Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
I think that it will get 24 episodes. I'm not expecting a lot of episodes since we are talking about 8-bit.
XenocrisiFeb 16, 2016 2:03 PM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
Considering this is 8-bit, probably 12
Sep 26, 2015 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
KumaKing said:

Please no. I trust them a 8-bit, can't I?
Sep 26, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
KumaKing said:

Yeah, but it will get a sequel for sure.
Sep 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
Based on their history of related works, they have only made 3 2-cour adaptations with one of those being 15 minutes each:

Aquarion Evol
Tokyo Ravens
Encouragement of Climb: Second Season

So really unclear on this.

In a perfect world, 48 episodes of double split cour should work out.
Sep 26, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
^Just 3 shows? Huh. My hopes are still high.
Sep 26, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
And so the 8-bit Circlejerk starts.

If the production committee wants to promote the VN and make a proper adaptation then they'll fund it properly.
Sep 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
The real question is how much episodes *SHOULD* it get, because i have my doubts it'll get what it needs.

You can get a reasonable adaption with 2 cours for Common route, a 2 episode OVA or 1 hour long OVA for Moon, and 10-13 episodes for Terra.

Lets just hope they don't pull a Kajitsu and shove the entire common route in 12 episodes or worse, the entire thing in 12 episodes.

(Going to pick 36 episodes because thats the closest to the appropriate pacing, I think any slower will put people off)
Sep 26, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
I'd like to think that they'll do an initial 2-cour series before doing a second 1-cour series to cover the Moon and Terra routes, whatever those actually are. At the very least, given that they are always talked about as if separate from one another, I would expect them to be separate from each other in one way. That would make 36 episodes, which I'd probably be okay with. But would that actually be enough?
Sep 26, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
They should make this their best show ever.

48 episodes.

Though I can imagine them announcing 12 episodes and people raging and calling 8-bit 8-shit.
Sep 26, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
At least as long as LB! 36. I am sticking to that until my hopes are crushed.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 26, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
hoping for 48episodes or more, split cours also work
done like Higurashi style for heroine routes, end up with moon and terra to combine all those routes
uh, forget it..
if only 8bit want to pour high budget to this and done this anime right..
I can bet this will sell so well that I even want to buy the BD
if only..
Sep 26, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
In a perfect world, we'd get 48 episodes split cour. That'd be amazing.
Buuuuut we know 8-bit and the director have a bit of a history...

HunterTennouji said:
At least as long as LB! 36. I am sticking to that until my hopes are crushed.

Yes, it should at least be as long as that. If it's any less than 36, then the adaptation is most likely ruined.
Sep 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2012
Somewhat depressed that one of the Key visual novels I actually like is getting an adaption by 8bit of all studios---

The episode count really will make or break it.
Tutturu ~
Sep 26, 2015 1:48 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah the logical answer would be 4 cours (~50 eps), but that's only what it should get

As far as what it'll actually get though... well we'll see

1-cour = 100% disaster
2-cour = might work if they skip some of the routes, though that'll present other problems..
3/4-cour = should be fine

2x 24 eps sounds good to me though. Can do the common route, Kotori's and maybe Lucia's plus Shizuru's in the first half, and then Chihaya's, Akane's, Moon and Terra in the second half
Sep 26, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
You know what would be perfect. Adapting the common route in the first cour and then end with

And then announce IT'S A SPLIT COUR! so the anime only viewers won't have any idea what the fuck happened and they'll have to wait 3 months for the answers, hehe.
Sep 26, 2015 2:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Samu-tan said:
You know what would be perfect. Adapting the common route in the first cour and then end with

And then announce IT'S A SPLIT COUR! so the anime only viewers won't have any idea what the fuck happened and they'll have to wait 3 months for the answers, hehe.
If they do a 1-cour for the common route alone and then split it, that'd actually be hilarious lol

Though it'd be pretty awkward for VN readers too if
Sep 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
I'm really hoping for a 48 (two 24-ep season) episode anime adaptation for Rewrite.
Sep 26, 2015 2:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
YoxalLoyal said:
I'm really hoping for a 48 (two 24-ep season) episode anime adaptation for Rewrite.
We're talking about 8 routes over 2 halves here. Dividing them 4/4 sounds a lot more reasonable than 5/3. Besides Moon is really short anyway. So yeah I'd move over one of them

Though
HaXXspettenSep 26, 2015 2:14 PM
Sep 26, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
There's no way it'd work with less than thirty episodes, and this is the only thing I ever wish to see a good adaptation of.
Sep 26, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
One episode per route with several parts cut out plus some CG stuff to fill the episode. The bar is already low. I'm sorry but hearing 8-bit's track record just worries me and a lot of KEY visual novel readers.

