Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2015 11:59 PM

Mar 2015
I'm specifically talking about his "aura synthesis" ability, and how it pertains to gaining abilities.

When he ate part of Pouf and Youpi, he gains their abilities too, but I seem to remember him using Pouf's ability even after he was dead.

The real question is - are there any abilities Meruem may have had by birth?

Specifically Kite's Crazy Slots ability, or whatever he used to transfer his soul to the Queen's belly or something the Queen ate (maybe the redheaded girl).

A wild guess: Kite somehow transferred a slight bit of consciousness to his conjured clown, and the clown somehow consumed his full consciousness and soul and lived on as a "Nen after death" type entity. Normally only one soul is supposed to go into each egg the Queen lays, while the other souls get discarded, but the clown wouldn't accept its fate as a discarded soul so it hung around in the queen's belly and forced her to make an egg inside of herself. This is why she was caused so much internal damage, and it can probably be said that new-Kite (based off Kite's original soul) fed on some of the Queen's own organs, ultimately causing her death.

But it's likely that the Queen gave all her original food to Meruem which means that when Meruem's egg detached from the Queen, Kite was still just a soul inside of the Queen's body.

So it's very possible that a good portion of whatever matter Kite's aura was attached to, was fed to Meruem's egg. And if Meruem already had his special ability, it's possible that before he was born, he gained Kite's ability as he did Pouf's. It's important to pay attention to chronological order here because Meruem was already quite mature in his egg when Kite "died" to Pitou.

While Meruem may have been prepared to die, he probably didn't want to die, and he could've activated the Crazy Slots clown (which he may not even have known about), and pulled a Kite. if his aura/soul were able to escape and find somewhere to go, it's possible that it would end up in one of those 5,000 coccoons picked up by the Hunters Association.

There is foreshadowing of Meruem pulling some trick with only Palm left to look over his supposed death, who still seems to have some sort of dual loyalty.

Ultimate prediction: Palm realizes that she can track one of the soldier ants with her ability. The soldier ant is probably quite weak and doesn't have any memories of being Meruem until he comes into contact with Palm. Togashi is a troll when it comes to subverting tropes, and the "resurrection of the big bad villain" as an ordinary powered ant would be very consistent with his tendencies.
Aug 13, 2015 12:16 AM

Jan 2014
Togashi would have to get back to work first before we even bring up anything that could happen. Continuation ain't looking so good at this point.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 13, 2015 12:17 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah, he also subverts that Weekly Shounen Jump trope of weekly releases. :(
Aug 13, 2015 5:21 AM

Jan 2015
As much as i love Meruem i think he should stay dead. His story had one of the most beatiful if not the most beatiful endings i've seen and i don't want it to change.
Aug 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
smelldemon said:
As much as i love Meruem i think he should stay dead. His story had one of the most beatiful if not the most beatiful endings i've seen and i don't want it to change.

We get a new masked villain bent on revenge who turns out to be Meruen. "Because you let Komugi die"
End Zionazism
Aug 13, 2015 5:41 AM

Mar 2014
I'll be fine with him coming back in the manner you theorise (or whatever other), as long as the sole purpose for his resurrection is to job to Final Villain Gyro and hype him the fuck up.
Aug 13, 2015 6:44 AM

Feb 2015
Mikasa said:
smelldemon said:

We get a new masked villain bent on revenge who turns out to be Meruen. "Because you let Komugi die"

that would be hilariously bad lol
Aug 13, 2015 5:38 PM

Jun 2015
smelldemon said:

THAT

ziggy_Z said:
I'll be fine with him coming back in the manner you theorise (or whatever other), as long as the sole purpose for his resurrection is to job to Final Villain Gyro and hype him the fuck up.

hah...welfin and bolster think gyro's alive, He was probably eaten by the queen or worse yunsu.

to op
it seems unlikely that kite's consiousness and his after death nen could be separated, so that twin has that ability if any does. although as [fraternal] twins they might share it too.
in which case, kite[girl] goes into seizures and wakes up as meruem/ has a split personality kinda thing.
Aug 13, 2015 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
btw the wiki states Nyancat removed kite's brain and fed it to the queen.
SO maybe none of this happened, it wasnt crazy slots [no. 00] but the brain that gave that thing kite's memories.
Aug 13, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
KuroudoAkabane said:
smelldemon said:

THAT

ziggy_Z said:

hah...welfin and bolster think gyro's alive, He was probably eaten by the queen or worse yunsu.
Huh? I don't understand what you said. Anyway, he's alive and is one of the best candidates for FV.
Aug 13, 2015 6:05 PM

Mar 2015
KuroudoAkabane said:
btw the wiki states Nyancat removed kite's brain and fed it to the queen.
SO maybe none of this happened, it wasnt crazy slots [no. 00] but the brain that gave that thing kite's memories.

The wiki provides a theory no more legitimate than mine. I followed their citations and it leads to nothing. They must have very poor quality control.

And if Ging thinks something happened, it probably happened...

KuroudoAkabane said:
smelldemon said:

THAT

I don't think Togashi places a high value on a beautiful ending, but yeah I'm sure you're not alone on hoping for that.

Even if what I theorize actually comes true, it'd still be the end of Meruem as the Ant King, and he would just end up as a fairly normal ant.
ziggy_Z said:

Gyro was already confirmed to pass through the city where Gon and Killua were training. He is most likely reborn as an ant.

to op
it seems unlikely that kite's consiousness and his after death nen could be separated, so that twin has that ability if any does. although as [fraternal] twins they might share it too.
in which case, kite[girl] goes into seizures and wakes up as meruem/ has a split personality kinda thing.
[/quote]
There's no known cases of ants inheriting abilities, but there are two known cases of Meruem gaining abilities from eating flesh of Nen users. Kite[girl] and Meruem getting the ability aren't even mutually exclusive. I believe Pouf still had his abilities even after Meruem ate part of his body.
HalkenburgAug 13, 2015 6:24 PM

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.