Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2015 10:07 PM

Jul 2014
Not any of those things, but if I feel anxious or lonely, I just read a novel or talk to some people.
Sep 10, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
I just watch anime or talk to my boyfriend and cuddle with him talking to him about my problems.
Sep 10, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2011
MCsq2 said:
But just don't whine on the forums about it like one particular dumbass on this forum right now.
There are lots now, might as well add myself to the list cuz I'm trendy like that.

OMGG I JUX WANT 2 CUT MYSELF WITH AN ELEPHANT TUSK AND SHOV IN UP MY ASS SO I CAN RELEASE THE BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH AND DIE OF RECTAL BLEEDING OMG
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Sep 10, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2013
"If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see." If only people with anxiety and depression gave meditation a try, i had both but by meditating i let that shit go. Meditation made me appreciate life so much more.
Sep 10, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
Watch animu

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Sep 11, 2015 12:06 AM

Mar 2013
aikaflip said:
Anapanasati meditation. Some people do Zazen, which is very similar. Both are good.
Sep 11, 2015 12:11 AM

Jul 2012
I think people let being upset or a little let down turn into depression I try not to obsess about any of my life's problems and take them 1 at a time.

As always this video fits most depression threads.

MiraniaSep 11, 2015 12:21 AM
Sep 11, 2015 12:19 AM

Aug 2011
dankbuddha said:
"If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see." If only people with anxiety and depression gave meditation a try, i had both but by meditating i let that shit go. Meditation made me appreciate life so much more.
Buddha talking about meditation, that's new.

How do you meditate?
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Sep 11, 2015 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
NekkoArc said:
dankbuddha said:
Buddha talking about meditation, that's new.

How do you meditate?
There are a lot of ways to meditate but i focus on my breathing, everytime a thought pops up in my head i just acknowledge it and let it go.
Sep 11, 2015 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
NekkoArc said:
MCsq2 said:
But just don't whine on the forums about it like one particular dumbass on this forum right now.
There are lots now, might as well add myself to the list cuz I'm trendy like that.

OMGG I JUX WANT 2 CUT MYSELF WITH AN ELEPHANT TUSK AND SHOV IN UP MY ASS SO I CAN RELEASE THE BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH AND DIE OF RECTAL BLEEDING OMG

not enough edge 1/10
Sep 11, 2015 7:06 AM

Aug 2011
Who are you to judge my edge when I AM THE EDGE?
incisorr said:
Sep 11, 2015 7:07 AM

May 2015
There is nothing to do but keep yourself busy.

These thoughts often get in my head when I'm idle. That's probably why I find it hard to sleep.

So I have to always do something. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard. Remaining in motion, is, though, the only thing that works so far.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 11, 2015 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
That's what I do.
Engaged in other stuff to ignore it. Usually by having deep conversations with people, playing video games or sleeping.
Sep 11, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
i suffer from anxiety which triggers chronic blushing. when i'm really nervous my face goes all red in couple seconds, and it stays that way for some time. whole summer i was free of this problem from some reason, and today it started happening again. i really have no idea how to deal with it. if i'm with people at that moment when it happens, my confidence drops, and then it makes me even more nervous and everything worsens. i like to go out all the time, i'm quite sociable and friendly, but now when this blushing started happening again, i'll prolly try to avoid any social gatherings as much as i can till it goes away again

clickable▲
Sep 11, 2015 2:25 PM

Nov 2009
I've suffered from depression for quite a while now and I find that it helps to pick up some extra shifts at work. It keeps you occupied and gives you some sense of satisfaction.

I also smoke a lot of weed, which kinda helps my anxiety, but I wouldnt recommend it
Sep 11, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
CrowleYo said:
i suffer from anxiety which triggers chronic blushing. when i'm really nervous my face goes all red in couple seconds, and it stays that way for some time. whole summer i was free of this problem from some reason, and today it started happening again. i really have no idea how to deal with it. if i'm with people at that moment when it happens, my confidence drops, and then it makes me even more nervous and everything worsens. i like to go out all the time, i'm quite sociable and friendly, but now when this blushing started happening again, i'll prolly try to avoid any social gatherings as much as i can till it goes away again
That's quite cute.
incisorr said:
Sep 11, 2015 10:04 PM

May 2014
LionCake said:

2. Anxiety: Recognize the fact that no ones cares about you or your failures because they are too busy caring about themselves and their own failures. Recognize that assholes are not worth your time. Man up and dont be a beta cuck. I also recognize the fact that I am above average in skill and intellect. So I already feel a sense of security in my self esteem.

