Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 30, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
This is a good series overall.

I like the ending, btw~

8/10

Jun 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
Does the mc get any better in the manga. I was expecting some development to his intelligence after they promise to attend college with each other.
Jun 30, 2015 12:22 PM
Nov 2013
Can someone tell me which chapter episode 12 is in the manga? I wished they would've animated the kiss at the end a in french-style, long, long, tongue on tongue kiss.
Well, it was a good ride though, had a lot of feels in these series even though it was quite rushed as a lot of people said, even though I haven't read the manga.

Then again, can someone please tell me which chapter i should begin to read after ep 12?
Jun 30, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
yilmaz19 said:
Can someone tell me which chapter episode 12 is in the manga? I wished they would've animated the kiss at the end a in french-style, long, long, tongue on tongue kiss.
Well, it was a good ride though, had a lot of feels in these series even though it was quite rushed as a lot of people said, even though I haven't read the manga.

Then again, can someone please tell me which chapter i should begin to read after ep 12?

I recommend reading right from the beginning, so many scenes were altered/removed in the anime which also means several characters missed out on some character development.

But if you just want to start from where the anime ends, chapter 91 it is.
Jun 30, 2015 11:17 PM

Jul 2011
I wish the series was 2 cour. I definitely could feel that it was rushed.

But I'm just grinning at the ending.

A straight-forward confession with no interruptions or hesitation. :)

(Unlike Yankee-kun and Megane-chan's crappy ending...)
Jul 1, 2015 2:20 AM
Jul 2011
CTOONfan1 said:
7/10, debatably a 6/10. This series did almost everything right - voice talent, tone, art, music - but they didn't have the space to properly adapt the story, which is what hurts it the most. Little time for proper character development and the rushing through plot points hindered this from being a great series, not to mention skipping some of my favorite moments in this arc.

Kyerokat said:
And I'm upset because they removed this scene from episode 11:

Agreed. Where it was good, which is in those aspects mentioned earlier and with a few episodes that were handled well, it was very good, so it gets points for that.

That Is A Really Cute Lowerclassman Takigawa Noa!
Jul 1, 2015 2:32 AM
Jul 2011
@KeitaIssei
Second Season Miraculously Appear! Iff New Characters And Their Alumni Of Suzaku High Upperclassman Ryu, Urara And Others Will Help Discover The Powers Of Four Wizards And Next Sets Of Seven New Witches.
Jul 1, 2015 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
I couldn't agree more that the anime series seems to be rushed and it felt like each episode they didnt explain probably and skipped it. Though I still enjoyed the series but I may be looking to read the manga. I give it 8/10 but I really want to give this anime a 9/10 or even 10 just a bit let down by being of my most wanted to watch list and turned it to be great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
I started reading manga before the anime and I was so excited that they're going to make anime. Well, I didn't read a lot of the chapters, but I noticed they skipped some things after just a few episodes. It was indeed rushed and you could feel it even without knowing manga. It would be a better adaptation if it had more episodes. However, I liked it. Character are enjoyable, music was nice, graphics are pretty and the story is interesting (well... you can find all of the above, except music, in the manga).
7/10 for this.
I need to pick up reading the manga again.
I like pancakes.
Jul 2, 2015 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
I try to distinguish my opinion from the manga readers, as I noticed afterwards they skipped lots of scenes and rushed everything, although you could easily tell the latter.

I wanted to watch through the whole series and then I realized they didn't even finished the airing, they were at around ep 9.

Now I watched the rest in one sitting, and I'm glad I did. To me, it was really enjoyable, the anime gave me precious moments and I give this 9 out of 10 regardless what the studio did to the manga.
Jul 2, 2015 1:36 AM

Jul 2013
Can someone please kindly explain where the anime left off from the manga or before an alternative route as I want to continue on from reading the manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2011
Lol i see much hate going on in here about how it's being rushed and all. Honestly i think it's a decent adaptation, considering the amount of budget that they have which is only enough to make it a one cour, they decided to rush it instead of leaving things hanging partway. Well i DO agree that they did skipped tons of good scenes from the manga, but they managed to get the bare minimum needed to push the story forward, the art and animation is consistent and fluidity is good, and the VAs are all being stellar with their job, shiraishi was especially shinning in glitters compared to how she was in the manga (o praise the good lord hayami saori). Can't complain more, really.

