Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 14, 2015 2:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Plain_Otaku said:
I cried when Kuroko cried , who else?

Yes, I did too. It's been on the back of Kuroko's mind this whole, his regret for what his team did to Ogiwara. He felt responsible for Ogiwara "quitting" basketball. But having Ogiwara come to the game and cheering for Kuroko, and showing that he actually hasn't quit, it was quite emotional to see Kuroko cry, this time, due to happiness. I really like the way Kuroko's expression was drawn. My eyes also got watery when Aomine cried, realizing that Kuroko was the one standing in front of the gate this whole time, and like ShiroAki1997 said, realizing what he had abandoned. This was a great episode in that Kuroko's basketball, his values and principles, has finally reached the Generation of Miracles. They now understand the meaning of teamwork and the potential they can reach through it. It's also good for Kagami's character development, as he truly embraced the idea of working as a team, and that's how he managed to get into the "True" Zone.

Also, that animation. The "space"-like court was amazing and perfect to show the state Seirin was in. I'm glad they saved budget for this episode, I kept rewatching the latter half over and over again, can't get enough. Praise Production IG!
Sep 19, 2015 12:55 PM
Sep 2015
Please someone tell me the name of the inspirational song in the middle of the episode!!!!!! I need to know I beg someone!!!
Nov 13, 2015 6:02 AM
Nov 2015
can anyone please tell me what is the name of the ost that was played at the end of episode 23 of season 3 when it reached 20:20 of its duration and replayed in the next episode at the begining at 02:07 ? I looked everywhere for the answer online and still cannot find the ost, can someone please help me with this?
Dec 18, 2015 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
so the True Zone basically mean what basketball really is.. team coordination. There's no I in TEAM. So cliche yet so awesome. This episode is awesome. The animation, the colors, the lights damn it's all so awesome.

But I really really really wanna see Kuroko in his own zone though.
Jan 2, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
All those lights though. It's like Dragon Ball Z.
Jan 3, 2016 5:06 AM
Nov 2013
SovereignSky said:
Told you guys Akashi's pass (it makes them go into the zone) was BS. Kagami goes into Direct Drive Zone (which honestly makes sense)

I'm Seirin fan, but Direct Drive Zone was even more BS than Akashi's+Rakuzan zone.
Jan 8, 2016 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
EPIC!
And Aomine crying... damn!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jan 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2016
Why is Yami Akashi weaker than Normal Akashi when he was the one that could beat Murasakibara?
Mar 10, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Kuroko crying because of how much he appreciated the people cheering him on including his old pal and the other Generation of Miracles excluding Murasakibara. Aomione cried too! Awwww <3

So all the Uncrowned Kings can also sort of go in the zone or something similar when Akashi starts passing well to them, cool. It kinda was odd that he seemed stronger when he went back to normal though :/

But two can play at that since everyone on Seirin started playing amazingly and Kagami did an epic dunk!

But Akashi at the end D:
Mar 22, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
True Zone was so nicely animated. Seirin controlling almost the whole episode and then Akashi stops it all at the very end to put Rakuzan up by 7 with a little more than 40 seconds left. That guy is too cool haha.

One more episode to go. We already know there won't be an OT, so how the hell is Seirin planning to score 8 points in a little over 40 seconds o__o;
AndoMar 23, 2016 3:47 PM
Jul 6, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2013
my fav episode <3

can't stop rewatch this eps again and again <33
made by bunnyama
Jul 8, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
Safe to say I've had enough of this series. This is my introduction to the sports genre, and it started off really strong. The first season had a group of really strong players, and we followed the unknown underdog. The action was great, and it did a bit of explaining to those who don't understand basketball.

And then we move onto season 2. And then we move on to season 3. I powered through all three seasons in about a week, and two things became painfully obvious - this series is extremely repetitive and follows a cliche shounen story. Over and over again the main character pulls a new move out of his ass (as do the other characters) when it is convenient for the plot. I can't tell you how many times we have a scene of Kuroko and his team on the bench in despair and Kuroko suddenly says "I have an idea.", or "Let me do it.", where "it" is some new super move like I previously mentioned. The show feels super preachy by the end as well, and the series felt padded at times with this preachiness. The power of friendship and teammates trumps all! I've heard it before, so many times.

It actually got to the point where I was praying Seiren would lose just to break out of the predicable route the show was taking. Inevitably Seiren would be behind (or fall behind), then they would pull ahead and win the game by 1 point. It just got stale. As far as I'm concerned the series stops here for me, and I am satisfied with that.
Aug 9, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
What the fuck is this bullshit lmao worst game in the whole series.
Sep 15, 2016 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
OMG I'm getting so excited by this battle!!!! At this point I don't even bother trying to rationalise the zone or Akashi activating his team mates' (almost zone) or Kagami's true zone play lol I'm just gonna enjoy it as it is (being shounen) XD If I want "realistic" sports (anime) I wouldn't be watching one of the shounen genre lol so I'm enjoying this for the sheer excitement of it XD

The animation and the soundtrack accompanying the different moods are well done!!!

