Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
Anime excellent, really, amazing, I loved it! But to be perfect, he said a kiss with Yumiko Sakaki, I spent the whole anime waiting unfortunately did not happen, it was almost. Something left me very sad, do not know something was missing to close with a flourish or is it simply the fact that I just do not know what it is, nevertheless, loved it! Infelizemente, eventually, but there were many emotions I felt when I watch anime for all tastes!
Mar 23, 2016 7:09 AM
Jul 2013
hey, whats the person that Yuuji and Oslo talking about the "sample" of Du Pont "The Little Brother". i know its from the camp, but i cant think any girl beside Melline or it should be he not she ? i just recognize Eddie, the have same hair's colour btw
May 21, 2016 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
Badass action, awesome osts, stunning visuals and all that stuff that make this show great. And that picture of them in the end. So nice. Still better if Asako was there though :( </3
May 22, 2016 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Despite the obvious Metal Gear Solid 4 reference with the final fight...this season was ruined episode 5 and on....just another run of the mill harem in my books.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 23, 2016 2:53 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Great second season, I'm happy that I sticked with the second season... Wild ending but not surprised nonetheless minus

Wondering if the manga clarifies what happens to the friend- the one who conceived Yuuji? (Or is this before she dies in the mission)?
May 23, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
Who is the girl narrating in the end? Amane, Kazuki?
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
May 23, 2016 8:12 PM
May 2016
It's abit late but, guys, I wonder why kazuki was in her chamber placed in her ship, supposed she disfused from the thanatos? Why she was in it for?
Jun 17, 2016 7:47 AM

Mar 2012
Well took my long enough but i managed to finish this series.

I watch the Fruits of Grisaia back when it was airing and while it had a good start by the end it felt way to rushed and lot of plot holes so i gave it a 6/10 and decided not to bother with the sequals.

but after watching a few review with them praising hte seaqual being better than the first..i tought i might as well as give it a try and i have to say they were right.

This one was a lot better paced and the character and plot development was a lot better than the first season..hell i did not evenmind the harem route at the end as it was good.

so i will give the Eden of Grisaia an 8/10. This is one of those rare series that actually improve rather than fallout from the first season.
Jun 23, 2016 3:49 AM
Apr 2013
After binge watching both seasons and all the specials in about two days, the ending felt pretty satisfactory. The story closed out really well with everyone having a happy ending. (Cept for the ones that have died.)

Took the harem-ish route out didn't you, 8bit? Smart choice. Noone gets hurt. ;^)

Glad to see Yuuji succeed. He deserves it, for being such a badass MC.

The fights felt kind of rushed, but satisfactory. Those drugs really do pack a punch. HE EVEN GOT ASAKO'S SWORD BACK.

Time skip was pleasant but felt kinda interesting, not much of a presentation of what happened immediately Yuuji escaped, seemed like he was going to die due to the blast radius. How'd he get out so quickly?

Either way, 2 years have passed. AMANE IS 21 AND KAZUKI IS 20 WHILE THE REST OF THEM ARE IN THEIR MID TO LATE TENS. INTERESTING, YUUJI. YOU LUCKY MOTEHROPAIJSDPJIDAJDAS. EVERYONE HAS DARK SKIN, CEPT MICHIRU. (DOES SHE BLEACH HER SKIN TOO? ;^))

AND THEY'VE RELOCATED THE ACADEMY. AND CHIARA TOOK OVER JB'S JOB. BUT MICHIRU'S AIRHEADNESS KEEPS HER STUDYING.

ALSO, HAHHAHA. God damn it Kazuki, funny joke. EVERYDAY FOR 2 YEARS, YOU WORE THAT AS A JOKE. AND NOONE FOUND OUT. INTERESTING.

Overall, great series though. 8bit really did an amazing job overall. The story telling, art, romance, comedy, EVEN THE MUSIC AND OSTs, along with other aspects, were all done beautifully. Will be something I won't forget for a while. Thank you, 8bit.

11/10 - Gotta play the VN sometime soon, really want to see the routes and the deeper story telling.
Jul 30, 2016 3:18 PM

Mar 2016
Rob19MAL said:
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only who thought MGS 4 during this episode.

I knew Yuuji got his harem when I saw Makina.

Yuuji telling Yumiko that the harem route is the one true route.

My waifu JB continues to look so fine. Damn it, I wish she ended up next to Yuuji. I'm gonna miss you JB.

LOL DAT ENDING! I knew Kazuki didn't lose her hand. She hand in the hospital looked like it was folded. Still hilarious.

I'm so happy to see a harem ending with everything being perfect.

10/10

I think the Principal and JB are in it cause they literally have to live on the island now (JB for assisting "traitor"/fired from job and the other one is obvious); milly is the only one that gets dropped lmao.
Aug 11, 2016 9:05 AM

Mar 2015
Season 1 was much better imo :I

The fitting death of Oslo by ballpen, LOL.