9/10 for me, enjoyable ride even though i am a manga reader. Can't blame the studio for getting shitty amount of budget for this golden piece of raw material. Now only if it'll ever get a second season, please, i beg for you guys to get enough monnies to go for a 2 cour.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 2, 2015 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
The manga is selling well from what I heard but not sure about the series. Though if a 2nd season does occur which I hope then I wish it better have a better adaptation.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jul 2, 2015 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
Still had it's entertaining moments despite the rush.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 2, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
Solid ending for an anime.

I need to pick up the manga again since I remember that there was a lot more than this. Also, it still seems to be on-going!
Jul 2, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2013
It was definitely rushed but its still good. the manga is hell alot better than the anime though. story wise and development. i cried while reading the manga but did not shed a tear in the anime. but yeh

Jul 2, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2008
Did the anime do an original ending or are the witch powers gone from the manga too after this point...?
Jul 2, 2015 11:47 PM

Apr 2014
As an anime only watcher, I have mixed feelings about this anime.
I enjoyed it but as said by many people before it was terribly rushed.
The ending was nice and sweet, yay for Yamada and shiraishi.
I think i might go and read the manga
8/10
Still gud tho
Jul 3, 2015 12:58 AM

Jan 2014
Really, really enjoyed this series apart from how everything was terribly rushed and some episodes just felt incredibly crammed. Will definitely be picking up the manga.
Jul 3, 2015 4:57 AM

Dec 2012
The finale is perfect ! Although the anime is rushed, I really enjoyed it and the relationship with Shiraishi was well exploited. Very funny :D
Jul 3, 2015 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
"I'll always remember that formless promise we've made."
Even it was rushed, literally I enjoy each episode. Still we've not know why Yamada got 'copy' power, hope it would get sequel to cover that plothole.
8/10. Dank series deserve this score.
Jul 3, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
I can't really say that the show was rushed since if I have to imagine this as a 24-episode series, it might have been too dragged on and might lose it's appeal. But it is true that they did skip quite a number of scenes from the manga which is rather disappointing.

8/10 enjoyable and refreshing, just like in the manga
Recommend me an anime
Jul 3, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
^ Yes but fitting 90 chapters into 12 episodes is not a good move considering how much scenes which has been removed.

However, I want a SEASON 2 and hope the producers can adapt as much from the manga. NEED more Nene and Urara
Jul 3, 2015 8:31 PM
May 2015
Now I see why people say odagari is best girl. She still helped Yamada regardless of her feeling towards him. She my second favorite witch. Shiraishi is still my favorite though.
Jul 3, 2015 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
I feel kinda bad for Odagari why couldn't this just have Yamada with his harem. Oh well I enjoyed the series so 8/10 :D. My fav witch was Noa and I just love Miyamura <3
Jul 3, 2015 10:58 PM

Dec 2012
10/10

Jul 4, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Finale really unexciting, certain steps were so obvious that they have reserved no thrills. Narratively I was still puzzled, certain contexts were ambiguous. Not even if the adaptation in this episode was faithful, but the rest disappointed in some way to what I've seen, the plot had a good time, but also of the crazy slips, some moments are trivial and have embellished so the story. Drawings and animations sufficient in order, beautiful soundtrack; opening and ending catchy. My vote is 6/10.
Jul 4, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Can't feel anything rushed to be honest.
8/10, Every episode is pretty much enjoyable and I'm kind of glad they ended this at this point.
Jul 4, 2015 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
Favorite series this season. Felt like TWGOK and D-frag together. Gonna check out the manga
Jul 5, 2015 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly, I'm really sad what they did with this anime. I wish they didn't rush it... Oh, well. It was nice seeing the characters animated though. I'll give this a 7/10
Jul 5, 2015 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
Though it was really rushed i really liked this series overall, the ending was put in a good way with some emotional scenes

"I wished for the witches abilities to disappear"... somehow i could see that coming from miles away but i wouldn't really say it was cliche or anything

my rating for this series 6/10
Jul 5, 2015 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, that was a nicely tied up closure. Shiraishi really is cute :3
They make a nice couple. I feel bad for the other girls though, especially Nene. She had changed because of him, but in the end, it was a bit meaningless.

