Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2015 11:29 PM
May 2015
Anybody have mixed feelings about Evangelion? Specifically the third movie. It felt weird. Everyone hating Shinji, I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, it was great. But considering how Shinji was trying to save Rei, I felt like he didn't deserve it, and yes I know, he caused the impact because of it, but don't you think it was the right thing to do? The moral thing? That could be the righteous person inside me talking, but I don't know. Also anybody just ever want Shinji to go crazy, like on rampages with the Eva 01? just insane fight scenes where he goes ham on enemies and possibly hurts his friends without him noticing... or with him noticing...? I don't know if that's just me. But yea. When does the newest movie come out? I really want to see what happens next. Another question... I don't know if i missed it or don't remember, how did Asuka get her eye patch? I don't recall any eye injuries. Speaking of Asuka... why did she say disgusting at the end of "End of Evangelion"? Did she remember Shinji choking her? or masturbating to her? But didn't she die in the choking scene? or was that a illusion? Evangelion gets me very confused. It made me sad when she said that. I felt bad for Shinji.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags too thread title.
AversaSep 17, 2015 10:01 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2015 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Firstly, put some spoiler tags lol.

Secondly, yeah, I didn't like the third movie.
Sep 13, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
Ye, the third movie sucks. I hate pretty much everything about it. Especially Misato :(

The new Eva movie is supposed to come out at the end of this year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-26/magazine-final-evangelion-film-slated-for-fall-winter-2015-with-utada-song/.82629
Sep 13, 2015 11:40 PM

Aug 2015
Adored the series.
Liked the movies.

The third movie was a strange one.... I hated it when I first saw it, but I have warmed to it slightly, over time.
Just remember to skip everything on the WUNDER and instead start as soon as Shinji yells for Ayanami , with this action you will have a much better movie-experience... then again you're losing out on about 1/3rd of the story.

At the same time, nothing that happens on the WUNDER is important and we get zero character development prior to the point where Shinji yells for Ayanami... that right there should tell you how atrociously written the film is. There was potential, but it was wasted... I loved 2.0 (Aside from the final Zeruel portion) but 3.0 just left me displeased.

Alright let's answer questions, spoilers obviously;

When does the newest movie come out?

Rebuild 3.0 + 1.0 release date has not been announced.
It is currently stuck in limbo and might not be produced at all since Hideaki Anno has taken on a lot of new responsibilities in the interim period between the release of 3.0 and the supposed deadline of 4.0 (Now called 3.0 + 1.0).

how did Asuka get her eye patch?

Not explained but heavily implied to be the result of the Bardiel incident in 2.0.

why did she say disgusting at the end of "End of Evangelion"?

Don't even bother trying to understand that part, it has been the subject of discussion for nearly 20 years. There are many fan theories such as;
It's not Asuka but Asuka+Misato+Rei
Asuka said that because she's pregnant with Shinji's child (Hypothesized to be Mari Illustrious Makinami)
Asuka said that because she hates being the only one left with Shinji
Asuka said that because she remembers third impact vividly
Asuka now loves Shinji but hates that she loves Shinji... things like that.

Did she remember Shinji choking her? or masturbating to her?

It is implied that she remembers both but there is no confirmation.

But didn't she die in the choking scene? or was that a illusion?

That part is strongly implied to be in Shinji's mind during Instrumentality , but is not entirely clear.

Those are the best answers I can give you.
Sep 13, 2015 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
I have the feeling that the right thing to do would have been to eat Zeruel, not trigger the Thrid Impact and FUCKING STICK TO THE PLOT ! :p
I watched some bits of the first two movies, not a single second of the third, so I can't really help here. Regarding the end of EoE,
Sep 13, 2015 11:46 PM

Jul 2014
I only liked the Shinji x Nagisa scenes.
Sep 14, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2014
3rd ruined everything

Sep 14, 2015 12:46 AM

Jul 2014
ExTamplier said:
3rd ruined everything

This.

Regarding End of Evangelion, I'm surprised how many fans of the original series had rated that movie so high. I personally didn't like it.
It's often the most discordant rating when I compare high-compatibility lists.
Sep 14, 2015 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
Aria-da-Capo said:
ExTamplier said:
3rd ruined everything

This.

Regarding End of Evangelion, I'm surprised how many fans of the original series had rated that movie so high. I personally didn't like it.

