Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 10, 2016 9:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Equitum said:
OrangeJP said:
Go home Shirayuki, you're drunk

Shirayuki not being able to hold her liquor just feels so right, and is hilarious XD

Getting drunk on 1 glass xD
She's not party girl material lol

RIP at guy who's head was sliced. That's gotta be a gruesome way to die.

"My hand just moved on its own"
She sure seems to be in a good mood.

Jan 23, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2010
kyle8998 said:
That flashback was crazy

that was so sad and unexpected!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
As supposed by the promo, the episode turns out to be really interesting, primarily because it breaks the monotony given by the relationship established who was erect Shirayuki as the only point on which to gravitate all events, then why has started talking of the other characters. Drawings and animations that are of excellent quality, beautiful OST.
Feb 6, 2016 8:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shirayuki has a low tolerance for alcohol... why am I not surprised! Nice to see more of Zen's past. That bloodshed though... man this shoujo is so unique!

5/5
Feb 10, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
Passed out from 1 drink poor Shirayuki XD.

Really nice to see what kind of past Zen had and I thought that guy was Obi.
Jul 23, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
Interesting enough episode I guess, but I didn't really get into it.

3/5
Aug 11, 2016 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
There was a lot more dying in this episode than I was expecting.

Whoa.
Dec 30, 2016 3:08 PM

Aug 2012
Oh this episode was so sad!!
Jul 12, 2017 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
Though the bloodless carnage did take some credibility from the final scene, the flashback was all-around well done, and thoroughly depressing. The incident must have done a real number on Zen. It's likely that his poison tolerance treatment was conducted after these events, as we know that Mitsu was already at his side at that point, but he was still 13.

It's bittersweet but also comforting that Mitsuhide became a close friend to Zen over time; it appears eventually he managed to find a way to value friendship with members of his staff as well. On the other hand, I wonder how much time it took him to be able to trust people outside castle walls again.
LeeTailorJul 12, 2017 4:32 PM
Oct 3, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
Kiki so pretty.
lol at Obi trying to see Shirayuki's face.
Garack.
Oh shit. Izana cut that dude face.
Dat death.
You can't hear Zen crying because your sword is making too many loud sound effects.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 23, 2017 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
Izana's actions came with a price. Perhaps also why Zen stayed vigilant by building up posion immunity.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 2, 2017 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
That was a harsh experience for a kid.
Apr 5, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
Some nice backstory. I liked seeing Zen and Mitsuhide's "origin story".

Interesting how differently it affected Zen and his brother, who seems a lot more naturally suspicious than Zen.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 12, 2019 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
The saddest episode so far.

It is nice to see the backstory of other characters. I like how this anime does not solely focus on Zen and Shirayuki's romance.

In the first half of the episode, we get to see Obi being appointed as Shirayuki's bodyguard by Zen. Obi and Shirayuki are getting closer with each other. Shirayuki is slightly offended when Obi asks her if she wishes that Zen is not a prince instead (this question indicates that if Zen is not a prince, it is easy for Shirayuki and Zen to bond as friends). Shirayuki deeply cares for Zen and she finds the question absurd. It is funny that Shirayuki has a low tolerance in alcohol.

In the second half of the episode, we get to see Zen's past.

I feel sorry for Zen. It is hard for him to make friends because he is a prince. He has found an only friend during childhood, but that friend is a traitor. It is not easy to find real friends.

It is nice to see Mitsuhide being loyal to Zen ever since Mitsuhide has been appointed as Zen's attendant. Mitsuhide is a good friend.

Prince Izana is actually a good man. He protects his brother and he thinks of the welfare of all, even if it means he has to kill people who are doing bad stuff.

That swordfight is good. Enemies being torn in half. Prince Izana and Mitsuhide are skilled swordsmen.

When Zen cries for Atri's death, I remember how my friends in the past betray me. Just like Zen, I would still cry if something bad happens to them even if they are fake friends.

The phrase that Atri utters before he dies is the same phrase that Obi uses when he asks Shirayuki if she wishes that Zen is not a prince instead.

Happiness does not come from social status and wealth. It actually comes from people who are there for you wholeheartedly.
Sep 9, 2019 2:30 PM

Apr 2017
Nice segue from the more lighthearted present to the serious flashback. If Zen weren't a prince, he'd be a completely different person and Shirayuki probably wouldn't have even met him to begin with, let alone stayed by his side, so the question is kind of pointless (I know what he meant by it).

The chief court herbalist's appearances are always welcome, I appreciate her sense of humor XD

Atri's betrayal came at a rough time in Zen's development. Mitsu had just convinced him to stop keeping everyone at a distance Zen assumed he should just because he was the prince (and trying to copy his bro), and Atri goes and proves himself to be a suspicious person with ill motives.