Akio-kunSep 26, 2015 6:55 PM
Sep 26, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
ThreePointer said:
One episode per route with several parts cut out plus some CG stuff to fill the episode.

Are you describing Grisaia no Kajitsu?
Sep 26, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
ThreePointer said:
One episode per route with several parts cut out plus some CG stuff to fill the episode. The bar is already low.

I have an even better idea. Let's make this another Charlotte and have the common route last eight episodes, then finish everything with the remaing five.
Sep 26, 2015 2:18 PM
Sep 2013
Maybe 26 episodes (split-cour) could work, plus an additional 13.
Sep 26, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2010
HaXXspetten said:
YoxalLoyal said:
We're talking about 8 routes over 2 halves here. Dividing them 4/4 sounds a lot more reasonable than 5/3. Besides Moon is really short anyway. So yeah I'd move over one of them

Though
Yeah, that works too.
Sep 26, 2015 2:21 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
YoxalLoyal said:
HaXXspetten said:

Though
Yeah, that works too.
They have to do the
Sep 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
Kruzy said:

If the production committee wants to promote the VN and make a proper adaptation then they'll fund it properly.

Circlejerk? Does anyone genuinely like them?

It's the studio who makes the choice of how many cours they're planing on doing and then discuss it with the Prod. Committee to see how/if they're okay on funding it. If shitty 8-flop says they're making 12 eps and fucking everything like Grisaia and the committee agrees it's pretty much fucked already.
Key and Aniplex will probably argue for at least 2-cour or a split. Key at least SHOULD, given this is probably their best and most expansive work (that ironical didn't sell well in VN format). Aniplex will just try to make it longer for the same reasons and because muh profit.

I hope for 3 seasons (24-13-13) or at least 24 + OVAs but we'll probably end up with stupid 12 + 1 OVA and I'll cry in suffering.
Sep 26, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 2012
xbobx said:
Kruzy said:

It's the studio who makes the choice of how many cours they're planing on doing and then discuss it with the Prod. Committee to see how/if they're okay on funding it. If shitty 8-flop says they're making 12 eps and fucking everything like Grisaia and the committee agrees it's pretty much fucked already.
Key and Aniplex will probably argue for at least 2-cour or a split. Key at least SHOULD, given this is probably their best and most expansive work (that ironical didn't sell well in VN format). Aniplex will just try to make it longer for the same reasons and because muh profit.

I hope for 3 seasons (24-13-13) or at least 24 + OVAs but we'll probably end up with stupid 12 + 1 OVA and I'll cry in suffering.
Rewrite sold well for a visual novel just not for Key. But considering the economy these days as well as the competitions of others it's to be expected.
Sep 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Dec 2011
I'd like 48 or so, 36 would be rushed but decent I suppose, but I'm expecting a 13 episodes season to cram adapt common route + heroines routes, an 1 hr special to adapt Moon and a 10 episodes season to adapt Terra.

At least sexy Akane and her sexy voice is coming.
Sep 26, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
xbobx said:
Kruzy said:

It's not the studio that makes those choices because in the majority of the cases they're in the lower part of the production committee (if they're even part of it and not just contracted for the animation) and they'll adapt it accordingly to the decisions made by the committee.

If Key, Aniplex or whoever is leading this project wanted to make a great adaptation then they'll hire a Producer with connections to some popular studio that they'll know they can pull it off. If they don't give enough fucks and just want it animated then they'll just make it a 12 episode series with a small budget.

In Grisaia's case they had planned to adapt all 3 VNs in the first place but because the 2 later ones contradict with what happens in Kajitsu they had to go original harem ending instead to be able to continue. Kajitsu was only a stepping stone to adapt the rest of the series but despite that it was decently pulled off even with the shitty situation 8-bit was in.
Sep 26, 2015 3:39 PM

Aug 2012
My ideal is 38 or 39 episode season for common + heroin routes, 50 minute OVA for Moon and 10 ep season for Terra.

