6:46 AM
Nov 22, 2015 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
I generally prefer anime but if I really enjoy a series, I'll continue it in the manga.
Nov 22, 2015 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I grew up on manga so I like them better. But I watch more anime these days since lots have nice OST :)
Nov 23, 2015 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
I wouldn't say I prefer manga over anime, but... somehow I can start a manga more easily than an anime.
Jan 20, 2016 2:47 AM
Jun 2015
I agree. I haven't read that much manga(Although, I've read a lot more than what's on my list)but I already like it more than anime.
Jan 20, 2016 3:26 AM

Oct 2015
I can only find some anime that suit my taste but i've found plenty of manga that are 100% my taste.

Manga pros:
Manga has more detail
If you dislike the sound of a seiyuu's voice, you won't be able to hear it in manga (my bro often complains about voice actors/actress' voices)
Jan 20, 2016 4:17 AM

Jan 2010
I prefer manga, it's already been ages that I've seen an anime which I could call a masterpiece. Lately I don't watch any anime at all because I can't find an anime that I say, I want to watch it. The problem is most good anime is an adaption where I read the manga from. And I don't like watching anything that I've already rode the manga off.
Jan 24, 2016 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
I like manga, but reading overarching stories is time-consuming. I wouldn't say anime is better, but music is something that I want from it. I'd be interested in any other good standalone manga stories like Case Closed.
Jan 24, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
I would have to say I prefer manga but my tastes in manga are different to my tastes in anime so I can enjoy them both for different things depending on what it is.
Jan 24, 2016 5:49 AM
Sep 2015
It depends. Some manga started well but finished like a disaster, therefore, the anime version is best. But you'll always find more accuracy in the manga the than the anime. So for this I like manga better.
Jan 24, 2016 8:29 PM

Jan 2016
I don't watch anime. I only read manga.
Jan 25, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2015
I prefer anime, however recently I've been buying a lot of manga books.
Jan 25, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
If the content and art style are the same, I will always choose anime. But normally they are better in manga so it's hard to say
You should try reading some.
Jan 25, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Definitely. You get more information from its adaptation, and anime always seem to be lacking smth.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 26, 2016 12:57 AM
Jan 2016
I think Manga are more "genuine".
sometimes I find anime was such adapted for stupid kids target
Jan 26, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2015
I like Anime a little bit more, with Manga i kinda need motivation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
The difference is similar to books vs movies. I think almost always, written words tell the plot and portray the characters better because you literally get to see inside everyone's heads. In movies/anime, characters' thoughts are limited to voice-overs (worst device) or actions/speech. And because it's expensive, things must be squeezed in or cut out altogether.

I think anime does action better (a la "one punch man" or "kill la kill") but is worse at comedy (some things don't translate example shin chan), intellectual/philosophical discussions, character development (characters always feel less deep), and plot devices that require lots of explanation.
Jan 28, 2016 2:36 PM
Aug 2014
It depends..... There are a lot more amazing ROMANCE stuff in manga (like seriously, the amount of cuteness is vast...) But really that is, so far, the only genre I've read.
In anime, on the other hand, I like more or less all genres.
But there are some genres (Like shounen and action stuff too I guess) that are more often made into anime (guess it makes sense because action stuff are more intense when there is actual movement), so if you want something in a genre that is more rare, then manga would be the way to go I think.
I think you should give it a go! But I love reading in generel, so it's not hard for me to start something up.
Jan 28, 2016 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
Not really, I enjoy the animation and sound too much to feel that way :p
Jan 30, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2009
It depends actually... Most manga are more in-depth than their anime, and most anime are not really completed in terms of the main plot and you have to continue it through reading the manga because you will never get to rest in peace until you know what happened until the end.
However, I prefer watching anime more than reading manga when it comes to shounen genres. I like watching the fight scenes in real action, you know, than imagining it yourself moving. And also those with musical genres, ofc. :)

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jan 30, 2016 11:36 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Anime, manga, or novel, it's almost always better to read/watch original work of the creator.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Feb 2, 2016 10:27 AM
May 2015
I personally prefer manga over anime ^^
Feb 2, 2016 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
I usually prefer manga over anime since most anime just ruin entire arcs (knb adaptation with teiko) or the entire manga itself (you know what i'm talking about).
Feb 2, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
Oreo-Icecream said:
Anime, manga, or novel, it's almost always better to read/watch original work of the creator.

Such a good point! Think about books based on movies lol.
Feb 3, 2016 2:40 AM

May 2014
I am into manga more than anime, though I could say I am okay with any. The thing about manga is that I feel more connected to the mangaka themselves. I noticed there are some 'inside jokes' that exists in the manga and is cut out of the anime. Also, to fit in the story to the amount of time given for the anime, it feels quite rushed.
Feb 5, 2016 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
i think what makes anime better than manga is music and voice, of course.
can you think about luffy without his voice? or zoro? or chopper or franky or brook.. well i cant.
but what makes manga better than anime is effectiveness of the drawings.

each one has its own thing. its up to you, your taste.
EustassKiddo !
Feb 5, 2016 2:29 PM
Jan 2016
I read a couple mangas and I love them , but to me anime is a little better than manga . ANIME !! Yay!
Feb 5, 2016 3:43 PM
Nov 2015
Of course
Don't ask why
Feb 6, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
Definitely. Not only can I read at my own pace but its also much easier to find legitimately good entertainment that isn't pandered to otaku.
Feb 7, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
I have found that I much prefer manga. It's more laid back for me. Especially with the more horror related anime.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 7, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2016
well, I like it how you could read it faster than watch 20 mins episode each
Feb 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Dec 2015
I always like the manga better than the show, usually just because the manga updates faster. No but seriously if I like a show I usually just end up reading the manga half way through and I read way more than I watch.
Feb 10, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
I like anime more. Probably because the sound, VAs, music, color, etc had another layer and I can be lazier about clicking or anything.