Izana being shown as even more of a badass than previously. He certainly doesn't look like the type to let his guard down completely around anyone.
Pande91Sep 9, 2019 2:35 PM
Sep 19, 2019 8:51 AM
Dec 2017
thats why i told people to not have friend. they are evil.
Apr 20, 2020 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
Yuki-chan is so cute getting drunk immediately after a little sip. Don't worry Obi is there to drink everything for you.

Man, I feel sorry for Zen but I also felt sorry for his boyfriend who died :(
臭い-
Dec 24, 2020 4:20 PM

Jul 2017
Solid episode. Shirayuki's an extreme lightweight, she would never last at a party at my friends' places given how easy it was for her to be knocked out essentially by a small glass of alcohol there, while Obi killed that one. Obi probably falling for Shirayuki by the way you can see them interact with each other, like when he pulled down Shirayuki's mask out of instinct to see her face clearly like that. Shirayuki's eyes though are mostly focused on work and Zen so it won't really go anywhere, but at least Shirayuki having Obi as an assistant/friend for the time being sounds interesting.

Also got to know more about Zen's past. It wasn't that interesting particularly but an eye-opener for how he can never let his guard down because of his status and rank, no matter how friendly another person can be towards him, and in this case, it was Atri. Poor Zen had to see Atri get got like that by his aide at the time, Mitsuhide, but Atri deserved that in the end for wanting to betray Zen the entire time. Shame really. Pretty predictable stuff but stuff that at least matured his character by some distance seemingly.
Feb 25, 2021 6:02 PM
Jun 2020
Honestly doesn't make sense how Zen is so trusting of Shirayuki considering what happened in his past. If I was in his situation I would be paranoid as shit meeting new people, but throughout the show, even when other characters (ie that lord and his brother) warn him about her, he disregards them.
Mar 16, 2021 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
It's not that surprising that Zen can trust Shirayuki, I mean, we all have to overcome the past behind at some point, so to speak. He's also pretty much in love. That said, there gotta be a hint of doubt left in his mind.

Basically, things aren't always black or white.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was actually pretty serious.
Also I’m starting to like Obi more.
And I’m also happy that we got to learn a bit about Zen’s past
Jan 22, 2022 6:13 AM

Dec 2020
obi ur so obvious oh godd. not ready for him to realize his feelings and tries not to erase it while failing to do so just to have his feelings get the best of him and reach to shirayuki even more. NOT ready for that obi angst

this show probably being one of the few, Very few shoujo where i actually enjoy their action scenes. thought they were pretty good too

lil zen story there, losing a friend like that must've hurt. especially those last words man
Mar 3, 2022 6:14 AM

Aug 2018
About time we got a REAL sword fight, not the one keeping safe with less violent ones.
Jan 6, 2023 4:21 AM

May 2015
Zen's story is pretty sad.
Mar 22, 2023 12:19 PM

May 2020
Good to get something about Zen's past. Though that tells he's a quick to believe anyone kind of person, which he has seen demerits in the past, which may also doubt someone why he's so trusting of Shirayuki despite that.. well we know why, he likes her. Pretty evident since first episode.

Also yeah good thing they had Zen's attendant Mitsuhide in the backstory. Tells more about his character, as till yet he's someone who's just there.
Oct 24, 2023 1:55 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to sibbo7
oxfordroyale said:
Honestly, I really didn't have any high expectations for liking this show when I started it, but it's turned out to be one of my favorite anime in a long time (definitely my favorite this season). I like it so much that I'm actually reading the manga too, which I rarely do. Really glad I decided to look past the mediocre description and watch the first episode.

Exactly the Opposite for me.. i'm not getting anything at all from this Show, don't know why.
I dropped it now after 6 Episodes
@sibbo7 Very late reply... lol. I sort of agree. Though it's not bad enough for me to drop it completely, so far. So I'll just slog through the season and review it.

I thought it'd be interesting as a Shoujo that follows a pharmacist and is based on a fairy tale. I thought it'd be magical, but it's not. It's just meh. No flavor. Not even a little sweetness.
Oct 24, 2023 2:17 AM

Apr 2017
When Atri is a more compelling character than most of the people seen thus far. Atri and that one guy who tried to kidnap Shirayuki. They both only appeared in one episode, but were more interesting that most of the characters in this show. The only exception being Prince Izana. That's... Sad.
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
Oct 2016
now i'm wishing this anime was about zen and atori lol. glad to see some solid development happen at least once. also felt like the contrast in content and severity compared to the previous episodes (bloody murder and minor drinking alcohol ((which is rare/unheard of in anime)) did a lot to redeem it. i'm hoping there will be some introspective for shirayuki, that would pull things together nicely.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 10, 2015

114 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 25, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.