Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 2015 11:52 PM

May 2014
DarklordVor said:
Although the witch stuffs were just introduced in episode 5, it's kind of weird that Urara knows about her power yet she said Yamada was her first kiss. So how could she possibly know about her power?

What bugs me more is the body swap before asking the student council for a budget. In one moment Yamada has Urara's body, then the next moment Miyamura and Ito are with each other's body and Yamada and Shiraishi with each other's. This means that Yamada kissed someone twice, since Shiraishi wouldn't kiss Miyamura and the first swap was between Shiraishi and Yamada. In other words, the order is this:
- Yamada swaps with Shiraishi
- Yamada in Shiraishi's body swaps with Ito
- Yamada in Ito's body swaps with Miyamura
- Yamada in Miyamura's body swaps with Ito in Shiraishi's body

Problem is that, assuming he won't let Miyamura have Shiraishi's body, he could've swapped with Ito first, then kissed Miyamura and finally kissed Shiraishi, to have everybody swapped with 3 kisses.
May 14, 2015 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
AlexGK said:
Tetimaru said:
I think ecchi is a misleading tag for this anime.
The next episode (obligatory beach episode) might prove me wrong, though.

Harem as well.
Thank god, at least so far.
Are there more male characters to introduce with the other witches?

2 on this season.
And more that won't appear on this one.

DarklordVor said:
Just watched the series from episode 1-5, I must say I'm very impressed. The comedy is funny with the mix of Yaoi and Yuri lol.

Although the witch stuffs were just introduced in episode 5, it's kind of weird that Urara knows about her power yet she said Yamada was her first kiss. So how could she possibly know about her power?

They were assuming that it was Yamada the one who could switch bodies. When he lost the swap power when he kissed Nene then she just assumed that probably it was her the one who had the swap power, which she confirmed when she kissed Yamada, which also confirmed that he had some kind of copy power.
May 15, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
Silver4000 said:
AlexGK said:

Harem as well.
Thank god, at least so far.
Are there more male characters to introduce with the other witches?

2 on this season.
And more that won't appear on this one.

DarklordVor said:
Just watched the series from episode 1-5, I must say I'm very impressed. The comedy is funny with the mix of Yaoi and Yuri lol.

They were assuming that it was Yamada the one who could switch bodies. When he lost the swap power when he kissed Nene then she just assumed that probably it was her the one who had the swap power, which she confirmed when she kissed Yamada, which also confirmed that he had some kind of copy power.

Ah I see that actually made sense that she confirmed it by kissing him. Thanks.

May 15, 2015 8:50 PM
May 15, 2015 10:38 PM

Jan 2011
Ishikami said:
DarklordVor said:

What bugs me more is the body swap before asking the student council for a budget. In one moment Yamada has Urara's body, then the next moment Miyamura and Ito are with each other's body and Yamada and Shiraishi with each other's. This means that Yamada kissed someone twice, since Shiraishi wouldn't kiss Miyamura and the first swap was between Shiraishi and Yamada. In other words, the order is this:
- Yamada swaps with Shiraishi
- Yamada in Shiraishi's body swaps with Ito
- Yamada in Ito's body swaps with Miyamura
- Yamada in Miyamura's body swaps with Ito in Shiraishi's body

Problem is that, assuming he won't let Miyamura have Shiraishi's body, he could've swapped with Ito first, then kissed Miyamura and finally kissed Shiraishi, to have everybody swapped with 3 kisses.

You are thinking too hard on this mate :) Just relax and enjoy the romcom, brains off :D

If you are going to think this way you might as well start thinking of what Shiraishi X Yamada love life will be - let me do you, now let me do you, my turn again, ahahaha :D Now that I think of that she was even enjoying her panties in his body, she might just as well enjoy herself in it too :D :D :D
Or it will be sex with no kissing, how boring is that :)

Nene too - the moment she starts it and kisses the guy he doesnt want her anymore :D

The girl with the telepathy, oh boy - her guy should be the luckiest man alive - she can literally do whatever he thinks he wants, ahaha :D

Just brains off, thats the way :)

And then back to Real Life™ ;)
AlexGKMay 15, 2015 10:48 PM
May 15, 2015 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
ClawViper said:
It's probably be one episode each per witch with the last 2 episodes wrapping things up. I do feel that they are transitioning between scenes too fast without any pauses, but I still really enjoyed this episode nonetheless.

