Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
Have you guys ever felt like you're losing touch with someone but you don't want to see them, not for your sake but because it might be weird between you two, the other party seems to have moved on with making new friends but you're still standing there....
I mean any good advice on how do I contact or keep myself in touch with the other person!!
Forgot my umbrella......!

May 30, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2015
Do you have them on facebook? It doesn't hurt to just strike up a conversation and say hi.
May 30, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
Why don't you say that to the person you're losing touch with?

"Ah, what? What? Who are you? Ahh another Undead, eh? I took on Sen's Fortress alone... But I'm no different from those vile creatures... I was driven by conceit... Ahh, you think you're different? That you can handle it? Yes, I remember that feeling. For I was the same... So let me help you out. With your souls searching."
Crestfallen Merchant
May 30, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2014
Raghnaq said:
Have you guys ever felt like you're losing touch with someone but you don't want to see them, not for your sake but because it might be weird between you two, the other party seems to have moved on with making new friends but you're still standing there....
I mean any good advice on how do I contact or keep myself in touch with the other person!!
It was like that with one of my best friends from high school. We both went to the same University in our home town but he was on the track and cross country team. He made a lot of friends and seemed like he changed a little and we didn't hang out much for 2ish years. Eventually we started hanging out again, went for a run with him last weekend actually.

No real advice I've just had a situation like that before.
May 30, 2015 10:04 AM

May 2014
I've lost alot of friends because I never knew how to keep it in touch

never be afraid to find a way to communicate with them, it all starts with a small 'hi'
I've been here way too long...
May 30, 2015 10:12 AM
May 2014
if you really want to keep your friendship then dont be afraid to talk to him on fb or ask him to hang out.
May 30, 2015 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
I graduated from high school last year, and now my friends and I are spread across the country to attend university. Still, some stayed because they went straight to work, yet I didn't have much contact with them while I was away...

However, whenever I got back to my hometown, I would write them on fb, starting with "Hey, long time no see" and the like, and then ask if they want to hang out some time.

I know how you feel OP, it seems a bit awkward to suddenly start a conversation with a friend you haven't talked with for a long time... But it doesn't hurt to try at least. If you are willing to use cash, ask he/she out for pizza or any activity or something, or maybe a walk. Hope you figure it out!
May 30, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, I always have this problem. Though lately I've learnt that I mostly worry for nothing, and people are not that bothered by it. But in my case we all got older, and you get in touch much more rare, when you get older, as it turns out...

...Well, I think that you should not overthink it. If you're going to stick together, it'll work out, if not, which may not even depend on you, that is life. You want to keep in touch - simply talk, write, visit, go out with.

Heh, I, on the other hand, have another problem right now - a friend stopped talking to me after an abusive outburst, and I have no idea why (like, really zero).
May 30, 2015 6:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah, I have this problem a lot. I'm always afraid to bother people so I just don't really talk to them unless they talk to me. I don't want to ever seem clingy, but eh.
Sometimes it's okay to just let things die I guess.
If you really want to keep things going though, just mention something to them which might pique their interest. Like, I just messaged my friend with something like, "omg the new boba place just opened up!" Then again, we just hung out in person, so maybe that doesn't count. Still applies though.
If you know they'd be interested in something, hit them up.
Going to the mall they like? Hit them up.
Road trip to a state they've always wanted to visit? Hit them up.
Concert, festival, cool event? Hit them up.
Going out drinking? Hit them up.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 31, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
Thanks you all.....
I tried to contact several of them on fb and tried to start a conversation but it soon ended and now today I'm gonna try again and contact them hopefully it would go well but the awkwardness is still there....
Should I ask them to hang out??
Its been years since I talked to them and they look much more mature now...

May 31, 2015 7:25 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
I keep them on facebook but friends come and go all the way through life
May 31, 2015 7:28 PM

May 2012
I have had countless of skype accounts because I keep forgetting my username or password since I have different kinds for most of my stuff. I lost a bunch of friends because of that since that was how we kept in touch. Facebook is shit, so I won't even consider that kind of alternative.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
May 31, 2015 8:23 PM

Aug 2014
Well I talked to them today and it looks like the whole previous gang isn't together anymore , all of them say that the other one didn't kept contact and I wasn't gonna lecture them because It's been a long time since we talked and the awkwardness was still there like 'Why is he contacting us now all of a sudden,'.....

No plans have been made but I'd like to at lease be able to renew the friendship....
Oh and inter-dating has been started in the gang so should I worry about it or not??

May 31, 2015 8:29 PM

Oct 2012
Know said:
I have had countless of skype accounts because I keep forgetting my username or password since I have different kinds for most of my stuff. I lost a bunch of friends because of that since that was how we kept in touch. Facebook is shit, so I won't even consider that kind of alternative.

Have you ever considered USING THE SAME PASSWORD? I mean seriously xD
Why do people do that? BOO HOO if someone figures out your facebook, email and MAL account password. Its not like they're stealing your identity.

