Forum Settings
Forums

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 28 Discussion

New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 7:17 PM
Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The conclusion of "Confession".

Sayo becomes obsessed with plotting the mass murder-suicide, but her resolve to commit such a horrific act of violence wavers despite being too far gone to abandon her intentions. She begins to become desperate that she'll be discovered, and be both punished and spared by someone who understands her.

A handful of other tricks from past games were revealed. I'm most interested in the implication that Rudolf and Kyrie could be bribed by Sayo to commit murders of her design.

With a possible "spoiler" warning (mysteries are a challenge, and all), this was my personal theory regarding Episode 3: Banquet of the golden witch:
Oct 28, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
The confession part was amazing and really made me feel sad for Sayo unlike EP 7 that didn't quite get me on that part. I'm liking how this is going so far, currently better than the VN counterpart by far.
Mar 1, 2016 7:54 PM
Jan 2013
Snappynator said:
The confession part was amazing and really made me feel sad for Sayo unlike EP 7 that didn't quite get me on that part. I'm liking how this is going so far, currently better than the VN counterpart by far.
Agreed!

Hm I wish the discussion chapters for this manga was up to date.. I've completed the entire series now and that ending was golden! pun intended Truth! 9.3/10 for Ep8.

Although Umineko is definitely well known, I suppose Episode 8 itself is rather not quite popular considering each of the 8 installments individually.

All in all, Umineko was one heck of a ride that I slowly spent about 2 years on and am truly satisfied~
kittylily_Mar 1, 2016 10:36 PM
Apr 22, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
Seems people are talking about the extra chapter.

Anyway, as for the 28th chapter... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAMBDA! DON'T DIE!!! When she finally starts to be a likable character. WHHY!?

Feb 8, 2018 10:19 PM

May 2010
Confession Of The Golden Witch might be one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever read... And it's exactly what the visual novel lacked. I'm glad that Ryukishi07 decided to put the key to everything at least here, in this manga adaptation... Now I feel like I was able to finally understand Sayo's heart.
Sep 23, 2019 7:49 AM

Mar 2017
Simply perfect! This really elevates the VN to a whole different level of quality!
Sep 23, 2019 7:49 AM

Mar 2017
Simply perfect! This really elevates the VN to a whole different level of quality!
Oct 23, 2023 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
Incredible backstory from start to finish

"No branches and leaves will prosper from ruch rotten roots. So come and die together with me. Then nobody will have to suffer anymore" found my favourite quote of the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 42 Discussion

allenjke - Mar 11, 2016

35 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 41 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:22 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 40 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Oct 29, 2023

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 4:27 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 39 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 38 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Feb 27, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 2:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.