Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2015 2:35 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
LordBanana said:
If there's anything i learned from this movie, is that Kishi can't write a romance story.
IIRC, Kishi didn't write this. He just came up with a concept and drew the characters, everything else was left to the producer -- just like RTN.

Kishi overlooked it to make it canon.

He´s the one that insisted on the children getting together with 18+.
The sole reason for the timeskip was Kishi.
The scarf was also his idea and the proposal coming from Naruto.

However I thought the Movie was sweet if anything and I loved the shit out of the DBZ fight. If you like Naruto and expect a romance not a bromance which we had for 700 chapters you gonna like this.

If you´re a whiney bitch who complaints about the lack of action/Sasuke in a Movie that was advertised as a "first love" and expect Zabuza Ninja hiding action after the war arc, then sorry but you´re retarded and your expectations are delusional.
Worst of all you´re a whiney bitch that complains about a Movie he refused to pay for.
Jul 24, 2015 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
I haven't watch Naruto Shippuuden the series for over 7-8 years so I wasn't sure what was going on. But when my brother told me to watch this movie coz it's "the last" and it shows who Naruto ends up with, I was itching to watch it.

I'm ecstatic he ends up with Hinata!! Even though she has weird eyes, she was always my girl (excluding the the girls from the other Naruto movies). I know most people here preferred action and less romance (or more shounen than shoujo), I opted for more romance. That's why I found this movie to be enjoyable. I just wished for even more romance! :P
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 24, 2015 9:05 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:
IIRC, Kishi didn't write this. He just came up with a concept and drew the characters, everything else was left to the producer -- just like RTN.

Kishi overlooked it to make it canon.

He´s the one that insisted on the children getting together with 18+.
The sole reason for the timeskip was Kishi.
The scarf was also his idea and the proposal coming from Naruto.

However I thought the Movie was sweet if anything and I loved the shit out of the DBZ fight. If you like Naruto and expect a romance not a bromance which we had for 700 chapters you gonna like this.

If you´re a whiney bitch who complaints about the lack of action/Sasuke in a Movie that was advertised as a "first love" and expect Zabuza Ninja hiding action after the war arc, then sorry but you´re retarded and your expectations are delusional.
Worst of all you´re a whiney bitch that complains about a Movie he refused to pay for.
Why are you like... attacking me? I didn't even give my two cents of the movie -- 'cause I haven't even watched it -- so why'd you have a mindsnap towards me? Lol, dafuq's happening..?
Jul 24, 2015 9:19 AM
Apr 2015
It was a decent movie as a finale. Not as bad as some of the posts making it out to be. 7/10
Jul 24, 2015 9:19 AM

May 2010
Well, for sure it was better than that debacle with Kaguya, although this wasn't hard to achieve. It gives some additional closure, which is pretty good itself. Villain himself was rather bland and very typical for filler movies/episodes. Main gripe is that he was allowed to live, after all that he has done. There are some plotholes, as it wasn't explained how he alone survived, while rest of his clan died out. Not to mention how they were able to live on the moon, but it's better just not to think about it too much.
Jul 24, 2015 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
yeah always weak at story

but, at least i still enjoyed the movie
Jul 24, 2015 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed the movie. I don't get why they put Sasuke on the poster if he was only going the show up twice, but that's not a big issue. I am especially happy that Naruto got with Hinata, I have been rooting for her throughout the entire series. As for the other points in the movie, just as Arcling said "it's better just not to think about it too much".
Jul 24, 2015 11:58 PM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:

Why are you like... attacking me? I didn't even give my two cents of the movie -- 'cause I haven't even watched it -- so why'd you have a mindsnap towards me? Lol, dafuq's happening..?[/quote]

You´ve must severly misunderstood me due to semantics.

When I said If "you" are I was generalizing.
Specifically portraying audience members and their expectations to the Movie.

As in the sentece: If you are gay you like other man in a sexual way.
Or the opposite: If you´re however not gay but straight you like women.

Everything else was just clarifying your misinformation regarding Kishimoto and his impact on the Movie. It´s true that he didn´t write it, but that would implie that he had no real influence which he did.
Hope this clarified the misunderstanding and sorry for feeling offended.
IsterioJul 25, 2015 12:04 AM
Jul 25, 2015 12:02 AM
Oct 2013
Arcling said:
Well, for sure it was better than that debacle with Kaguya, although this wasn't hard to achieve. It gives some additional closure, which is pretty good itself. Villain himself was rather bland and very typical for filler movies/episodes. Main gripe is that he was allowed to live, after all that he has done. There are some plotholes, as it wasn't explained how he alone survived, while rest of his clan died out. Not to mention how they were able to live on the moon, but it's better just not to think about it too much.

The how they lived on the moon part is quite easy to answer.
We know everything is powered by Tenseigan within the moon.