24 and 12 is more realistic though, and some routes could be salvaged.

But I'm preparing myself for 12 and 12, or 12 and 6 ep OVA. god help us then.
Sep 26, 2015 4:03 PM

Jun 2010
Kruzy said:
If Key, Aniplex or whoever is leading this project wanted to make a great adaptation then they'll hire a Producer with connections to some popular studio that they'll know they can pull it off.

Yes.
Kruzy said:
It's not the studio that makes those choices because in the majority of the cases they're in the lower part of the production committee (if they're even part of it and not just contracted for the animation) and they'll adapt it accordingly to the decisions made by the committee.

Yea, but that's what I'm saying! Maybe I worded that poorly...
Unless the producer is some big-shot in the industry with a lot of background on the creative side of the process, he won't know jack shet about setting the script, hence, the studio chosen will be asked to deliver their project draft in order to be subjected for the committee approval. The committee will then judge it according to their financial interests.
Sometimes when larger companies are involved (Lantis, Pony Canyon, Kadokawa) this doesn't happen as their monetary strength is enough to secure them the position of calling all the shots.
However this far I only see Key/Aniplex and 8-flop involved so it's dubious how this will turn out.
@slightly off-topic: have you read about Under The Dog? Yura is causing quite the havoc among the traditional system. I wonder if he will succeed.
Kruzy said:
In Grisaia's case they had planned to adapt all 3 VNs in the first place but because the 2 later ones contradict with what happens in Kajitsu they had to go original harem ending instead to be able to continue. Kajitsu was only a stepping stone to adapt the rest of the series but despite that it was decently pulled off even with the shitty situation 8-bit was in.

I don't know much about the production of Grisaia (all I know is that the anime was a chaos). Will take your word on it.
Sep 26, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2015
based on how long the vn is 50+ episodes for a good adaptation, the vn is cool! the common route alone would need a significant amount of episodes. if this becomes a 12 episode anime than that would be like 8 bit giving us the middle finger. the vn game stopped working on my laptop so ive been watching playthroughs on youtube and boy does this need a great adaptation
Sep 26, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2010
Just 12 episodes would be a total disaster.
Common route playthrough took quite a long time to finish anyway so I think at least 24 episodes should be somehow fine.
Sep 26, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
xbobx said:
Yea, but that's what I'm saying! Maybe I worded that poorly...
Unless the producer is some big-shot in the industry with a lot of background on the creative side of the process, he won't know jack shet about setting the script, hence, the studio chosen will be asked to deliver their project draft in order to be subjected for the committee approval. The committee will then judge it according to their financial interests.
Sometimes when larger companies are involved (Lantis, Pony Canyon, Kadokawa) this doesn't happen as their monetary strength is enough to secure them the position of calling all the shots.
However this far I only see Key/Aniplex and 8-flop involved so it's dubious how this will turn out.
@slightly off-topic: have you read about Under The Dog? Yura is causing quite the havoc among the traditional system. I wonder if he will succeed.

I think that Key and Aniplex could easily afford some big shot producer and they'll tell him specifically what they imagine the anime should be like.
And even if that wasn't the case it's not like they can't reject an idea and get some other studio instead, there are more than enough of them (KyoAni, P.A. Works, A-1 Pictures only have a single anime so far planned for 2016).
Also in this case it's pretty much guaranteed for Aniplex to hold the top spot of the committee.

Not sure what Yura did though since I've only followed the beginning of the UtD project and stopped caring afterwards.
Sep 26, 2015 5:14 PM
Apr 2015
Over 48 eps and a split-cour because I don't see the anime will ever work if it is less than 48 ep and double split-cour .
Sep 26, 2015 5:22 PM

Sep 2015
HaXXspetten said:
YoxalLoyal said:
Yeah, that works too.
They have to do the

Btw which one Kotaou would choose
that's on the common route and would really make difference between the stories (at least in the VN)
Sep 26, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2010
aspaknyaa said:

Btw which one Kotaou would choose
that's on the common route and would really make difference between the stories (at least in the VN)

I think
Sep 26, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
Just not enough
Sep 26, 2015 6:05 PM
Mar 2015
I do hope for a large number of episodes, since Rewrite had multiple long routes. Not sure how they will adapt it though. Maybe in the same way done for Fate/Stay Night??

