Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « First ... « 90 91 [92] 93 94 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2014 7:18 AM
Jul 2014
Hello, there is a problem with MALU and twitter auth since the new update

It was working properly until yesterday and now it doesn't authenticate twitter. Tried to do everything all over again even re-installed, it doesn't give a tab to allow access to MAL app for twitter or give the a PIN pop up or anything.
Jul 27, 2014 7:21 AM
Jul 2014
PheNoMQ said:
Hello, there is a problem with MALU and twitter auth since the new update

It was working properly until yesterday and now it doesn't authenticate twitter. Tried to do everything all over again even re-installed, it doesn't give a tab to allow access to MAL app for twitter or give the a PIN pop up or anything.

Also tried to manually paste the authentication link from clipboard it didn't work.
Jul 27, 2014 8:13 AM
Feb 2011
Kotori said:
Can you try this:

close malu
download http://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/openssl-1.0.1g-win32.zip
extract libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll into malu folder (overwrite existing ones)

try now

Thank you! Twiiter-update works now!
Jul 27, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2007
Max-san said:
Kotori said:
Can you try this:

close malu
download http://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/openssl-1.0.1g-win32.zip
extract libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll into malu folder (overwrite existing ones)

try now

Thank you! Twiiter-update works now!

I will have to keep including the new DLLs in future updates though :( whole point of this update was to include latest safer OpenSSL libraries; I've no idea why it doesn't work for some.
Jul 27, 2014 11:57 AM
May 2013
Hi, I have a problem MALUs new update.

Every time I try to open it, a pop up window asks me to update it. And after the update, when I open MALU, it asks me, yet again, to update it, and so on, no matter how many times I do it.

I have win7 and norton antivirus, though I've already tried updating it with the antivirus disabled, and it still doesn't works.
Jul 27, 2014 12:40 PM

Feb 2010
Kotori said:
Tsurumi said:

I've done that already. Nothing's changed, unfortunately.

What player do you use?

KMPllayer
Jul 27, 2014 2:36 PM
Sep 2007
Kotori,

Thank you for the quick and timely support I extracted the files and now everything works. I was able to re authenticate my Twitter account.

Thanks again for the great application!
Jul 27, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
Kotori said:
leea said:
I also have some issues after the new update. After I start MALU, I immediately have the "login failed" message (more precisely the "Service Failed (bad serve response)" message). The re-install of the older version solved the problem till now, but from today on a window pops up with two options: either I have to update or I have to close the program. There's a countdown too, so if I don't do anything, after some time the update starts automatically. And after the update the same error message pops up again... (I have Windows 7.) Is there some way to fix this problem?

Do you use Avira or Norton?

I use avast! as antivirus, but thanks for the hint, I found the problem. Actually my firewall had also an update and after that it blocked the MALU program. Thanks a lot! :)
leeaJul 27, 2014 4:46 PM
"Kono sekai ni guuzen wa nai, aru wa hitsuzen." "Hane ga nai... naze?"
"...boku to onaji chi wo kurau bakemono ni natte? Nagai nagai toki wo boku to ikiru?"

Jul 28, 2014 2:23 AM
Jul 2012
Hello everyone.

Sorry to bug you all, but has there ever been a fix with the following error?

Jul 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2012
Sylar7112 said:
Hi, I have a problem MALUs new update.

Every time I try to open it, a pop up window asks me to update it. And after the update, when I open MALU, it asks me, yet again, to update it, and so on, no matter how many times I do it.

I have win7 and norton antivirus, though I've already tried updating it with the antivirus disabled, and it still doesn't works.

I have a similar issue here.The update from 26 July 2014 worked almost fine for me, but the update from 28 July 2014 doesn't work.

1. So the program asks me to update and then downloads the update.
2. It asks me where to extract it and for reason it suggests to extract it to c:windowssystem32
3. I tell it to extract to my installation folder: e:softmedmal
4. After it extracts the files I try to launch it, but it sends me back to step 1.
5. I looked in the installation folder, and I noticed that instead of extracting and replacing files in it, it for some reason creates a folder named 'Portable Mal Updater 2' and puts the files there.
6. Okay, whatever, I moved the files where they are supposed to be. It fixed the update from 26 July 2014, but the update from 28 July 2014 still doesn't work, it sends me to step 1.