It can power an artifical sun for crying out loud, and you could see a caged bird in a castle scene meaning that animal live is supported.

They most likely did some terraforming, after all Hamura is capable of "creation of all things" he can imagine shit and create it out of Chakra.
Jul 25, 2015 6:30 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:

Why are you like... attacking me? I didn't even give my two cents of the movie -- 'cause I haven't even watched it -- so why'd you have a mindsnap towards me? Lol, dafuq's happening..?

You´ve must severly misunderstood me due to semantics.

When I said If "you" are I was generalizing.
Specifically portraying audience members and their expectations to the Movie.

As in the sentece: If you are gay you like other man in a sexual way.
Or the opposite: If you´re however not gay but straight you like women.

Everything else was just clarifying your misinformation regarding Kishimoto and his impact on the Movie. It´s true that he didn´t write it, but that would implie that he had no real influence which he did.
Hope this clarified the misunderstanding and sorry for feeling offended.

Well, that clears things up. Thought the rest of your post was directed to the others, but just wanted to make sure. I wasn't offended, I was just confused; at first I thought maybe I shitposted on an earlier page -- since I don't like NaruHina -- but then when I found out I didn't, I was startled.

I guess the actual reason I responded in such a way was because I'm used to seeing those kind of replies in a different format. E.G.
Oh well, not that it matters now. Thanks for informing about Kishi's role. BTW, since we're on this subject, would you know Kishi's role in RtN? Did he just greenlight that or did he have some other implications?
ziggy_ZJul 25, 2015 6:38 AM
Jul 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
I really liked the movie and the credits, naruhina marriage...dem feels :'( Looks like my childhood anime ended with this movie and im glad to see naruto growing like that and be happy with hinata :)
The only bad thing for me was that rushed confession i mean it didnt feel like it was the right moment and the atmosphere wasnt that fitting at all...naruto should have confessed at the end that would look better after the fight with toneri...
Also the part where sakura said that he loved her because he didnt want to lose against sasuke well...
At first it looks like Kishi didnt know how to explain naruhina because we could always see how he felt about sakura in part 1, but in shippuuden naruto changed a bit, he matured and his feelings towards her dissapeared from time to time atleast it seemed like that to me...she was more like a childhood crash und after naruto saw hinatas memories and that there was someone who cared for him those years where he was all alone he finally understood what real love is.

10/10 for me
Kakuja21Jul 26, 2015 3:08 AM
Jul 25, 2015 1:00 PM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
]Oh well, not that it matters now. Thanks for informing about Kishi's role. BTW, since we're on this subject, would you know Kishi's role in RtN? Did he just greenlight that or did he have some other implications?

Gladly, Overall Kishimoto always greenlights anything, he has no real influence over filler since drawing Naruto took most of his time. But there was one occurunce where he got into a fight with Pierrot, because they spoiled the character of Raiga, who later appeared in a flashback in the Manga. He never wrote the script for/directed any of the Movies, but since he overlooked the script for "The Last" and changed it, it can be put into the Naruto canon and.fits within the timeline has events in it that can be considered canon.

As for Road to Ninja, he drew the promotional comic but wasn´t the writer.
The storyline makes no canonical sense in many ways "timeline wise," ability wise and Naruto and Sakura behave out of character, (Naruto insulting Ichiraku?).However Sakura´s parents character designs and characteristics are canon and created by Kishimoto as a way of introducing them, because he never found an oppurtunity to introduce them in the manga. Their ranks and affiliations are canon too. Sakura comes from a lowclass Ninja family therefore she is somewhat of a prodigy.

He didn´t wrote "The Will of Fire". But he mentioned in an interview that people should watch the Movie because of it´s message and that it fits his ideals for the Naruto canon. By the end here is a small message on a black screen that says "True peace and happyness can never be accomplished through the sacrifice of others.

To summarize it Kishimoto has acknowledged all of the Novels as canon. Some of them have the missing development for a few characters.
The Last and Boruto the Movie.
IsterioJul 25, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 26, 2015 12:11 AM

May 2013
10/10

A fitting end for a masterpiece. The Best Naruto the Movie.
Jul 26, 2015 3:14 AM
May 2014
Watched the movie. While some of the action sequences were fine, the whole story wasn't enjoyable. The pairing felt forced. From the beginning I never really wanted an ending where Naruto ended with anyone, but even Sakura would have made a little more sense than this movie. What was the point of the scene where Naruto called out Sakura's lie if this movie would basically make him out to be a hypocrite when he admitted he only pretended to like her as part of the rivalry with Sasuke? Sasuke never showed any interest in Sakura until the last chapter, so turning her into a trophy makes even less sense. Naruto might as well have been trying to win the affections of all girls and not just Sakura if it was really just for the sake of rivalry with Sasuke.