Aww Aomine cried after realising the key to open the 2nd door. I really like his friendship with Kuroko~

Im so glad the old Akashi is back. He seems more threatening (as a player) than the other Akashi. He really brings the team play to a whole new level. Thinking about the Rakuzan team from here onwards led by this Akashi, I think they're going to be even more invincible and scary as a team. Playing against Rakuzan henceforth is going to be many more times tougher.

This (old) Akashi is HAWT XD
blue-ySep 15, 2016 9:37 AM
Nov 1, 2016 7:09 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AMAZING EPISODE !!! THAT IS TRUE ZONE I'M IN TEARS !!!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 10, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2009
I felt like I was watching Dragonball Z.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2017 1:15 AM

May 2013
LOL OH MY GOSH. I was half joking last time when I said plot twist, Mystery Man = Kuroko, but I was right! Hahhahaha XD

Awwweeee, Ao-kun ;A; when he cried bc he threw away Kuroko which was who he needed most to open the 2nd gate :'( so sad

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN, SEIRIN D;
Oct 22, 2018 10:36 PM

Feb 2015
the entire episode is a zone orgy, lol. the only thing that impressed me is that kuroko was guarding the door. that's about it. aomine, as much as i liked his friendship with kuroko more than with kagami, was overreacting when he cried. kuroko i understand since he felt chipped at the soul for what his team did to his friend. but aomine? the attempt at manly tears flopped hard and ended up cringe.

i'm not even sure which was more halfassed, the reason for akashi to apply copied zones to his teamates, or the near silence on how seirin works together.

i knew that zone would have to get screwed over sometime but i had no idea it would be this terrible. it's all over the place.
-no matter how hard your penis is for KnB, you KNOW kagami was in zone WAY TOO LONG even if the time we estimate is off.
-akashi being in the zone for 2 seconds and he's OP and getting back into it....and it does next to nothing for the team
-i'm in zone, you're in zone, everyone's in zone!
-zone 2 really is useless once you think about it because they had already stopped akashi when he was in zone and they weren't
-ofc zone rules are chopped down, contradicted and burned to hell

now it's not even the power of friendship, it's the power of people who want you to win. this anime did a great job of taking itself seriously and but not too seriously. it stuck to its rules and the fairness of both players. and as much as i hated watching kise lose, he deserved to both times. but all those rules we stayed for, for over 50 episodes evaporate with this arc. the whole reason why the zone orgy had to happen is BECAUSE akashi and co. really are stronger and more experienced than seirin. it's just facts. seirin could beat them 5 more times, i will never believe that they are legit capable of beating them on the first try. it's at the point that i completely agreed with akashi's last words before the ep ended.
Sep 19, 2020 2:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Finally seeing the true zone, what a glorious sight. Imaging the Generation of Miracles realized what they could achieve if they kept playing as a team.
Oct 14, 2020 2:18 AM

Dec 2007
damn it, what an episode, probably the best in the season.

i like akashi much more now, though the whole rakuzan team to have the zone, even though it isn't the real one, was bit force to only push seirin back.

the "real" zone is amazing, an amazing animations, and for once truly power up, basketball after all is about teamplay.

hope there would be also new kuroko play, but i shouldn't hope too much...
May 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
This game is nuts, it's one thing after another.

Akashi's passes that put Rakuzan in a Zone like state was already insane, but Direct Drive Zone is the real shit. Kuroko's way of playing, amazing how everything came together. My favorite display of power of frienship.

Ogiwara pulling up was great emotional pay-off on top. Hanamiya when everyone was cheering, tho xD Murasakibara's reaction was the most relatable. No way I would've shouted with everyone else.

Seiring almost closed the huge gap if not for Akashi. Only one episode left, these episodes are flying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2021 2:48 AM

Jun 2020
Aomine Daiki saved KnB.

Rakuzan entering the “not the real” Zone was the last straw for me.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 20, 2021 4:08 AM

May 2017
This really is the Dragonball Z of Sports Anime and I freakin love it. The Animation of True Zone was so clean like holy hell!
Nov 18, 2022 7:22 AM

May 2020
Wondering what was the budget for this episode xD

Though putting the budget thing aside, we, the watchers, got ZON(E)IFIED this episode. From team zone to the direct drive zone, episode had everything. And those few minutes with the whole of Seirin in direct drive zone was the best animated thing we had in this series, no doubts.

People cheering for Seirin, followed by that comeback and then Aomine realizing the trick behind the "true" zone... best moments of this season. Though Rakuzan still leading, and Akashi's just not ready to throw in the towel. One more episode.
Mar 31, 2023 8:21 AM
Jan 2021
SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Jul 6, 2023 10:44 AM
Jan 2019
trash show never watch this omgggg
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Jun 2023
Gaaaahhhhhh i got goosebumps.. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2015

155 by Kenel »»
Apr 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

91 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

136 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

141 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.