Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 3:09 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That episode was perfect.

Scarlet transformation sequence, her first fight Oo.
Damn you Toei doing this to me ! I need to watch it again !
Jul 6, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
damn, that transformation scene, that fight, those attacks... magnificent!

her new violin looks ugly though, not gonna lie.
Jul 7, 2015 12:12 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Sadly indeed, the violin looks more like a toy...

But what an impressive transformation, reminds me of Cure Ace. (Who also had the best transformation in Doki.)
Jul 9, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2013
Cure Scarlet is the most awesome Cure of the season.
Jul 9, 2015 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
Who the hell writes this shit, I wanna shake his hand and give him a hug for making it sooooo awesome.

Seriously, the scene when Dyspear walks on Towa (ahaha, I see what you did there, Toei: TOWAraito; the same as in Haruka and Kanata for two leada, oh cheeky you) is perfection. It's like they finally found balls to go back to 90's in terms of seriousness and darkness in children shows. I was kinda iffy with Twilight's arc as it didn't had as much emotional impact as I'd like it to have (seriously, Kanata's sacrifice packed a punch more), but this episode swept it all under the rug. My only complaint is that it be kinda better if they made one episode of build-up for Scarlet's debut. I'm thinking about one episode of supposed peace, dealing with sadness after Kanata's sacrifice and more insight for Towa and then BAM, Dyspear finds her. But that's only my five cents. Go! Princess Precure is a great series indeed. Toei, do your best for the second part too!
Jul 9, 2015 10:28 PM

Feb 2013
Towa's transformation and phoenix attack were so good!
She looks pretty cute in the preview too.
Jul 13, 2015 10:58 PM
Feb 2012
The Scarlet Violin would look much better if the anime is not hijacked by a certain toy manufacturer.
[FelineYogi]
Jul 15, 2015 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
To be honest PreCure weapons and transformation devices started look very much like toys since Yes! Precure 5, whereas in Splash Star and Futari wa they still could pass as jewelry or ornamental thingies or something. ... Altough there were already Yu-Gi-Oh-like cards to swipe through the device, so yeah, from this point PreCure doesn't even pretend that it's not a commercial franchise aiming to sell toys. That's a little thing that bugs me about PC: Sailor Moon had those brooches and pens and rods and they looked exactly how you expected them to look while not making an impression of plastic doodads. Not so much in PreCure.
Jan 14, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2008
Well I mean, the precure weapons are toys ahha. It is probably the best way to advertise them to kids to make them look identical to the product they are selling.

I thought it was a great episode, but it is crazy to me how dark Towa's story really is. She was basically abducted as a child and brainwashed into thinking she was Dyspear's daughter for like what, at least 6 years? The trauma she has should be huge. But I mean the show can't really delve into all that ahha.
Feb 10, 2017 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
I have some problem with Ep. 19-21, but this made it all worth it.
Cure Scarlet is fucking awesome.
Apr 3, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
That was really, really good storytelling. It's a shame that this franchise gets written off so easily.

Aside from the ugly and obvious toy ad with the violen (as if the rods weren't pushing it enough) it was an excellent episode that really raised the bar for this installment.

Towa's transformation was awesome, btw.
Apr 5, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
Man that violin scene and then Cure Scarlet transformations...really good ep.
May 11, 2017 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
Holy shit, that was a good episode.
This was also the first time I bothered to sit through an entire transformation scene. Towa has by far the best outfit out of the 4 of them.
May 4, 2018 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
The Magi vibes are strong with this one.

I couldn't help but liken Towa's despair to "Falling into Depravity"
And when I saw Cure Twinkle's barrier, I was like "oh look a Borg"
Then that scene where Cure Scarlet goes up against Dyspear reminded me of the final battle of Kingdom of Magic. I'm probably just reading too much into this. `c_`

Towa was pretty adorable in that preview. ;D
Aug 18, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
The violin became merchandise! xDDD, basically the only complaint in amazing episode, it legit screams "this is a toy".

But yeah, other that damn it was great. Very emotional episode, the action was fantastic, and that transformation scene is so good looking, I love the fire effects. I also liked how honestly scary Dyspear is, especially in the scene where she walked (teleported) to Towa and we saw everything she walked past withering.

Cure Scarlet is here and this brings hope to the future, I'm looking forward to seeing her interactions with the rest of the cast.
Aug 8, 2021 8:53 AM

Feb 2020
Probably the best episode yet.

Cure Scarlet's transformation and her Phoenix Blaze attack were awesome.
May 2, 2023 6:00 AM
Oct 2021
I dunno, I’m split about her….

I liked her transformation an the arc preceding it, but it seems a but overpowered for her to already have three keys, when it took the others half the season just to get that far (plus, don’t they have all 12 now? What are they going to do for the remaining 28 episodes?). I’m getting Cure Ace flashbacks- I really hope they don’t just make her super overpowered like they did with Ace, I’ve been really liking this season so far.

Overall a pretty solid episode, but I’ll definitely have to see how they develop Scarlet before I give this season a proper rating.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 7, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 20 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 14, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 6, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.