Naruto somehow made shadow clones (albeit miniature) when he was younger. Doesn't that contradict the beginning of the series?

Hinata had some good moments in the series. In the movie she relied too much on Naruto. I really hoped she'd show more confidence and be able to defend herself better.

Also, their kids should've had Byakugans...it bothers me that they don't.

Some good points about the movie. It was nice seeing the characters again. It was enjoyable seeing the other kages specifically, and Killer Bee being at the wedding. The beginning sequence was good as well.

What I like about post movie material: Sarada seems to be a pretty decent character from the little I saw in the side story. I'm curious to hear Himawari being voiced by Hayami.

Theory that is most likely untrue: Mitsuki is actually Toneri's son, and Toneri somehow ends up finding a wife even though he basically banished himself to be alone on the moon forever.
Jul 26, 2015 6:51 AM

May 2013
kshin172 said:
Watched the movie. While some of the action sequences were fine, the whole story wasn't enjoyable. The pairing felt forced. From the beginning I never really wanted an ending where Naruto ended with anyone, but even Sakura would have made a little more sense than this movie. What was the point of the scene where Naruto called out Sakura's lie if this movie would basically make him out to be a hypocrite when he admitted he only pretended to like her as part of the rivalry with Sasuke? Sasuke never showed any interest in Sakura until the last chapter, so turning her into a trophy makes even less sense. Naruto might as well have been trying to win the affections of all girls and not just Sakura if it was really just for the sake of rivalry with Sasuke.

He never admitted he loved Sakura because he wanted to compete Sasuke. Only Sakura mentioned it, whether it's true or not is never confirmed.

kshin172 said:
Naruto somehow made shadow clones (albeit miniature) when he was younger. Doesn't that contradict the beginning of the series?

He should have used Bunshin no Jutsu, instead of Kage Bunshin no Jutsu because that's what they learned in academy. He could summon a clone but that clone is lifeless, pretty much same failure. I don't know why they could make this mistake.

kshin172 said:
Hinata had some good moments in the series. In the movie she relied too much on Naruto. I really hoped she'd show more confidence and be able to defend herself better.

I don't believe Hinata could do anything against an Ootsuki with some wierd chakra-sucking jutsu.

kshin172 said:
Also, their kids should've had Byakugans...it bothers me that they don't.

Confirmed yet?
Jul 26, 2015 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
It would have been much better if they forewent the whole huge moon earth destruction plot. None of it made much sense, way too much impossible physics. Destroying the moon with that cannon would have been a horrible idea.

Focus on the small scale character interactions.
Jul 27, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2013
Naruto is ugly while Toneri has the best voice and looks awesome so...
I was actually shipping Toneri and Hinata... until he told her to shut up and eat. lol
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 27, 2015 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
This was basically huge fanservice for all those NaruHina fans...
Made Hinata into a ditz, going into spider webs, trippin up on landings blah blah All to make those moment with Naruto fanservice fanservice fanservice.

...But i still loved it. NARUHINA BABYYY
8/10

Also Ino is a friggen babe holy
Jul 27, 2015 1:10 AM
Oct 2013
pkKodama said:
Naruto is ugly while Toneri has the best voice and looks awesome so...
I was actually shipping Toneri and Hinata... until he told her to shut up and eat. lol

Toneri looks borderline shemale, or at least somehow fuckable, while Naruto looks like a decent manly guy with some retarded whiskers in the face.
If I was Hinata I´d go for Naruto just by looks. Furthemore Toneri is a bitch, he also abducted her sister, tried to force her into marriage and kill her whole family and everyone else on earth.

But fuck it, he´s a good prison bitch, so let´s give him a pass because he´d make a good manwhore.
Jul 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
Just finished the movie and wow, DBZ level fight on the moon xD
I enjoyed the movie overall. It had it's flaws, it wasn't even close to perfection, but was still really enjoyable.
Don't give a s*it if sasuke or the kages only had brief appearences. That was not the theme of the movie, don't really care for the kages(non-hokage) besides Gaara and for Sasuke I'll wait for Boruto's movie.

However I still have 4 questions about it. Hope someone can answer these seriously:

1st --> Wasn't the moon cut in half? It didn't seem like it in the jump/kiss scene =/

2nd --> If Toneri could cut the moon in half what was the reason for him not to do it with Earth? Did him need to destroy it in a different way like vaporize it all in one go or did he have to take a specific method(moon fragments falling on earth)?

3rd --> The reason for them to be breathing on the moon was cause of that yeallow barrier or something like that? Not really sure

4th --> Why did Toneri need to marry Hinata? Didn't get it
Veldin461Jul 28, 2015 3:17 PM
Jul 28, 2015 3:53 PM

Aug 2012
Damn MAL has a lot of Naruto haters. Anyways I enjoyed it for what is was except for the repetitive flashbacks.

