Forum Settings
Forums

What are your impressions of the Summer Season 2015 as a whole so far?

New
Jul 4, 2015 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Of course,the thread will be long-term,but this would be a good way to point out more interesting shows.

Personally,I was pleasantly surprised by Rokka no Yuusha,I hope it stays at least as good as the first episode.

On the other hand,the worst impressions were left by Ranpo Kitan:Game of Laplace,which felt..generic,to say the least.

EDIT:Also,before the season started I considered picking up 3~ series,but I have already picked 6 and there are going to be more..probably.

Mod Edit: Please DISCUSS your choices and don't just simply list shows.
TyrelJul 17, 2015 11:49 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2011
Dude, let everything premiere first.
Jul 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
yhunata said:

Seconded.
Jul 4, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
yhunata said:

mada mada desu
Jul 4, 2015 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Tylaen said:
yhunata said:

Seconded.

I wanted to liven it up here a little as well as to make progressive discussion,to go along as the season goes.
Jul 4, 2015 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
Seems pretty average so far.
Jul 4, 2015 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the first Gangsta episode a lot. I was expecting to like the blond guy best, but the Dogtag guy is great. His voice acting when he does speak is fantastic and he's really expressive despite usually being silent.

I was wary it would be try-hard based on the title, but I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Aside from that, I'll be watching Durarara Ten tonight but I'm slightly afraid of being let down. I found the last cour honestly bad.
Jul 4, 2015 2:51 PM

Feb 2015
Same shit, different season. Non Non Biyori is going to be AOTS/Y.
Jul 4, 2015 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
DrCoppelius said:
I liked the first Gangsta episode a lot. I was expecting to like the blond guy best, but the Dogtag guy is great. His voice acting when he does speak is fantastic and he's really expressive despite usually being silent.

I was wary it would be try-hard based on the title, but I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

This is interesting.
I expected it to be edgefest,now I might give it a try.
Jul 4, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
DrCoppelius said:
Aside from that, I'll be watching Durarara Ten tonight but I'm slightly afraid of being let down. I found the last cour honestly bad.
I thought the last cour was a big step up from the first season in terms of writing but the art/animation wasn't as good as Brain's Base. I'm hoping they've got that ironed out a bit this season since there were a few scenes where it got laughably bad.
Jul 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
Basing it off the first episodes, I would say Gangsta pulled off the best one so far.
llewerafJul 4, 2015 3:01 PM
Jul 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Jun 2015
VanishingKira said:
Gangsta. - Alright but not as good as it's being hype.

Ranpo Kitan:Game of Laplace -amazarashi OP only good thing about this so far.

Durarara!!x2 Ten - Might be the first Durarara I give higher than a 6/10.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - As enjoyable & fun to watch as S1.

Rokka no Yuusha - Have yet to watch,seem it's actually surprisingly good according to comment in it's first episode discussion.But still going to wait till I read the LNs before starting the anime.

Charlotte - Have yet to see.

in my opinion top 3 ive seen so far are,
1. Rokka no Yuusha
2. Gate
3. Charlotte
Jul 4, 2015 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Feaor said:
DrCoppelius said:
I thought the last cour was a big step up from the first season in terms of writing but the art/animation wasn't as good as Brain's Base. I'm hoping they've got that ironed out a bit this season since there were a few scenes where it got laughably bad.

I thought it was a bit too stretched out in terms of characters. They introduced far too many characters, and it led to the whole cast having little time on the screen and their plotlines going nowhere.

Like... Izaya has a few scenes but they go nowhere. Same with Kida. He nearly does something in the last episode and then, nothing. Same with the Orihara sisters. It was really frustrating to me because my favorites had almost no screentime, and I had trouble getting attached to the new ones.
Jul 4, 2015 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
I would wait for most of it to have shown 4~5 episodes before making any decisions. I'm quite hyped to see how Dragon Ball Super will turn out though.
Jul 4, 2015 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Snappynator said:
I would wait for most of it to have shown 4~5 episodes before making any decisions. I'm quite hyped to see how Dragon Ball Super will turn out though.

It is only so far,so it is fine to state your opinion on the first episodes and how they compare to one another.
Jul 4, 2015 3:04 PM
Jan 2015
nothing special
Jul 4, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
Charolette and gangsta def have the most potential so far out of the new animes. Gate seems like it will become pretty generic. It's still WAY to early to judge however.
Jul 4, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely better than Winter/Spring for sure.

Jul 4, 2015 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
Itachi said:
Definitely better than Winter/Spring for sure.

Winter yes. But really, Spring? I thought it was one of the best seasons this year.
Jul 4, 2015 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think anything started yet.

Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
Gangsta is the best so far followed by Ushio to Tora and Rokka no Yuusha, imo.
Jul 4, 2015 6:18 PM
Apr 2015
My response is heavily following the "so far"

I have enjoyed "most" of the premiers. From the shows I've seen "so far" I'll say this season looks promising.
Jul 4, 2015 6:23 PM

Sep 2013
I laughed so hard while watching Shimoneta.I won´t be too hasty to say that thiis the most promising anime of this season, but you know....I feel like it is :)
Jul 4, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2014
So far I've seen the first episode of Miss Monochrome 2, My wife is the student council president, Wakaba girl, and Classroom Crisis. Miss monochrome and Wakaba girl both seem pretty cute. Wakaba reminds me of Kiniro Mosaic. My wife... is ecchier than I expected, but it still seems like it could be pretty good. Classroom crisis looks like it could be interesting. CC is the only one of the four that is actually full length, but with only the first episode out and how complicated it looks it feels less developed than the others.
Jul 4, 2015 6:29 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Still waiting for the sequels I care about to release, lol.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jul 4, 2015 6:31 PM

Jan 2015
Boo Boo Boy will be gr8
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 4, 2015 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
The season only starts when NNB starts
Jul 4, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2015
Well here we go:

Aoharu x Kikanjuu - first ep left a pretty good impression on me, nice animation & characters so far. But it didn't really strike me as special

Charlotte - Love the MC but I dislike the other characters so far

Classroom☆Crisis - meh

Gangsta. - This one is the most promising to me, just love the vibe of this anime

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - meh, but has some potential

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - I have a feeling this'll be really good. The MC seems like an interesting guy/girl and I have a feeling the plot will be really good

Rokka no Yuusha - Somehow got the Magi vibe from this one so let's hope it'll get as good as Magi

Ushio to Tora (TV) -

Still waiting for Chaos Dragon sub, God Eater, Overlord and Prison School

Andd I'm planning to catch up with Non Non Biyori & Durarara (have yet to watch S2)

Maybe I'm watching too many animes this season

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 4, 2015 6:44 PM
Jul 4, 2015 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
To those who have watched Ushio to Tora, did you watch it in high quality and if so, where? I can't find it in any quality above 360p.

Also, dunno if relevant but the new LWA was fun, albeit not as much as the first one. The hour went by really quickly.
Jul 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
DrCoppelius said:
To those who have watched Ushio to Tora, did you watch it in high quality and if so, where? I can't find it in any quality above 360p.

Also, dunno if relevant but the new LWA was fun, albeit not as much as the first one. The hour went by really quickly.

Animehaven & Kissanime have it in HD

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 4, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
diegroene said:
DrCoppelius said:

Animehaven & Kissanime have it in HD

Oh, you're right.

I checked Kissanime a couple hours earlier, could have sworn they didn't have it then. I guess they added it, unless I'm somehow mistaken.
Jul 4, 2015 6:54 PM

Feb 2015
Rokka no yuusha-I thought this was going to be bad but I was surprised.

Charlotte-it was decent don't really like where they're going with it

Durarara-the first episode focused on Izaya so I liked it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Symphogear was on FIRE! WOOOOOOOOOOT!
This is what a Summer series should be like, no drama sht just pure fun.

Waiting on Overlord.
Jul 4, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
Does anyone know where to watch Boo Boo Boy? Is anyone even going to be subbing it? It only has 38 members on MAL, so I guess people are probably joking about watching it. I would like to watch it if I can actually find somewhere that provides it subbed.
Jul 4, 2015 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
DrCoppelius said:

I thought it was a bit too stretched out in terms of characters. They introduced far too many characters, and it led to the whole cast having little time on the screen and their plotlines going nowhere.

Like... Izaya has a few scenes but they go nowhere. Same with Kida. He nearly does something in the last episode and then, nothing. Same with the Orihara sisters. It was really frustrating to me because my favorites had almost no screentime, and I had trouble getting attached to the new ones.

Ummm. It's three cours. Those plotlines aren't random and are going somewhere, they all suppose to connect in the end. For example, the first episode of the new cour, is about Izaya, and Kida's will happen during this cour. I don't know why you are treating 12 episodes out of 36, as basis for having too many characters and their plotlines not being finished within the first cour.
Jul 4, 2015 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
Durarara, new cour. Very good first episode. I'm interested to see the relationship

Boring world where the concept of dirty jokes doesn't exist. I was looking forward to this, from early on. Really like the art, and the wacky synopsis. The comedy delivery was so good, it even reminded me of Gintama. So I hope the level of humor is good and consistent.

Charlotte. Was pleasantly surprised by this. I didn't read the synopsis, so I thought this another sappy work from Jun Madea. It so far isn't. Very fun, and my kind of story. I hope it doesn't change it's atmosphere, later on.
Jul 4, 2015 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
Ummm. It's three cours. Those plotlines aren't random and are going somewhere, they all suppose to connect in the end. For example, the first episode of the new cour, is about Izaya, and Kida's will happen during this cour. I don't know why you are treating 12 episodes out of 36, as basis for having too many characters and their plotlines not being finished within the first cour.