My OS is Windows 8.1 x64, I have no antivirus.
Jul 28, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Try downloading from here and overwriting the files with winrar or so

http://www.malupdater.com/download/
Jul 28, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
nasood said:
Hello everyone.

Not fixed yet, was kinda leaving this for 3.x since the window and everything in there related to search was new, but maybe I'll fix that first, been bugged for a long time :(
Jul 28, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2012
Kotori said:

Yeah, that fixed it. Thanks!
Jul 28, 2014 1:12 PM
May 2013
Kotori said:

I don't know if this was also for me, but I just tried it, and it still doesn't works.
I've also tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help.
Jul 28, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
Sylar7112 said:
Kotori said:

I don't know if this was also for me, but I just tried it, and it still doesn't works.

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, maybe the installer can't overwrite the old files due to Norton or something. If not that, then it's some cache issue with the ISP giving you an older version file.
Jul 28, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2012
Kotori said:
nasood said:
Hello everyone.

Not fixed yet, was kinda leaving this for 3.x since the window and everything in there related to search was new, but maybe I'll fix that first, been bugged for a long time :(
Darn, that stinks man.

It's been bugged for a bit, almost two years. That's the only problem I have with MAL. Other than that, I really don't much else features but I like how you're continuing adding features that people may in find useful.

Also, I think you have an issue with Potplayer not recognizing. For some odd reason with the new recent version of Potplayer, the updater does not seem to recognize any media.
Jul 28, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2007
I'll see if i can fix it at morning when I get home (at work all night atm).
Jul 28, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2007
I can't reproduce the boundaries issue, but it's probably related to this other one.. where you get a message like "" is not an integer.

the culprit:

This is a custom XML library I made myself, and here SetMainNode parses the list and caches node boundaries to an array, so when I call LoadNode it sets 2 pointers to the location where the text for that node starts and ends and limits the subsequent parsing to that area of memory.

The issue is here:

SetMainNode('entry');//,xmNormal_, False, True, False);
Data := UTF8ToUnicodeString(Data);

1st line does the parsing and establishes the node boundaries in memory
2nd line .. changes all the data, so those pointers now don't really point to the node boundaries but any other parts of the XML

so just swapping them up/down fixes that issue, first convert the data, then parse it.

Now for the other issue.. im not really sure, it seems to be an empty subitem in a selected row, which should never happen, but I have a.. very old note in the code

// cache TListItem; source item seems to be cleared sometimes
// after GatherPicture for some odd reason
if (t.Caption = '-1') or (t.SubItems[8] = 'yes') then

but suposedly I had a fix for that, so I dunno. I will post an update now, let me know if you can still reproduce the issue with the new one and I'll do some further checking
KotoriJul 28, 2014 11:26 PM
Jul 28, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2007
Ok the update is up, I'm off to sleep!
Jul 29, 2014 1:21 AM
May 2014
Type images are loaded by column number. When you move a column they will stay in the that column. Type is column six no matter which heading you move to be before or after "Type" the images will always be loaded in column six.

so you move "Season" to be in front of "Type" the image is are loaded in "Season"

As added fun, if you move the column around then restart the program the headers are loaded as you left them but the contents of the column is reset to before you moved them.
Jul 29, 2014 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
spik330 said:
Type images are loaded by column number. When you move a column they will stay in the that column. Type is column six no matter which heading you move to be before or after "Type" the images will always be loaded in column six.

so you move "Season" to be in front of "Type" the image is are loaded in "Season"

As added fun, if you move the column around then restart the program the headers are loaded as you left them but the contents of the column is reset to before you moved them.

Columns were not meant to be moved around, I updated the installer and main exe, a simple reinstall will fix it.

should be up within a minute of this post, hate my slow upload :(

Jul 29, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 2012
Kotori said:
Ok the update is up, I'm off to sleep!
Hey, why don't you look at that? I have not gotten the error again when I search for an anime to add to my list.

Thanks man!
Aug 2, 2014 6:10 PM

May 2009
Kotori said:
Sylar7112 said:

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, maybe the installer can't overwrite the old files due to Norton or something. If not that, then it's some cache issue with the ISP giving you an older version file.