Why Yuuji still survives after stabbed so deeply?

Kazuki!!! How smart are you!! What an handicap, LOL.
That made my day!!!! Well done Kazuki!!!

3.8/5

Overall: 8/10
Aug 13, 2016 9:19 PM
Aug 2015
Voltning said:
YESSS happy ending but yuuji didn't pick his girl :(

Yuuki was a bad ass and I was really afraid that he was gonna die from that stab wound... He shouldn't have made it out alive because of that bomb but at least he managed!!

Love the part where yuuji's sister took out her "prosthetic" arm xD it was a total FAKE Lmao

It hints in the previous episodes as well as later half of Ep 10 on who Yuuji actually pick. Actually, only visual novel folks understand what that hint actually was anyway XD. But this series definitely not gonna have a harem end as well as incest end (you can relax on that). His pick at the end was a surprise in the visual novel yet it was heavily hinted base on the way that girl act around Yuuji and how Yuuji puts up with her.
Aug 25, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Finally it's over, season 1 was way better than this. Though the specials of this season were the best parts of the whole franchies for me :P 3/10
Aug 29, 2016 3:47 AM

Feb 2015
like aconite said in his post, yes, big applause for 8bit. well, i know this anime was made based off vn but i never care about that from the beginning. i watched this anime cause i see harem tag in it but even with that, i was planning to watch it just cause i got interested in it just a little bit. i didn't have any big expectation for this anime.

but when i watched it. slowly, episode per episode, it's getting better and even getting more mature or darker which i really like. and that's one of the things that i like about Grisaia. the way how they handled the story, how they executed the story, it was really well made and it looked mature with the dark atmosphere in the anime. really like it a lot imo. obvious characters have a lot of effect with the "dark" element/the maturity in the story too.

tbh, from the first time i watched the first episode of the first season, i thought it was gonna be your typical harem, ecchi anime. in a crude way, it's gonna be a generic harem anime. but...actually nope. the harem tag...well yeah it's harem. just a simple harem, some girls, like a guy but they made it looked so mature in this anime which i really like.

for the story/flashback for Yuuji....it felt like i was watching hollywood movies tbh. it was just so dark.....and it looks realistic imo. that's the part why i like his backstory.

the action was unexpectedly looked great. i mean, a freaking girl was holding a barret and even shoot a tank-car with barret from a hotel/ maybe apartment ? i mean...it's a girl...well, she's not at least a little girl but still, it's a highschool girl. it was a very rare scene to see in anime tbh imo. and i wanted to see something like that and finally i can see it in anime. Well, we already got shinon in SAO but that was a game and this is real. anyway, i just like the sniping scene a lot. obvious the last battle between Yuuji and his artifical brother was awsome.

There were some twist too in this series which i didn't see it was coming and suprised me prety well. so i'm just speechless. it's a great work imo.

I enjoyed it a lot. it was a great and fun ride. the conclusion....well, i'm satified with that but somehow just a little bit nope. probably, cause i wanted to see that finally their relationship can officially be called "harem" A.K.A Polygamy xD but without seeing it, it already became one xD

9/10
Great work 8bit!!! Thanks for the show!!!
i hope you will make another great anime based on vn....
but, rewrite, unfortunately.....lol xD

and btw, this episode's ending...dat troll tho xD
sasuga kazuki XD never fails xD i seriously thought she lost a hand but at the same time i doubt it xD
YizelTroAug 29, 2016 3:52 AM
Nov 19, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2014
Well, after finishing this series, i can say that this is one of the best harem anime that i've ever watched.. While it's a harem, it actually has a legit intriguing plot that keep me on the edge of my seat.. The girls and Yuuji as a protagonist have a fair share of character developments that made me care about them.. This episode and episode 8 in particular are the best IMO..

Overall, i can say that i enjoyed this series a lot from their hilarious ecchi moments to their serious psychological aspect without any exception which made me wanted to try the VN (if i had a chance to play it)..

Ep : 5/5
Series : 8/10

PS : Kazuki never failed to amuse me and even her "prosthetic arm" still got me in the end XD XD XD
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 2, 2016 11:21 AM
Nov 2015
Hello sorry for asking that now as the show is old.
Out of curiusity I want to know what was the name of the drug thr "brothers used in their fight" if there is a drug like that.
Dec 11, 2016 4:46 AM
Jan 2013
Tlahuizcapante said:
monokuma-k said:
Loved this show, however, I hate how they left out all the sex scenes (-_- #).

That final fight was without a doubt, inspired by MGS4's final fight scene.

