Hey, I'm getting my hopes up.
May 28, 2015 11:58 PM
Mar 2012

e: Yuri never happens in anime anyway.
MottoMottoMottoMay 29, 2015 12:05 AM
May 29, 2015 1:54 AM
Jan 2015
santolaguna said:

In volume 3, in winter Shuuichi confesses to Kumiko and in the end they saw a couple, my intention was to clarify that we will not have gay relationships.

Just for the sake of clarity, this is coming from somebody who has read all three novels, right? Because there's a lot of "People who have read novels 1 and 2 saying things" going on here, and it'd be nice to get confirmation from somebody who has read all three.

I mean it's a bit disappointing because I don't feel that Kumiko and Shuichi have any chemistry whatsoever, but hey, it's not until Book 3, and Euphonium has earned enough good will from me that I can believe they'll manage to pull it off at least decently well.

(And the cynics were right, as usual. It's a pain being an optimist sometimes.)
May 29, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
ShameNinja said:
santolaguna said:

In volume 3, in winter Shuuichi confesses to Kumiko and in the end they saw a couple, my intention was to clarify that we will not have gay relationships.

Just for the sake of clarity, this is coming from somebody who has read all three novels, right? Because there's a lot of "People who have read novels 1 and 2 saying things" going on here, and it'd be nice to get confirmation from somebody who has read all three.

I mean it's a bit disappointing because I don't feel that Kumiko and Shuichi have any chemistry whatsoever, but hey, it's not until Book 3, and Euphonium has earned enough good will from me that I can believe they'll manage to pull it off at least decently well.

(And the cynics were right, as usual. It's a pain being an optimist sometimes.)

Here's something someone who has read all three novels has posted about Euphonium Vols. 1-3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165630641&postcount=190

He also mentioned the anime is not a 1:1 adaptation. They have removed and added scenes. I don't know the details myself and chances are, the scenes were not drastically important (except maybe taking out the Reina and Taki-sensei subplot). Just putting it out there for people to consider.

It seems the series more or less ends with vol 3 and there is a collection of short stories as vol 4. Which seems to be where some people are saying the Shuiichi x Kumiko thing happens.

-

Now, for my own thoughts on the subject. I did not watch Euphonium for any potential yuri but I must say it was hard for me not to love Reina and Kumiko after episode 8. Yes, I am biased as a yuri fan but I find this pairing has much better chemistry compared to Kumiko and Shuichi. Which is to be expected as so far, Kumiko and Reina has had far more meaningful interactions with each other while Kumiko is portrayed as being rather indifferent to Shuichi.

The anime has made me emotionally invested in Kumiko x Reina while giving me little reason to feel anything for Kumiko x Shuichi and as such, I would be sad if the anime hints at Shuichi and Kumiko being end game. KyoAni has already enhanced the yuri tease from the novels, it feels all the more unfair if only to crush it.

The end of episode 8 can be looked at in many ways. While I personally interpret it to have a romantic tinge, others may see it as the two getting close in a platonic way and that is fine too.

However, all things considered, I acknowledge the chances of Kumiko x Reina actually happening are slim. I do believe the anime at least will leave things open because (quote from the same author who wrote what was in the link above)

"When the decision was made for the novel to be adapted into an anime series, only the first novel was published. That was used as the base for the series and modifications were made. What happens in the novels after that are not guaranteed to occur in the anime series"

Ultimately, romance is not what Euphonium is about and if KyoAni leaves the ending open, that's alright with me.
May 29, 2015 11:59 AM
Jan 2015
Ga_Laxy said:

Here's something someone who has read all three novels has posted about Euphonium Vols. 1-3.

Much appreciated!

Ga_Laxy said:
(except maybe taking out the Reina and Taki-sensei subplot).

I'm actually really curious as to why they did that. The cynic in me wants me to believe that they wanted to push the Reina/Kumiko angle because they think that appeasing yuri shippers will get them more money, but it's equally possible that they thought the possibility of a teacher/student relationship would creep out potential viewers, or that it just was an unimportant subplot that they didn't need to include so they could have time for other material.

Ga_Laxy said:
Yes, I am biased as a yuri fan but I find this pairing has much better chemistry compared to Kumiko and Shuichi. Which is to be expected as so far, Kumiko and Reina has had far more meaningful interactions with each other while Kumiko is portrayed as being rather indifferent to Shuichi.

