Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2015 7:01 PM
Apr 2014
Interview with ichii_1

Tell us more about yourself

My name is ichii_1 and I'm in my early 20's and I live in Aruba, this probably won't be long since I don't usually write massive amount of text :)
I have a Associate of Science Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management and I've been an on and off NEET for about 4 years now. I just can't get a job for some reason, they have something against me, I think they're threatened by my good looks and that I'll take over their job if they hire me (I've been to over 30 places even the gov.)
I also know 4 languages.

The name ichii_1 is inspired by the Bleach song nr.1 of course, but also this song, iichi-bal.

Give us a brief history of your time on MAL. Which sections of MAL are you the most active on?

I joined MAL because it was a big anime site with an good looking interface and an active community unlike most other sites (ANN sucks). I didn't post much at first, but I've got a lot of time now and I've abandoned most western entertainment as well.

Anime Discussion I guess, maybe I'll venture to the other ones someday ;)

How do you think the MAL community sees you? How do you feel about that?

They see my superior doge avatar and think I'm a troll :'(
Also their bandwagon hate for bleach makes them see me as a bleachtard (or any series I praise). But I don't care, someone's gotta defend them and enlighten these sheep.

What do you feel about the board you use the most? What do you feel about the community in general?

AD keeps me entertained for now.
For a supposed anime community, there sure a lot of people who truly see anime/manga as a inferior medium (not the trolls) and still continue to watch/read it, they disgust me.

You have multiple posts praising Bleach one way or another, expressing levels of investment in the series. As such, when watching Bleach, how would you say the sub/dub debate affects one's interpretation and experience of the show?

Most dubs have bad voice acting which completely ruins the experience. Can't these people even pronounce English? it just highlights the fact they look down on anime. The atmosphere, emotions and unprofessionalism is just wrong. It's less noticeable with kids though, since I didn't really notice it either in my dub watching days. When I heard Sanji from One Piece 4kids dub voice is when I graduated into the #SubsMasterRace

The Bleach dub is okay, not bad but not the best either.

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't turn into ANN and oppresses posts and you can't even lightly flame.

Any users you like? Why?

I'm pretty indifferent.

Any users you dislike? Why?

Anyone who bashes my favorite series :(
Go fuck yourself.

What are some MAL members you consider the most influential? You're not allowed to include yourself.

Stark700 and his obsession with beginning threads is influential I guess :P

Is there a MAL member you would want to take on a date or get to know better? Who and why?

Any girls are welcome, but must have a pretty face and not fat. Cute traps are welcome too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you see yourself leaving MAL in the near future? Why?

Maybe when I'm in my 30's, the peer pressure from other adults and society might get to me :(

Can you recommend us 3 members who we can choose from to interview next and briefly explain why you would love to read their interviews?

2weeaboo4u, MAL’s rising star and the protector of weebs.

Any feedback on the interview format?

Not really.

Any shameless self-promotions? Perhaps you want more publicity for your club, or a suggestion for the community to see?

Maybe I'll be posting stuff soon, I don't know yet since I have shitty drawing skills.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=13801546

And go read TORIKO
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ichii_1/reviews
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 12, 2015 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
Nice short interview ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 12, 2015 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
Short, but sweet. I honestly thought you would have more personality if interviewed but you seem pretty relaxed.
Oct 16, 2015 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
Coolspot said:
Short, but sweet. I honestly thought you would have more personality if interviewed but you seem pretty relaxed.

Because I don't feel like writing humongous walls of text like the others, geezus how do you even do that?
Oct 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
Coolspot said:

Because I don't feel like writing humongous walls of text like the others, geezus how do you even do that?

Thats what I am thinking I dont think I know myself well enough to type that much lol.
Oct 18, 2015 11:50 PM

May 2012
Oct 25, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2012
I don't care for his avatar.
Nov 5, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
Just transfer in Venuzuela then
Oh w8
Nvm
PoeticJustice said:
ichii is a legend.
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.