Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2015 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
I'm betting it will get 22 episodes in total, one cour for the heroine routes and another for Moon/Terra.
Sep 27, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
Tenyasha said:
I'm betting it will get 22 episodes in total, one cour for the heroine routes and another for Moon/Terra.

It sounds rushed
Sep 27, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Tenyasha said:

It sounds rushed

Yeah, I'm just basing this number from what they did with Grisaia. I sure hope I'm wrong ^^'
Sep 27, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
48 would be a miracle in this day and age, still I need to play it before it airs
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 27, 2015 1:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
48 would be a miracle in this day and age, still I need to play it before it airs
Well I don't think anyone is expecting a continuous 4-cour airing exactly, but 2x 2-cours isn't impossible. Sure it's not common, but for popular works it still happens (like Log Horizon a while back for example)
Sep 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Well I don't think anyone is expecting a continuous 4-cour airing exactly, but 2x 2-cours isn't impossible. Sure it's not common, but for popular works it still happens (like Log Horizon a while back for example)

Given that Aniplex is in the production team, and this is the first time they've worked with 8-bit, there'll probably be enough budget to get around that many episodes
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 27, 2015 1:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
HaXXspetten said:

Given that Aniplex is in the production team, and this is the first time they've worked with 8-bit, there'll probably be enough budget to get around that many episodes
Yeah I think as much as I don't have faith in 8-bit, the decision on how many episodes the adaptation will get isn't actually theirs as far as I know. With Aniplex doing the funding and Romeo Tanaka himself helping with the scripting, you'd have to reckon that ought to be enough to get a respectable budget and episode count for the anime

Though that's just how it should be of course :s
Sep 27, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Yeah I think as much as I don't have faith in 8-bit, the decision on how many episodes the adaptation will get isn't actually theirs as far as I know. With Aniplex doing the funding and Romeo Tanaka himself helping with the scripting, you'd have to reckon that ought to be enough to get a respectable budget and episode count for the anime

Though that's just how it should be of course :s

Also, the whole staff knows that this is a Key work, so they know they must give 110%
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 27, 2015 2:38 PM
Apr 2013
aspaknyaa said:

Btw which one Kotaou would choose
that's on the common route and would really make difference between the stories (at least in the VN)

Or they could always hide what Kotarou answered for the last question, and then reveal it at the start of the heroine's route.

Then again, only two of the five heroines actually need Kotarou to answer specifically if he's going to change the world or himself. The rest of the time, he could answer that he don't know.
Sep 27, 2015 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
All I hope is that 8-bit won't try to squeeze Rewrite into 12-13 episodes.
Sep 27, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2014
The minimum is 36-40 to make it work. Any less and I won't watch it, any more will be a miracle.
Sep 27, 2015 7:12 PM
Aug 2012
The big question is whether the producers are committing to a complete adaptation, or if they'll adapt part of it and then decide if sales are strong enough to continue.

Key's insistence on the former always made negotiations difficult, but it's possible that they've relaxed the requirement (either that or the success of Little Busters convinced Aniplex to go all-in).

Kruzy said:
I've only followed the beginning of the UtD project and stopped caring afterwards.

Just as an update, this failed to pan out. Yura had to sell his stake in the production, so it's now under the control of industry players (Aurora, Kinema Citrus).

Under the Dog and Little Witch Academia did increase Japanese interest in crowdfunding. However, the initiatives are generally launched in association with traditional investors (which avoids the risk of stepping on someone's toes), so the odds of a parallel industry emerging seem slim.
Sep 27, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Yerld said:
The big question is whether the producers are committing to a complete adaptation, or if they'll adapt part of it and then decide if sales are strong enough to continue.

Key's insistence on the former always made negotiations difficult, but it's possible that they've relaxed the requirement (either that or the success of Little Busters convinced Aniplex to go all-in).

Considering this is a Key work, Key would want their visual novel to get a complete adaptation like their other ones. But yes, we'll have to see.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 28, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
Yerld said:

Considering this is a Key work, Key would want their visual novel to get a complete adaptation like their other ones. But yes, we'll have to see.

I'd not be 100% sure about it, but oh well...
Sep 28, 2015 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
sanata50lbsb said:

I'd not be 100% sure about it, but oh well...

