Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 19, 2015 6:14 AM

Apr 2008
BladeintheDark said:
Issei all you need to do is FREAKING CALL RIAS BY HER NAME INSTEAD OF PRESIDENT!!!!! FUUUUUU------------

It's not supposed to happen now
Jun 19, 2015 6:46 AM

Mar 2014
Darklight0303 said:
BladeintheDark said:
Issei all you need to do is FREAKING CALL RIAS BY HER NAME INSTEAD OF PRESIDENT!!!!! FUUUUUU------------

But isn't majority of this season technically "not supposed to happen now"?
Jun 19, 2015 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
ziggy_Z said:
Darklight0303 said:

And so was some stuff in the first two seasons.

Sona and her peerage should've appeared only in season 2, since they were introduced in volume 3. And Azazel was introduced in the volume 3 arc while he only appeared in volume 4 of the LN.

Curiously, in episode 1 of BorN, they did a scene that was missing from NEW, that whole conversation with Kiryuu about Ise's dick size originally happened in volume 3.

If they solve the whole name thing tomorrow, I hope it's because they decided this is the last season, then I can understand wanting to give some actual closure to the story. If it's not and they want to make a season 4, then they better save thatfor the v10 arc.
removed-userJun 19, 2015 9:02 AM
Jun 19, 2015 3:25 PM
Feb 2012
It's been almost two years since I read the novels, meaning my memory's a bit hazy here and there, resulting in me forgetting a lot of stuff but at the same being surprised by all the new events.
This development though, and in the franchise's third season to boot, came completely out of left field and left me utterly disappointed by the people in charge of this mess.

What does that mean though? That it's highly unlikely we'll get to see a fourth season or that there are any plans in the first place. The sad thing is that instead of going out with a boom they opted for going out with a blergh.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 19, 2015 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
AverageFanboy said:
ziggy_Z said:

And so was some stuff in the first two seasons.

Sona and her peerage should've appeared only in season 2, since they were introduced in volume 3. And Azazel was introduced in the volume 3 arc while he only appeared in volume 4 of the LN.

Curiously, in episode 1 of BorN, they did a scene that was missing from NEW, that whole conversation with Kiryuu about Ise's dick size originally happened in volume 3.

If they solve the whole name thing tomorrow, I hope it's because they decided this is the last season, then I can understand wanting to give some actual closure to the story. If it's not and they want to make a season 4, then they better save thatfor the v10 arc.

Thanks for clearing some stuff up.
Jun 21, 2015 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
Sad to see the adaptation changed like this...
Jun 21, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Well, that was weird. Fighting in space and shit. I can't understand : sometime they are walking and sometime they were flying, I'm so confused...

Anyway, that episode was kinda funny, in a bad way :/
Everyone was acting so weird, just flying around and defending themself. The fact that Rias suddenly as a dragon armor. What is going on?! I often have difficulties what's going on in DxD, but it has reached a new peak.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 21, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
OK episode, felt a bit forced maybe... Definitely not as good as these last few eps have been.

Let's see what the finale has got in store for us!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2015 10:02 PM

Dec 2013
I just watched it and I'm just sitting here shaking my head wondering why did they add this shit when it wasn't needed? I mean I cn only guess they decided to stray from the original works in order to give the LN readers something unexpected I guess? I'm not happy with this season at all I really was looking forward to the Saji Vs. Issei fight too. So much disappoint.
Jun 26, 2015 11:50 AM

May 2012
Great episode, really wonder how they'll end it off in the next and last episode!
Jun 29, 2015 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Not a terrible episode for the anime only watchers, but quite a departure from canon. We'll find out from the final episode if they've totally screwed up the continuity for sequels, or if the plotline can move back towards the original. The question is, can they resolve this without ruining any of the big events that are scheduled for future arcs. Although I'm still working on volumes 8 & 9, I don't think things are totally ruined yet, so I have hopes...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 30, 2015 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
Rias has an armor?
Jul 12, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2010
I like the armor, but I get the feeling we won't see it again after this season. I find it a bit odd Loki was able to pull it out of his ass like that. He didn't have a whole lot of time to put this together before the hammer came down.
Jul 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2013
freaking Loki and his stupid curse.. anyway I still don't fully understand that curse. How did he make Rias act like that and transform into that.. balance breaker thing?
Jul 18, 2015 10:12 AM

Mar 2015
I usually learn a couple of japanese words every time I watch a new anime, H DxD has taught me bujou.
Jul 18, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
tqran said:
I usually learn a couple of japanese words every time I watch a new anime, H DxD has taught me bujou.

Don't you mean Bucchou?
Jul 19, 2015 2:17 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah I think so, I wasnt sure how to spell it
Jul 26, 2015 7:09 AM
Jul 2015
Okay episode. They are trying too hard to be dramatic, don't understand why Issei doesn't want to fight Rias. I mean, she's under control by some other entity.