I think that the thing is that Kumiko reconnecting with Reina has been a pretty prominent subplot, whereas Shuichi and Kumiko have just kind of... had a few conversations. Hopefully once Reina and Kumiko have become friends again Suichi and Kumiko can interact more and those two can have the kind of chemistry that Reina and Kumiko do.

I mean I'll confess to being a fan of shoujo-ai myself and therefore not being an unbiased observer, but I think that part of the reason that learning that Kumiko and Shuichi was likely going to be a thing annoyed me somewhat is that it feels like part of a trend you see in anime (and other fiction- this isn't solely an anime thing) where the guy who has feelings for the girl gets those feelings reciprocated despite the girl not really appearing to have much interest in him before hand- as though he deserves the girl's affection as a result of being interested in her. That always bugs me because I think it sends horrible, horrible messages.

Ga_Laxy said:
The end of episode 8 can be looked at in many ways. While I personally interpret it to have a romantic tinge, others may see it as the two getting close in a platonic way and that is fine too.

I think it's worth noting that two friends of mine who watched the show (one of them not particularly being shoujo-ai inclined and another not being a fan of romance period) definitely felt that there was a massive amount of subtext in the second half of that episode. So I mean, while there's nothing to strictly contradict it being platonic, I can't imagine that the writers wrote those lines and didn't know what they were implying with them.
May 29, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Ga_Laxy said:

RPSB9May 29, 2015 3:49 PM
#CHEXIT
May 29, 2015 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
Imeon said:
Ga_Laxy said:

Well, that is very much how the other reliable seeming novel readers seemed to see it - romance is only a minor point in the novel. Interesting that

If the novels sell well, especially after the anime, I can't imagine that the author won't continue the series. After all, there are two whole years of high school left for the protagonist and all of her closest friends! I'm sure she can drum up some more stories to rake in more cash! LOL
May 29, 2015 6:51 PM
Jan 2014
Volume 4 released 5 days ago.

May 29, 2015 8:01 PM

Nov 2007
Otabana said:

Roast my raisins. She said it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 29, 2015 8:58 PM
Dec 2008
Otabana said:

Talk about delivering the fatal killing blow.
May 29, 2015 9:39 PM
Jan 2015
gnodab said:
Otabana said:

I think most people already knew how the novel was going to turn out. The anime however has done well to promote the relationship between Kumiko and Reina, and very little to promote Kumiko and Shuuichi. With the focus being on Kumiko and Reina and also the the little things like the love song Kumiko and Reina played together, it makes a good case that KyoAni will go original and not follow the novel completely.
May 29, 2015 9:50 PM

Apr 2015
Otabana said:

shanimebib said:

Roast my raisins. She said it!

gnodab said:

CHEERS! Now, let's buy those awesome books.

Now, others can only hope for an anime original ending.
RPSB9May 29, 2015 10:30 PM
#CHEXIT
May 29, 2015 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
Hopefully not. I usually don't mind Shoujo Ai but I wouldn't want to see anything related to the genre in this show. I would like to see some romance between Kumiko and Shuichi. Though it's kinda hard considering how uninterested Kumiko seems to be regarding the guy. As for Reina, I don't see the need for her to have a love interest, at least now. She's fine like that. And I don't think she likes sensei, I'm pretty sure she's heading more in the 'admiration' way.

May 29, 2015 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
gissellebatista said:
Hopefully not. I usually don't mind Shoujo Ai but I wouldn't want to see anything related to the genre in this show. I would like to see some romance between Kumiko and Shuichi. Though it's kinda hard considering how uninterested Kumiko seems to be regarding the guy. As for Reina, I don't see the need for her to have a love interest, at least now. She's fine like that. And I don't think she likes sensei, I'm pretty sure she's heading more in the 'admiration' way.

Reina likes Kumiko.
Coronavirus.
May 29, 2015 10:34 PM
Dec 2008
Tath said:

I think most people already knew how the novel was going to turn out. The anime however has done well to promote the relationship between Kumiko and Reina, and very little to promote Kumiko and Shuuichi. With the focus being on Kumiko and Reina and also the the little things like the love song Kumiko and Reina played together, it makes a good case that KyoAni will go original and not follow the novel completely.

I was actually quite skeptical about the spoilers until Otabana's post which was the nail in the coffin for me.