Yeah, it's just an assumption though.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 1, 2015 8:09 PM

Sep 2015
Based on grisaia:
11 eps common route (kajitsu)
11 eps kotori route (rakuen)
1 or 2 eps terra route (meikyuu)
kotori's route is
Oct 1, 2015 9:12 PM
Jul 2012
aspaknyaa said:
Based on grisaia:
11 eps common route (kajitsu)
11 eps kotori route (rakuen)
1 or 2 eps terra route (meikyuu)
kotori's route is
I doubt it considering Grisaia had to work with a non existent
it would of course be a kinda ruined adaption considering the sequels did a nice job I can't blame them for kajitsu.
Oct 1, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
sanata50lbsb said:

What would be god-like: 24 episodes for season 1, 24 episodes for season 2, and then 13 for season 3 (Moon and Terra)

Aren't 48 episodes enough? 61 episodes will never happen...

I was considering the length of the routes overall when I wrote this. Now that I think about that, it would drag ALOT if it was that much. 48 would be pretty good amount.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 2, 2015 12:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
Xenocrisi said:

Aren't 48 episodes enough? 61 episodes will never happen...

I was considering the length of the routes overall when I wrote this. Now that I think about that, it would drag ALOT if it was that much. 48 would be pretty good amount.
Not necessarily. Ufotable gave UBW almost 30 episodes (numerous double length episodes after all) and that worked out pretty well, and Rewrite has many similarities story-wise to that and is more than 3 times as long overall. So I don't think 5 cours would be very hard to fill out if you just cut out a bit less content
Oct 2, 2015 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
Well I think most ideal would be 48 eps, split by two 24 episode seasons. More realistically would be season 1 (24 eps) and season 2 (13 eps).

Five cours would never happen. Even if they butchered Grisaia, I still can't see Rewrite being adapted in 13 episodes, even if they rush things, it is not possible. So the highest chance for a episode count could be either 24 eps (which is still a disaster) or 37 eps (24+13), which imo, is not that bad.
Oct 2, 2015 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
Ruben_Jb said:
Well I think most ideal would be 48 eps, split by two 24 episode seasons. More realistically would be season 1 (24 eps) and season 2 (13 eps).

Five cours would never happen. Even if they butchered Grisaia, I still can't see Rewrite being adapted in 13 episodes, even if they rush things, it is not possible. So the highest chance for a episode count could be either 24 eps (which is still a disaster) or 37 eps (24+13), which imo, is not that bad.

24+13 is still bad if you include Moon and Terra.

Given 8bit, 24+13 is not that bad if Moon and Terra are excluded on that count.

Oct 2, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
Tennouji_ said:
Ruben_Jb said:

Could be that I've forgotten a lot about Rewrite since I played it 2 years ago, especially on the length and importance of many details in the plot. But I think you're right... So including Moon and Terra, 2x 24 eps would be fine right? I mean, we can't possibly ask more than that... that's just not realistic.
Oct 2, 2015 5:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ruben_Jb said:
Tennouji_ said:

Could be that I've forgotten a lot about Rewrite since I played it 2 years ago, especially on the length and importance of many details in the plot. But I think you're right... So including Moon and Terra, 2x 24 eps would be fine right? I mean, we can't possibly ask more than that... that's just not realistic.
Roughly 50 eps should be just right
Oct 2, 2015 8:12 PM

Sep 2012
All right, I'm gonna lay it out right now.

I think Rewrite will get a 1 cour season, maybe with a sequel season to follow it up. Aniplex has historically not been generous at all with Key.
Years ago, before Warner Bros. Japan and JC Staff picked up Little Busters, they offered 1 cour for Little Busters.
They gave Angel Beats 1 cour soon after. Despite being hugely successful, they didn't up their offer for LB! and provide a better deal for the Little Busters adaptation, so it went to Warner Bros.

And then we have Charlotte, which only got 1 cour, despite having a huge cast of characters.

Now, the matter that's argued the most about Angel Beats! and Charlotte are that:
a.) They should've been 2-cour+ series. (no one could really argue otherwise)
b.) In the case of Angel Beats, it was "supposed to be" 2+ cours, but got shortened in production or whatever. Now, there's a bit of evidence for this, as Jun Maeda said he had to cut content (he mostly mentioned excessive gags) and there's the large cast. However, AB! was planned as a multimedia project, and Jun Maeda and the PA Works director guy told the VAs to voice the characters with a VN adaptation in mind. (I'm not sure what this has in regards to character voicing, but this was mentioned in an interview.)

There's also the fact that Rewrite isn't as big of a series in Japan, and it's a work that only carries Jun Maeda's name for a few songs. Writing quality aside, Jun Maeda is what drives Key, and Rewrite is better received in the West relative to Japan. (Compare VNDB to Erogamescape or refer to discussions on the difference in writing and how the lack of Maeda is a positive thing for a lot of people.)