OT: Facebook and just make up a reason to meet up if you care that much, like the next uber bmainstream movie that's on theaters.
May 31, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2014
I've never had a friend irl.
May 31, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2012
Democracy said:
Know said:

Have you ever considered USING THE SAME PASSWORD? I mean seriously xD
Why do people do that? BOO HOO if someone figures out your facebook, email and MAL account password. Its not like they're stealing your identity.

OT: Facebook and just make up a reason to meet up if you care that much, like the next uber bmainstream movie that's on theaters.
I have used the same passwords but some sites want my password to have "at least one capitalized letter and numbers". So I forget which password I used for various accounts since I only have 2~3 versions with the same content but with numbers or, all caps or 1 capped letter so it gets super confusing.

Edit:
Obviously same thing with usernames, there is an option where you can click "forgot your password" but there aren't any option where I can retrieve my username.
NoMay 31, 2015 9:51 PM
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jun 1, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2014
Syndiciate said:
I've never had a friend irl.

I thought that too but recently I'm starting to feel like It shouldn't be how I should live my life.....

Jun 1, 2015 2:27 AM

Aug 2014
Looks like my friends reunion is gonna be on a hold for a while....
UGH!!

Jun 1, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2014
Unfortunately, I'm not the one to keep in contact with people unless they're the one making an effort
Jun 1, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
Loph said:
Unfortunately, I'm not the one to keep in contact with people unless they're the one making an effort

Well I thought about that too...
But in the end both sides have to make the effort and much better if you're the one to headstart in this good deed!!
Nothing can beat the fun you have with friends!!

Jun 1, 2015 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
Raghnaq said:
Thanks you all.....
I tried to contact several of them on fb and tried to start a conversation but it soon ended and now today I'm gonna try again and contact them hopefully it would go well but the awkwardness is still there....
Should I ask them to hang out??
Its been years since I talked to them and they look much more mature now...

Stop it

You will look like a losser
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Jun 1, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
nopainnolife said:

Stop it

You will look like a losser

You're right it didn't go so well and I'm now in a mess A WHOLE FREAKY FUCKING MESS!!

Jun 1, 2015 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Me and my very good friend went a year or so without hanging out or talking. But then she invited me over sort of out of the blue. So of course I went but was worried it'd be awkward. Well, it wasn't at all. Our connection was still there and we got on as if we had never stopped hanging out. So my advice is just don't over think it. Be relaxed and it'll hopefully go smoothly
Jun 1, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
You don't need them anyway.

Start worshipping John Cena and you will find happiness. Friends are for losers, remember that.
Jun 1, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Jotaro-kun said:
Do you have them on facebook? It doesn't hurt to just strike up a conversation and say hi.
Jun 1, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2014
This thread was made for me lol.
Where the fuck did Monday go?
Jun 1, 2015 10:46 AM

May 2014
DarkStarr96 said:
This thread was made for me lol.

:o
Jun 1, 2015 11:05 AM
Dec 2011
I felt alot of times like that. I sometimes(usually drunk) get the courage to talk again and it becomes easy after that. The point is, you have to talk again after some time... maybe months...
Jun 2, 2015 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
So the confession took a great turn and now I'm feeling guilty but whatever I've got more important things to do now..........

So I was thinking that you guys might help me with some other thing like HOW TO PREVENT A FUCKING STALKER!!

Jun 2, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
I have the same feeling but with my penis. #Lonelypenis
Jun 2, 2015 6:41 AM
May 2015
Raghnaq said:
So I was thinking that you guys might help me with some other thing like HOW TO PREVENT A FUCKING STALKER!!

Introduce him/her to your better looking friend.
Jun 2, 2015 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
-YunoGasai said:
Raghnaq said:

I WANT TO GET FUCKING RID OF HIM!!

Jun 2, 2015 7:11 AM
May 2015
Raghnaq said:
-YunoGasai said:

I WANT TO GET FUCKING RID OF HIM!!

This is in hopes that he starts stalking your friend instead off you. Still if that doesn't work..

Has he met you in person? If not, tell him you're really a 40 year old overweight mechanic named Bruce.
If so, Tell him you're gay.
Jun 2, 2015 8:00 AM

Feb 2008
As for your case, I couldn't really say. I really suck at keeping in touch with people. Simple as. Of course if you're trying not to, then just go about your life.
Jun 2, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
BishounenTatsumi said:
As for your case, I couldn't really say. I really suck at keeping in touch with people. Simple as. Of course if you're trying not to, then just go about your life.

I want to change that aspect of my life.....

-YunoGasai said:

This is in hopes that he starts stalking your friend instead off you. Still if that doesn't work..

Has he met you in person? If not, tell him you're really a 40 year old overweight mechanic named Bruce.
If so, Tell him you're gay.

HE KNOWS ME LIKE SERIOUSLY WELL!!

But I am thinking that this maybe a chance for a reunion with friends by asking them for help in this stalker case??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
2 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
25 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
45 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.