Thats how I deal with it.

Good advice. I will heed this, and see how I fare.
You are telling people to take pride in being "above average".
Do you know how to deal with anxiety due to being shy of having hairy legs and armpits?
I have the most anxiety due to that.
Sep 11, 2015 10:10 PM

Oct 2010

insulting helps a lot too
lots of music -
Sep 11, 2015 10:21 PM

Aug 2011
Can I insult you?
incisorr said:
Sep 11, 2015 10:26 PM
Jun 2015
I pretend that I don't have it and move on with my life the best I can.
Sep 11, 2015 10:29 PM

Jun 2015
dankbuddha said:

I've been meditating for 3 years every night. It hasn't helped the anxiety a bit however it did help with the depression in a way. I understand what you mean by offering meditation as a way to help with issues but it certainly does not solve all of them.
Sep 12, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2014
Well, one common path is cynicism. As long as its with animosity it functions as a shroud. Another delusion.
Sep 12, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
Exercise, sleep, works every time.
Sep 12, 2015 7:12 AM

Jul 2015
I just try to ignore it and just make it seem better than it actually is.
This probably not the best way to deal with it though.
Sep 12, 2015 7:20 AM

Mar 2012
Stoic philosophy, meditation, exercise, psychotherapy (listening to You Are Not Your Brain helped immensely) and if all else fails I sleep.

"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius
Sep 12, 2015 7:43 AM
Apr 2014
Listening to chill indie music helps a lot for me.
Sep 12, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2011
Just do what you like in order to overcome anxiety and depression, I recommend therapy if your suffering from some severe depression tho.
Sep 12, 2015 12:48 PM
Dec 2013
When I had depression I tried to distract myself by binge reading. Keeping my mind busy was the key. That's why I hated the night, because there was nothing to do but reflect on how everything sucked . So I decided to get therapy. It took time, but I slowly got better.
Sep 13, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
NekkoArc said:
CrowleYo said:
That's quite cute.
lol only wish i saw it like that.

clickable▲
Sep 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
CrowleYo said:
NekkoArc said:
That's quite cute.
lol only wish i saw it like that.
As a completely straight male, I find that cute.

<3 What's your number? I make you blush all day everyday.
incisorr said:
Sep 14, 2015 7:03 AM

May 2015
The right hand is always the best solution.
Sep 14, 2015 7:04 AM

May 2012
talk to a psychiatrist
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Sep 14, 2015 7:06 AM

May 2015
Know said:
talk to a psychiatrist
Are you stalking me or just a coincidence with post replies?
Sep 14, 2015 7:10 AM

May 2012
TohyaHachijo said:
Know said:
talk to a psychiatrist
im just strolling through cd
i dont even know you
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Sep 14, 2015 7:14 AM

May 2015
Know said:
TohyaHachijo said:
im just strolling through cd
i dont even know you
k
Sep 14, 2015 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
I play video games or just lie down. Sometimes I just try to ignore it, with varying but generally negative results. Occasionally, if it gets really bad, talk about it online with someone.

I've also found that when I'm in greater states of distress I handle it a lot better if I do work to get my mind off things. Work is honestly the most effective thing to avoid the worse parts of depression or whatever the hell it is that keeps me wanting to kill myself.
Sep 14, 2015 7:55 AM

Aug 2013
You know something Ive wondered. I wonder what the actual numbers are for people who survived like real severe depression. I mean sure you can have people saying they feel better, maybe it goes away for a year or two but I don't think its ever really gone and a flare up can happen at any moment. Most of my favorite modern writers have had depression and some lived till they were 50 but in the end after checking up on their bio they always got caught by their depression in the end even those who said they would fight it 20+ years ago, end up shooting themselves in the head at some point. It seems no matter what it gets you in the end if something else doesn't first. So I do wonder what the survivor rate is for people with severe depression diagnosis's long term and how many eventually die to suicide I bet its really high.

Once its got its claws in you, eventually it will gets you 3 months, 5 years, 10 years the house always wins in the end.
Sep 14, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
RCDK said:
Workout and not watching Evangelion

Lol'd.