That episode felt a bit rushed. So much happened, a lot of explanations and sub-plots revealed and solved in the same episode.

In overall, that serie was really fun. A story where characters aren't afraid to kiss was a real fresh breath. It annoy me when an anime won't show a kiss like it's the lewdess thing ever.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 6, 2015 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
You know it would have been possible to make a version of Lord of The Rings that was 150 minutes long. After all there is enough strong writing and memorable events to make up for the lack of character development, or the obviously hurried pace. And it's not as though you really need Gimli or Legolas or Saruman, or most of the other supporting characters. You could just focus the story on Gandalf and Frodo and Sauron, with perhaps some comic turns by Gollum (I don't think Sam plays that important part after all....)

That's what would have happened if Linden Films was in charge of Lord of the Rings...

So how to rate this little bit of exploitation (exploitation because they mined a wonderful story to produce a reasonably good anime which is almost but not quite an abridged version of the original)? I'll give it a 7/10 for it's strengths, but I'd ask you to seriously consider what it could have been. What score would it deserve if Leona had actually been given proper character development prior to the revelation that the sole reason she has shut herself away from the world for the past year has been to preserve the memory of her love for the president in her heart? What would the reaction be to Nene's sacrificing the love she could have had with Yamada by cutting a deal with the president to instead work to restore all the witches memories, even knowing that Yamada would probably choose Shiraishi, if we could see her love develop and deepen over time? How much stronger would this have been if we'd been able to understand each of the witches' pain, and how Yamada rescued them? This is an adaptation, it has to be judged in part as to whether it measures up to the original. Otherwise a studio could push cut-outs and finger puppets for the final three episodes and we would forgive them because the budget wasn't there....(Kare Kano anyone?)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 7, 2015 9:43 AM

Sep 2010
I liked this series... There were some so-so episodes in the middle... But final 2 episodes made up for it... EPIC finale...

Finale - 4.5/5
Series - 7/10
Jul 8, 2015 1:32 AM

Nov 2013
Having not read the manga, I have to say I'm very pleased with this aside from as others have said, it feeling a little rushed in places, and I don't usually comment on series.

The story was good enough despite parts being skipped, the characters were pretty interesting, though perhaps more than 1 ep with each would've been good, as it stands there was kinda 2 main witches and the rest were 1/2 episode showups.

That said the ending is solid, I like a good, clearly defined ending and thats certainly what this as. There's no feeling of them trying to drag it out for a 2nd season or 3, they just made a good, 12 episode experience that you can watch, enjoy and feel satisfied with once you reach the end.

Could it have handled 24 episodes to avoid skipping bits, I don't know enough about the manga to say, but I'm happy with it as is. Perhaps we'll see an OVA or two to fill in a few of the gaps. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I knew much about the manga based on the comments about length here in this thread though.
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
That was good, didn't feel crazily rushed if you've never read the series (or just forgotten most of it)
Jul 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
The anime ended at the point I was hoping it would end, to bad I was also hoping it would take at least 24 episodes to get there. The only good thing I can say about this adaptation are the voice actors, they did a perfect job portraying different characters after the body switch. Overall, too rushed and too much stuff cut out. Let's just hope the anime will help boost the manga sales and popularity, because at this point the chances for a proper adaptation or a continuity are pretty much non-existing.
Jul 12, 2015 11:04 PM

Oct 2013
Decent adaption of this arc's conclusion but still a chore to watch.