However, the popularity of a series (especially a VN) isn't always a huge factor in how good the adaptation will be. VN adaptations are volatile, and there are few teams of animation staff who are good at pulling them off. We know how LB turned out after all, despite its huge popularity.

So, I'm hesitant about Aniplex suddenly bringing out the big bucks, especially with 8-bit as the studio, for an adaptation of Rewrite. I don't think it will get more than 2 cours total, and 1 cour at a time at the most.

Don't get your hopes up and imagine how well a series could be planned out with 50 episodes, because there's no way that's happening.
Oct 2, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:

I think Rewrite will get a 1 cour season, maybe with a sequel season to follow it up. Aniplex has historically not been generous at all with Key.
Years ago, before Warner Bros. Japan and JC Staff picked up Little Busters, they offered 1 cour for Little Busters.
They gave Angel Beats 1 cour soon after. Despite being hugely successful, they didn't up their offer for LB! and provide a better deal for the Little Busters adaptation, so it went to Warner Bros.

And then we have Charlotte, which only got 1 cour, despite having a huge cast of characters.

Now, the matter that's argued the most about Angel Beats! and Charlotte are that:
b.) In the case of Angel Beats, it was "supposed to be" 2+ cours, but got shortened in production or whatever. Now, there's a bit of evidence for this, as Jun Maeda said he had to cut content (he mostly mentioned excessive gags) and there's the large cast. However, AB! was planned as a multimedia project, and Jun Maeda and the PA Works director guy told the VAs to voice the characters with a VN adaptation in mind. (I'm not sure what this has in regards to character voicing, but this was mentioned in an interview.)

There's also the fact that Rewrite isn't as big of a series in Japan, and it's a work that only carries Jun Maeda's name for a few songs. Writing quality aside, Jun Maeda is what drives Key, and Rewrite is better received in the West relative to Japan. (Compare VNDB to Erogamescape or refer to discussions on the difference in writing and how the lack of Maeda is a positive thing for a lot of people.)

However, the popularity of a series (especially a VN) isn't always a huge factor in how good the adaptation will be. VN adaptations are volatile, and there are few teams of animation staff who are good at pulling them off. We know how LB turned out after all, despite its huge popularity.

So, I'm hesitant about Aniplex suddenly bringing out the big bucks, especially with 8-bit as the studio, for an adaptation of Rewrite. I don't think it will get more than 2 cours total, and 1 cour at a time at the most.

Don't get your hopes up and imagine how well a series could be planned out with 50 episodes, because there's no way that's happening.

fuck...

Although, shouldn't it be taken into account that Angel Beats and Charlotte were both original works? So they didn't have to worry about episode count or source material?
sanata50lbsbOct 2, 2015 10:59 PM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 2, 2015 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
Vladz0r said:

Where did you get that information from?

Anyways I miss Key + Kyoani already.
Oct 3, 2015 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
Lunar8 said:

me too. T____T

Please use all of your budget 8-Bit for a 50+ show. Maybe 24 for season one and 24 again for season 2 plus OVA.

I want a show that will give me feels again like Air, Kanon and Clannad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 12:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ezaya said:
Lunar8 said:

me too. T____T

Please use all of your budget 8-Bit for a 50+ show. Maybe 24 for season one and 24 again for season 2 plus OVA.

Rewrite isn't a #feels story to begin with, KyoAni wouldn't change that fact
Oct 3, 2015 12:57 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
ezaya said:

me too. T____T

Tired of getting piss studios for Key adaptations isn't Key really popular in Japan?
Oct 3, 2015 1:03 AM

Apr 2009
Lunar8 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Tired of getting piss studios for Key adaptations isn't Key really popular in Japan?

I also don't know. And why did Kyoto Animation stopped adapting their VN.?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 3:36 AM

Jan 2013
HaXXspetten said:
ezaya said:

me too. T____T

Even if it isn´t a feels story by default like other Key shows, I have to say I cried a lot when reading this VN. It really had sad moments.
Oct 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
Lunar8 said:

Where did you get that information from?

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/2011/11/vava-answers-why-was-little-busters-never-made-into-an-anime/
The one about Angel Beats being voiced with a later VN in mind - I can't find right now.
Oct 4, 2015 1:36 AM
Apr 2014
I honestly think it'll get 12 episodes.