Why didn't you like it? Isn't it clearly the superior conclusion to the series?

Seriously, that's surprising for me, first time I see somoene rate it so much lower than the series.
Sep 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
this thread reminds me i have to watch End of Evangelion sometimes, i only watch the original TV series back when i was still a kid
Sep 14, 2015 1:23 AM

Nov 2014
Everyone hated the third movie. It was my favorite of the three. It was a good piece of psychological drama. Admittedly, it was frustrating how everyone except Kaworu treated Shinji like shit, but that's what made it unique. Sometimes in life people turn against you, which can lead to irrational thinking.

mayukachan said:

I loved that.

Sep 14, 2015 1:24 AM
May 2015
Well that cleared up some things. Thanks Also, my memory is a bit foggy, who is bideil and zureil? are they angels? if so what do they look like?
Sep 14, 2015 1:31 AM

Apr 2015
Evangelion Movies and original series are amazing. Except for movie 3. I agree that I didn't like that one at all.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Sep 14, 2015 1:37 AM

Apr 2013
Aria-da-Capo said:

The same. EoE was a very bad addition to the series that didn't need it and it certainly wasn't well done.

I disagree for the third movie though.

The evagelion movies are a reboot. I was actually happy they went a completely different route. I already know and have watched several times the original anime, I don't need the same story in an abridged format.
I thought the third movie was the nicest of the 3 due to this. Although until the 4th is made, I can't judge if the story is going to properly make sense so difficult to rate it right now properly ImO.
ZefyrisSep 14, 2015 1:41 AM
Sep 14, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
all rebuild movies are piece of shit with fancy colours
Sep 14, 2015 2:08 AM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
Aria-da-Capo said:

The same. EoE was a very bad addition to the series that didn't need it and it certainly wasn't well done.

Can you explain why you think it 'certainly' wasn't well done? I'm genuinely interested, it's first time I see people disliking EoE if they liked the series.
Sep 14, 2015 2:28 AM
May 2009
Things I like about the third movie....

Nadia the secret of the Blue water easter eggs.
Sep 14, 2015 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
Imaishi said:
Zefyris said:

Can you explain why you think it 'certainly' wasn't well done? I'm genuinely interested, it's first time I see people disliking EoE if they liked the series.

I'm confused too.
Sep 15, 2015 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
Imaishi said:
Zefyris said:

Well, I wasn't surprised when I checked your profile, you're young, that's why you can say that you never saw someone saying that. Evanglion is as old as you. Back when the EoE was new, lots of fans of the original series rejected it as bad and made an uproar about it. Without entering into details because it's from too long ago to remember well, the main reason it's bad is because it's completely breaking the characters' evolution from the series. The characters changing/evolving was the main subject of the series, and suddenly we got something that made all the character regressing/returning to a former state of mind for no reason, ignoring what changed in them across the series. This is highly illogical, and not interesting.
Furthermore, lots of peoples like me considered that the episode 25 and 26 were perfectly fine as an ending. Because we understood properly that the real story was never the eva nor the plan, but Shinji and his relationships problems. The eva and the plan were nothing than a setting, a background on which the story of Shinji was told. Peoples who enjoyed EoE often missed that point (dunno if that's still the case, but at that time, peoples who rejoiced about EoE were mostly like this: they wanted an end for the background story and didn't care for Shinji's story. As a result, they enjoyed EoE which was doing this, and we disliked it, because it was shitting on Evangelion's main story by being highly incoherent with it, while giving an end to the background). I wouldn't have minded an end given to the background, yes. IF and only IF it didn't completely mess up the main story with it.

Well, it was a huge topic of discussion until like 2001-2002 I think? So it's not like I recall things in details. But I still remember disliking it a lot. And I clearly remember lots of discussions on boards between the two sides as well.
Hence EoE for me have a low rating.

in 1995-2000 doing that kind of insult to a work wasn't appreciated by the fans. Nowadays we're used to it, most adaptation of other media in anime are blatantly insulting the original work in the way they adapt it, for example. And most peoples don't care or are branded as fanboys if they say they do.
ZefyrisSep 15, 2015 7:23 AM
Sep 15, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
Imaishi said:

Well, I wasn't surprised when I checked your profile, you're young, that's why you can say that you never saw someone saying that. Evanglion is as old as you. Back when the EoE was new, lots of fans of the original series rejected it as bad and made an uproar about it. Without entering into details because it's from too long ago to remember well, the main reason it's bad because it's completely breaking the evolution of the characters' evolution from the series. The characters changing was the main subject of the series, and suddenly we got something that made all the character regressing/returning to a former state of mind for no reason, ignoring what changed in them across the series. This is highly illogical, and not interesting.
Furthermore, lots of peoples like me considered that the episode 25 and 26 were perfectly fine as an ending. Because we understood properly that the real story was never the eva nor the plan, but Shinji and his relationships problems. The eva and the plan were nothing than a setting, a background on which the story of Shinji was told. Peoples who enjoyed EoE often missed that point (dunno if that's still the case, but at that time, peoples who rejoiced about EoE were mostly like this: they wanted an end for the background story and didn't care for Shinji's story. As a result, they enjoyed EoE which was doing this, and we disliked it, because it was shitting on Evangelion's main story by being highly incoherent with it, while giving an end to the background). I wouldn't have minded an end given to the background, yes. IF and only IF it didn't completely mess up the main story with it.

Well, it was a huge topic of discussion until like 2001-2002 I think? So it's not like I recall things in details. But I still remember disliking it a lot. And I clearly remember lots of discussions on boards between the two sides as well.
Hence EoE for me have a low rating.

in 1995-2000 doing that kind of insult to a work wasn't appreciated by the fans. Nowadays we're used to it, most adaptation of other media in anime are blatantly insulting the original work in the way they adapt it, for example. And most peoples don't care or are branded as fanboys if they say they do.

I see.

I think the main reasons I like it are a lot of the reasons you don't like it.

I like the fact that it's a big "fuck you" to the fans.

Just to clarify though, I like episode 25 and 26 pretty much the same as EoE.

I still care very much for Shinji though.

If you go to the number one slot in this countdown, which is EoE, Demo sums up my contention towards the film quite nicely.
Status_EffectSep 15, 2015 7:23 AM
Sep 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Mar 2010
Zefyris said:
suddenly we got something that made all the character regressing/returning to a former state of mind for no reason, ignoring what changed in them across the series. This is highly illogical, and not interesting.
Except that didn't happen in End of Evangelion. For example, Shinji was in the same state of mind he was at the end of episode 24/beginning of 25 at the start of EoE's episode '25.

Because we understood properly that the real story was never the eva nor the plan, but Shinji and his relationships problems.
Shinji's character arc concludes in End of Evangelion and he reaches the same conclusion as he does in the TV's finale.

because it was shitting on Evangelion's main story by being highly incoherent with it, while giving an end to the background). I wouldn't have minded an end given to the background, yes. IF and only IF it didn't completely mess up the main story with it.
How? What is actually incoherent about EoE?
Sep 15, 2015 9:46 AM
May 2015
Zefyris said:
Aria-da-Capo said:

I disagree for the third movie though.

The evagelion movies are a reboot. I was actually happy they went a completely different route. I already know and have watched several times the original anime, I don't need the same story in an abridged format.
I thought the third movie was the nicest of the 3 due to this. Although until the 4th is made, I can't judge if the story is going to properly make sense so difficult to rate it right now properly ImO.
I'm pretty sure EoE was made for the terrible ending of Evangelion. It was the gift Anno gave to the audience for the bad ending because of financial reasons.
Goldman8Sep 15, 2015 9:51 AM
Sep 15, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2015
It has long been hypothesized that Hideaki Anno made EoE as a "Fuck you" to his audience.

But he failed to realize his audience became severely masochistic after watching the series and instead responded with;
"Oh yes Anno-senpai, punish us more, moto, kimochiiii"

What that one guy was saying is correct, when EoE was released, the fanbase loathed it to an extreme degree... but over time people have warmed to it now that the shock has faded and we can appreciate it as what it is rather than what we wanted it to be (Shinji kicking the MPE's ass in a badass action sequence).
Sep 15, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2010
Scavrefamn said:
It has long been hypothesized that Hideaki Anno made EoE as a "Fuck you" to his audience.
Which is as false as death threats about the TV ending (there was two "death threats" about the Death and Rebirth ending while everything else was praise for the TV series, the movie, and anticipation for EoE) being within End of Evangelion.
Sep 15, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2015
Evangelion is up there with Akira for me as the most over rated garbage.
Sep 15, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
I personally think EOE is the best instalment in the eva franchise followed by 2.22.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 15, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
semianonymous said:

you got no idea about the history of anime, Akira and Evangelion influeneces the making of modern anime you know, they are the first of their kind when they are first release
Sep 15, 2015 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
semianonymous said:

you got no idea about the history of anime, Akira and Evangelion influeneces the making of modern anime you know, they are the first of their kind when they are first release