Jul 28, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
i expected a horrible movie because of the hate it receives but damn this is a great movie after i have watch it myself, Kishimoto made a very good story with this love story and how Hamura the brother of Sage of the Sixth Path is involved in the naruto universe

its also great to see that the byakugan also has a final form of tenseigan, just like the sharingans final form is the rinnegan

the genjutsu dream between Naruto and Hinata was very memorable as well

now i understand why this movie sold so well in Japan
Jul 28, 2015 7:24 PM
Oct 2013
Veldin461 said:
Just finished the movie and wow, DBZ level fight on the moon xD
I enjoyed the movie overall. It had it's flaws, it wasn't even close to perfection, but was still really enjoyable.
Don't give a s*it if sasuke or the kages only had brief appearences. That was not the theme of the movie, don't really care for the kages(non-hokage) besides Gaara and for Sasuke I'll wait for Boruto's movie.

However I still have 4 questions about it. Hope someone can answer these seriously:

1st --> Wasn't the moon cut in half? It didn't seem like it in the jump/kiss scene

The moon splitting could only be seen by the secretary or whoever was in charge of the telescope, she had to report that to Kakashi, so it´s obvious that it´s not perceiveable with the eyes alone.

[quote]
Veldin461 said:

2nd --> If Toneri could cut the moon in half what was the reason for him not to do it with Earth? Did him need to destroy it in a different way like vaporize it all in one go or did he have to take a specific method(moon fragments falling on earth)?

[quote]
The moon in the Naruto world is exponenionally smaller than our moon and not as far away as the moon in reallife, Toneri cut a celestial body in half of the size of a small country at best, the earth is on a whole different league in terms of size.However the dinosaurs went instict after a meteorite of the size of a small city hit, the approximate force is a few thousand times that of the nuke that hit Hiroshima. It wouldn´t obliterate the earth but destroy all life on it . Tenseingan probably allows the user to use "creation of all things". Making him capable of creatng life (wood style). He didn´t intend to destroy the planet Frieza-like but too erase humanity.[quote]
Veldin461 said:

3rd --> The reason for them to be breathing on the moon was cause of that yeallow barrier or something like that? Not really sure

Veldin461 said:
There are trees and gras? We see/hear a bird in a cage within Toneri´s castle. Hinata and him eat organic food, that has to come from somewhere. I don´t think any catering company delivers to the moon

Veldin461 said:

4th --> Why did Toneri need to marry Hinata? Didn't get it

Because he wanted to repopulate the earth with her as Adam and Eve,according to some missguided prophicy, he offered Hiashi at first to take the whole clan with him, which he responded with "Imma fuck you up".
IsterioJul 28, 2015 7:35 PM
Jul 29, 2015 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
I was dissapointed. I mean, the bluray sells really well but the movie is amazingly terrible. It really make the other movies look good. The plot is predictable as hell. Generic villain and uninteresting fight. The beginning sequence and the ED is probably the only thing I like about it.

Did they even explain why Hinata is the Byakugan Princess? Nope. They just want Hinata to be important.
Kaiser-chanJul 29, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 29, 2015 8:33 AM
Jul 2015
When i watched this movie, I went into it with the folliowing expectations:
- It's a story about Naruto and Hinata's get-together, so it's going to be more romance-involved than a standard Naruto movie.
- The Naruto/Hinata development in the series was semi-pitiful; not for Hinata's growth but on the point of how Naruto felt: there was never anything that really showed her as more than a close friend (though I thought she had a better chance than Sakura by the end). They had to go from that relationship to "deep love and marriage" in a 2 hour segment, so I figured it would be choppy and have a weird explanation.

Given that, I really liked that they went this route (it could've been much worse considering the above). These are my thoughts on the main gripes people have about the movie (these are just my thoughts and opinions):

The return of Hinata's shyness: If you've ever watched a person pumped up on survival instincts and adrenaline, they act totally different than they normally would. Hinata was not at all shy during the Pain invasion and the war, but that's because she was in grave danger the entire time, which put her in a "get s***t done" mode. In the beginning of the movie there was no danger, so she regressed to her more shy nature (which wasn't nearly as bad as in Part 1). Notice that in a lot of parts of the movie where she's in a worse situation, the "get s***t done" attitude returns.

The genjutsu scene: many people didn't like that Naruto fell for Hinata so quickly, but it's not all that unreasonable I don't think. Naruto is dense and forgetful (as we've seen) so the fact that he forgot about the confession or didn't realize quite how much Hinata loved him are reasonable. I don't honestly think he had considered a potential wife until then, but after their interaction in the ruined village I think he realized that she was the type of person he wanted. At the second village where he stared at her and she was all upset, I think he realized how much he didn't like her being upset and it slapped him in the face that he was falling for her.

