Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
Well maybe I should continue reading novel soon. Definitely gonna watch this.
A reboot of aincrad arc wouldve been better. Oh well...
Mar 13, 2016 1:07 PM
Mar 2012
Senpaoi said:
Anyway, I really hope Kirito starts to have more character though. He's always been that kinda sweet, protective, op guy, but he's not someone you can really connect to unless you are a loner that got a hot chick for a video game. Oddly, he's also good at a bunch of shit he shouldn't be good at, making him an even worse design..

If they screw this up after making a decent one for once (Mother's Rosario), I'm done with the SAO anime.
You should read the light novel. The anime is one of the worst adaptations I have ever seen by turning a well-developed story into a low quality harem action fantasy.

I definitely agree that Kirito's character depicted in the anime is badly designed, making me feel like he is a different entity from novel version Kirito sharing the same name.
Mar 13, 2016 5:32 PM

Sep 2014
Why don't they just start making the anime adaptation of the Progressive novels? Haven't read them, but a more in depth Aincrad arc is exactly what we need now, and honestly it can't be worse than SAO II. Had high hopes for this movie and yet even the first visual we got disappointed me.
Mar 16, 2016 11:38 PM

Nov 2014
starlessn1ght said:
Know what? Exactly what I wanted!!! We didn't have enough KiriAsu last season, so this is wonderful news!

I SO AGREE WITH YOU DUDE, THERE WAS NO ROMANCE AT ALL IN S2 WHICH WAS DISAPPOINTING ._.
Mar 18, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
Man, fuck a reboot. Alicization is Godly.
"I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser. Don't hesitate to call."

Mar 24, 2016 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
Attxck said:
Why don't they just start making the anime adaptation of the Progressive novels? Haven't read them, but a more in depth Aincrad arc is exactly what we need now, and honestly it can't be worse than SAO II. Had high hopes for this movie and yet even the first visual we got disappointed me.

Progressive is really good imo. The characters and the romance are so much better than the original.

Just hope they will adapt Progressive in the future to fix the shits in the first season.
Mar 26, 2016 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 26, 2016 11:13 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
Latest key visual
Yay, looks like its going to have a sci-fi setting.
Mar 26, 2016 11:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Was at the Sakura-con 2016 movie panel today with the author, illustrator/designer, editor and the movie production staff. The only vague outline involves:

-Ordinal Scale the name refers to a ranking system within the new augmented reality game (called Ordinal Scale) Apparently the plot involves a loophole (?) at "gaming" the ranking system and Kirito is aiming for the top numbers.
-Augma technology is like a midpoint between Amusphere and the Neural link in Accel World (this does not confirm AW is necessarily related to this movie though...)
-Most if not all characters from second season will make appearance in the game (they showed never-before seen side character design for the movie)

Apparently it appears the movie hasn't started production yet so it will be a long wait until 2017.

Good news (?) is that Aniplex is guaranteeing a "worldwide release IN THEATERS". It seems it will be released worldwide in regular theaters so you can buy tickets instead of waiting for the Bluray release.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 27, 2016 8:20 PM
May 2015
wakka9ca said:
Was at the Sakura-con 2016 movie panel today with the author, illustrator/designer, editor and the movie production staff. The only vague outline involves:

-Ordinal Scale the name refers to a ranking system within the new augmented reality game (called Ordinal Scale) Apparently the plot involves a loophole (?) at "gaming" the ranking system and Kirito is aiming for the top numbers.
-Augma technology is like a midpoint between Amusphere and the Neural link in Accel World (this does not confirm AW is necessarily related to this movie though...)
-Most if not all characters from second season will make appearance in the game (they showed never-before seen side character design for the movie)

Apparently it appears the movie hasn't started production yet so it will be a long wait until 2017.

Good news (?) is that Aniplex is guaranteeing a "worldwide release IN THEATERS". It seems it will be released worldwide in regular theaters so you can buy tickets instead of waiting for the Bluray release.

-Oh my fucking god, they're going to make Kirito OP again by making him reach the top ranking system in this AR game. I'm calling it right now. Reki is writing the script though so I'm a little hopeful that it won't happen.
-Reki is probably going to try and connect AW and SAO..
-I actually saw an augmented reality equipped for Sinon so glad to hear she and the rest of the characters are coming back. New side characters are also welcome xD

Hold up...Worldwide Release? Does that mean it's also going to show here in Canada? Ohh man, SAO movie, Heaven's Feel, Fate/Extra, Star Wars: Episode 8 all coming out in 2017...2017 is going to be one of the best years for me xD
jc9622Mar 27, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 29, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
jc9622 said:
wakka9ca said:

-Oh my fucking god, they're going to make Kirito OP again by making him reach the top ranking system in this AR game. I'm calling it right now. Reki is writing the script though so I'm a little hopeful that it won't happen.
-Reki is probably going to try and connect AW and SAO..
-I actually saw an augmented reality equipped for Sinon so glad to hear she and the rest of the characters are coming back. New side characters are also welcome xD

Hold up...Worldwide Release? Does that mean it's also going to show here in Canada? Ohh man, SAO movie, Heaven's Feel, Fate/Extra, Star Wars: Episode 8 all coming out in 2017...2017 is going to be one of the best years for me xD

Hell yeah, bae. I can't wait too!
Apr 29, 2016 6:05 AM

Jun 2015
I don't read the LN, not that i care either, and i want to ask something. Will it be real life death penalty like season 1?
Dec 6, 2016 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Damn the animation looks amazing af. I wonder how much is the budget of this movie?
Dec 7, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2016
mizukasa said:
Damn the animation looks amazing af. I wonder how much is the budget of this movie?
Who knows? Maybe they really spent much on this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Feb 18, 2017

380 by CcCharles »»
Apr 6, 1:32 AM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.