Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2015 1:57 AM

Feb 2015
Lets just imagine your job was simply to watch anime (non nessesarly review it maybe optional) do you think your feelings towards anime would change due to constant obligation and stuff would it lost its charm? If had such job i dont know what would happen

For example i love recommending people Pc parts helping to deside etc, solving problems but i would probably like it just a bit less when i am forced to do it as job.
ExowaveJul 4, 2015 4:55 AM
Jul 4, 2015 1:59 AM

Nov 2014
No, it's just like Game testing or game development (although the latter is more technical).
It may change, but I don't think I'll hate anime afterwards.

Jul 4, 2015 1:59 AM

Jun 2015
nope just keep the same pace as before
Jul 4, 2015 2:08 AM

May 2015
What kind of job is it?

If I have to finish every anime I start, if I'm told what to watch then I'd enjoy it less.

If I get to watch what I want, when I want and how I want and get paid for that, I'll enjoy it more.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 4, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2015
I'd have to watch through anime I didn't like. That does not sound fun.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 4, 2015 2:13 AM

Feb 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
What kind of job is it?

If I have to finish every anime I start, if I'm told what to watch then I'd enjoy it less.

If I get to watch what I want, when I want and how I want and get paid for that, I'll enjoy it more.

Good question i am assuming they would force us to watch as much they want not the oposite.

In second case i think most on mal would enjoy the heck out of it.
Jul 4, 2015 2:18 AM

Oct 2014
If you're not reviewing it, what the hell are you getting paid for? Anyone can watch anime, so you don't have any skills that are required for the job. You could just stick a teddy bear by the computer while anime is playing and you could get paid for doing nothing, provided that the teddy bear is over 16 years old. Also, would I get paid by the hour? I'm assuming it would have to be less than minimum wage. The only way I could see anything like this happening is for the anime companies trying to understand the opinions of the people, but then it would make much more sense for them to get actual Japanese people for the job. If it was minimum wage, I'd still get a normal job as well. Watching anime isn't helping out the community and I doubt it would count as "work experience", so it would be pretty much pointless. Being paid to be a loser doesn't make you any less of a loser.
Jul 4, 2015 2:18 AM

Mar 2015
icirate said:
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 4, 2015 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
Guess, I'd give a try if it's possible.
Jul 4, 2015 2:30 AM

Oct 2014
A test screening job would be awesome. It would honestly mean that whatever my opinion is on in the anime would effect how it's changed. Count me in.
Jul 4, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 2015
Just watching, I probably would not mind.

Now reviewing it, it would take a lot of the fun outta it as you start nitpicking small details.
Jul 4, 2015 2:34 AM

Sep 2014
I guess it'll depend on whether or not I get to choose which anime I watch. If it's a no and they just force me to watch Mars of Destruction or SAO-type shows, I'd probably resort to suicide. Or just quit my job of course (if that were an option).
Jul 4, 2015 2:36 AM

Feb 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

That wouldn't be a job, it would be a paid hobby.
Awesome Forum Set by @SenpieX
Jul 4, 2015 2:44 AM

Jun 2008
It would suck....

The hypothetical doesn't work unless there is a give and take.

If you watch anime as your job, you need to give something from what you are taking....the give would probably be a review.

And that's where you would have to be objective and the way you watch anime would change, no longer would it be just for fun or enjoyment, now you have to critically analyze things and your livelihood depends on it.

Nope....that doesn't sound like fun.
Jul 4, 2015 2:50 AM

Aug 2014
Unyilkdr said:
icirate said:
Jul 4, 2015 2:53 AM

Nov 2012
I have a serious case of procrastination, and I already put off watching anime and browse the internet instead. I can barely finish a series nowadays, usually stop watching on the last few episodes lol. So I think making it a job would make things even worse and I'd get fired pretty quickly for not doing my work.
Jul 4, 2015 2:54 AM

Jan 2015
Well there are jobs that require with just watching Animu
especially in the magazine field
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 4, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2015
If I get paid more than minimum wage I would do it.
Jul 4, 2015 4:02 AM

Jun 2015
Enjoyment would never be the same, after all you are obliged to watch.
(along with tight schedules, paperwork etc.)

But if the pay is good, then no problem :)
*money money money...*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 4:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sounds nice but I reckon it'd get repetitive pretty fast
Jul 4, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
Depends on the salary. I also should have extra benefits and gym membership.
#CHEXIT
Jul 4, 2015 4:05 AM

Feb 2013
I would do it for sure, it would be my ideal work, it doesn't even matter what kind of anime I have to watch, I always finish everything I start anyway for free.
Jul 4, 2015 4:10 AM
Apr 2014
I would probably be tired of anime after a few year if it was my job. Would my vacation then be by not watching anime then?
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jul 4, 2015 4:14 AM

Feb 2015
Rakaxo said:
I would probably be tired of anime after a few year if it was my job. Would my vacation then be by not watching anime then?

I guess vacations would be more often then on regular jobs.
Jul 4, 2015 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
Hey, at least you just have to watch anime. Its really hard to get a decent job these days. Would you like to be the garbage man instead?

Jul 4, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
I'm not immature enough to think I would enjoy it forever.

I mean when I watch too many anime in a season that are mediocre/average, it starts to feel like a chore watching them and I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

You can't watch good anime without wading through loads of not so good stuff finding it.
Jul 4, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2015
Nah, I'd lose my passion or interest in anime then. Too much of the same thing = not good. It's good to have variety in life.
Jul 4, 2015 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Poltergeist18 said:
Unyilkdr said:
This however...

LionCake said:
If I get paid more than minimum wage I would do it.
I would be able to tolerate it
Jul 4, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not going to lie, I'd be sick of it if its my routine. I watch anime that I like, whenever I like, being pressured (because I'd get paid) prolly be an amazing thing but not for me though.
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Jul 4, 2015 7:20 AM
N/A

Jan 2014
I would probably start to hate it more and more overtime as any other job acting as routine

Pretty much how it is with anything even though you love/enjoy it. When I watch Anime it's out of my own volition, and only I can decide what and for how long.

If that was taken away from me then I would start to hate it, yes. I wouldn't hate Anime, but probably watching it.
Jul 4, 2015 7:20 AM

Feb 2015
I'd probably get tired of it pretty quickly, depending on if I could choose what I'd be watching and how many hours a day/week. Still, getting paid for watching cartoons can't be that bad when you compare it to many other jobs.
Jul 4, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2014
I'd get tired of it once I've gone through the best ones.....kinda like now.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 4, 2015 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
I'd love my life.
Jul 4, 2015 9:19 AM

May 2015
Exowave said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
What kind of job is it?

Good question i am assuming they would force us to watch as much they want not the oposite.

In second case i think most on mal would enjoy the heck out of it.

I'm very analytical and I have a review written in the first 15 minute of a film, so I'll still enjoy it. Give me anything I could review and I'm fine.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

More topics from this board

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

25 by DreamingBeats »»
15 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 1 hour ago

6 by Soap »»
19 minutes ago

» How can you spend time with your waifu if she's in the entertainment business?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - Yesterday

40 by GoddessLove »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.