Don't worry, just a case of shit taste and ignorance ;)

Sep 15, 2015 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
EoE was great. 1st 2 Rebuilds were fun. The 3rd Rebuild however, sucked because it threw away the build up and setting of the last two for a bunch of vague bullshit that can never be properly explained in just one movie.
Sep 15, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
gedata said:
EoE was great. 1st 2 Rebuilds were fun. The 3rd Rebuild however, sucked because it threw away the build up and setting of the last two for a bunch of vague bullshit that can never be properly explained in just one movie.

Basically I assume everything in the preview at the end of 2.22 was meant to be 3.0 but anno was all like lol no. It is the stuff that happens in-between tho I'm pretty sure.

Sep 15, 2015 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
black1blade said:
gedata said:

Basically I assume everything in the preview at the end of 2.22 was meant to be 3.0 but anno was all like lol no. It is the stuff that happens in-between tho I'm pretty sure.

>Watching 2nd Rebuild
>3rd Impact is about to happen
>Cuts to credits
>Kaworu says "lolno" and halts everything
>3rd Impact happens anyway offscreen before the 3rd movie
>Every character not affiliated with NERV is now presumably dead, or goo or whatever
:/
Sep 15, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2015
gedata said:
black1blade said:

>Watching 2nd Rebuild
>Cuts to credits
>Every character not affiliated with NERV is now presumably dead, or goo or whatever

Yeah, it feels as if we missed a MUCH better movie between 2.0 and 3.0.
A movie in which a huge war broke out, desperate last stands took place, massive Angel fights occurred.
Basically, I want 2.5.

Anno Senpai, pls.
Sep 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
Scavrefamn said:
gedata said:

>Watching 2nd Rebuild
>Cuts to credits

Yeah, it feels as if we missed a MUCH better movie between 2.0 and 3.0.
A movie in which a huge war broke out, desperate last stands took place, massive Angel fights occurred.
Basically, I want 2.5.

Anno Senpai, pls.

It really fucking did. Don't think anyone has any idea how 3.0+1.0 is going to turn out tho. I think we need to do something to give anno depression so that he writes better.

Sep 15, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2010
Rebuilds a shit
A
S H I T.

Consider them to be not canon and everything will be daijobu, OP.

Zefyris said:

Well, I wasn't surprised when I checked your profile, you're young [not an argument], that's why you can say that you never saw someone saying that. Evanglion is as old as you. Back when the EoE was new, lots of fans of the original series rejected it as bad and made an uproar about it[source?]. Without entering into details because it's from too long ago to remember well, the main reason it's bad is because it's completely breaking the characters' evolution from the series. The characters changing/evolving was the main subject of the series, and suddenly we got something that made all the character regressing/returning to a former state of mind for no reason, ignoring what changed in them across the series.

What the fuck?
You really should rewatch things if you don't remember them well.
EoE is the climaxing point of all the development done in the entire fucking series. All the issues that were getting accumulated and all the pressure finally gets released in the course of few minutes. Seele accomplishes its plan, Gendo reaches his finish line, Asuka finally has a mental breakdown, Eva appears on its true form, the background story is revealed and finally, with Shinji rejecting Instrumentality, the arc is complete.
The characters continued changing/evolving until the very end in BOTH the final TV eps and EoE.

Zefyris said:
Because we understood properly that the real story was never the eva nor the plan, but Shinji and his relationships problems[why not both?]. The eva and the plan were nothing than a setting, a background on which the story of Shinji was told. Peoples who enjoyed EoE often missed that point (dunno if that's still the case, but at that time, peoples who rejoiced about EoE were mostly like this: they wanted an end for the background story and didn't care for Shinji's story. As a result, they enjoyed EoE which was doing this, and we[who? Nips, 2ch, /a/,/jp/,/m/ and animesuki loved and still love it] disliked it, because it was shitting on Evangelion's main story by being highly incoherent[how?] with it, while giving an end to the background). I wouldn't have minded an end given to the background, yes. IF and only IF it didn't completely mess up the main story with it[how?].