As for the anime, it's still not over there's like 5(?) more episodes to go and they can easily develop Shuichi x Kumiko, and you can't say that it would be forced or out of nowhere since the hints are there.
May 30, 2015 12:11 AM
Jan 2015
gnodab said:
Tath said:

I was actually quite skeptical about the spoilers until Otabana's post which was the nail in the coffin for me.

As for the anime, it's still not over there's like 5(?) more episodes to go and they can easily develop Shuichi x Kumiko, and you can't say that it would be forced or out of nowhere since the hints are there.

Yeah, it drfinitely makes it harder for the anime, that's for sure.

However, I don't see how it works to spend 8 episodes of focusing more on Kumiko and Reina than they had to and spending less on Kumiko and Shuuichi than they should have, then spending the remaining 5 developing an actual romance. How is it that these "hints" you speak are more credible than the stuff between Kumiko and Reina? I understand they are only developing the first novel (not sure if that is true), so we aren't going to see a lot of the story that is out so far, but at this point it just seems lopsided to me.
May 30, 2015 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
^ As far as I know and saw... at 8 episode isn't exactly ALL about the two.... >_>

As if they're the only cast LOL. Unless, the others only see the two and the other casts just characters with no faces.

Seriously, let's wait for episode 9.
RPSB9May 30, 2015 1:01 AM
#CHEXIT
May 30, 2015 12:31 AM

Mar 2013
Can we have just straight romance for once?
I like the idea of Shuichi x Kumiko.
And the idea of Taki-sensei x Reina seems gross.

Hope he has a wife or something.
May 30, 2015 12:56 AM
Dec 2008
Tath said:
]
However, I don't see how it works to spend 8 episodes of focusing more on Kumiko and Reina than they had to and spending less on Kumiko and Shuuichi than they should have, then spending the remaining 5 developing an actual romance. How is it that these "hints" you speak are more credible than the stuff between Kumiko and Reina? I understand they are only developing the first novel (not sure if that is true), so we aren't going to see a lot of the story that is out so far, but at this point it just seems lopsided to me.

I'm not saying that it's more credible than the stuff between Kumiko and Reina though. Episode 8 was definitely a strong development for that ship that it would be completely believable if they hook up there and then. All I am saying is that Kumiko and Shuchii isn't completely out of the race either. The strongest hint is probably when she sends him off to Hazuki and then feels regret after doing so; she tightly grips Reina's arm and appears to have forgotten her existence since she doesn't even bother to explain what happened.
May 30, 2015 3:04 AM
Nov 2014
8 episodes and volume 1 has not yet been completely adapted. I read some summaries, volume 1 focuses on Kumiko and Reina's relationship and how that inspires Kumiko to perform better in the band. Kumiko realized his feelings for Shuichi in volume 3 which will probably never be adapted. Besides romance is not really important in the novel.
daerduidMay 30, 2015 3:07 AM
May 30, 2015 3:38 AM

Apr 2015
daerduid said:
8 episodes and volume 1 has not yet been completely adapted. I read some summaries, volume 1 focuses on Kumiko and Reina's relationship and how that inspires Kumiko to perform better in the band. Kumiko realized his feelings for Shuichi in volume 3 which will probably never be adapted. Besides romance is not really important in the novel.

Don't really care. My ship won.
#CHEXIT
May 30, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2009
I wish it was, but I read some spoilers that said that Kumiko confessed to the guy...
May 30, 2015 8:12 AM
Jan 2013
I just hope that KyoAni will go with the anime original ending route, since they probably won't animate the whole novel anyway. From what I read, the anime contains way more yuri hints than the novel (I mean, they are even connected by the red string of fate in the ED), so there's a chance. I know it's unlikely and will most likely not happen, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs
May 30, 2015 8:23 AM

Mar 2015
Was KyoAni's 'FREE!' series shounen-ai?

Here you have your answer!
May 31, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2014
Sooo, what I'm about to write is based on a source on Dynasty Scans with "first-hand knowledge due to [their] connections". There are some "speculations backed by knowledge and educated connections" about where things might be headed and why things happened the way they did but I guess you'll be able to tell by reading.

Spoilers about volume 4:

Now as I said, there are quite some speculations in there but the person doing the thinking on those speculations has a very good track record with their predictions and analyses. So I might as well post them just so that santolaguna can freak out again.
May 31, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
OriginalGengar said:
So I might as well post them just so that santolaguna can freak out again.

