Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
AQUARIONNNNNNNNN

Honestly, I felt like this is the climatic episode of the season or something especially with the main characters using their skills and breaking right into the fight.

Seems like Maya's victory along with the others rubbed someone else in the wrong way.
Sep 26, 2015 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Aquarion saved the world.
Sep 26, 2015 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
Good episode...;)
The show really showed me a different side of Maia especially as she told Subete: you were only looking at me as a reflection of yourself...<somewhere along those line>, really didn't expect her to be so blunt

Thought she was at least gonna talk some sense to him and bring him back with Akira.
Also I realised that the show really did a great job of bring out Subete's true feelings. You know how Subete has always been going on about how he only needed Maia and that Maia was his EVERYTHING (that part)... I know it's a natural reaction to run and look for ones father if their injured and all (I mean I would do it), but Subete's father was a whole different topic... he DIDN'T (NOT AT ALL) look at Subete as his son so on and so for... regardless Subete ran toward him OBLIVIOUS to the danger Maia was in!!!! (there goes his Maia, his entire being, his sole purpose for living...) I mean when Subete shouted "FATHER!" Akira on the other hand shouted "MAIA" would that be enough to at least make Subete turn around.... +_+

Regardless, I was really amazed by the different new transformations (even though there was only a handful) shown in the show>-<.. I thought they were really well designed and the transition linking each transformation can really see the effort put into the animation!
AND if I must add the part where Akira saves Maia is the best!!!
[AKIRA x MAIA fan;p]
Please give me your thought on this shipping!!
Unique_UserSep 26, 2015 11:14 AM
Sep 27, 2015 2:17 AM
Oct 2014
Unique_User said:
Good episode...;)
The show really showed me a different side of Maia especially as she told Subete: you were only looking at me as a reflection of yourself...<somewhere along those line>, really didn't expect her to be so blunt

Thought she was at least gonna talk some sense to him and bring him back with Akira.
Also I realised that the show really did a great job of bring out Subete's true feelings. You know how Subete has always been going on about how he only needed Maia and that Maia was his EVERYTHING (that part)... I know it's a natural reaction to run and look for ones father if their injured and all (I mean I would do it), but Subete's father was a whole different topic... he DIDN'T (NOT AT ALL) look at Subete as his son so on and so for... regardless Subete ran toward him OBLIVIOUS to the danger Maia was in!!!! (there goes his Maia, his entire being, his sole purpose for living...) I mean when Subete shouted "FATHER!" Akira on the other hand shouted "MAIA" would that be enough to at least make Subete turn around.... +_+

Regardless, I was really amazed by the different new transformations (even though there was only a handful) shown in the show>-<.. I thought they were really well designed and the transition linking each transformation can really see the effort put into the animation!
AND if I must add the part where Akira saves Maia is the best!!!
[AKIRA x MAIA fan;p]
Please give me your thought on this shipping!!

I mentioned this before but I feel like I should respond, it seems quite obvious to me which of the girls Akira might hook up with or is more in connection to. I don't really mind such a pairing.

The only issue I will have of AkiraXMaia is how others (or the anime itself) will most likely ship the other girl (Kokone) who also likes Akira (but probably won't have a chance) with another guy (similar in Aquarion Evol with Zessica and Kagura).
The same can apply for those who ship AkiraXKokone. Prefer not to see Maia being shipped to another guy (Subete most likely) when the anime romance's development and progress surrounds those three.

I will kinda find it annoying, but that is my opinion.
Sep 27, 2015 5:08 AM
Oct 2014
That strange glowing yellow figure that kinda looks like Maia (hairstyle wise) from ep 9.appeared again in the last part of this episode.....I really think she is the true enemy or maybe the "bigger picture" if you know what I'm saying. Up until now she had all these cameo appearances (opening and some episodes), but will this strange character finally introduce herself soon?

The fact that this character seemed interested in (or connected to) Maia (and kinda looks like her) makes me believe that Maia will definitely play a bigger role, making me feel that she will also be the one to be with Akira....

