Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aw man, no omakes this volume? Oh well, since volume 8 isn't out yet (nor do I have any idea when it'd be coming out) seems like this will be the last new chapter I read for quite some time so thankfully it was a good one. Seems like whenever a chapter centers around Zapp & Zed, it's one of the most crazy chapters, much like the food one was however this one was far more insane. The rube-goldberg series of events that concur to lead Zapp & Zed into the safe were ludicrous but a lot of fun to see play out.
Aug 20, 2015 11:38 PM
Jan 2011
Gah, I would love to see this chapter played out in the anime, the steel ball going around would be sweet to see. And yeah kinda depressed that Volume 8 doesn't have a date yet(Dark Horse mentioned it so it is coming).
Aug 22, 2015 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
Oh man, I'd love to see what Rei Matsumoto would do with this chapter. Hopefully the anime gets a second season or at least some OVA's. There's too many chapters that I want to see adapted.
Mar 11, 2016 7:49 AM
Feb 2016
Terrestrious said:
Oh man, I'd love to see what Rei Matsumoto would do with this chapter. Hopefully the anime gets a second season or at least some OVA's. There's too many chapters that I want to see adapted.

i just wanted to ask. Are the manga is still episodic until the end? Then i think the anime will be forever episodic too.
Mar 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Harukei_bMaster said:
Terrestrious said:

i just wanted to ask. Are the manga is still episodic until the end? Then i think the anime will be forever episodic too.

Well, the manga's still ongoing & only the first seven volumes have been released in English (come on Dark Horse, let's get 8 over here already) but so far, yeah the series is episodic. It's like a slice of life set Jerusalem's Lot instead of having an over-arching narrative. It's pretty great. I don't think it'd be impossible for the series to eventually shift gears into a serial nature but the first seven volumes are fairly episodic.

As a side note, the anime wasn't entirely episodic though. It mixed in the episodic affairs with the overarching narrative about White & Black.

*Edit*

Also, I love how you happened to ask this in the thread where I asked for some OVA's as one has since been announced. Though it doesn't cover a chapter I've read.
Mar 15, 2016 3:18 AM
Feb 2016
Terrestrious said:
Harukei_bMaster said:

Well, the manga's still ongoing & only the first seven volumes have been released in English (come on Dark Horse, let's get 8 over here already) but so far, yeah the series is episodic. It's like a slice of life set Jerusalem's Lot instead of having an over-arching narrative. It's pretty great. I don't think it'd be impossible for the series to eventually shift gears into a serial nature but the first seven volumes are fairly episodic.

As a side note, the anime wasn't entirely episodic though. It mixed in the episodic affairs with the overarching narrative about White & Black.

*Edit*

Also, I love how you happened to ask this in the thread where I asked for some OVA's as one has since been announced. Though it doesn't cover a chapter I've read.

just which one is better? Manga or anime(excluding some filler)?
Anyway the manga are already completed at volume 10. And i heard there is one volume/chapter(i'm not sure) of Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back (spin off manga) released in japan last July, after volume 10.
Well, the manga is still funny and somehow emotional, right? I just want to make sure i'm not wasting time waiting for s2.
Oh and one more thing, how many the 13 kings has been introduced? King of Despair has already appeared, or not? No spoiler please :)
sorry for asking too much, i'm always done this when i'm bored haha
Harukei_bMasterMar 15, 2016 3:22 AM
Mar 17, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
Harukei_bMaster said:
Anyway the manga are already completed at volume 10. And i heard there is one volume/chapter(i'm not sure) of Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back (spin off manga) released in japan last July, after volume 10.
Well, the manga is still funny and somehow emotional, right? I just want to make sure i'm not wasting time waiting for s2.
Oh and one more thing, how many the 13 kings has been introduced? King of Despair has already appeared, or not? No spoiler please :)

I prefer the anime because I absolutely adore the OST & the visual direction plus the White & Black story gave a necessary emotional core throughout the whole series. However, I'd still recommend checking the manga, since the anime skipped out on my favorite chapters of the manga (a potential season 2, could still choose to adapt though, to be fair).

Of the 7 volumes out, only volume 1 & volume 5 offer no new material. Volume 2 has a short chapter that gives episode 4 more context. Volume 3, has the best one-off adventure in Kekkai Sensen sans maybe Don't Forget to Not Forget Me. & it's like 86 pages long (the rest you've seen). Volume 4 gives Gilbert more screentime. Volume 6 has the lunch episode but the rest is new. & nothing from Volume 7 has been adapted. So maybe get Volume 7 to test the waters? Though I think the original material in Volume 3 & 6 are much better than what you get in 7 & 6 has more original stories so yeah. & yes, the manga is still funny & emotional, I think 6 is still good.

I thought Back 2 Back was basically a direct continuation, well as direct as an episodic series can be. But I don't have much info on it. Funny how both of Nightow's series ended up getting split up like that (with Trigun & Trigun Maximum).

lol, not sure how I can answer that 13 Kings questions without spoilers. Essentially 3. I'm putting a spoiler tag where I explain more without doing any majors spoilers or anything.