Here's my idea. They will release the first season (24 episodes or so) on Kotari's route. Then later on, Chihaya, and so on. Once Akane's route is done, they should combine Moon and Terra into a different season or into a long movie.
Sep 26, 2015 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
I think it needs 36 at a minimum but 48 would be perfect, anything less and they need to cut out some routes.
Sep 26, 2015 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
I'm just hoping for more than 1 cour.
Sep 26, 2015 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
My thoughts: The very minimum for this to be a passable adaptation would be 24 episodes for season 1, and then 13 episodes for season 2 (Moon and Terra)

What would be god-like: 24 episodes for season 1, 24 episodes for season 2, and then 13 for season 3 (Moon and Terra)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 26, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2014
Double split cour is the best.

but if not
Lucia, Akane and oppai ending is a must.
Sep 26, 2015 9:09 PM
Apr 2012
The common/character routes need atleast 48 episodes. Anything less would not do the VN justice. It is by far the longest and most complex of all key VNs.

But nonono....who am I kidding...it's probably gonna be 24 episodes followed by 12 episodes of moon/terra and feel extremely rushed like little busters....
Sep 26, 2015 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
Need: 39+episodes
Will have: 24 episodes max

Still hoping to be wrong though.
Sep 26, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2015
sanata50lbsb said:

What would be god-like: 24 episodes for season 1, 24 episodes for season 2, and then 13 for season 3 (Moon and Terra)

Aren't 48 episodes enough? 61 episodes will never happen...
Sep 27, 2015 12:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Aren't 48 episodes enough? 61 episodes will never happen...
Well I'm sure 5 cours would work out very well too, but I don't think more than 4 is necessary

Again you can roughly compare it to Clannad since they're made by the same company and roughly the same length. If Clannad was a proper adaptation with 47 episodes + 2 OVAs, then Rewrite ought to get roughly the same
Sep 27, 2015 12:24 AM

Sep 2010
Oh, no they announced it... why!

I love the Visual Novel but I am 100% sure that anime will butcher it. There is really no good way to adapt it. All heroine routes go in completely different REALM (saying direction is not enough).

Ah, I expect that this will end up just like Little Busters and everyone will complain about it. I still remember how bad it felt to listen/read the complains about it, and now the same thing will happen to Rewrite.

And to make it worse 8bit is making it. I just check what anime they made and I become even more sad.

!PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

All in all, I am extremely excited and hyped for this anime to come even if only to return to that world once again in completely new format.

As for number of episodes that this anime will get, we can only be sure by saying. NOT ENOUGH! Rewrite is the longest key work if I remember correctly. Sure the number of routes fall short to "gather all stars clannad" but they are all extremely long and then there is tera and moon at the end.

What is even more concerning is that 8bit gave Grisaia 13 episodes and they decided to split each route in two episodes each.

Weeeeeee! I want to try and stay positive, I want to try and believe but...
Sep 27, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
eso18 said:
Oh, no they announced it... why!

I love the Visual Novel but I am 100% sure that anime will butcher it. There is really no good way to adapt it. All heroine routes go in completely different REALM (saying direction is not enough).

Ah, I expect that this will end up just like Little Busters and everyone will complain about it. I still remember how bad it felt to listen/read the complains about it, and now the same thing will happen to Rewrite.

And to make it worse 8bit is making it. I just check what anime they made and I become even more sad.

!PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

All in all, I am extremely excited and hyped for this anime to come even if only to return to that world once again in completely new format.

As for number of episodes that this anime will get, we can only be sure by saying. NOT ENOUGH! Rewrite is the longest key work if I remember correctly. Sure the number of routes fall short to "gather all stars clannad" but they are all extremely long and then there is tera and moon at the end.

What is even more concerning is that 8bit gave Grisaia 13 episodes and they decided to split each route in two episodes each.

Weeeeeee! I want to try and stay positive, I want to try and believe but...

However, 8bit MUST know that this is a Key work. So they know that they have to make this good. Also, given that Romeo Tanaka has returned to manage the script, that is VERY promising in my eyes. Another thing, Aniplex is providing budget/production; and I believe they have not worked with 8bit before, so that is very promising as well. I know I seem overly optimistic, but that's because I've never seen anything by 8bit. But you've got to agree to some extent on what I've said above.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.