Scarf destroyed 3 times: I agree, the scarf abuse was too real.

Sasuke 10-second screen time: Also blew a little bit, but it was a Naruto/Hinata focused story I guess...

Toneri: I like that they added Hamura into the canon somewhere, but Toneri was an odd villian. The only time I really thought he was dope was in the final battle but other than that, they could've done better.

Naruto/Sakura feelings: I didn't mind this explanation. I used to think Naruto liked Sakura for awhile, but during the Hinata confession in the Pain invasion I started to re-think and wonder why that would be put in if there was no intention for that to progress further at some point? At that point I looked back and started realizing that Naruto probably came to a conclusion about his crush near the end of part 1 (during the promise when he gets sad that she really likes Sasuke) and their relationship becomes that of really-close siblings, although some actions could be mistaken for a love interest. With this in my head, this explanation of how his Part 1 crush originated isn't too far-fetched.

Hinata being "weak": I thought she wrecked those puppets pretty hard at one point. Obviously she's not going to be able to fight Toneri because Toneri has to be a match for Naruto. As far as her going with Toneri after Naruto's confession, that was because she needed to get close to him to find the Tenseigan and destroy it and not because she was weak or anything like that.

Scarf destruction (again): For real though, the scarf abuse.

Anyway, I would give the movie a solid 9/10. I've always preferred Naruto/Hinata and I thought this was pretty well done (again considering the large gap of relationship they had to cover in 2 hours) Could the Naruto/Hinata relationship have played out better if it were integrated into the manga, hell yes, but it is what it is and though the movie did have some really boring parts, it's definitely a good send-off in my book.
eneldiarJul 29, 2015 8:49 AM
Jul 29, 2015 3:38 PM

May 2014
I liked it.
I don't give a shit about Sasuke, just want a few NaruHina scenes and they deliver.
9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2015 9:17 PM

May 2010
Eh, it wasn't BAD, but certainly could have been much better. I wish they had focused more on the romance, not stupid ass action. This movie followed the EXACTLY same formula that previous Naruto movies did, which made it predictable and just damn unoriginal. Shame... They should have showed more of NaruHina moments, because when they did it, it was so fun to watch :/ But nope, we need another threat to the Earth, because why the fuck not. Geez.

I will admit that the last ten minutes or so were really cute, including the ending song. The epilogue with Himawari and Boruto was sooo adorable! I loved the kiss as well :3 Because of these few scenes, great soundtrack and nice animation - 7/10
Jul 30, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2012
It was actually a pretty good movie, I liked it.
Jul 30, 2015 11:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
sarroush said:

This movie is all about the scarf abuse. So many scarfs have died in the making of this film.

I'm super happy they added that aftercredits scene. Wouldve been a tad disappointed otherwise.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It wasn't "OMFG BEST THING EVER!" but it was still fun. If your main shipping isn't NaruHina then you probably won't enjoy this. If it is, steel your heart for it'll melt at times.

Antagonist wasn't all that special and the last portion felt somewhat dragged out.

But regardless, Hinata, you got your perfect ending. I'm so happy for you ;___;

Sasuke shouldn't even be in the poster. He's present for all of 30 seconds.

I agree with all of this. Lol at the scarf abuse XD Poor Hinata having to fix it and remake it. There was a cute line about how Hinata's love can't be unraveled even if the scarf did (or something like that). And the aftercredits scene was super adorable, I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. Been shipping NaruHina since I started reading the manga, so the movie was worth it for the NaruHina scenes. I shed a few tears due to nostalgic feels when Naruto and Hinata were leaving that place near the end and as they were running, they were becoming younger.

I definitely don't think this is the best Naruto movie, it was good for the cute romance and awesome fight scenes which kept making my jaw drop (them explosions). It's not a movie that makes me want to rewatch it though, at least not anytime soon. Tonrei wasn't that interesting of a villain either. After this movie though, I do feel like Naruto and Hinata really fit well together, since they're both the type to not necessarily forgive, but are willing to give the enemy a second chance.
Jul 31, 2015 12:13 AM
Oct 2013
tingy said:

I agree with all of this. Lol at the scarf abuse XD Poor Hinata having to fix it and remake it. There was a cute line about how Hinata's love can't be unraveled even if the scarf did (or something like that). And the aftercredits scene was super adorable, I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. Been shipping NaruHina since I started reading the manga, so the movie was worth it for the NaruHina scenes. I shed a few tears due to nostalgic feels when Naruto and Hinata were leaving that place near the end and as they were running, they were becoming younger.