WHAT THE FUCK?
EoE and 25~26 are THE SAME THING.
The original script for "Air" and "The beast that shouted..." is exactly the same for BOTH storylines.
EoE was nothing more than a re-take on the final minutes of the series, and among many other things, allowed Anno to go full rampage with Rx material that wasn't allowed on the TV broadcast.
It STILL is about Shinji, STILL is about relationships and has LITERALLY the SAME background of the TV series. The budget was higher and the deadline longer so the entire production crew was able to create a wider and clearer perspective on the final moments of the show.
EoE is simply the "outside" view of Instrumentality, with its effects on the world, while 24~26 embraces the discussion and feelings going inside Shinji's mind + Tang.
They are not mutually exclusive in any way. I can't even imagine why you would assume something like that.

Zefyris said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
How is EoE an insult to the franchise?
You know, there's something called archives. If your memory isn't good, you could always check them.
You're genuinely the very FIRST self-entitled "fan" of this franchise I've met who dislikes EoE for these reasons above.

@Edit:
Are you sure you're not confusing End of Evangelion (1997) with Rebuild of Evangelion (2007-present)?
EoE was even hinted on the final ep previews of 24'~26', this whole "insult" thing you're saying doesn't even makes sense.

@Edit2:
I apologize for the caps lock but, are you serious??
xbobxSep 15, 2015 2:46 PM
Sep 15, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
Scavrefamn said:
Adored the series.
Liked the movies.

The third movie was a strange one.... I hated it when I first saw it, but I have warmed to it slightly, over time.

aikaflip said:
Sep 15, 2015 2:48 PM

Sep 2015
11/10, OP. To this, I will respond with my own banter.

The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

This is how 3.0 is an absolute masterpiece. Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0. It is a magnificent achievement in art that people feel exactly what the main character is feeling while the main character is feeling it, the sense of confusion and pain that Shinji is feeling is 100% projected onto the viewer.

Plebians are unable to separate themselves from the perspective of Shinji and look at Hideaki's artwork from the outside, so they turn their pain and confusion into dislike, aka cognitive dissonance(what christians feel when they see literature on natural selection).

This is why a true patrician understands the magnificent piece of art that 3.0 is, and the difficult task that it has achieved of pulling you directly into the feelings of the MC.
Sep 15, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2010
Sentionaut said:
pasta

This is likely the 3rd time I'm seeing this... Eva is simply too old for new pastas, m8. Stop trying.
Stick with the classic ones.
Sep 15, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
xbobx said:
Sentionaut said:
pasta

This is likely the 3rd time I'm seeing this... Eva is simply too old for new pastas, m8. Stop trying.

Must be good pasta if you can't refute it v.v
Sep 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
I watched the Rebuilds before watching the main series and I was confused as shit.

Anyone who recommends them before NGE is wrong, so much info and character development is missing.

3.0 was good I think? I only watched it once and didn't know what was going on at all, that's the point but even still I'd like to take a look back at it with refreshed eyes.
Sep 15, 2015 8:12 PM
Apr 2014
Rebuilds were bad, especially 3.0.
Sep 16, 2015 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
xbobx said:

blablabla.
The source? i participated in them. Do you have any idea of how much anime/manga boards from 15-20 years ago are still here currently (and still have the content from that time archived and available, to boot?). I checked and there's only one board of all the board I was going too. Same for most bills on website directly reporting news and stuff about name. And it's still there because that was the less active of the bunch so very few posts on it (and not in english, too).
Why are you asking for a source of something that happened so long ago (internet wise) even though it doesn't exist any more?

Are you asking me to participate in an argument about a movie and series I watched somewhere between 15-20 years ago ? Seriously? Please think for 2 seconds before writing a wall of text about it... -_-"

"you're young" isn't supposed to be an argument, but an explanation of why he never heard about that kind of events/talks. They mostly happened when he hadn't even learned to read FFS. OF course he won't. in 1995-2001 he was between 0 and 6 years old after all. Back at that time that was a hot topic of discussion. Animesuki was created in 2002. That's already pretty much past the main wave for evangelion here.