Also, I like the top 100 anime much more than the top 100 manga. The manga skew toward a bit more edgy stuff imo.
Feb 11, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2014
Depend the manga and the anime they made. I like Rosario+Vampire manga, but the anime is awful.
Feb 18, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
I love them both, but I guess I do one more than the other. I can't go through the day without reading at least 2 volumes.

"With all due respect, if you keep running your mouth, I'm gonna lose it."
Feb 18, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
I prefer manga over anime.
Feb 19, 2016 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
I'd prefer manga.

P.S Rainbow manga is soooo awesoooome!!!
Jul 19, 2016 3:56 AM

Nov 2015
I got tired of watching anime so I decided to switch over to reading manga. And, I've got to say that reading manga is way, much entertaining than watching anime. When it comes to reading manga each and every page is packed with content to tell. You want to know what's in each page. I agree with @BelleSadique . I can't last a day without reading at least 2 volumes a day. It shows how much fun reading manga compared to anime. Because with anime, you get of watching it real fast.
Jul 19, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2016
nah, i like all of them including manhua and manwhua

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Jul 19, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
Nope,but I like my top 5 manga more,than my top 5 anime.
Jul 20, 2016 7:46 AM
Oct 2015
Yes! I love manga. Used to be a huge anime fan but I find manga easier to manage. I don't often have time to sit in front of a tv or monitor so manga makes things easier. I can pick it up and stop where I want without worrying about losing my spot in the chapter. Also manga sometimes leaves huge convos and important parts out. Learned my lesson with Akira. I would recommend Vagabond to you or 20th century boys. Also Tokyo Ghoul and Dorohedoro are dope!
- we are all seekers -
Jul 21, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2015
Depends on the work.

There are works that make me want to know the original and get closer to the author. Shingeki no Kyojin is one. I love its manga more than the anime. I get and feel more a lot from it. There's something about Isayama's art (the art, character design, panels, background, the rawness, etc.) that strongly evokes feelings. Not only feelings, but also some hints about the story.

That is, there are mangas that make me feel that the original and true work is more than just the story told, but also what i get from everything there is in the manga. If I feel that the manga gives me the truer and fuller sense of the true original work, then I'll like the manga more.

There are mangas that make me feel like the manga is merely a means through which the story is told (i.e., i don't get much from the drawings except the story), then i'd be content even if there were only the anime version. (Ex. Hunter X Hunter)

There are also very well-illustrated mangas that just really deserve and need an anime adaptation to make the story--with its action-filled or imaginative, colorful, lively scenes and/or characters--come alive more and savored more. (Ex. One Punch Man)
蒼穹を舞う。
Jul 21, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2016
I like manga more because I like reading a lot and I'm a fast reader.
I also like looking at the nice artstyles.
I get more attached to characters while reading and I read more manga than I watch anime nowadays.

And I don't watch a lot of gore or horror so reading gore/horror is easier for me, whether manga or books.
sausidgeSep 11, 2016 11:57 AM
Rainbow is amazing for the sole fact that all the chapters are in alphabetical order.

Jul 22, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
I love manga a lot and I read manga more than I watch anime. I love romance manga more than anime ones, but I love action anime more than manga ones.
Jul 22, 2016 12:59 AM

Oct 2014
I don't think there's anything quite as relaxing as a nice moe manga. I still do mostly watch anime, though.
Jul 31, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
Idk, I've read a decent amount of manga but is mostly/all in progress stuff so I'm probably missing out. I can tell you one thing ecchi is a million times better in manga then anime.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Jul 31, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
I wouldn't say I like it more, but I definitely like reading manga to see the story in it's original format and seeing how it goes compared to the anime. Sometimes just even seeing how the story continues where the anime left off.

I don't really like action manga all that much though, I don't really like reading action scenes. I'd rather watch the anime and not have to try to decipher the action in manga format.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 31, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
Both are unique. Anime can be more entertaining since they have music/sounds and flashy scenes but I preffer manga.

Anime adaptations might not exactly be what the mangaka wanted it to be like, for the sake of getting more audience or other reasons.

An example could be yugioh, which gave me a very different feeling from the anime when I read it, had parts that were missing from the anime and the art looked way more interesting.

The artwork in a manga can be very interesting to look at, having a lot of stunning drawings and its interesting noticing how the mangaka uses imagination to set up panels.

There are also things in manga that you perceive using your own imagination and compensate for the lack of sound effects and might in fact even make it better.

If you like an anime based on manga I would suggest reading the original as well for all the reasons above (and more).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

391 by Zero_xtx »»
8 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

13 by Maou_heika »»
9 hours ago

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - Yesterday

2 by JaniSIr »»
11 hours ago

» Name of this manhwa?

Notadmin - May 7

1 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » why do some people hate manhwa/ua so much???

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

11 by bcasey25raptor »»
May 7, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.