MGS have more feeling. Like this changed music from all parts, and Ocelot is more complicated character than a battle-maniac clone. And MGS is just perfection, while Grisaia is just "nothing-special-anime-based-from-VN-material".

not only that. The whole Thanatos system is basically the Patriots system. In metal gear solid the Boss was brain model here its Yuuji sister.
Jan 1, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
well.. I clearly don't understand the praise. Yuuji got pierced with a katana and just kept on walking? no blood, nothing at all? then the bomb exploded which meant there was no way he'd get rescued but eventually he escaped and his body wasn't even affected by the explosion.. lol how lucky is he?
also Yuuji's promise to come back to Robert's wife.. did they all forget about it? don't tell me she suddenly forgave him.

this has been utter nonsense with the exception of a few episodes about Yuuji's childhood.
demimondeJan 3, 2017 10:24 AM
Jan 16, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
this make me shock,, n cant stop laughing, nice joke
Mar 1, 2017 8:13 PM
Jul 2016
I need to play the VN ASAP! Kajitsu was good, Meikyuu (even though just one Ep) was really good and Rakuen great, my second favorite anime so far. I know it was the correct order but the story felt backwards. Sure it would for example have made the story behind Kazuki reversed in return, just a piece of the whole though so not a huge deal for me.

Another bigger issue for me with watching it in reversed order would've been that the series would have been worse as it goes as I rated Kajitsu (7), Meikyuu (8) and Rakuen (9). So in that sense I don't regret this way. But still...

I don't like when animes ends on a high note because it makes me think about it for hours/days and feel sad as it's over. I WANT MORE! But next for me will be KissxSis and that will surely put my mind off it (and on something else) 😎
HilariumosisJun 5, 2017 6:51 PM
Apr 2, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2016
couldn't asked for a better ending I really enjoyed it even after rewatching the whole series 10/10
Apr 2, 2017 10:38 PM
Mar 2017
So is this the end? I really hope there is more.
Jun 2, 2017 2:08 AM
Mar 2017
1.) Did he really do it with makina too in the VN?! Seeing how they´ve got this papa-daughter shtick going on?

2.) Am I seriously the only one who still doesn´t trust Kasuki one bit. I mean she´s partly responsible for his f*cked up childhood - not because of her talent but her latent jealousy and manipulating him in this weird incestual relationship. Although I think Yuuji saw through her to some extent since he once stated "I had food, I was sheltered from the weather. Children can´t survive on their own.". I know he said it when he was with Oslo but I think it applies to Kasuki too since his parents didn´t care. But I still don´t get what her angle on the whole thing is and it bugs me.

I have zero information on the LN except what´s written in this post about its ending.
Jun 7, 2017 11:52 AM
Oct 2012
Okay, I have some questions.

1: How did he survive the explosion?
2: Where did he go to heal after the explosion?
3: Why has nobody but him aged in two years?
4: How has his sister been wearing that toy for two years?
5: What happened with the journalist's daughter wanting to kill him?
Nov 18, 2017 12:35 PM

Oct 2013
Finally Yuuji made his own Harem Kingdom official, i was expecting more of the fight scene between Yuuji and his clone but it was great nonetheless. Oslo got stabbed by a friggin' ballpoint, i know his plan will backfire him eventually, i mean who would spare a guy that molested you as a kid so glad Yuuji killed him.

Harem ending equals happy ending ? i don't know, would be nice if he picked one of them as the main bitch, as for my self i'd choose Amane cuz redhead is love, redhead is life. Kazuki's sense of humour is beyond comprehension wearing weird looking prosthetic mecha arm, who would've thought she's such a troll.

Overall score 8/10, looking forward for the next season
Dec 6, 2017 9:10 AM
May 2012
A true harem ending. Maybe I'll check out the VN someday.
Apr 26, 2018 5:46 AM
Feb 2018
An anime with a little bit of everything. It has slice of life, comedy, action, ecchi, drama, likable characters and most importantly it has a badass mc.

Plus that last part with the face prosthetic arm made me LOL so much. I had to pause and laugh and facepalm myself for a minute there.
Sep 12, 2018 12:08 PM

May 2015
Way better then s1. Solid 7/10.

Fake hook ftw. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 22, 2018 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
Like many video game anime, this one didn't have the charm that manga adaptations have.
Nov 12, 2018 7:59 PM
Mar 2017
Anybody , where can I find the background musics for this episode? specially the one used right before yuuji pushed the drug box away.
Nov 15, 2018 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
after trying to finish this series for years due to business and laziness i can say it was worth

i wish it was more than 10 eps. 10 eps usually mean its half- ass rushed. I havent played the VN and plan too on stream one day but it was good
So what does that embryo mean at the end of the opening?
Feb 18, 2019 3:07 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good ending, I'm kind of mad they had a two year timeskip but yet didn't change the design of the characters at all but whatever lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 26, 2019 8:01 AM

Nov 2016
Nice happy ending, but I thought it went a bit too fast towards the end.