Why?
Simply because a huge chunk of anime released today, adaptation or not, ends up with only 12-13 episodes. I will be honest, I had a really hard time spotting a 24-26 episode show that was released in 2014-2015. It might be because I just suck at searching (which I do suck, I'll be honest), but I've honestly seen only 12-13 episode shows for the past few months now.

I really hope I'm wrong and will have 26 episodes, otherwise, I feel like the pacing of this adaptation will be horrible.
Oct 4, 2015 2:23 AM

Sep 2012
BroilerTM said:

I really hope I'm wrong and will have 26 episodes, otherwise, I feel like the pacing of this adaptation will be horrible.

Nah, it'll definitely just be horrible if it doesn't get at least that much.
Oct 4, 2015 10:12 PM

Apr 2009
Well we better start praying starting today.
Oct 6, 2015 12:36 PM
May 2012
It's pretty much impossible to adapt Rewrite with only 24 or 26 episodes, but I think they will still do that. Being really optmistic, 26 + an OVA + 13 is the best we could get, but I don't think it will actually happen...
Oct 6, 2015 12:41 PM
Sep 2015
24 episode is the most realistic. And it's gonna be split cour
Oct 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
Whereas Grisaia in Kajitsu has approximately 35 hours, not counting all events, all compiled in 10 hours, and yet still managed to be a good fit, at least in Rakuen (which by the way was much shorter the históia.)
Anyway, the quality, we can not deny that 8Bit is a GOOD studio, not great like Madhouse and KyoAni, but is at the level of
A-1 and JC.Staff, so I do not think it will come out sucks.
We take into account the factor then hours to Rewrite.
A visual novel with 70 hours of game 60 maximum excluding some non-essential parts, since Grisaia was adapted from 35 hours to 10 hours, 23 episodes, so naturally, Rewrite will have two seasons, one of 24 episodes would natural, and another 13 episodes, giving 14 hours and 80 minutes. OK, bit much, but wanting to be realistic, because the chorus of Little Busters until it was GOOD less than 24 episodes, I think it would be cool to focus more on Earth and Moon than on the routes of the heroines and the common, but I doubt it It happens.

Just like all anime adapted the key, they will tailor each route, Clannad, LB, Kanon, all of these had at least more than two episodes each for heroin,
then:

Introduction: 2 episodes

Just like all the anime Key, I think two episodes of introduction would be of good size here, more geared for comedy.

Kotori route: 4 episodes

To some this might be the best route of the heroines (for me, after Lucia), then it must have a more special treatment, relying on a primeita season
24 episodes, four episodes would not be asking too much.

Chihaya route: 4 episodes

I know the route it is one of the largest and most boring of the game, and therefore put 4 episodes, has a lot of dialogue and a lot that can be left
out, but this would include cutting some fights, which to me would not change so much, with the fuckers characters is already good

Lucia route: 4 episodes

My favorite route, but admit that it is too short, would fit in 4 episodes of the first season, given the pace of 8Bit.

Shizuru route: 4 episodes

Another route full of dialogues and some boring things, it is great, and I think some things can not be left out

Akane route: 5 episodes

A route that everyone likes and which would fit well in to anime, giving hook for other events, so I think 5 episodes would be the least of it.

My order would be:
Introduction Common route .: 3 episodes
Chihaya route: 4 episodes (It may be an error starting with the most boring, but at least will improve at the end)
Shizuru route: 4 episodes
Lucia route: 4 episodes
Kotori route: 4 episodes
Akane route: 5 episodes

Season - 13 episodes
Land: 7 episodes
Moon: 6 episodes (How will they do this I do not know, but)

Loading more than 100 characters in 14 hours anime, it seems impossible, and can be the same.
Just to make some comparisons:
Little Busters had 60 hours of game making the EX, your anime took 15 hours and 60 minutes, the first half was well suited, there was so gone, the only thing fans complain is the animation and dramatic impact, but otherwise adapted just about everything, even if the story is difficult to adapt, and the chorus was almost perfect, even with 13 episodes, then I believe that hope can not die yet, and agree, hardly ANY studio it was, would make a anime the visual novel of more than 48 episodes, CLANNAD was a rare exception, driven by the boost of the visual novel, but let's get some animes numbers of visual adapted novels:

- Majikoi: 60 hours of play on 12 episodes. Studio: (BAD)
- Fate Stay Night: 80 hours of play on 26 episodes (GREAT)
- Steins; Gate: 35 hours of play on 26 episodes (GREAT)
- Higurashi When Cry: 60 hours of play on 50 episodes (PERFECT)
- True Tears: 35 hours of play on 13 episodes (BOM)

Ideally, when he saw these numbers, it would be 48 episodes, but taking into account the market for anime today, 37 at most would be great.