Depression can be solved by having great sex every once in awhile.
It is a large boost to ego and confidence for men.
Sep 14, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
RCDK said:
Workout and not watching Evangelion
Would Eva be a really great thing to watch while depressed though? The show has a very uplifting ending as long as you don't watch End of Eva, and Shinji is a really relatable character for some people. The show shows people with various emotional problems and how they deal with and attempt to overcome their flaws, traumas, etc. It can show people that people with similar issues were thought of and such.
Sep 14, 2015 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a Highly Sensitive Person, so Anxiety and Mood changes are very Normal for me
Sep 27, 2015 1:05 AM

Nov 2013
A little late to the party but I thought I would vent a bit anyways.

I'm not sure how to deal with depression exactly.

Watching anime doesn't seem to work for me. Nowadays when I try to watch an anime, I either get very anxious and don't want to start the first episode or I quit in the middle of the first episode because I feel like I'm not enjoying the anime like I should. Watching anime just doesn't have the same excitement that I used to get six months ago.

Playing video games is still fun and I often play them to cheer me up when I'm feeling down in the dumps but I miss enjoying anime like I used to and I just don't want to quit watching it forever because there looks to be so many good anime out there that I haven't tried yet.

I've tried getting help but I felt like my anxiety and depression wasn't getting any better so I stopped going to my psychiatrist to save myself from the numerous amount of awkward hour-long sessions I would've had to endure.

Could someone give me some advice that might help me through this dilemma?
FunnyRatmanSep 27, 2015 1:09 AM

Sep 27, 2015 1:14 AM

Jun 2015
Hurting myself also playing video games.
Sep 27, 2015 1:18 AM
Apr 2014
We are all having depression in one degree or another to a certain extent. I try to savor joy in simple things in life.

If you have severe depression on the other hand, I don`t know what to tell ya.
Sep 27, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
I stopped fapping and reminded myself that I have a goal. Well, I actually had a dream about said goal.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Sep 27, 2015 3:09 AM
Jul 2015
I don't have time for being depressed, so much things to do :]
Sep 27, 2015 7:27 AM

May 2015
DissonantSoul said:
A little late to the party but I thought I would vent a bit anyways.

I'm not sure how to deal with depression exactly.

Watching anime doesn't seem to work for me. Nowadays when I try to watch an anime, I either get very anxious and don't want to start the first episode or I quit in the middle of the first episode because I feel like I'm not enjoying the anime like I should. Watching anime just doesn't have the same excitement that I used to get six months ago.

Playing video games is still fun and I often play them to cheer me up when I'm feeling down in the dumps but I miss enjoying anime like I used to and I just don't want to quit watching it forever because there looks to be so many good anime out there that I haven't tried yet.

I've tried getting help but I felt like my anxiety and depression wasn't getting any better so I stopped going to my psychiatrist to save myself from the numerous amount of awkward hour-long sessions I would've had to endure.

Could someone give me some advice that might help me through this dilemma?

Watching anime and playing video games aren't active enough. Your body is pretty static when doing both.

Physical activity helps. You're busy moving your body in the right way to think about it. It can be anything from physical exercise to washing dishes.

The most important thing is determination. You start an activity, don't ever stop because of depression. Just keep going. The key to lifting yourself up is contiuing on because of depression. Plenty of times I exercised while depressed as fuck, but I kept on and I felt better by the end.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 13, 2015 4:07 AM

Nov 2015
Personally I have 5 things that helps me to overcome depression.
First of all, it's candies and other confectionary products.
Secondly, it's my favourite "Friends" episodes. It always cheep me up.
Thirdly, it's stattera. I use it when I feel some severe depression symptoms. I advice you not to take it without your doctors prescription.
[url]http://www.rx-discountcoupons.com/coupons/strattera-coupon-code-10-off/[/url]
Also I clean up in my bedroom and work out in gym. I like treadmill in the gym the most.
And what about you?
Dec 13, 2015 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
Meditation
Dec 13, 2015 5:43 AM

Oct 2011
Immerse myself in my hobbies.
Dec 13, 2015 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
entertaining suicidal thoughts and self depreciation has been my go to the past couple years. smiley, happy go lucky "omg lifes amazing and so r u" just doesn't work for me
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

50 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 minute ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

8 by GinIonSui »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » individualism like in usa or collectivism like in japan

deg - 6 hours ago

16 by Adnash »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - 8 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
28 minutes ago

» What do you think about education in your country?

Sad - 3 hours ago

7 by DesuMaiden »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.