Mar 17, 2016 10:04 PM
Feb 2016
Terrestrious said:
Harukei_bMaster said:

I prefer the anime because I absolutely adore the OST & the visual direction plus the White & Black story gave a necessary emotional core throughout the whole series. However, I'd still recommend checking the manga, since the anime skipped out on my favorite chapters of the manga (a potential season 2, could still choose to adapt though, to be fair).

Of the 7 volumes out, only volume 1 & volume 5 offer no new material. Volume 2 has a short chapter that gives episode 4 more context. Volume 3, has the best one-off adventure in Kekkai Sensen sans maybe Don't Forget to Not Forget Me. & it's like 86 pages long (the rest you've seen). Volume 4 gives Gilbert more screentime. Volume 6 has the lunch episode but the rest is new. & nothing from Volume 7 has been adapted. So maybe get Volume 7 to test the waters? Though I think the original material in Volume 3 & 6 are much better than what you get in 7 & 6 has more original stories so yeah. & yes, the manga is still funny & emotional, I think 6 is still good.

I thought Back 2 Back was basically a direct continuation, well as direct as an episodic series can be. But I don't have much info on it. Funny how both of Nightow's series ended up getting split up like that (with Trigun & Trigun Maximum).

lol, not sure how I can answer that 13 Kings questions without spoilers. Essentially 3. I'm putting a spoiler tag where I explain more without doing any majors spoilers or anything.

i think the spoiler isn't spoiler at all anyway but thanks. 3 kings, femt, aligura and the un-introduced queen (i got spoiled by the wiki several months ago, but its still ok because i never see her pic and i forget about what the chara do.)
Do you have any idea why Dark Horse Comic still slow in publishing the eng translation?
Mar 17, 2016 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
Harukei_bMaster said:

i think the spoiler isn't spoiler at all anyway but thanks. 3 kings, femt, aligura and the un-introduced queen (i got spoiled by the wiki several months ago, but its still ok because i never see her pic and i forget about what the chara do.)
Do you have any idea why Dark Horse Comic still slow in publishing the eng translation?

I figured but I wanted to make sure. Don't like the idea of accidently spoiling someone. I'm not so sure that the wiki's info on that Queen is right though but I don't want to get into that since Dark Horse could've just translated things differently from whatever that source was. As for why Dark Horse is slow in publishing, I haven't the slightest clue. Wish I knew, it's been over a year since Volume 7 was published so I'm pretty worried.
Mar 19, 2016 7:20 AM
Feb 2016
Terrestrious said:
Harukei_bMaster said:

I figured but I wanted to make sure. Don't like the idea of accidently spoiling someone. I'm not so sure that the wiki's info on that Queen is right though but I don't want to get into that since Dark Horse could've just translated things differently from whatever that source was. As for why Dark Horse is slow in publishing, I haven't the slightest clue. Wish I knew, it's been over a year since Volume 7 was published so I'm pretty worried.

maybe because the manga popularity? I dont really think it is that popular because its episodic and less appealing male/fmale chara. Now most ppl are only looking for action manga and anime. I see this show (i'm not read manga, just anime) are still less in action and fight scene, but its ok i like comedy too. Anyway i'm not that experienced bcause i just started into the manga&anime industry. So sorry for my beginner-ness.
Mar 26, 2016 3:39 AM
Feb 2016
@Terrestrious sorry for bothering you again and again. Just want to ask, do you know about the spin off manga, Kekkai Sensen: Back 2 Back? Actually it is a spin off only or a sequel?

* there is a page about it but i think no one will reply if i ask there since many people dont know it is existed*
Mar 27, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2012
Harukei_bMaster said:
@Terrestrious sorry for bothering you again and again. Just want to ask, do you know about the spin off manga, Kekkai Sensen: Back 2 Back? Actually it is a spin off only or a sequel?

* there is a page about it but i think no one will reply if i ask there since many people dont know it is existed*

It's cool. I can't say for 100% since I haven't read it but it should be a sequel/direct continuation from this manga. As far as I can tell, the only reason for the two manga's is because the magazine publishing this one was discontinued, so it was branded with a subtitle when it started being published under a different one. Similar thing happened with his last series Trigun (which I haven't read yet but been meaning too for quite some time).

More topics from this board

» The anime adapted the full thing?

stuntinEverlong - Jun 19, 2019

2 by Realhumanbean »»
Jul 15, 2021 11:36 AM

» Any News on Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back Under Dark Horse?

Eka - Apr 13, 2020

3 by WisperG »»
Jun 7, 2020 11:46 PM

» Overpriced Mange Volumes

UnexpressedNoun - Feb 14, 2018

4 by Rhys2753 »»
Sep 15, 2018 4:35 PM

» English Releases

WitchJacqueline - Apr 29, 2016

23 by Rhys2753 »»
Dec 9, 2017 4:28 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Chapter 20 Discussion

Terrestrious - Aug 18, 2015

2 by Terrestrious »»
Aug 22, 2015 12:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.