Director:
The same Grisaia and Katanagatari, not bad, but need to know to dose a few moments of drama and comedy, but the action and suspense, it's great.

Scrip:
Kai: I looked at Kai, he is a published manga, the Shinigami no Kyou is not bad considering it is an ecchi, for a visual novel script, I think it fits well
Tanaka: No worries with this.

Character Design:
Particularly loved the Grisaia design, WELL true to the game, the guy came to animate some Sakurasou of eps in Pet in Kanojo and Nisemonogatari, so ...

Music:
Only accept Togoshi Magome and Shinji Orito.

So do not worry, it'll be a good fit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Nov 2014
WillKamio said:

Lol at that F/SN

Adapting an "80 hour" VN with 26 episodes would've been horrible. What you probably mean is 12-20 hours for the UBW route, not including the prologue.
VarunaBlesOct 15, 2015 8:20 PM
Oct 15, 2015 11:39 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
VarunaBles said:
WillKamio said:

Lol at that F/SN

Adapting an "80 hour" VN with 26 episodes would've been horrible. What you probably mean is 12-20 hours for the UBW route, not including the prologue.
They did 26 eps, several of which were double length of for just one route which was about 15-20 hours... that's more than enough episodes lol

Also no way in hell F/SN is longer than Higurashi
Oct 16, 2015 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
HaXXspetten said:
VarunaBles said:

Lol at that F/SN

They did 26 eps, several of which were double length of for just one route which was about 15-20 hours... that's more than enough episodes lol

I took F / N into account with only one route, such as Archer, why not have put more than 26 episodes. The visual novel gets to be tedious at certain points.

Now I wanted to see how many hours would have a second season of Umineko, considering that the last four games, all have more than 50 hours hahahaha
Oct 16, 2015 5:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
WillKamio said:
HaXXspetten said:

I took F / N into account with only one route, such as Archer, why not have put more than 26 episodes. The visual novel gets to be tedious at certain points.

Now I wanted to see how many hours would have a second season of Umineko, considering that the last four games, all have more than 50 hours hahahaha
The first half is about as long as the second, the anime just butchered it beyond belief

But yeah a full length adaptation of Umineko would easily need 75+ episodes, maybe even 100
Oct 16, 2015 7:31 AM
Jul 2012
True Tears was an anime original it had a complete different story than the visual novel with the same name but they kept the name for some reason.
Oct 16, 2015 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:

26 For 1 route, yes, that I agree with. No way does UBW take 80 hours to finish though, so I thought he meant the whole VN being adapted into 26 episodes would turn out great.
VarunaBlesOct 16, 2015 7:57 AM
Oct 16, 2015 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
WillKamio said:
- Fate Stay Night: 80 hours of play on 26 episodes(GREAT)

[/quote]

Higurashi is closer to 100-120 hours in 50 episodes.
Fate/Stay Night was like 15-20 hours for the Unlimited Blade Works segment
Steins;Gate is 24 episodes, with sizable chunks cut from other endings, so there was plenty of room for pacing here.

Still, hours in a VN to episodes of an anime doesn't really mean much if the studio can't do a good job. There needs to be decent directing, animation, and a good script and series composition that packs enough to keep people interested. Little Busters had 39 episodes but they were used badly, while KyoAni or White Fox could've handled Little Busters with that many episodes. There's a higher ratio of VN hours:anime episodes for Steins;Gate and Clannad than for Little Busters. The other studios just properly packed a lot into each episode, while LB just sorta dragged along under JC Staff without a sufficient script/screenplay density.
Oct 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2010
Vladz0r said:
WillKamio said:
- Fate Stay Night: 80 hours of play on 26 episodes(GREAT)

Higurashi is closer to 100-120 hours in 50 episodes.
Fate/Stay Night was like 15-20 hours for the Unlimited Blade Works segment
Steins;Gate is 24 episodes, with sizable chunks cut from other endings, so there was plenty of room for pacing here.