Edmond B would perhaps say in this very moment: "I have only one word for you — Macbeth." XD

Anyways guys, I had tons of fun being active in the Hibike! threads for the past few days. I probably won't show up again in these threads until after next week because I will be flying for work next Tuesday.

Despite of boarding different ships, we all kind of agree on one thing though that the anime has made great strides in the last couple of episodes.

Good luck with all of your ships. ;)
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2015 8:32 PM

Apr 2015
OriginalGengar said:
Sooo, what I'm about to write is based on a source on Dynasty Scans with "first-hand knowledge due to [their] connections". There are some "speculations backed by knowledge and educated connections" about where things might be headed and why things happened the way they did but I guess you'll be able to tell by reading.

Spoilers about volume 4:

Now as I said, there are quite some speculations in there but the person doing the thinking on those speculations has a very good track record with their predictions and analyses. So I might as well post them just so that santolaguna can freak out again.

Speculation 1 : Kumiko loves Shuichi ----> No. They have no chemistry. LOL

Speculation 2 : Kumiko will confess to Shuichi -----> No. They will break up. They have no chemistry. LOL

Speculation 3 : Kumiko will marry Shiuchi -----> No. They will divorced because they have no chemistry. LOL

Speculation 4: Kumiko will have sex with Shuichi -----> It's just sex. What important is the heart. They have no chemistry so they'll break up. LOL

Speculations will never die.....
#CHEXIT
May 31, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2014
ill take my loss cuz the source material did go as far as to prove its not yuri at all

but kyoani owns the rights and they can do whatever they want with this adaption

that being said they probably wont make it yuri anyways

but if this type of relationship continues in the anime to the point where its only them too showing interest than it should be labeled as shoujo ai

but if the later episodes diverge from the yuri subtext then this show is just another romance
May 31, 2015 9:41 PM
Dec 2008
OriginalGengar said:
snip

I guess Kumiko uttering 'I love you too, Shuichi' and the fact that novel has already ended isnt enough to convince people.
May 31, 2015 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
OriginalGengar said:

Spoilers about volume 4:

That's very interesting. There are so many people throwing things around despite not having read the novels in their entirety and without proper context, it's nice to hear from a more credible source for once.

That said, I am inclined to believe Shuichi and Kumiko do get together in the novels but based on what I have heard, there may be more surrounding the story. Regardless, I only care about what happens in the anime anyway. I'm happy to accept the pairing in the novels as long the anime does not end the same.

Tath said:
gnodab said:

And this+++++
May 31, 2015 10:08 PM
Dec 2008
Kumiko reciprocating Shuichi's feelings happen in the epilogue of vol 4. You can keep grasping at straws if you want to.
May 31, 2015 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
Ga_Laxy said:
OriginalGengar said:

Spoilers about volume 4:

That's very interesting. There are so many people throwing things around despite not having read the novels in their entirety and without proper context, it's nice to hear from a more credible source for once.

That said, I am inclined to believe Shuichi and Kumiko do get together in the novels but based on what I have heard, there may be more surrounding the story. Regardless, I only care about what happens in the anime anyway. I'm happy to accept the pairing in the novels as long the anime does not end the same.

Tath said:

And this+++++

Yours are just speculations. We can interpret it differently and confident since we have facts that support it.
#CHEXIT
May 31, 2015 11:12 PM
Jan 2015
People here are missing content of development for Shuichi, for now he is just a guy who likes Kumiko, gossips around, says "Usss" and speaks in to beard.

That said it is obvious after episode 8 that Shuichi will get help and get pushed on to Kumiko and we yet are to see how Kumiko will react to all this and that will be when I will be making my decision how she feels about Shuichi or do indeed they have some chemistry going on. We got now only points of story, but I still can not see a reason for all that.

I do not mind Shuichi x Kumiko, nor Reina x Kumiko as long there is needed development for it to be, but for now there is like only Kumiko grasping Reinas hand tighter that is in favor for Shuichi(and that you can account to everything your heart desires....). And I do know that people tend to misunderstand novels and when they do try to retell the story and when you read it on it owns it always end up different to what you imagine it, because they do get the breaking points right, but for reason why they just.... sometimes they end up missing out completely the whole story.

+ I must say that Kumiko somewhat resembles Nanako Misonoo, so I would not be surprised if there are twists as mentioned above, but i highly doubt that. Thats it, now we all gotta do is wait for the development.
May 31, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
Imeon said:

Yours are just speculations. We can interpret it differently and confident since we have facts that support it.