Kotori,
I have been messing around with this issue for a little while. (Reading through old posts) I have tried everything. From fixing my permissions to the Uninstall, Reboot, Reinstall. I just don't know what you mean by overwriting with Winrar.

Has this issue been solved? So far, when I reinstall or open the problem it requests to update. I update and click the Launch Mal Updater button, it doesn't open to Mal Updater.

When I re-open MalUpdater it brings up the update screen again...its like the update just disappears into thin air.

(Thankfully) I can still get new episodes but the Mal Updater always closes but I only have 300 seconds to do it. HA!
Aug 3, 2014 4:56 AM

May 2009
Alright, after playing with it some more, I was able to get it installed by disabling UAC. That is weird, because the other two computers I run this on have it on a different setting. (Oh well.) It worked!
Aug 5, 2014 5:04 AM

Nov 2012
My problem is MAL updater stopped detecting episode keeps on saying episode not found it happened after the update (everything is same as it was,the file directory is not changed)

- program version
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/sharif9991/Screenshot96_zpse8b585f5.png~original

- operating system and if it's 32/64 bits
W 8.1 pro 64bit

- related filenames for anime identification errors
- a screenshot if possible
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/sharif9991/Screenshot96_zpse8b585f5.png~original
Hello~
Aug 5, 2014 6:20 AM
Aug 5, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2012
Kotori said:
Check root folders.

i forgot to mention this
and the file location is set to the right place
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/sharif9991/Screenshot98_zps1b2b2196.png~original

Update fixed it
i mistakenly enabled use only mal ID tags
after disabling it everything was alright :)
thanks for all your help :)
-SharifAug 5, 2014 7:28 AM
Hello~
Aug 17, 2014 7:40 AM
May 2009
When list applications is used on g510, the newly added MALU app shows up as "MyImgur v3".

Gotta love code usable in multiple projects right?
Aug 17, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2007
Lol yeah, re-used most of the code obviously from my other apps, forgot to change that.

Aug 17, 2014 8:37 AM
Jul 2012
After the new update I can't start MalUpdater anymore.
It always says:
"Critical error, app not completely initalized. Please report this.
Failed to load G15 DLL #G15 Init failed"

If I click OK, the program dissappears (taskbar, etc.), but MalUpdater takes about 50% CPU in Taskmanager. I have to end the process.

I have got a Logitech G300 Mouse.

Is there anything I can do?
Aug 17, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2012
ratchetclank23 said:
It always says:

If I click OK, the program dissappears (taskbar, etc.), but MalUpdater takes about 50% CPU in Taskmanager. I have to end the process.

Happens to me as well.

Using a Logitech G600 mouse. Not sure if that matters or not.
Aug 17, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
ratchetclank23 said:
It always says:

Updated the exe, replace with this one:
http://malupdater.com/MalUpdater/App/MalUpdater.exe
Aug 17, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I don't have that problem (ok, I only have a normal, Logitech G400 mouse and a cheap wireless Logitech K270 or something keyboard).
There's only a quick balloon notification about "G15 failed" (can't even screen it, it vanishes too fast) and that's it. I wouldn't even have known that there would have been a problem if it hadn't been for this thread.

For those who have problems:

1) Did you try a clean install or the portable version (http://www.malupdater.com/download/)?

2) Did you try a system restore or a recovery? (It's basically the same thing, only called different. You can also access it with
Windows key+Break/Pause key and at the left under system protection.)
If it works after a system restore/recovery, don't update for now.

3) Did you try an alternative mouse and/or keyboard? Or at least plug it out right after starting the application. Does it still hang then?

4) Maybe some other information might help, for example which OS, which CPU, which GPU, how much RAM, SSD or HDD, anti-virus, etc.:
For example:

It might be a OS related issue. Who knows?