Still, hours in a VN to episodes of an anime doesn't really mean much if the studio can't do a good job. There needs to be decent directing, animation, and a good script and series composition that packs enough to keep people interested. Little Busters had 39 episodes but they were used badly, while KyoAni or White Fox could've handled Little Busters with that many episodes. There's a higher ratio of VN hours:anime episodes for Steins;Gate and Clannad than for Little Busters. The other studios just properly packed a lot into each episode, while LB just sorta dragged along under JC Staff without a sufficient script/screenplay density.[/quote]

And compared with the staff of Little Busters, so far, the Rewrite does not seem competent? I consider JC Staff far better than 8Bit, yet, and strongly disagree LB was just convincing, ok in the first season they just adapted everything as it was in VN, without making necessary adaptations to TV, which was a little too mechanized, I know it was not the CLANNAD level or Kanon 2006 but KyoAni is another world, there is no comparison with any other studio, I think only Bones and MadHouse would do a job of type (I doubt that both studios would adapt two seasons, nor sold 500,000 copies per DVD), JC Staff did their best, White Fox started well but fell much for some time now, the animation is sometimes very precarious, and the difference in Steins; Gate is that the script itself It is well fuck, who played the visual novel did not complain much of the anime even though he had some things taken for lack of time, adapted anime of Key and Nitroplus / 5pb has a enome difference, the Nitro + and 5pb not have several heroines and routes not extend much, I think much easier to make an adaptation of any visual novel other than the Key (or else Majikoi, which has more than 200 characters, create an anime that was stepping on the head of the fans). Rewrite being the longest visual novel and different from the studio, hardly fall into the hands of KyoAni not to risk making mistakes, much less MadHouse and Bones that are not making many seasons, so let's look at other studios:

Gainax: He made no memorable hit after Evangelion, and I doubt that animate something like Rewrite
Sunrise: It could even adapt, but do not think is the favorite genre of the studio, in addition to the studio not emplaca some time.
SHAFT: Difficult to do more than one season 'then', could do a 3 to 12, but that would take about three years.
Bones and Madhouse: Reasons I have quoted
JC Staff: The studio already takes many works per season, pick up a great responsibility these hinder all team work.
Production IG: Flee the preferred studio themes, but it would be an interesting possibility.
A-1: I do not see the A-1 which is the studio of LN doing some adaptation of VN is not the style.
Brains; Base: There never would have two seasons.
AIC: Very fanservice and medians directions
White Fox: I like the studio because it fits well the works, but the time now has been decreasing, the animation is not the same, ok that the opening of Rewrite was OP, but opening is opening, but it would be a possibility.
PA Works: After Angel Beats and Charlotte, no.
Satelight: Okay then a studio that I thought would be a possibility, he made solid anime and Rewrite style, taking it could do two seasons without any problems.
DEEN: I can criticize me, but I think DEEN do a good job, even with the animation below other studios.

Thus, out 8Bit, the only studio that could make the adaptation Rewrite would Satelight, White Fox and DEEN, but after Grisaia in Rakuen'll take the 8Bit same since KyoAni only venture into more 'soft' productions and less risky now.
Oct 17, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2014
The Rewrite anime should be like this:

First season (25 episodes):
Common route: 8 episodes
Kotori's route : 5 episodes
Chihaya's route: 6 episodes
Lucia's route: 6 episodes

Second season (12 episodes):
Shizuru's route: 5 episodes
Akane's route: 7 episodes

Movie/TV special: Moon route (1 hour)

Third season (11 episodes): Terra route

Between the routes they should show a super quick recap of the common route and stop at a moment where Kotarou makes a choice that leads him into another route.

Hopefully Aniplex gives 8-Bit enough money to go with a format like this
Oct 17, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Reminder that Key are releasing new BD boxes for Little Busters Anime (Fate Zero had a BD box re-release before the UBW anime started airing)

Also I think of Charlotte as a cashgrab series for Rewrite's anime.

and don't forget that we got Aniplex funding Rewrite's anime.

in the official site of Rewrite Romeo Tanaka said that the game fans should look forward to the anime.
and Itaru Hinoue said that the anime will be "The greatest replay of the game"
and the director Tensho said that he will work hard as a Representative of the
Rewrite fans.
it will be very embarrassing for them if the anime turns out to be a shit adaptation.
Oct 17, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
Kruzy said:
Key at least SHOULD, given this is probably their best and most expansive work (that ironical didn't sell well in VN format)

well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewrite_(visual_novel)#Reception
Zayd__Oct 17, 2015 10:44 AM
Oct 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Dec 2011
zaydgh123 said:
in the official site of Rewrite Romeo Tanaka said that the game fans should look forward to the anime.
and Itaru Hinoue said that the anime will be "The greatest replay of the game"

Now I really hope they actually deliver what they're saying.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.