I never denied your facts nor have I ever claimed my thoughts are anything other than speculations. However, my speculations are based on what's been happening in the anime. I chime in when people discuss novel spoilers because I've heard several different accounts of the story but otherwise I do not really care for the novels.

My point is and always has been, the chance of relationships being left open, for Kumiko x Reina to remain subtext heavy by the time the anime ends is not impossible.

I reinterate.

Ga_Laxy said:

"When the decision was made for the novel to be adapted into an anime series, only the first novel was published. That was used as the base for the series and modifications were made. What happens in the novels after that are not guaranteed to occur in the anime series"

Whatever happens in the novels is another story to me and I still maintain the belief it's mainly the events of volume 1 that will influence the course of the anime. If KyoAni decides to adapt the last parts of the novels (which I can only see being feasible if this is 2-cour) and go childhood friend route, I'll accept that even if I wish otherwise.
May 31, 2015 11:32 PM

Apr 2015
Ga_Laxy said:
Imeon said:

I never denied your facts nor have I ever claimed my thoughts are anything other than speculations. However, my speculations are based on what's been happening in the anime. I chime in when people discuss novel spoilers because I've heard several different accounts of the story but otherwise I do not really care for the novels.

My point is and always has been, the chance of relationships being left open, for Kumiko x Reina to remain subtext heavy by the time the anime ends is not impossible.

I reinterate.

Ok, if the anime suddenly follows the novel ( Shuichi starts moving to Kumiko and she starts to show signs of "liking" him), will we expect a "It's forced, it's definitely forced" shouting at episode 9? I'm pretty much expecting a rage and just can't help but laugh.
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
Imeon said:
Ga_Laxy said:

I reinterate.

Ok, if the anime suddenly follows the novel ( Shuichi starts moving to Kumiko and she starts to show signs of "liking" him), will we expect a "It's forced, it's definitely forced" shouting at episode 9? I'm pretty much expecting a rage and just can't help but laugh.

Given the recent events in the anime, I'd expect some will react that way and I don't think it's entirely unreasonable if they do. For me at least, I'm currently much more invested in Kumiko x Reina and feel there hasn't been as much significant buildup for Shuichi. Whether or not it will feel forced depends on how KyoAni handles it. For all I know, they could get me to like Kumiko and Shuichi in the coming episodes (it'll take a miracle but hey, could happen).
I'm not one to go into full blown rage because my ship didn't work out. Not like I had any expectations other than hoping for more moments like ep. 8 between the two. If the ship sinks, I'll be sad but that's that.
Jun 1, 2015 2:15 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, yeah I get it that Reina x Reina will never ever happen and I get it that you hate yuri that's why you keep on repeating yourself.
ck12Jun 1, 2015 2:33 AM
Jun 1, 2015 6:43 AM
Jan 2015
Alright, after some digging and comparing sources I can finally set some final thoughts. It looks like that kyoAni altered many scenes in favor for Reina, like cheek/lips, Shuichi forgiving Kumiko at the bank side for calling her ugly while in middle school and not to mention Kumiko herself acts differently around Shuichi.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1433005025303.jpg

I mean look at the scene, she looks flustered and agreeing to until she remembers hazuki. And it's the same for novel and anime was only one that played that scene vaguely.

What to say... haven't watch Tamako so i am not accustomed to this kind of asspulling. Don't know what is the point of all that, why alter so much, in favor for who, I just hope that kyoani get itself together and grow some spine rather then playing dirty.
private_eyeJun 1, 2015 6:46 AM
Jun 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2014
You know, I wrote that those were speculations like 3 times but I guess if the possibility for bitching about it presents itself, then you gotta bicth about it.
You can look around the internet and pretty much find 10 different sets of facts about Hibike so I just posted what I found cause it kinda fits the thread. I'd rather trust the source that seems like a reasonable person than the one that obviously has a huge bias against yuri though.

But well, basically it's like this:
[quote=Ga-Laxy]If the ship sinks, I'll be sad but that's that.[/spoiler]
I really don't see why the het crowd makes such a big deal out of it. Not like your enjoyment of the novel/anime is dependant on some random yuri fan's OTP.

that said:
I hope you do not freak out and create your fanwank and delusions and try to force it on others.

Well, obviously now I'm gonna do it.

Aaaanyways, I'm actually in the yuri fan base and I never see people attacking or diminishing Shuuichi or that Tamako Market dude. Sure, people do attack Tusk but if your main character trait is having a magnetic face then you're kinda putting yourself out there.