I definitely don't think this is the best Naruto movie, it was good for the cute romance and awesome fight scenes which kept making my jaw drop (them explosions). It's not a movie that makes me want to rewatch it though, at least not anytime soon. Tonrei wasn't that interesting of a villain either. After this movie though, I do feel like Naruto and Hinata really fit well together, since they're both the type to not necessarily forgive, but are willing to give the enemy a second chance.

Have you seen any other Naruto Movie? Because they are alongside the One Piece Movies below average.
Especially because they end up all the same and are completely inconsistent.
The one good thing about Shippuden Movie 1 is Rock Lee.
The one good thing about Movie 3 is it´s message.

I could go on. Every Naruto Movie deserves objectively a 4-5.The Last a 7 for having only 1 plothole while the others don´t even have a place in the timeline. While enjoyment is subjective I´d like to know which Movie is better in your opinion and why.

Worst of all, they literally end the same besides this one. Naruto with Rainbow/Darkness Rasengan charging the enemie after everyone else loses to them. Oh I forgott to mention that he saves some random girl in all of them that "kinda" falls in love with him.
Jul 31, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
man, this was fucking bad
boring, stupid, I wouldn't recommend it even to naru hina fans
3/10 is pushing it
Jul 31, 2015 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
I just don't understand it at all!

Sakura told Naruto that Naruto only loved her because of his rivalry with Sasuke. What the hell? That makes no sense at all! Sakura is basically hurting Naruto when she says that he only liked her because of his rivalrly with Sasuke.

kshin172 in post #116 above makes an excellent point: Naruto might as well compete for the love of all Sasuke's fangirls. I mean, if Naruto truly loved Sakura only because of the rivalrly between him and Sasuke, then why didn't he love Ino as well. Sakura and Ino were both crazy in love with Sasuke, equally as much in pre-shippuden if you ask me. In shippuden Sakura and Ino both barely have contact with Sasuke.

I like the Naruto Hinata pairing to be honest, but it just seems so sad because I think Naruto really loved Sakura. I mean, I wouldn't mind a Naruto Sakura pairing either.

When Sakura said Naruto only loved her because of his rivalry with Sasuke, Naruto should have said that wasn't the case and he really did love her. Man, all this character development, all the missions Naruto and Sakura went through, the Kushina and Sakura comparison, it just boggles my mind.

I feel kind of sad for Hinata too, it's like she's Naruto's second choice.

What should have happened was that Naruto neither ended up with Sakura or Hinata and just met someone else. That way that other person wouldn't have been Naruto's second choice because he truly found a new love.

Still, Naruto x Hinata seems cool as well, but in the entire movie it just was horribly how it seemed that Sakura was happy that Naruto finally didn't love her anymore. It just makes no sense at all.

Also, throughout the manga/anime, how many times has Sasuke tried to KILL sakura? Wtf, their pairing makes no sense either.

If people use the argument that Naruto was just a kid etc etc when he loved Sakura or had a crush on her, isn't that equally true for Sakura?

I've come to accept and love Naruto x Hinata, but still.......Naruto x Sakura would have been very nice as well.
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Aug 1, 2015 5:03 AM
Oct 2013
Kuro-chin said:
I just don't understand it at all!

Sakura told Naruto that Naruto only loved her because of his rivalry with Sasuke. What the hell? That makes no sense at all! Sakura is basically hurting Naruto when she says that he only liked her because of his rivalrly with Sasuke.

kshin172 in post #116 above makes an excellent point: Naruto might as well compete for the love of all Sasuke's fangirls. I mean, if Naruto truly loved Sakura only because of the rivalrly between him and Sasuke, then why didn't he love Ino as well. Sakura and Ino were both crazy in love with Sasuke, equally as much in pre-shippuden if you ask me. In shippuden Sakura and Ino both barely have contact with Sasuke.

I like the Naruto Hinata pairing to be honest, but it just seems so sad because I think Naruto really loved Sakura. I mean, I wouldn't mind a Naruto Sakura pairing either.

When Sakura said Naruto only loved her because of his rivalry with Sasuke, Naruto should have said that wasn't the case and he really did love her. Man, all this character development, all the missions Naruto and Sakura went through, the Kushina and Sakura comparison, it just boggles my mind.

I feel kind of sad for Hinata too, it's like she's Naruto's second choice.

What should have happened was that Naruto neither ended up with Sakura or Hinata and just met someone else. That way that other person wouldn't have been Naruto's second choice because he truly found a new love.

Still, Naruto x Hinata seems cool as well, but in the entire movie it just was horribly how it seemed that Sakura was happy that Naruto finally didn't love her anymore. It just makes no sense at all.

Also, throughout the manga/anime, how many times has Sasuke tried to KILL sakura? Wtf, their pairing makes no sense either.

If people use the argument that Naruto was just a kid etc etc when he loved Sakura or had a crush on her, isn't that equally true for Sakura?