That slap by Shiraishi was a little harsh imo, I can relate to how Yamada feels when he was reluctant to help Odagiri and Ushio - they were the one who blackmailed him through that photo and it kinda serves them right for having the power backfire.

Please I hope it won't be that. Some witch story are really long... I don't want to see such a rush happen...
May 16, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2014
Very exciting ep. LOl, I liked it when Shiraishi slapped Yamada. That's a good slap. I liked the animation in this ep. I think they did a good job when the red mark of her hand were visible on his cheek. I have seen a lot of anime and this is the first time I have seen this been anime when something like that happens.

So, in other words Shirahishi-chan and Onagiri-chan are two of the witches with charming and telepathy power. Nice! I wonder what kind of power the other five have. this gonna be exciting.

And by the way, the music played in ep. 4 at approx. 15 min and in ep. 5 approx. 4 min reminds me of the music from Shigatsu, especially the OST played in ep. 4. :)
May 16, 2015 6:20 AM

May 2014
Tetimaru said:
I think ecchi is a misleading tag for this anime.
The next episode (obligatory beach episode) might prove me wrong, though.

but we saw some fan-service. i know it's just a little bit, but we saw some ecchi. Here for example.

We have seen a couple of scenes too. But there are not that many, but still I would put it there.
May 18, 2015 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Finally getting to the plot :) I wonder what all of the other powers are...
May 20, 2015 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
Nothing257 said:
MasterDetective said:
but he was the one at fault because he was acting selfish.

i don't think he was it was more of a Reap what you Sow type of thing.

Reap what you sow for what? For blackmailing with a stupid photo because she wants to win some school elections? Sorry but no matter how unpleasant that may be, some shitty school election or some silly perverted photo aren't more important than letting a person live threw their whole life feeling heartburn by some unrequited love and constantly thinking of you. You are ruining that person's whole life.
You people need to get your fucking priorities straight.
So yes he was being an ass for wanting her to live her whole life like that just because of some silly school election fight and Shiraishi had every right to slap him and demand that he get his fucking priorities straight instead of being a selfish ass.
May 20, 2015 9:05 AM
Jun 2014
Monad said:
Nothing257 said:

i don't think he was it was more of a Reap what you Sow type of thing.

Reap what you sow for what? For blackmailing with a stupid photo because she wants to win some school elections? Sorry but no matter how unpleasant that may be, some shitty school election or some silly perverted photo aren't more important than letting a person live threw their whole life feeling heartburn by some unrequited love and constantly thinking of you. You are ruining that person's whole life.
You people need to get your fucking priorities straight.
So yes he was being an ass for wanting her to live her whole life like that just because of some silly school election fight and Shiraishi had every right to slap him and demand that he get his fucking priorities straight instead of being a selfish ass.

I would not say it is ruining there life if they did not what you to turn them back in the first place, besides why should he do it hes got no obligation to do so, if she was not mean to him in the first place he might have done it sooner or even not at all depending on what she wanted. as for priorities and it ruining that persons life like i said before she said she would not mind if she stayed like that, also why should i care for someone that has done me wrong. Like i said reap what you sow.
May 22, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
Very entertaining. The episode went so fast...

So we finally know about the school legend. I wonder what powers have other witches.

Urara cute as always. Im in love <3
May 22, 2015 9:26 PM
Sep 2013
Isn't Nene powers really dangerous to herself? What if she got someone who would rape her or worst? Yes, doing things like these are also forms of love. And how does it make people happy? Knowing that the person you love does not feel the same way, is probably just using you, and will likely fall for someone else is just misery.
May 26, 2015 11:27 PM

May 2013
Glad Shiraishi decided to explain everything for Yamada.
Meanwhile, Ushio and Odagiri were sort of dicks to Yamada.
Can't wait to see the other witches; seems like another witch will appear next episode.