Also, why didn't they all just gang on Rias? Instead, they all have to do some emotional speech crap for 5 minutes, which didn't even work. Seems self explanatory :

Rias is mind controlled? Knock her out, get her out of the dimensional gap and then find a solution to the problem. Good game.
Jul 26, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2014
So I just finished this episode, and before I started writing this I was already rampaging on my friend as to what in the serious hell just happened in this arc. I scrolled back to the Light Novel version of this and skimmed through the fight with Loki when as I was scrolling I saw Vali's name and Tannin's name. It's been almost a year since I read all the translated Light Novel's of this series, but I'm honestly disappointed on how much they messed this up.

First of all, the fight with Loki was wrong, as I mentioned before. Apparently, during the fight with Loki, Vali and Tanning were there helping out, but in the anime we saw Sona, Tsubaki, Saji and Rias' peerage.

Second, honestly guys, where in the serious hell did Rias get that BB armor ._. That's so far off from what happened in the LN and it's just surprising and baffling to me.

Neither the less, I hope they could fix it to actually continue on what the actual arcs were all about, because for the people who didn't read the light novel, I'll just tell you this. There is a lot more coming in the next few volumes. I honestly had so much fun reading them.
Sep 11, 2015 9:13 AM
May 2012
Why did they do this when season 1 and 2 are successful.
Oh well, let's see how this will go.
Nov 1, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
Loki still doing shit behind cell.

Dec 13, 2015 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
That developed into a delicate issue. Issei is forced to fight against Rias. Fuck Loki, he's doing so much things even that he's in his cell.

So one episode left and sooo mich things are left open. Can't really see how they want to explain and answer this in the final episode. Curious how they will end season 3.

Jan 11, 2016 2:20 AM

Sep 2014
What the.. So they completely changed the end sequence of this arc? That is some major tweaking right there. And also, not a fan of how they did it.
I wonder why though..

Well last EP left and don't know what to expect :/
Jan 11, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
So Rias vs Issei, obviously Issei will take Rias back but should be an interesting fight.
Feb 29, 2016 6:28 PM

May 2014
Kuroka is sooo hottt :>
Rias with armor huh?
Jun 24, 2016 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
Well, I was going to say something regarding the episode, but due to folks saying what they said about the change, there's no point now. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 16, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
I'm not a novel reader, but this episode really didn't feel like DxD anymore. No oppai and much drama, meh...
Feb 4, 2017 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
Huh, now it's Issei's turn. Welp now the dimensions broken and everyone is falling to darkness...
May 1, 2018 5:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All will be resolved in the last episode!!! Well, All not, just this curse over the young kids, because the general plot will need another season!!!
I hope that Issei saves Rias, a pretty Rias with this new armour!!!!

May 1, 2018 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
Ranxomare said:
All will be resolved in the last episode!!! Well, All not, just this curse over the young kids, because the general plot will need another season!!!
I hope that Issei saves Rias, a pretty Rias with this new armour!!!!

This plot is not canon
May 1, 2018 8:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
@Darklight0303 Thanks for the advice! After I watched the 12 I discovered that the new season started with an episode when an alternative version of this last 4 episodes!!!!
Apr 30, 2020 7:56 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm I liked rias new form, I wonder if she will be able to transform again after she snaps out of her period? Rias needs a good ol rape to make her come back to normal.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 11, 2021 1:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah there it is, the chronicles of narnia theme rip off LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 13, 2021 9:21 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, Issei is such a jerk off. If he wasn't such a PUSSY and actually told her how he felt and didn't fuck around with all the other girls in front of her then the doubt that fucked her up wouldn't be there, and he wouldn't have to fight her in the first place. I know the "rules" of a Harem protagonist for some reason state they have to be indecisive clueless moron CS'ers, but it'd be nice if be actually grew as a person. Also they are in a dimension portal that could easily kill them all, and he's just standing around not turning into the dragon ugh..
Jan 24, 2023 9:38 AM

Aug 2020
I never thought I'd actually get invested in this series. Originally I was just curious about it, and then it turned into something to have on while I multitasked on other things, and now while the plot is slightly confusing as I haven't had 100% of my attention on the story, I feel like we actually get to see Issei as a person. I know, harem and pervy dude, but we know it's more than that, we watched him get so angry about Asia being captured and now he's doing anything to get Rias back. It's almost... heartwarming. Never thought I'd use that word when referring to Issei....

Jun 24, 2023 9:22 AM
May 2017
Underwhelming fights again with failure of drama.
Sep 20, 2023 9:06 PM

Dec 2022
Strange. Feel like this episode jumped the shark, fighting in a different dimension with a possessed Rias who can now use Issei's Scale Mail. Also, where did the Issei clone disappear to? Why didn't he show up to fight the real Issei with Rias?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

342 by III-D4rKY-III »»
May 8, 4:15 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.