Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aoharu x Machine Gun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 19, 2015 2:40 AM

Jun 2011
I thought it was BL.
But this screams shoujo lol.

I love how the protagonist seems strong but sometimes, she's quite annoying. lol
Jul 21, 2015 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
2 mins in, this looks like it might be interesting, I like how this dude rolls..... oh wait... he is actually Fujoshi bait.... bogus misunderstanding comedic plot device..... wow that went downhill fast.......
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jul 24, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2011
Was a pretty entertaining episode, but I'm afraid of it turning into generic shit. :'o
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 1, 2015 11:45 AM

Oct 2008
watched from [Hyaku] subs...
didn't expect this to be a bit good...
this anime has many mix... shounen? shounen ai? not trap? sabagebu?
3/5.
matias067Aug 1, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 21, 2015 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
epicrevenge said:
I don't know why people are saying it is completely like Ouran... Is it because the girl is mistaken as being a boy, one of the main guys is a host and she ends up having to be a part of his group because she lost the fight? I think people are exaggerating these few similarities. They aren't that alike so far.

I think the only similarity is the guy, his club (or whatever it is) and she has to do X because she broke X. That's it, the only similarity is the cause of this**. The girl would be more similar to Mafuyu from Oresama Teacher than Haruhi from Ouran and even then, Mafuyu is waaaaaay more cheerful (at least from what I've watched in this episode, maybe this girl has some traits in common with her later or something). But I guess they think Haruhi and this girl are the same because they dress themselves "as boys", so again, I guess they don't know more manga/anime/real people with this same premise because you can see this same thing a lot in other manga (less in anime I guess) like Oresama Teacher or Power!!.

** = Which I couldn't care less because "same premises/causes" happen everywhere.

mayukachan said:
edit- Reading the comments in this thread infuriates me. I can't believe you otakus are so trans/homophobic lmao.

Sadly I'm not even surprised, I was expecting this kind of comments.

-----

About this episode... I don't know, I'm here due to the main character but I'm not sure where the plot goes (this is the first episode after all). So I'm going to watch the rest for now and see where it goes.
Aug 21, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2011
Perquisitore said:

mayukachan said:
edit- Reading the comments in this thread infuriates me. I can't believe you otakus are so trans/homophobic lmao.

Sadly I'm not even surprised, I was expecting this kind of comments.

-----

About this episode... I don't know, I'm here due to the main character but I'm not sure where the plot goes (this is the first episode after all). So I'm going to watch the rest for now and see where it goes.

well i don't know either, even in the next episodes the plot seems to keep a low profile with just one goal and the daily basis of non-existent drama,

btw, i came for the guns, stayed for the airsoft, and think to leave for the stupid fights.
Aug 22, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Not bad. Some things were totally random and unexplained, but I like the MC.
Sep 20, 2015 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my god! It's awesome, I was laughing so hard.

10/10
I guess I found a new favorite anime. Hope it's turn well <3
Sep 23, 2015 11:10 AM

Nov 2012
meh first episode. i can't really say that tachibana seems like an interesting character, and the blonde guy seems like a douche too. but well, let's see how it goes.
Sep 23, 2015 3:04 PM

Jun 2011
Extremely disappointed. This is one of the series I most look forward to when I heard of the announcement, because the cover art looks so good, but the characters and the story don't interest me at all. I've never had any interest in air-soft series. I thought if the characters are interesting, it could be good, but even that this series is void of. I would have preferred Tachibana to be a guy, I am not a fan of "real playboy x tough girl who hates him at first" trope.

Both the opening and ending are pretty good though. Hopefully this gets better later on, as my expectation now has dropped to rock bottom.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 24, 2015 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
It was an okay first episode.. that's all I can say for now. The battle was quite fun though.
Sep 29, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2008
DAMMIT ALL MAL really needs to work on better labels for shows' genres......ffs....SPORTS...not action alone..SPORTS.....there cross dressing protagonist is not even needed....I feel robbed.
Oct 13, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting start! I do wonder what kind of story this anime will provide us but well I do like the concept. Let's see what's next.
Oct 13, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
AnchientProphet2 said:
DAMMIT ALL MAL really needs to work on better labels for shows' genres......ffs....SPORTS...not action alone..SPORTS.....there cross dressing protagonist is not even needed....I feel robbed.
#butthurt

ToG25thBaam said:
Hopefully this gets better later on, as my expectation now has dropped to rock bottom.
nope, it gets worse.
Jul 27, 2016 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
So the Hotaru is actually a girl. With that out the way, I can now say...How TF is the she so OP? lol

Scumbag Hotaru just breaking people shit without a care in the world. I'm glad she has to work to pay it back.

Yoshitsugu getting messages from his cousin Masamune. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 31, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
I like military, guns and watching airsoft(I don't play it sadly)
So definitely got me interested.
but too much cliches already though. And When they had the match... I thought they would go to a more suitable area. But nope. I mean having her barge in already is outlandish. Settling it with airsoft is even more outlandish.
And doing that there with everyone interested is just telling me not to take it seriously.
But hey, I can take that if it is like Girls und panzer where the battles are at least for the most part believable enough.

But when they started the match without going to any starting point... I don't know what to say. At that point it became a stand-off than a actual airsoft game. And dodging airsoft? really?
i mean I don' mind if something hard to believe happens sprinkled here and there. But the whole fight is like that... Super speed and strength. Melee, dodging pellets. This is a pure shonen fight with guns on one hand that you never use. And if you do, it is going to be stormtrooper level accuracy.
Jun 14, 2017 8:28 PM

Nov 2010
This is my second time to watch this episode but, seeing as how I've started to collect the manga, I'm going to be watching it and comparing the episodes to the chapters. AHAHA.

This time, I'm also watching it in dub.
Monica Rial as Tachibana. I don't know how I feel about it. I know that Terri Doty has voiced a female-dressed-as-male, too. Reminded me of each other. I'm sure that I'll get used to it. BAHAHA.
Oh, man. Tachibana is so extra. Like a superhero from an anime or something.

Corey Hartzog is the actor for Matsuoka. He did pretty great. His voice reminded me of someone but I can't figure out who. He also did Quon from the Towa no Quon series so he's definitely got a great voice. It's hot. HAHA. And so is Matsuoka. Matsuoka gave me that Tamaki Suoh vibe and I kept thinking that Vic Mignogna's voice was going to sprout out.

Then we met Yukki and Christopher Patten immediately imerged. omggg. I recently met Chris. He does a great job and I'm a huge fan so I'm ready to get to know him a lot more!!``

The music is great and whenever they show the gunplay, I get super hyped. I'm ready to watch more. I didn't finish the series the first time around so here's to having another go at it!``

Episode 1 :: Vol. 1, Ch. 01 & beg. 1
Sep 19, 2017 2:11 AM

May 2013
Ooouuuuu~ the 2 main guys are cute ;D and I like animes where the girl is disguised as the opposite sex. I'm liking this :)
Oct 21, 2020 11:14 PM
Oct 2019
Meh. I didn't find it very funny and by the end of the episode I didn't like any of the characters. Initially I thought the class president would be amusing, but it turns out she was annoying, irrational, and has nonsensical levels of strength. That's dumb.

5/10. Oh well.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

188 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 26, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

98 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 5, 2023 9:39 PM

» Dresses like a boy???

Shizuma1234 - Mar 3, 2022

4 by Twins26 »»
May 20, 2022 5:42 AM

» There's no way this is a "shounen" oriented anime

JokerxHisoka - Jul 5, 2015

28 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:21 PM

» Stop talking in the 3rd person

semianonymous - Sep 6, 2015

17 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.