"We came to this school to live this sort of school life in the first place." Well, fuck you, Ushio.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 31, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode. And we finally learnt whole background and find out how things really works. Nice dialogues this time too.
Jun 27, 2015 3:55 PM
May 2015
So... I'm starting to believe this is a harem anime.
Jun 30, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
The facts so far shown, assume significance as a whole far greater than what you could agree to before, thus showing a certain grandeur of the story by the mere fact of having built everything just to reach this occasion; in some ways, it is very enlightening in many ways. Now the roles of the characters take on a different meaning and intriguing. Drawings and animations in the media, people increasingly heterogeneous peep into the plot, making it quite charming. Catchy soundtrack
Jun 30, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
Why did Ushio and Nene have to inform the school about the fight in the first place? If it wasn't reported by someone else, why would they go to the trouble of pushing blame on Yamada?
Jul 2, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
I don't think the administrator said it was reported by Ushio and Nene, I think he said they witnessed it. It's quite possible it was reported by someone else and Nene and Ushio blamed Yamada since she had already kissed Ushio and turned him into her henchman.

Also just a little bit on the term witch. In terms of the world created for this manga/anime, I think Yamada would technically be a witch. Saying much more on that topic would be a spoiler at this point in the plot. If you are dealing with our world, the preferred usage for both male and female practitioners of witchcraft is usually witch. This is particularly true in North America or Europe when used to describe the practitioners of Wicca or other Neo-Pagan spiritual practices that self-identify as witchcraft. Of course fictional works are free to make up their own rules and terms.

And Yamada fully deserved that slap for considering keeping Nene bound in emotional slavery to him for an indefinite future. As we saw shortly after, the power of the charm was such that Nene would have willingly remained enthralled, even though she knew it was magically created and not a real relationship.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 21, 2015 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
My guess was half-right, kinda. His power is pretty useful though
Jul 25, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2012
So 7 "witches" he? Well that's quite nice development. I'm not a too huge fan of Nene but I do like that Yamada can copy powers so I really wonder who the other witches are and which power they hold!
Aug 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
Oh this just keeps getting better. Its cute and interesting and kinda funny!

I love the character dyanimacs.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 9, 2015 10:17 PM
Oct 2014
Well Yamada I am a wee bit disappointed in you... This episode surely shows how whipped he is to Urara... I just want to point out that I would never turn Nene back, why should you? She is doing the same thing to others and even tried to do it to you... IMO this was the worst episode... Still like the series though ;p
Aug 15, 2015 11:57 AM
May 2012
The plot thickens!!
Well, I guess good for Ushio and Yamada.
Can't wait to see the other witches, but gotta sleep already.
Sep 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
If I was Yamada, even if it was a "good" thing what his best friend ushio did to him, I would still hate him for being a backstabber and that girl nene.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Nov 17, 2015 7:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Urara can get mad. "Knock it off"
I'm surprised she didn't tell Yamada she's stop kissing him if she didn't help Nene.

And now we go hunting for witches.

Apr 11, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Special abilities ~ .. and his power is very special compared from theirs .
I sense an adventure ~ !! .. in woman's lips ~ .. that is ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
Lol my theory was more or less correct. Anyway unlike many peeps here, I don't like Nene. I think she's a fuckin bitch for using people like that. And Ushio, damn I thought this guy was cool. Bros before hoes nigga.
Jun 5, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
I wondered if it was Yamada or Shiraishi who actually had the power to take over other bodies. But he's a copier, that's pretty cool. Wonder if Nene is still into him though.
Jun 17, 2017 8:05 PM

May 2015
So, MC power is to duplicate/copy other people’s powers... the question is the only way for him to do that is through kissing the person or he have other ways to do that...?