I loved the first half of this anime enough to check out the manga; every episode after was a huge pain. The adaption woes are real with this one, 4/10 at best and I might down-rate it later.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 13, 2015 7:49 AM
Jul 2008
Flyffel said:
I'm so tired of everyone bitching about the STUDIO. They were given 12 episodes. They had to deal with that episode count. For that, the studio handled it AMAZINGLY well.

Yes, it was rushed. It was extremely rushed. But I'm sure you can't do much better with that source material and amount of episodes.

It was obvious Witch chapter had to be reached for the ending - chapter 90, the end of the first story line. It's literally the best point to end an anime adaption of any ongoing manga I have ever seen, because everything is given very decent closure. Some less informed manga readers thought the manga was going to end there. (The author had stated a long time before chapter 90 that Yamada-kun was only in the prologue though. So chapters 1-90 were basically the prologue.)

For what it was and could have been, it was a well done adaption.

7/10

Kiev said:
Lol i see much hate going on in here about how it's being rushed and all. Honestly i think it's a decent adaptation, considering the amount of budget that they have which is only enough to make it a one cour, they decided to rush it instead of leaving things hanging partway. Well i DO agree that they did skipped tons of good scenes from the manga, but they managed to get the bare minimum needed to push the story forward, the art and animation is consistent and fluidity is good, and the VAs are all being stellar with their job, shiraishi was especially shinning in glitters compared to how she was in the manga (o praise the good lord hayami saori). Can't complain more, really.

9/10 for me, enjoyable ride even though i am a manga reader. Can't blame the studio for getting shitty amount of budget for this golden piece of raw material. Now only if it'll ever get a second season, please, i beg for you guys to get enough monnies to go for a 2 cour.

Agreed, I didn't know this manga is still ongoing. I thought the story already ended there, pretty good story and ending.

I didn't have any expectation but it's been a while since I quite enjoyed 12 episodes anime like this.

rodac said:
You know it would have been possible to make a version of Lord of The Rings that was 150 minutes long. After all there is enough strong writing and memorable events to make up for the lack of character development, or the obviously hurried pace. And it's not as though you really need Gimli or Legolas or Saruman, or most of the other supporting characters. You could just focus the story on Gandalf and Frodo and Sauron, with perhaps some comic turns by Gollum (I don't think Sam plays that important part after all....)

That's what would have happened if Linden Films was in charge of Lord of the Rings...

So how to rate this little bit of exploitation (exploitation because they mined a wonderful story to produce a reasonably good anime which is almost but not quite an abridged version of the original)? I'll give it a 7/10 for it's strengths, but I'd ask you to seriously consider what it could have been. What score would it deserve if Leona had actually been given proper character development prior to the revelation that the sole reason she has shut herself away from the world for the past year has been to preserve the memory of her love for the president in her heart? What would the reaction be to Nene's sacrificing the love she could have had with Yamada by cutting a deal with the president to instead work to restore all the witches memories, even knowing that Yamada would probably choose Shiraishi, if we could see her love develop and deepen over time? How much stronger would this have been if we'd been able to understand each of the witches' pain, and how Yamada rescued them? This is an adaptation, it has to be judged in part as to whether it measures up to the original. Otherwise a studio could push cut-outs and finger puppets for the final three episodes and we would forgive them because the budget wasn't there....(Kare Kano anyone?)

Well, you're already mentioning about forgiving them because the budget at the end of your post.

If they have budget like Lord of the Rings of course the episodes won't be this short. I think they're doing great thing to adapt the manga into 12 episodes. I'm not manga reader and I enjoyed it.

Don't forget the main purpose of making anime is to promote the original material. If more people are buying the manga, it's considered a success.
Jul 14, 2015 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but obviously rush and lots of things happened.

They made a big deal of Shiraishi not being able to switch back to his body, then the next thing you know she was able to come to her original body.

Same with the ceremony. When did they learn how to properly draw the circle for the seven witches??

It says this stops at Volume 11 in the manga, while it's still ongoing Vol 18 and up.

So i'm guessing they regained the power of Witches or it completely became a romance story instead!?!