I've come to accept and love Naruto x Hinata, but still.......Naruto x Sakura would have been very nice as well.

Simple answer read the manga again.
There are clear momments where Kishi differentiates their relationships.

Temari and Moegi showed attraction too when they saw Sasuke, Temari openly was flustered when he talked to Gaara and was hoping for a chat with "hot guy". Got a problem with Shikatema too? We don´t know how the "fangirls" feel, they have 0 screentime.
Ino is the only one whose crush is compareable to Sakura´s, though Naruto openly stated that he finds her annoying.

Short answer he considered Hinata gloomy till Chunin exams hated Ino and choose Sakura for the competition because she loooked sweet and wasn´t annoying as Ino.

As for Sakura´s feelings ,reread Zabuza, Chunin exams and Sasuke retrieval arc, that´s where Sakura´s cursh changes into love. Ino just keeps competing because of her rivalry. But start Shippuden as soon as Sai appears she´s in for the new guy."So much for her love".

Kishi never wrote these relationships excessively, but always gave subtile notes where they were going. If you expected a Narusaku ending after chapter 615 then sorry you don´t know how writing works.
IsterioAug 1, 2015 5:06 AM
Aug 1, 2015 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
As expected with anything in the Naruto franchise, you either love it or hate it. My guess is it's closer to "like but don't want to admit", which explains the nearly 8 rating for a movie that's so hated.

I'm not saying this movie is a masterpiece but it's not nearly as bad as some made it to be. Naruto was always going to end up with Hinata anyway. Scientific flaws aside (I'll just imagine the Otsusuki's were highly advanced alien race to begin with, which would explain their and Kaguya's appearance and powers to make the moon habitable as well as creating the passage) I admit I teared up a bit at the last few scenes when Naruto and Hinata were talking while being surrounded by the memories bubble. The final nail was when the two of them running holding hands in their child form and when Hinata hugged Naruto saying she would never let go. It may be a bit cliche but a good cliche nonetheless. If you're a fan of the series (and not a NaruSaku shipper) you'd probably felt a sense of triumph after watching Hinata's struggles ever since part 1.

The biggest surprise for me though, is how mature Sakura has became during the time skip. The way she spoke and the way she acted was far more graceful than we've ever seen her. Honestly if it wasn't because Hinata was so made for Naruto, I'd be happy enough for her to end up with Naruto. It'd be nice if one day we can actually see her actual romance story with Sasuke.

PS: Adult Hinata is too damn hot! Sorry I just have to say it lol..
Aug 2, 2015 12:59 AM

May 2012
Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura?? BS.. Was expecting NaruHina a better love story..

Aug 2, 2015 4:55 AM
Jul 2009
I loved it. loved everything about it.
Aug 3, 2015 12:00 AM

Nov 2011
I finished watching this movie just now and I think it was SUPER AWESOME! Hell, I love this Naruto movie so damn much! I love this movie's romance setting a lot more than its action XD though the action scenes would have so many compliments from me as well... Yes, I am a big supporter of Hinata with Naruto, or the other way around whatever, I love Hinata very much!!

That is why, the funny thing is, the reviews of this movie will, no doubt, separate into at least 2 sides... What is funny? The Naruto-Sakura supporters will obviously go super sour mode and hate this movie for its romance that they don't support LOL sadness, but for us Hinata-Naruto supporters... well, I am personally screaming so darn loud in my heart right now for the creation of this movie and good thing I can keep the scream to my heart because it's midnight here and everyone at home is sleeping soundly... XDD Soooo lovely, this movie!! MUST rewatch so many scenes infinitely many times, that ending scene is one of them! <3
Aug 3, 2015 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
It was more Naruto x Hinata's love story than anything else...

I just have to say that Sakura and Ino were looking really good in it, especially Sakura, longer hair looks better on her. Also, I didn't like Naruto's look in this one, even his clothes were not cool.
Sasuke showed up for some minutes, I still hate him, such a douchebag...
Aug 3, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2011
The movie was alright. Loved the NaruHina moments, especially the end credits scene is was soo cute.
Aug 4, 2015 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
NaruHina was all I needed.
Aug 4, 2015 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
Utter crap except the brief romance.
Aug 4, 2015 7:33 PM
May 2011
Lots wrong with this.

I feel like they gave tonari a cloak just so they could have a fight with pretty colors.

also has anyone actually figured out how big the moon is?

it seems way too small to be the same size as the real one.

Also thought there would be more sasuke when i heard about this, but he was in there for like 10 seconds.

I thought kishi wrote this? Even for all the naruto series' problems its nowhere near as bad as this
Aug 5, 2015 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
I was dissapointed. I mean, the bluray sells really well but the movie is amazingly terrible . It really make the other movies look good.