In addition to that and how this episode played,
Kokone is becoming more and more a third wheel to me which kinda makes me sad.
bkim999Sep 27, 2015 5:21 AM
Sep 28, 2015 9:01 PM
Feb 2012
First off this is coming from hardcore Aquarion fan who was obsessed over two other aquarion series.

I honestly from ep1 knew I knew I wouldnt get a Aquarion anime. Going through 1-13 was a big trudge. I both looked forward to watching a new episode yet at same time dreaded. I spent a lot of time figuring why that is but I think it comes down to one word.

"Pointless"

Nothing at all about this anime has a point. Pointless characters, Pointless Story, Pointless Villians, Pointless lessons.

Nothing about the first 13 episodes mean anything. They are fighting for no reason, the world isnt even concern over the conflight, they set up villians who only want to fight because they dont like other people. And all the characters have no real motivation to belong or fight.

For all the lessons the character face they never grow. They are essentially the same characters from ep1.

This is such a stark comparason from other Aquarion anime where everything matters. Where the story is part of this much bigger world. Be it multiple dimension or legacy of reincarnation.

Logos on other hand is not part of anything. It a story of two kids who are in a fist fight because they dont like each other. There no real purpose to the fight, or deeper reason.
Sep 29, 2015 7:03 PM
Sep 2015
If I were to rate this episode out of 10, it'd be a 1/10. For the past 12 episodes, Logos has been a consistent 6/10 for me; not great, but I enjoyed it still. This episode was just so half-assed though.

I didn't really know what to expect from this episode, but I did not expect them to throw in a big event like that. I thought they'd beat Subete and it'd be back to monster of the week. The first half of the episode was okay; it set up the mood, had Maia reject Sougon, etc. I definitely didn't expect a mid-season boss to be this grand, but I thought it could work out.

Then the fight started, and it all went downhill. Hayato wakes up and fully heals for no reason and starts talking. They didn't even lampshade it. I suppose the loss of so many concepts in the world meant his injuries didn't exist anymore, but that's just me guessing FOR them. And that's not a good thing. The "Saviour" thing was a cool idea, I guess, and actually kinda Aquarion-ish. Then we get this gauntlet of stock animation and old special attacks, followed by the classic "running into your enemy really fast" finisher. They didn't introduce any new forms, and kept changing forms for no reason, even though three-Vector Gattais were supposed to be stronger. They didn't even bother to give Karan an actual special. With all six Vectors deployed at once, you'd think they would have two three-Vector Aquarions fighting at the same time...but no.

I'm not sure about Sougon dying so early; his death felt so rushed. He's basically done nothing to make us, the audience, want him to get rekt. Sure, he releases monsters, all the protags hate him, but as a person watching anime, he's just not compelling at all. They could have done a bit more with him, I feel. Subete is obviously not dead.

Overall, the whole episode felt so rushed. I actually thought Logos was getting canceled because of the low ratings in Japan, so they had to tie it all up and stuff. But the fact that it wasn't getting canceled and they're doing this on purpose is just "wtf".

To make it all worse...they sorta lampshaded just how rushed this episode was in the next ep preview.
Sep 29, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2008
I've found a way to "enjoy" this show.

Watch it at 4x speed, it's moving so slowly that you can easily keep track and the chipmunk voice make the whole thing a lot better.
Sep 30, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Okay, so we're FINALLY done with the exposition bore-fest that was the entire first 11 episodes right? From now on we'll be in actual plot territory right? Because I swear, if we revert to the boring kind of episodes we had until now AGAIN after finally having a couple of actually engaging episodes, I'm going to be so pissed off... Sougon's book vanished into thin air, so that should mean we won't be dealing with idiotic, nonsensical MJBKs. Now, a real antagonist will appear. (PLEASE, let it be so...)
Sep 30, 2015 9:23 PM

Oct 2011
Subete taking over for his father?
Oct 1, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2015
Ain't it a bit late to bring out the glowing angel LOL, Came back and watched hoping for a change still its crap oh well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2015

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 29, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

20 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

» Is this anime really bad?

Dexistance - Apr 7, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 AM

» Can I watch this without watching previous series?

ASTRO999 - Jul 6, 2015

21 by behajo »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

82 by Joel_Clark »»
Dec 27, 2016 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.