On a side note:
Even if Ushio sugar coat it he turned against his friend… that was a douchebag move…

Barion-Zara said:
Dat bitch slap XD Yamada sure deserved that one.
+1

Vindstot said:
Ushio putting all the blame of Yamada was a degrading move though, so Yamada refusing his request was understandable. Still, Shiraishi put some sense into him via that bitchslap. Damn, that must've hurt!
+1

abyss333 said:
USHIO AND ODAGIRI ARE BOTHE ASSHOLES FOR WAT THEY DID TO YAMADA.
+1

minouneetzoe said:
''I won't excuse myself, because this is the life we've been looking for''
Yeah, but that don't make you less of a jerk. Nene is a big jerk too, fucking with everyone around (not literally).
+1

Tokoya said:
it's nice that she got a taste of her own medicine so hopefully she'll change for the better....
+1

L-Ryoshi said:
As for the episode, it was fun to watch, but ultimately lacked in content. All we got was the back story of the reason why Yamada is so feared/hated in the school. I still don't get why Ushio just turned on him like that, unless Nene kissed him and MADE him do it (but then for what reason? it's not like he had anything to do with the student council back then now did he?). Other than that, the revelation on how Yamada's power works was kind of deducible from what happened in last episode and this one. The note-book at the end was interesting, I guess it leads into the search for the next witch.
I co-sign this...

Silver4000 said:
How can some people being complaining about Shiraishi slapping Yamada?
He didn't want to remove the power from Nene, a fake sensation of love, of course she would be mad.
This...

ttcchen said:
nene is such a bitch. yamada and that guy friend were finally able to enjoy school, and she just had to fucking break them up and turn that friend into her slave! Forcing him to love her! Asshole!
+1

rodac said:
And Yamada fully deserved that slap for considering keeping Nene bound in emotional slavery to him for an indefinite future. As we saw shortly after, the power of the charm was such that Nene would have willingly remained enthralled, even though she knew it was magically created and not a real relationship.
+1

Aug 27, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, that girl is cute.
Wait, Nene has powers too?
LMAO Nene got charmed. Now she's looking for Ryu.
Urara wants that kiss.
WTF? They switched?
Nene watching. She shook.
Dem tears.
WTF! Ryu's power is to copy and switching bodies is Urara's power?
Dat kick.
Dat flashback.
Dat slap.
Ushio got kissed by Nene and he likes the way he is now. Oh boy!
She wants to stay that way?
Dat kiss.
The 7 wonders?

Ryu got suspended for one week and not liked by the other students after that betrayal due to Nene. He should have kept her that way for one week.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 9, 2017 10:34 PM

Jun 2016
Yamada's power is "copy" meaning once he kissed a witch, he can copy her ability and use it. And they're about to look for 5 more. Omg. I wonder how on earth they have that power, maan.

Odagiri's charm ability backfired and she fell in love with Yamada and OnoD's character is not okay with it. Yamada and Ushio used to hang out, but Yamada was "betrayed" by Ushio and Odagiri (turns out the girl they saved back then), so they stopped hanging out. And Ushio's in love with Odagiri for they kissed back then, and aware of it he still likes it and continues to love her.

Yamada kissed Odagiri and now she's back to normal, before that she asked Yamada if it's okay to let her stay that way, but Yamada is not having it. Glad Shiraishi slapped him because you can't let someone fall in love with you and make her suffer. He annoyed the fuck outta me when he wanted Odagiri to stay that way for revenge. Jesus.
TheDoggoneGirlNov 9, 2017 10:40 PM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 19, 2018 12:58 AM

Sep 2013
Oooooo....cool. We're finding out what the whole "witch" thing in the title is about!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 25, 2018 7:33 AM

Sep 2012
HaHaHa Nene's power backfired on her (that's what u get when abusing ur power) lol

releasing Nene from the spell was no use cause she is still under the spell, but this time she under the real spell if u know what i mean lol

Gator said:
I wondered if it was Yamada or Shiraishi who actually had the power to take over other bodies. But he's a copier, that's pretty cool. Wonder if Nene is still into him though.

he is Kakashi Sensei lol
Sugram22Jan 25, 2018 7:50 AM
Mar 13, 2018 9:39 AM

May 2016
5 more to the harrem, and that bastard didn't apologized at the end he makes me sick.
Oct 9, 2018 1:09 AM

Aug 2015
Wow... this episode did a nice job in making me mad. Shiraishi, Odagiri and Ushio are all a bunch of assholes and I wouldn't mind if they all died painfully in a fucking fire. Yamada has been way too soft.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 29, 2019 4:25 PM

Aug 2017
So, Yamada's power is to copy others powers. I already knew that Shiraishi's power is to switch bodies but I wasn't expecting Yamada having powers lol. It seems that we have more girls with powers.