I absolutely realize it's three-cour, however:
A) I think they should take into account the fact that it's split. I'm watching as it airs, and having plotlines that haven't gone anywhere after 12 episodes is irritating, especially since I have to wait several months for a conclusion. It's an arc-based show anyway. Would it have been so hard to adapt one light novel in one cour, instead of adapting one and then splitting another one into two? It makes the flow very bad.

B) 12 episodes is enough to have them go somewhere at least, even if not end. Kida had various scenes and they ended in nothing at all. I'm not asking for a conclusion to his arc, but I am asking for him to do something beyond sit in his room a lot.

C) There are too many characters. I don't care that it's three-cour, the focus during individual episodes is still too split.

I mean, maybe it would have been better if I'd waited till the whole thing was over and marathoned it. I am watching it as it airs though, and I just didn't enjoy the first cour all that much.
Jul 4, 2015 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
It's external factors, more than an inherent problem. However, I think the too many characters can be a valid complaint.
Jul 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Nov 2008
It boils down to Joukamachi no Dandelion, Symphogear GX, Gate, and Wakaba Girl right now, however, Million Doll is supposed to be similar in tone to WUG, hopefully it's not as depressing as WUG but explores those dark areas of the idol industry that I complain about, then there's Venus Project which might be good for it's 6 episode run. Non Non Biyori Repeat will be good.

Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM

May 2012
I think everything's pretty good so far, here's what I've watched so far

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace 8/10
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki 8/10
Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2 7/10
Wakaba*Girl 8/10
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen 7/10
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 7/10
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai 6/10
Charlotte 7/10
Durarara!!x2 Ten 7/10
Working!!! 8/10
Rokka no Yuusha 7/10
Aoharu x Kikanjuu 7/10
Ushio to Tora (TV) 7/10
Gangsta. 7/10
Classroom☆Crisis 6/10
Joukamachi no Dandelion7/10
Okusama ga Seitokaichou! 6/10
Jul 4, 2015 7:47 PM

Sep 2014
You know I don't understand why people bother rating anime. Most of these anime are only on there first episode. Some haven't even aired yet. I assume most of the people who rate any this early on are just trolls or fanboys
Jul 4, 2015 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
davinci12 said:
You know I don't understand why people bother rating anime. Most of these anime are only on there first episode. Some haven't even aired yet. I assume most of the people who rate any this early on are just trolls or fanboys

Not really, I rate ongoing anime based on my first impression of the show. As the show progresses I change the rating if the anime gets worse/better.

When the anime finishes I take a final look at it and give it a final rating.

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 4, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2013
Working!!!- Pick up where it left, I love it
Charlotte- Love the plot so far. Ayane Sakura FTW
Aquarion Logos- very good but I get Macross feeling when watching this
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki- Trailer hype but 1st episode is kinda meh
Joukamachi no Dandelion- fun anime, gotta love Hanazawa Kana character
Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX- crazy and epic as the S1, S2
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri- Very interesting plot, need to see more
Classroom☆Crisis- need to see more but remind me of captain earth+robotic note
Jul 4, 2015 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
Durarara X2 Ten[/quote]

Classroom Crisis
Drew a blank on this one tbh. Nothing terrible about it so far and premise wise it seems unique so why not another week?

Gate something something something

Ranpo (Rampo?) Kitan: The Game of Laplace

gedataJul 4, 2015 8:16 PM
Jul 4, 2015 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
My summer has been pretty mild. I work.about half the time and chill the rest.

And that's my summer.so far.
Jul 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
gedata said:

[/quote]

Oh gawd A-1 is doing this? I'm guessing it will turn in some kind of harem then..

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 4, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
Rokka -Braves of the 6 Flowers- is off to a damn good start. Loved the art, VAs, animation, atmosphere, OP/ED. Everything.
GATE is below Rokka, but certainly worth watching at this point. Loved the OP and what little animation I saw, I liked and expect more of.

Aoharu x Machinegun. I'd be disappointed if I didn't have my doubts before watching. Not gonna watch.
Ushio and Tora. Same as above.

Waiting on:
Snow White with the Red Hair (hyped)
God Eater (hyped)
Sky Wizard Academy
Old_RavenJul 4, 2015 9:58 PM
Jul 4, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
God Eater is delayed but it's fine as long as ufotable is doing it to improve quality.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight though. As fun as the first season.
Jul 4, 2015 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
diegroene said:
gedata said:

Oh gawd A-1 is doing this? I'm guessing it will turn in some kind of harem then..

All-in-all, this season appears to be rather interesting, with Ushio to Tora taking the top spot for me so far.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

16 by Dragevard »»
8 minutes ago

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - Today

29 by luckyrune »»
11 minutes ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - Today

39 by SuperAdventure »»
37 minutes ago

» What exactly are the perks of having waifu?

SgtBateMan - Today

35 by FanofAction »»
46 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

75 by Lucifrost »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.