Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2010
Does anyone read the French Manga Dreamland? I don't see it here in the database I think I will try to put it in later it is in print in France so it should meet MAL DB Guidelines.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 15, 2015 3:15 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Original Foreign Language works (OFL) can't be added to the database. If you look on the most recent page in the denial thread, you can see it was denied multiple times.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=60908&show=1600

You also tried to add this before on January 14, 2015 and it denied, so that should have been a sign it can't be added.
KuroDubZeroMay 15, 2015 3:24 PM
May 15, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2010
KuroDubZero said:
Original Foreign Language works (OFL) can't be added to the database. If you look on the most recent page in the denial thread, you can see it was denied multiple times.

You also tried to add this before on January 14, 2015 and it denied, so that should have been a sign it can't be added.

You don't have to be so rude. I'm still learning about this site and how it works that's why I ask questions. The first part of your response was fine, but I could really do with out your smart assed remarks.

May 15, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
logic340 said:

You don't have to be so rude. I'm still learning about this site and how it works that's why I ask questions. The first part of your response was fine, but I could really do with out your smart assed remarks.

He isn't being rude. He just answered your question.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
May 15, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2010
EvenJellyOn said:
logic340 said:

He isn't being rude. He just answered your question.

I might agree with you if this was.our first encounter. But this moderate is very rude and has been very rude to me in other posts. My response wasn't in response to this message alone. I could reference you to the other posts if you'd like do you can.understand where I'm coming from?

May 16, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2010
mugi said:
logic340 said:

I might agree with you if this was.our first encounter. But this moderate is very rude and has been very rude to me in other posts. My response wasn't in response to this message alone. I could reference you to the other posts if you'd like do you can.understand where I'm coming from?

He's not rude and should I remind you of your initial reply to me?

Please do and I'll show you why you were responded to in such a way. I have dealt with other staff member here , I though they were all like you two it was very reassuring to say the least, and the way you two handle this section is not very professional. I don't know if you need to be, but you two could leave your baggage at home. I am still learning about how to use this site as I stated above yet when I ask questions I get very snide, snotty, rude, remarks from both of you. I don't know what other conversation you have had with other users about my topic of choice but to act as if you are constantly repeating the same thing to me in our first written exchange didn't help the situation. I am sure that as with most texts there was something lost in translation but you do come across as a very crass individual with me an other users here.
logic340May 16, 2015 8:50 AM

May 18, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
KuroDubZero said:

Why is it that OFL works aren't allowed in the database I looked through the guidelines and didn't see anything in regards to OLF's. I'm not challenging whether they should be allowed or not (I really wish they were) but rather just trying to understand why since I may have missed it.

mugi said:
logic340 said:

Please do and I'll show you why you were responded to in such a way. I have dealt with other staff member here , I though they were all like you two it was very reassuring to say the least, and the way you two handle this section is not very professional. I don't know if you need to be, but you two could leave your baggage at home. I am still learning about how to use this site as I stated above yet when I ask questions I get very snide, snotty, rude, remarks from both of you. I don't know what other conversation you have had with other users about my topic of choice but to act as if you are constantly repeating the same thing to me in our first written exchange didn't help the situation. I am sure that as with most texts there was something lost in translation but you do come across as a very crass individual with me an other users here.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1364388#msg38847429

Tell me how I can stop giving you rude answers before even having started a conversation with to you, I'd like to try my best in the future.

My initial post to you wasn't rude I asked you a reasonable question and I was also bringing something to your attention (the 4 volumes of the light novel).

"I am sure that as with most texts there was something lost in translation but you do come across as a very crass individual with me an other users here." I'd like us to start fresh put this behind us and move forward. I like being a part of this community and would like to see things added. I am still learning how things work around here so I apologize if I keep brining up old topics. But they are new to me.

May 18, 2015 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
logic340 said:
Why is it that OFL works aren't allowed in the database I looked through the guidelines and didn't see anything in regards to OLF's. I'm not challenging whether they should be allowed or not (I really wish they were) but rather just trying to understand why since I may have missed it.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=409851
Although it's still among "Filters" in the Advanced Search: http://myanimelist.net/manga.php -> Type
May 18, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2010
Serhiyko said:
logic340 said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=409851
Although it's still among "Filters" in the Advanced Search: http://myanimelist.net/manga.php -> Type

Thank you that helps a little bit. Doesn't really explain why it isn't allowed but I hope it really is something the staff discussed for a long time before changing. Hopefully someone will bring up the subject again and get some that fit the criteria (Like Dreamland) in the database.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7688 by kihel »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

131 by nerfsunny »»
Apr 24, 10:26 PM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.