Lastly, genre tags on MAL don't mean anything. Hanamonogatari doesn't have a yuri tag, Samurai Flamenco doesn't have one, Loveless doesn't have one. I actually didn't know people still trusted those.
And Mai-Hime has a yuri tag so obviously being the MC doesn't even matter.
Jun 1, 2015 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
Tamako was different, it was more one sided and the MC was pretty much indifferent toward romance, so it wasn't really OOC for them to go the normal route there.

I haven't watched all of KyoAni's works, but it does seem to me like they're really testing the water with how much they are playing up Kumiko's feelings towards Reina. As if they want to see if canon yuri will be well received or perhaps seeing just how far they can push this teasing without committing to anything.

The producers know what they're making the audience expect, and they're intentionally adding fuel to the fire. Just take a look at the comment from the episode 8 director.

そして、麗奈と久美子も友情?が大きく深まりました。
“And, Reina and Kumiko’s friendship(?) greatly deepens.”
Jun 1, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2014
There are plenty of reviews for volume 3 and volume 4 (final volume with SS)

Jun 1, 2015 8:20 AM
May 2015
[quote=OriginalGengar]You know, I wrote that those were speculations like 3 times but I guess if the possibility for bitching about it presents itself, then you gotta bicth about it.
You can look around the internet and pretty much find 10 different sets of facts about Hibike so I just posted what I found cause it kinda fits the thread. I'd rather trust the source that seems like a reasonable person than the one that obviously has a huge bias against yuri though.

But well, basically it's like this:
Ga-Laxy said:
If the ship sinks, I'll be sad but that's that.[/spoiler]
I really don't see why the het crowd makes such a big deal out of it. Not like your enjoyment of the novel/anime is dependant on some random yuri fan's OTP.

that said:
I hope you do not freak out and create your fanwank and delusions and try to force it on others.

Well, obviously now I'm gonna do it.

Aaaanyways, I'm actually in the yuri fan base and I never see people attacking or diminishing Shuuichi or that Tamako Market dude. Sure, people do attack Tusk but if your main character trait is having a magnetic face then you're kinda putting yourself out there.

Lastly, genre tags on MAL don't mean anything. Hanamonogatari doesn't have a yuri tag, Samurai Flamenco doesn't have one, Loveless doesn't have one. I actually didn't know people still trusted those.
And Mai-Hime has a yuri tag so obviously being the MC doesn't even matter.

Here scenes Hyōka between Irisu Fuyumi and Eru Chitanda
also they threw fire.
It is regrettable the yuri fans do not give up their delusions.
no doubt we can not know that raves more and creates fanwank, the fanboys Slaine or yuri fans.

fans of yuri fanart

KyoAni always do this on their anime to mock the fans of yuri

MelonMilk said:
Tamako was different, it was more one sided and the MC was pretty much indifferent toward romance, so it wasn't really OOC for them to go the normal route there.

I haven't watched all of KyoAni's works, but it does seem to me like they're really testing the water with how much they are playing up Kumiko's feelings towards Reina. As if they want to see if canon yuri will be well received or perhaps seeing just how far they can push this teasing without committing to anything.

The producers know what they're making the audience expect, and they're intentionally adding fuel to the fire. Just take a look at the comment from the episode 8 director.

clear is easier escape from reality than face facts, believes that the people who share the same tastes and delirium.
Would raw nine I put you 4 volumes.
You can joins the delirious club Slaine and their fanart with Princessa, both rave things that never happened.
Face it ceases to be a child.

Kuruba said:
In Volume 3 Kumiko said to Asuka she has a boyfriend and it's only in the last short story of volume 4 where we hear kumiko confessed her love to shuichi (just before the final concert)

It is no use telling the truth, shows real evidence, the yuri fans are like Slaine of fans continued their delusions to the end, believing in their lies and delusions fanwank
Jun 1, 2015 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
santolaguna said:

Kuruba said:
In Volume 3 Kumiko said to Asuka she has a boyfriend and it's only in the last short story of volume 4 where we hear kumiko confessed her love to shuichi (just before the final concert)

It is no use telling the truth, shows real evidence, the yuri fans are like Slaine of fans continued their delusions to the end, believing in their lies and delusions fanwank

Vol.3:

First review: あすか先輩が人の温もりを手に入れた♪…全国大会を控えて盛り上がる北宇治高校の吹部は波乱が待っていた!…相変わらすコンクールの舞台での緊張感の描写がいいですね~。読んでるこっちまでドキドキしてしまいます。今回の主役はあすか先輩だよね?久美子も三部作通して最大の見せ場があったけど…あすか先輩が全部持って行ってしまった…ラストに タイトルが出てくることよりも秀一と付き合うことにしたんだいうことに驚き

Second review: 2巻から1カ月で出たのでアニメ化に間に合わせたのかな?って思ったけれど満足した!!ついに全国大会前で三年にとっては受験と重なって大変な時期。超人なあすか先輩の人間らしい感じ、そして周りの先輩たちの思いも見えました。今回はあすか先輩の存在の大きさがとても伝わる。  今まであまり語られなかった滝先生の事も語られてます。そして思わない形で麗奈ちゃんは思いを告げられた…グッ!  久美子と秀一は予想はしていたけれど幼馴染→恋人 になってました。とりあえず一区切り。これで完結なのかな

Confirmation Shuichi and Kumiko are dating.

Volume 4 summary (short stories happening between Volume 1 and Volume 3)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ahusahum/archives/31583152.html

十四 とある冬の日

秀一が久美子に告白するお話で、
最後の短編という事もあって、この巻一番の見所かと。

3年卒業時には既に付き合ってる状況だったみたいですし、
この告白で彼氏、彼女になったという理解で良いんでしょうかね。

Generally people are happy with their relationship
久美子と秀一の関係に進展があったことに安堵しました。

confession:
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2141342488162264901
Jun 1, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
private_eye said:
Alright, after some digging and comparing sources I can finally set some final thoughts. It looks like that kyoAni altered many scenes in favor for Reina, like cheek/lips, Shuichi forgiving Kumiko at the bank side for calling her ugly while in middle school and not to mention Kumiko herself acts differently around Shuichi.

I mean look at the scene, she looks flustered and agreeing to until she remembers hazuki. And it's the same for novel and anime was only one that played that scene vaguely.

What to say... haven't watch Tamako so i am not accustomed to this kind of asspulling. Don't know what is the point of all that, why alter so much, in favor for who, I just hope that kyoani get itself together and grow some spine rather then playing dirty.

They're just baiting for God's sake!!!!!

MelonMilk said:

yeah, and they'll have sex.
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2015 12:51 PM
Jan 2015
Imeon said:
private_eye said:

Well that's the whole point, why waste that all production value on a mere bait with 0 substance, this isn't some VN that needs to have obligatory "give me mana sex scene" i ask again for who are these scenes aiming, why they couldn't have normal romance, the scene wouldn't be any less worse if it's shuichi instead of reina on top of that hill, it would still be good, why waste all that with a mere bait and degrade your own product.
Jun 1, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
private_eye said:
Imeon said:

Well that's the whole point, why waste that all production value on a mere bait with 0 substance, this isn't some VN that needs to have obligatory "give me mana sex scene" i ask again for who are these scenes aiming, why they couldn't have normal romance, the scene wouldn't be any less worse if it's shuichi instead of reina on top of that hill, it would still be good, why waste all that with a mere bait and degrade your own product.

Because this is Kyoani.

Kyoani is a master baiter and you guys fell for it again. Not for the 1st, 2nd or even 3 time. Changing the pairing will flip the adaptation 180 degrees. It'll like challenging the novel. If this sells, the novel won't sell because of the huge difference it'll do. I bet the author won't allow such huge deviation [ if it any] and have it go any further than what we saw.

I'm confident that Kyoani will leave the "yuri" as purely subtext since, making it full yuri is a complete contradiction to the original. The most likely ending for this season probably is an open end, since as far as the noel is concern. Shuichi's development and confession happen later it on. But still, I think Kyoani will give the viewers a hint that Kumiko has an eye for Shuichi at the end of the season.
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2013
Otabana said:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW I HAVE TO FIND A TRANSLATED VERSION HAH!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2015 2:48 PM
Jan 2015
Imeon said:
Because this is Kyoani.

Haven't really answered my question, does the bait add to your value, was it necessary that you think it has increased the sales with it.

I personally am baffled and confused, characters without head and tails on boundaries free of imagination, playing on two fronts with a certain winner seems kinda doll and unnecessary.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

454 by Max98 »»
Apr 29, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

395 by filoshi »»
Apr 27, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.