Poor Odagiri :(

Kiss failed the last moment wha :O

I give it a 7 to 8/10. Wish it was full adaptation though.
Jul 16, 2015 12:44 PM

May 2010
This adaptation... Super-rushed but I am actually surprised how they actually managed to make a decent, entertaining show while delivering all the key points. Gotta commend them for that. But really, this could be much better as a 2-cour. It's one of my most favorite manga, too...

I wanna give it a 6 but I wanna support the studio for actually managin to fit 90 chapters in 12 episodes. I would still fight anyone for not including that Miyamura and Itou fall in love with Yamada for a day, like it could totally fit it in if this show had one more episode... Just sigh.

7/10
TragicRomanceJul 16, 2015 12:49 PM
Jul 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Dec 2014
It was okay, pretty predictable. Felt kinda rushed, especially since some characters didn't get enough screen time
Jul 23, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2014
Hope to see a 2nd season someday. I love Shiraishi ♥
Jul 24, 2015 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
Now............
Where to continue the manga from?
Jul 25, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Eventhough it was rushed, it wasn't that bad. I liked it a lot. People who want to continue from the manga, you would continue from Chapter 91 onwards. Chapter 90 was the last episode.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jul 25, 2015 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
The ending was a little bit rushed, and i understand that they skipped a lot of parts, most of all the IMPORTANT parts from the manga as my self not a manga reader. I'm happy that Yamada ended up with Shiraishi but i feel bad for Nene, i think it'd be better if it ends up with harem ending or just take everything slowly and see more developments between the characters, rushed rushed and rushed that was a bit unfortunate. This anime has a great potential but LIDENFILMS screwed it up. THANKS

Overall score 8/10,

i'm not a manga reader but after i saw a lot of you guys complaining about the shitty adaptation, i might read the manga.

So i just want to know if the Manga Worth reading? is the missing part from the adaptation will make any difference if i read the manga ? Thanks before

And who the heck is the blonde guy from another school that appeard on 3rd episode ? i checked the character list his name is Shinigawa Daichi, i mean he is so irrelevant why did they even bother making him appear on screen like that without any purposes ? i think there will be a 2nd season.
Jul 25, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
ToshiroChan said:
The ending was a little bit rushed, and i understand that they skipped a lot of parts, most of all the IMPORTANT parts from the manga as my self not a manga reader. I'm happy that Yamada ended up with Shiraishi but i feel bad for Nene, i think it'd be better if it ends up with harem ending or just take everything slowly and see more developments between the characters, rushed rushed and rushed that was a bit unfortunate. This anime has a great potential but LIDENFILMS screwed it up. THANKS

Overall score 8/10,

i'm not a manga reader but after i saw a lot of you guys complaining about the shitty adaptation, i might read the manga.

So i just want to know if the Manga Worth reading? is the missing part from the adaptation will make any difference if i read the manga ? Thanks before

And who the heck is the blonde guy from another school that appeard on 3rd episode ? i checked the character list his name is Shinigawa Daichi, i mean he is so irrelevant why did they even bother making him appear on screen like that without any purposes ? i think there will be a 2nd season.

Since you liked the anime, you will definitely love the manga. It's far better and those scenes the anime altered/removed are pretty important. It makes it easier for you to understand why some characters (like Noa) acted the way they did, I felt like the anime didn't clarify that at all. Also the stuff that happens after the manga ends has more focus on Nene and Noa with Shiraishi appearing every once in awhile but it would say second part is even better than the first part.
Jul 25, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2012
A pretty nice wrap up of the series, quite liked the overall concept and the execution together with the character and story development! Especially up to the end with the confession it sure was lovely. So all in all this sure was an enjoyable anime I must say!
Jul 26, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
A pretty nice wrap up of the series, quite liked the overall concept and the execution together with the character and story development! Especially up to the end with the confession it sure was lovely. So all in all this sure was an enjoyable anime I must say!
Yeah, the execution of the wrap-up was quite good, everything goes well. Though I'll have to admit, I will miss this as there won't be much to build upon unless they adapt more from the manga, just an enjoyable series.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.