Forum Settings
Forums

Can you please fix this title(It's a rather major error)

New
Jun 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
The English title for Qin Shiming Yue Zhi: Bai Bu Fei Jian is incurrect, but ironically if you type in the correct English title, "The Legend of Qin", it still finds the anime in the list. However that would mean yo would #1 already need to know the anime exists, and #2, know the original Chinese title, to know that ah, this is the Legend of Qin in the first place.

It took me a bunch of jumping through loops trying to dig up the real English title, because a lot of the famous literary works even in china its self, are more recognized by the Chinese, by the English title(It's the whole practice, proper nouns are written in English practice, as it makes life easier, the Japanese should understand that atleast, since they them selves do the same thing as well).

Well anyway can you please remove all the incorrect English titles from the Qin Shiming Yue Zhi: Bai Bu Fei Jian, plus all related anime, and put the proper English title in there?
Jun 12, 2015 2:14 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
Were these Qin Shiming Yue Zhi series licensed in English or do they have official English title used by creators?
Because if not, they shouldn't have English title field in the first place.
AkarinJun 12, 2015 2:23 PM
Jun 12, 2015 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
Akarin said:
Were these Qin Shiming Yue Zhi series licensed in English? Because if not, they shouldn't have English title field in the first place.

Well considering everything basically has a English title, and the franchise's accepted title has been The Legend of Qin, before the anime was ever even in the works, I'm gonna have to say yes. Even novels that never get translated into English sigh(I really wish they would start translating their novels, atleast their famous stuff anyway), get English titles as well(athough the novel English title, and Live Action adaptation English title, are not always the same, they always get a English title), so I'm gonna have to say yes to that.
Jun 12, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
EratiK said:
I think you misunderstood, Qin's Moon is volontarily used in English to differenciate the cartoon from the original story "the legend of Qin". Same reason why the channel Syfy is written as such and not sci-fi.

And while we're at it "the legend of Qin" is faulty too, since the original Chinese means "the bright moon of Qin Era", so I'm not sure on what grounds you stand.

Here's a link to en entry btw:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9806/Qin_Shiming_Yue_Zhi:_Bai_Bu_Fei_Jian

Ah ok, so It's not a case of bad Japanese translation, turn into a bad English translation? It's just a communit thing trying to make it recognized as the anime, instead of needing to state every time you mention it, you're talking about the anime.

Oh ok sorry my bad then, in that case it shouldn't be removed then, but even so can you add the traditional English title in there as well?
Jun 12, 2015 2:40 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
Zoltor said:
Well considering everything basically has a English title, and the franchise's accepted title has been The Legend of Qin, before the anime was ever even in the works.

That's not an answer to my question. It doesn't matter how people call some series, following Anime DB Guidelines:
Only official English titles in the English title field (i.e. licensed titles from Funimation etc. or official English titles used by the Japanese creators).

So I'm going to repeat my question, were they licensed or do they have the official English title used by creators?

You can ask the mods to add "The Legend of Qin" to synonyms, so these series would come up in search by that title.
Jun 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
Akarin said:
Zoltor said:
Well considering everything basically has a English title, and the franchise's accepted title has been The Legend of Qin, before the anime was ever even in the works.

That's not an answer to my question. It doesn't matter how people call some series, following Anime DB Guidelines:
Only official English titles in the English title field (i.e. licensed titles from Funimation etc. or official English titles used by the Japanese creators).

So I'm going to repeat my question, were they licensed or do they have the official English title used by creators?

You can ask the mods to add "The Legend of Qin" to synonyms, so these series would come up in search by that title.

I'm gonna bust my but to look(10 bucks says the dvd box for this has both the English, and Chinese names, although the chine name would be using the Chinese alphabet ofcourse).

However would that even matter, since it has been admitted that a fake English title, is listed as a English title?

Also searching The Legend of Qin, does bring up the series, but unless you know the Chinese name in English or the made up name, It's gonna be a little bit of a pain to figure out, that yea, this title is suppose the be The Legend of Qin, since in the list of English titles for such, that's not listed.
Jun 12, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
Akarin said:
Zoltor said:

On the "actual video" Qinsmoon is a lic for the anime, however I need to do more research to figure out if the anime was double English licenced.

I don't know how many people on here watch live action Chinese shows/movies, but nealy all the time they lic 2 completely different English title, yet only one of the titles is listed in the video(note the video, and this dvd box, will use one title), while the DvD label its' self, has the other title, It's a really weird practice, but It's been going on forever(even before DvDs, Bruce Lee's Fists of Fury=enough said lol)
Jun 12, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Moved
Jun 12, 2015 7:25 PM

Sep 2014
Akarin said:
Zoltor said:

Ok I found it, just like I suspected, they lic both
qinsmoon, and The Legend of Qin for the anime franchise as well.

Here's the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZWkhpsrWc At the end of the Trailer, there's a huge title screen, that officially calls it "The Legend of Qin"

Edit: actually the title screen gets shown at 1m or so in, not the very end.
ZoltorJun 12, 2015 9:36 PM

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8687 by vlexz »»
10 minutes ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Apr 24, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.