And how could I confuse something I mainly discussed about in 1997-2001 with something that aired in 2007? -_-". For me I already discussed already longly, very longly about it. All there was to said had been said countless time. As if I would continue participating in discussion afterwards when they poped. It's probably the same for most early fans of Evangelion as well. We may have been fans, but we're not going to talk repeatedly about it for 20 years...
ZefyrisSep 16, 2015 3:26 AM
Sep 16, 2015 3:54 AM

May 2013
Gholy said:
Rebuilds were bad, especially 3.0.

>thinking 3.0 was bad

shit taste confirmed, it's easily the best one
Sep 16, 2015 9:47 AM

Feb 2015
Sentionaut said:
xbobx said:

You're saying that people didn't like 3.0 because anyone that saw 3.0 and didn't like it must have been projecting themselves onto Shinji. I wasn't projecting myself onto Shinji, yet I still felt that 3.0 wasn't exactly an impressive film. Done. Refuted.

I enjoyed it well enough, but it feels exactly like an overboard confused clusterfuck cash cow Anno would make because he'd finally realised after 2.0 that his audience was much dumber than he'd anticipated and that he didn't actually have to worry about developing characters so long as he wowed them with flashy mecha fights and scenes that paid homage to fanfiction.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 16, 2015 9:50 AM
Mar 2015
#Evangelion:3.0+1.0fuckingwhere
Sep 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
Caelidesu said:
Sentionaut said:

You're saying that people didn't like 3.0 because anyone that saw 3.0 and didn't like it must have been projecting themselves onto Shinji. I wasn't projecting myself onto Shinji, yet I still felt that 3.0 wasn't exactly an impressive film. Done. Refuted.

I enjoyed it well enough, but it feels exactly like an overboard confused clusterfuck cash cow Anno would make because he'd finally realised after 2.0 that his audience was much dumber than he'd anticipated and that he didn't actually have to worry about developing characters so long as he wowed them with flashy mecha fights and scenes that paid homage to fanfiction.

hurr durr audience enjoys flashy fights and good visuals, they must be dumb!!!

Hakurei_ said:
#Evangelion:3.0+1.0fuckingwhere

fucking nowhere :( delayed to 2017 incoming
Sep 16, 2015 9:57 AM

Feb 2015
Kokko said:
>thinking 3.0 was bad

Whether or not it was bad aside, it's easily the worst of the three.
Sep 16, 2015 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
TheRefractingOne said:
Kokko said:
>thinking 3.0 was bad

Whether or not it was bad aside, it's easily the worst of the three.

This.

As I have said, you can literally cut huge chunks of the movie and lose absolutely nothing.
The plot remains exactly the same. That's a sign of atrocious writing. And even then, it completely destroyed everything that had been established in 1.0 and 2.0.... I don't despise 3.0 as I did originally but there is a clear loss of quality from 2.0 to 3.0.
Sep 16, 2015 12:30 PM

May 2015
We don't know how she got the eyepatch yet.
Don't know release date for 4.0
He caused an impact. People hated him for 15 damn years

Sep 16, 2015 3:48 PM

Jun 2010
Zefyris said:
blablabla.
The source? i participated in them. Do you have any idea of how much anime/manga boards from 15-20 years ago are still here currently (and still have the content from that time archived and available, to boot?). I checked and there's only one board of all the board I was going too. Same for most bills on website directly reporting news and stuff about name. And it's still there because that was the less active of the bunch so very few posts on it (and not in english, too).
Why are you asking for a source of something that happened so long ago (internet wise) even though it doesn't exist any more?

Source?
It does not matter if you can't find your own post or whatever you're implying you participated of. If the community that, according to you, despised the movie by the reasons you gave still exists and OBVIOUSLY some of the still exists (unless you all died or committed suicide during the past 15 years), you should have at least one source of it. Remember I'm not asking for more people with the same view you have on EoE or whatever, I'm questioning about the "rants" and "hate" towards EoE, the "rants" from fans of the "original series" you mentioned. Rants that are nowhere to be seen or at least weren't significant enough. Honestly the only rants worth mentioning of the period (1996) were because of TV 24~26.