WTF are you bullshitting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
Second worst Shippuden movie after Kizuna, it's just terrible . 1/10
Aug 7, 2015 11:22 PM

Mar 2012
Wait, so much technology, wow. Add Sci-Fi to the genres of this movie please.
Why is a fucking filler movie making me tear like a lil' bitch... NaruHina moments :'c
The motherfucker just destroyed/burnt the scarf Hinata made for Naruto!! What the fuck, I hope Naruto kills someone for the first time, and on this movie, that piece a'shit!
List of main characters: - Naruto; - Hinata; - Scarf;
A new type of Rasengan, which already is a tradition among Naruto movies.

It's been a while since I've watched anime, hearing these sexy japanese voices made me feel so much nostalgia :'( I don't even know how I could leave anime so suddenly, I was so addicted to it that even I am surprised.
I missed being mad at anime villains XD
I've missed these OSTs so much... awwwwwwwwww damn =D
Kurama is so cute even if she seems scary :3

OMG after the credits, just amazingly kawaii, waiting for Boruto's Movie! :D

Made me tear so 10/10. Call me a fanboy or whatever, I don't give a shit my friend. Or at least call me an "Anime Fanboy", not just Naruto's.
The story could have been better, but who cares, we still got Naruto and *demfeels*.

Time to stay away from anime again, I can't handle all these feels, my heart feels so full right now :')
Aug 9, 2015 10:25 AM
Oct 2007

Terrible.. Boring and slow.

Lost count of how many times I had to pause and then re-watch it again shortly after distracting myself with something else.

The only redeeming point is definitely the visual effects.
Aug 9, 2015 12:16 PM

May 2009
Greatest comedy of our time. Funnier than Gintama, and that show is hilarious.
Aug 11, 2015 4:04 PM
Apr 2014
Let me first make it clear that by no means I hate any official pairing or something like that That said, I must admit that this movie might be the worst Naruto-related story I've ever seen/read. I'm ok with romance, actually I knew there was going to be romance, I watched it expecting romance. And I got....romance, the fanfiction way. It was not about the characters from Naruto, it was about some people who looked like them and were named like them, but that for the rest were nothing like the characters we grew fond of. It's exactly how you'd write a fanfiction, making them acting out of character just for the sake of your own fantasy. Which is ok... but this is supposed to be canon. It bothers me that a canon story feels more fillerish than the other movies; it bothers me that even the ostrich episode from the main series felt better written. It bothers me that Naruto is nothing like Naruto is supposed to be, and he just became a dull and boring shell that a certain vampire would be proud of. Let me list just some sparse thoughts:
1) The first scenes, up to 18 year old Naruto's first appearance were absolutely great. Which upsets me even more, since they raised my expectations.
2) What's with this villain? I couldn't think of a more generic and plot-convenient filler villain even if I put all of myself into it.
3) I have the terrible doubt that Kishimoto created Hamura only for the sake of this movie, which might explain why Kaguya tried so hard to kill him.
4)"Am I a bad sister?" Yes! Yes you are! Thank you for pointing that out. Your little sister has been kidnapped by a random crazy dude, you can put your scarves problems aside for a minute.
5) Toneri, dude, how do you even know what a scarf is?
6) Actually, Toneri is the first person to ever bother about Byakugan. He should know that no one actually cares here on earth.
7) What's with the ridiculous timer thingy on Kakashi and Shikamaru's hands? Were they playing a videogame?
8) Well, not that the plot actually matters in this movie, so whatever.
9) How come Naruto gets defeated by a glowing ball? I'm sure he's seen worse. Also, who would actually believe that Hinata was being serious? It takes a new level of stupidity.
10) What was Hinata's plan anyway? They were going there since the beginning, what's the point of the facade? Oh, right, plot doesn't matter, I forgot.
11) Can ANYONE transplant eyes like it's no big deal? What the heck?
12) Thank you Sasuke for coming up in that one scene to remind me you still exist, my dear bastard. You could also have come to the wedding; don't tell me you were busy, you did find the time to bang Sakura once or twice.
13) The last minutes were too much to handle. Since Naruto already sparkles in his Kurama mode, all we needed was a shirtless werewolf and we were all set.
14) Post credit scene tells us that Naruto became the Family Man, and Nicolas Cage will interpret him in the live action.

And thus my long rant ends. Thank you The Last, I'll do my best to pretend you didn't exist.
thelumpurAug 11, 2015 4:13 PM
Aug 12, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
If naruto went full kurama from the beginning most of the useless shit would not have happened. I know he was a puppet for the first few but going full kurama would of made him shit those bricks.
Aug 13, 2015 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
The movie was good, except for the forced romance of Naruto and Hinata.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM

» Am I the only person who hated this movie?

NervousWreck - May 3, 2015

36 by Sunproof21 »»
Sep 16, 2021 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.