btw.: what is a "LCD applet"?
Aug 17, 2014 9:36 AM
Jul 2012
The new exe fixed the problem. Thank you for your fast reaction. :)
Aug 17, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
Ok, seems like Kotori already posted a fix, because after replacing it, I didn't even had that notification.
However, there was this dialog about "The author could not be verified. Would you like to run it?" (or something like that), so I've switched back to the old one since I don't have a problem with a quick error message I don't even notice.
Aug 17, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2009
MAL Updater hasn't been updating any of the new episodes I watch ever since I switched to Windows 8. I have all of the folders with the episodes specified, I'm using PotPlayer and the portable MalU version. Reinstalling it doesn't work, either.
Aug 17, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2009
Do the folder have the exact name as the Anime you're watching?
Since I was about to post in the recongnition reports thread until I took a closer look at the title and found out that the sub group had a typo in the title. After correcting it, it worked normally.
Also, please test it with VLC mediaplayer, too, as it's one of the most common out there. Personally, I don't have any problems with updating with VLC and MALU on Windows 8 (unless the title is misspelled).
Aug 17, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2009
I use one folder for all anime (unless it's a batch), so it's not an issue.
I used Media Player Classic to test it and it did work. I'm surprised why it doesn't recognise PotPlayer then, because it was working before I installed Win8, and neither the settings or player version are different.
Aug 18, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2012
Not sure if this happens to everyone or just me:

Every startup instead of the main window the torrents plugin window pops up, and was wondering if there's a way to change that.

Also, this happens:

the window's actually minimized somewhere (Dragged for ease of spotting) along the bottom of the desktop and I have to open it manually (task bar just minimizes/restores the blank theme pane).
Aug 18, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
MellowJello said:

Every startup instead of the main window the torrents plugin window pops up, and was wondering if there's a way to change that.

Also, this happens:

the window's actually minimized somewhere (Dragged for ease of spotting) along the bottom of the desktop and I have to open it manually (task bar just minimizes/restores the blank theme pane).
I usually just click the bar so that the updater goes back up. The "MAL Updater v2.96...." one.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 19, 2014 1:51 AM

Aug 2012
Cashdax said:
MellowJello said:

Also, this happens:

I usually just click the bar so that the updater goes back up. The "MAL Updater v2.96...." one.
yeah that's what I meant by manually.
Aug 19, 2014 5:43 AM

Jul 2007
Aug 19, 2014 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
Lukensz said:

I'm surprised why it doesn't recognise PotPlayer then, because it was working before I installed Win8, and neither the settings or player version are different.

Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? Well, for me it works at least for Windows 8:

Also, did you enable PotPlayer in the settings?

@ MellowJello: The picture might hint an issue in relation with the graphics driver, the disk drive (HDD/SSD) or the used security software.
NoboruAug 19, 2014 9:03 AM
Aug 20, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
@ Lukensz: And Potplayer is recognized even on Windows 8.1 for me:
Aug 20, 2014 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
@Noboru I am using Windows 8.1. I also have the player enabled in the MalU settings. I seriously have no clue what might be causing this.
Aug 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
So which version are you exactly using? I've tested it with 1.6.49479 and this one seemed to work. Maybe your version is too old.

How many players are enabled and what happens, if you only enable Potplayer in the settings?

Did you try to cleanly install either MALU or Potplayer or even both? What about a portable version from either or both? (or installer version, in case you're only using portable versions)
Aug 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
Kotori said:
What OS? can I see your settings?
Here ya go:
Aug 22, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
@MellowJello: Is it that one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157877

Personally, I would replace the HDD with a SSD and I've finally done it, since my old laptop HDD has become too slow for me.
Make sure you have the license key and everything else important backed up and keep the old HDD in case you need to have your laptop send back to the manufacturer for repair.

For starters, you could check the SMART values with CrystalDiskInfo, run chkdsk c: /f /r and sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and/or try to find a newer GPU driver at HPs or AMDs homepage and/or disable your security software when starting MALU.
Aug 22, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
MellowJello said:
Kotori said:
What OS? can I see your settings?
Here ya go:

I meant malu system settings.
Aug 23, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2012
Kotori said:
MellowJello said:
Here ya go:

I meant malu system settings.
Ahah, didn't think of that.
And now that I finally looked closer, I realized the "minimize to tray on startup" option is ticked.

While that solves problem #2, it adds another problem of "I can't start it minimized without having to open the window for the theme manually."

And since we're on the topic of me being blind, I can't find the "minimize torrents window on startup" button (if it exists).
Noboru said:
@MellowJello:
I'm not in the market for upgrading my laptop. Don't have any security software either. Gpu's reasonably kept up to date while the problem still persists. Not sure what crystalmark does.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « First ... « 90 91 [92] 93 94 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM

» Recognition problems: post here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Jul 30, 2009

377 by hacker09 »»
Aug 8, 2020 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.