Anyways, enjoyable season overall.

And haha, Kazuki casually taking the prosthetic arm off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2019 12:13 PM
Nov 2017

I giggled at this scene
Oct 20, 2019 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
So of course it makes no sense, how he survived the explosion on the ship is not explained, no doubt because there is no logical explanation. Of course given the nature of this show it ends as a harem, I'm not surprised but am disappointed all the same. Overall the brain definitely needs to be turned off to enjoy this but I will say that is certainly an improvement over that garbage 1st season. Don't ever need to see this again though.

6/10
Oct 29, 2019 10:21 AM
Mar 2017
can anybody give me the source to the background music just before yuuji and his clone fights? when yuuji's sister explains what rakuen is?
Sep 6, 2020 4:56 AM
Jul 2019
With an anime that is dark and messed up in all places, we sure did get a happy ending.

Glad nobody died, especially Kazuki, I was holding on to that, praying that nothing goes wrong. I did want Yuuji to die a little just so we can get a bruh moment. Imagine.

Fight was awesome btw, pretty smooth. Dodging the gun and pointing it right back was the best part.

That gag at the end though. Why put that there? Didn't expect that. Gave a me a good laugh. Probably one of the most satisfying endings. Good job Kazuki.

I did wish they show what happened to Yuuji after the fight and how he got to the island.

8/10. Definitely better than season 1. Might read the VN for a full experience later.
Mar 11, 2021 6:01 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok that prosthetic hand thing at the end was kind of funny. Also like how some of them got kind of tan, attention to detail.

So yeah, kind of a weird anime. I feel like the studio adapted these parts better than the last season though, and I think people were more pleased with how this season turned out. Still, while the loli harem is a nice twist on things, I still would have liked for it to maintain a stronger tone in a sense of it being more dark and gritty like ruuji's backstory. But then when we bring back the harem and go on the rescue op, it just all feels different because it is. At one point it seems like you're watching psycho pass and then the next minute you're watching to love ru.

Whatever, I don't really care, I literally just watched the first season because I saw a clip on youtube or instagram or somewhere of this ultra chad thot slayer boss mc and that immediately reeled me in. Finished fruit of grisaia and I was like wtf was that. While this season mostly fixed all my questions on what this was about, I still think it's a pretty strange anime. Quick but good ending though, just can't say I overall enjoyed this series. Better than the first season, however.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2021 12:33 PM

Apr 2020
8/10 better than S1
That prosthetic arm tho lol
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Aug 2014
There were some nice surprises like that arm at the end or that clone of Yuuji and I thought that he really will die there. Maybe he dies in game? I wonder if I didn't make mistake and not play the game instead, but unfortunately I don't have time so watching was faster :(
It was good show, but I kinda expected much more of it. Unfortunately not a 10/10 :/ only 8/10
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 14, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2021
All i can say is the season 2 is much better and a masterpiece but the season 1 is very good too
Feb 2, 2022 11:57 PM
Aug 2020
after like 2 years of putting it off i finally finished this series. pretty good ngl
Jul 20, 2022 10:52 PM

Nov 2010
That was a nice looking fight! BTW, aren't there any side effects for taking that much boosters?

As expected. Harem route is the best route! It's every man's dream; to have their own island paradise surrounded by pretty girls.

Damn, I didn't expect that twist from Kazuki. lol

Overall a very good season. I needed to constantly suspend disbelief to enjoy. 8/10
Mar 9, 2023 2:14 AM
Apr 2021
Very good, I have to say the ending was kinda sad for me!
Mar 23, 2023 12:31 PM
Oct 2017
rewatched the series for the 3rd time and absolutely loved it still
Jun 17, 2023 11:07 PM

Dec 2022
No idea how Yuuji survived all that. But, can't let yourself die with harem island waiting in the wings.

The Rakuen anime is definitely better than the Kajitsu anime. Rakuen being a shorter kinetic novel (aside from the ending) meant it translated more gracefully into an anime format.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 19, 2023 10:09 AM
Aug 2022
Finally..... They can smile.. again..
Sep 17, 2023 8:00 AM

Sep 2017
Finally a good ol happy ending

Lol Michiru gettin wasted for moving on Yuuji.

Yumiko still cant get the kiss with Yuuji at the end lol. Also Michiru is between her and Yuuji. Even the sister was able to be with Yuuji in the photo.

Awesome end.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 17, 2023 8:02 AM

Sep 2017
Also damn prosthetic arm. Kazuki was still sexy

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 30, 2023 9:57 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Wow, this season was way better than the first one! I'm glad i watched it all!
7/10 GOOD ANIME !
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

161 by youngtrae96 »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:17 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

110 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:21 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

75 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

103 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

119 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.