Zefyris said:
Are you asking me to participate in an argument about a movie and series I watched somewhere between 15-20 years ago ? Seriously? Please think for 2 seconds before writing a wall of text about it... -_-"

So your memory is fresh enough to bad-mouth it but not clear enough to defend your claim after I presented a different argumentation?
Wow! Great memory you have there!
I said, and I quote: You really should rewatch things if you don't remember them well.

Zefyris said:
For me I already discussed already longly, very longly about it. All there was to said had been said countless time. As if I would continue participating in discussion afterwards when they poped. It's probably the same for most early fans of Evangelion as well. We may have been fans, but we're not going to talk repeatedly about it for 20 years...

Nobody is asking for you to deconstruct and analyze 24x60x120 frames of a movie. Nobody is asking you to give your 1168186 pages interpretation of kimochi warui. Nobody is asking for you discuss what has been discussed already.
All I'm asking is for an explanation. YOU came into an Eva thread and YOU posted an half-assed view of the movie and now is refusing to back up YOUR claim. If you're really done "discussing" Eva, why the hell are you here?
Ironically, all the "old fans" you say that are all tired of "discussing eva" were all back and around when the BDs came out couple of weeks ago.
Whatever m8, stay on your "original fan" bubble, maybe when you decide to revisit the franchise you'll notice how nonsensical are some of the things you're saying.
Sep 16, 2015 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
What the....
/Facepalm

Again, do you have any idea of the % of content of what was posted about anime manga in the 1995/2002 period still available online nowadays? Almost nothing. Yo uwant me to search in some deserted part of internet for your little pleasure a proof of what I experimented directly? Let me tell you something, I don't care if you believe me or not. Your opinion on that subject has absolutely no value to me, why should I make incredible effort to convince you? Do you think you're some special snowflake?

And yes, obviously there was peoples complaining about the 25-26. That was mostly the same peoples who enjoyed EoE so they were on the other side of the loooong threads with the discussion between the two. BTW, all of my IRL friends who watched evangelion rejected EoE just as well, and they didn't need me. They were actually very surprised when I said to them that online there was actually peoples rejecting episode 25-26 instead, and I clearly remember having to explain them why the episode 25-26 were rejected by a part of the "fans".

Anyway, yes my memory is fresh enough to remember the time spent arguing and the main reason of the argument, but not fresh enough to remember the detail of the movie that I disliked and never watched again after those 15-18 years.

"you should rewatch it" -> are you... Suggesting that I should rewatch any movie that I didn't like among those I watched 15+ years ago, so that I can remember precisely why I didn't ask it? For what kind of reason? To awake my masochistic side? To please you ? Who are you again?

Why am I posting in this thread, you ask? Right now, because a certain someone keep requesting from me some incredible request. Before that, Because that thread is about the rebuild movies, which are 10 years more recent.
Why did I start talking a little about the EoE movie? To answer someone saying that most peoples like EoE. By saying that a lot of peoples in the past agreed with him and disliked EoE. Which is true, I know that very well since I was part of those discussion.
Then someone surprised asked me what was bad about EoE. I answered while saying that I would not enter in any details because it was from too long ago, answering only the general reason without entering into details.

And then I aggro-ed you, who came out of nowhere, and started a discussion that will lead nowhere, and should have ended with me answering the curiosity of the other poster.

How about you give it up already. I'm not going to talk about that movie so long after. I'm not going to watch it back for your pretty eyes. I'm not going to change what I stated earlier because I know what kind of conversations I participated in. And I'm not going to go into an adventure searching for forum archive from 18 years ago for your satisfaction, either. You're wasting your time, and mine as well.

Am I clear now? I came here for the Rebuild movie and have absolutely no intention to go into details about the EoE movie.
ZefyrisSep 16, 2015 4:19 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dupa - Dec 17, 2012

786 by Ten »»
Apr 7, 8:45 PM

» I am Deathly Afraid of Evangelion

DoctorOddball - Aug 29, 2023

2 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:10 PM

» How do you feel about Shinji??

SwagDemonMan - Oct 15, 2014

24 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:06 PM

» Evangelion 3.0 explained (attempt to) [SPOILER]

GuidSMR - Apr 18, 2023

5 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:05 PM

» So is Evangelion 3.0 really that bad? ( 1 2 )

DeusAnima - Oct 6, 2013

75 by Jun_Rei »»
Jul 12, 2022 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.