The backstory between Yamada and Ushio was nice but he and Odagiri are both assholes for what they did to Yamada.

Good episode.

NurguburuNov 29, 2019 4:28 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2020 4:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So there are seven powers like this... I can't wait to see Yamada with the other witches
Apr 9, 2020 5:34 AM
Jan 2018
When did they make Shiraishi the club president
Jul 16, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2017
It seems yamada has tamed sasaki rin , shes fully red and cant even say a thing XD

Rin is now in my top 10 girl and is my favorite on this anime 🤤
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 30, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2020
Awesome episode. I'm a bit concerned with how quickly they may introduce each of the witches with only 7 episodes left but I'm looking forwards to what's coming.
Dec 11, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
Ito and Miyamura's ganging up on Yamada is always hilarious lol
Feb 22, 2022 2:55 AM

May 2020
This could've been decent enough past two episodes if it wasn't for that uncalled and forced drama. Would very much appreciate a close to none screen time for Nene from here on. And wait did they explain why she put all of that blame on Yamada only and not Ushio... well of course they didn't.

Atleast good enough we got some information on those powers.
Sep 11, 2023 10:51 PM

Dec 2022
I just realized that this means Shiraishi was playing dumb almost the entire first episode and was even willing to fall down a flight of stairs multiple times before using her power on Yamada (or rather, him using it on her) lol
Dec 17, 2023 1:31 AM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, Nene is something else
Mar 10, 8:06 AM

May 2020
Reply to Roy_Focker
So, MC power is to duplicate/copy other people’s powers... the question is the only way for him to do that is through kissing the person or he have other ways to do that...?

On a side note:
Even if Ushio sugar coat it he turned against his friend… that was a douchebag move…

Barion-Zara said:
Dat bitch slap XD Yamada sure deserved that one.
+1

Vindstot said:
Ushio putting all the blame of Yamada was a degrading move though, so Yamada refusing his request was understandable. Still, Shiraishi put some sense into him via that bitchslap. Damn, that must've hurt!
+1

abyss333 said:
USHIO AND ODAGIRI ARE BOTHE ASSHOLES FOR WAT THEY DID TO YAMADA.
+1

minouneetzoe said:
''I won't excuse myself, because this is the life we've been looking for''
Yeah, but that don't make you less of a jerk. Nene is a big jerk too, fucking with everyone around (not literally).
+1

Tokoya said:
it's nice that she got a taste of her own medicine so hopefully she'll change for the better....
+1

L-Ryoshi said:
As for the episode, it was fun to watch, but ultimately lacked in content. All we got was the back story of the reason why Yamada is so feared/hated in the school. I still don't get why Ushio just turned on him like that, unless Nene kissed him and MADE him do it (but then for what reason? it's not like he had anything to do with the student council back then now did he?). Other than that, the revelation on how Yamada's power works was kind of deducible from what happened in last episode and this one. The note-book at the end was interesting, I guess it leads into the search for the next witch.
I co-sign this...

Silver4000 said:
How can some people being complaining about Shiraishi slapping Yamada?
He didn't want to remove the power from Nene, a fake sensation of love, of course she would be mad.
This...

ttcchen said:
nene is such a bitch. yamada and that guy friend were finally able to enjoy school, and she just had to fucking break them up and turn that friend into her slave! Forcing him to love her! Asshole!
+1

rodac said:
+1

@Roy_Focker I cant believe ppl defending that slap. that was super unnecessary from urara, all she had to do was persuade on doing it. Yamada had every right to be selfish or what ever to make them feel how he felt. What he went through and that incident wasnt his fault, but apparently he deserved the slap. Yall are weirdos man. Plus, odagiri must have use her power for her own benefit. Also, i do think yamada will eventually do it cause the rest of the club wouldnt let him just not do that.

i know its late but whatever. im vexed seeing ppl actually thinks it was ok for that slap
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

May 2021
Bunch of stuff dropped
Hes still an asshole imo
Just because stuff ended up well doesn’t mean its alright
Inhales oxygen
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.