Forum Settings
Forums

ELITIST THREAD: What are some filthy PC habits that annoy you?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 19, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
icirate said:
Syrup- said:
Adblock + Noscript, GG.

Antivirus is pretty much just baby mode for technophobic grandmas who think they're going to blow up their PC if they press the wrong button. If I get a Virus it means I did it pretty much on purpose at this point.

good god is this what Anti-vaccers sound like?

Yes. It actually is what they sound like. Same sense of superiority. Same 'won't happen to me' attitude.

To be fair though, having a computer virus is nothing compared to letting your child die of measles.
Yeah that was basically what I was saying. I know it sounds ridiculously stupid to everyone else. However, I rarely do any dangerous surfing on the web at all. I mean it's been nearly 5 years since I stopped using an antivirus and I haven't actually gotten anything. At all. None.

Also if you're calling people plebs you gotta have that air of superiority mate.

DreamingBeats said:
as for elitisim note: using youtube or other online services for music, instead of either getting the cd or the lossless version (though some people, especially of age, cannot hear much of a difference)

Oh new one on the list:
>people who don't use HTML 5 Youtube

not only is it faster, it downloads the uploaded audio without compressing it more than probably 256kbps while giving you whatever size video you want. There's pretty much no reason not to use it, except if you're using a dinosaur/toaster.

Also sometimes I'm just really lazy and turn on the music on Youtube cause it's sitting there. You can find new stuff if you frequent some uploaders, which is pretty much my only real excuse to do this. But there's also soundcloud for that I guess.
Syrup-Apr 19, 2015 8:21 AM
Apr 19, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
Syrup- said:
Yeah that was basically what I was saying. I know it sounds ridiculously stupid to everyone else. However, I rarely do any dangerous surfing on the web at all. I mean it's been nearly 5 years since I stopped using an antivirus and I haven't actually gotten anything. At all. None.
Also if you're calling people plebs you gotta have that air of superiority mate.

i think you need to go out of your way to actually get infected, especially if you use common sense.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 19, 2015 8:23 AM
Mar 2011
DreamingBeats said:
lol Gimp. that resource intensive paint program with god-awful UI that makes people want to buy photoshop so that they can avoid the ugly mess that is Gimp.

latest builds of VLC should theoretically have fixed the flaws from previous versions, though i still use
MPC-HC.

criticizing Apple products w/o a valid reason and just following the band-wagon => LMAO

IE is probably better than ever now when it comes to page-loading and what-not
though support for ad-blocking would certainly help. still behind when it comes to add-ons.

as for elitisim note: using youtube or other online services for music, instead of either getting the cd or the lossless version (though some people, especially of age, cannot hear much of a difference)

Apple prices are exsorabatat and for people for money to brun hy pay three to,es as much for the same product and dnt come at me witch mac dose not gt viruses bull shit thay do
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
FGAU1912 said:
DreamingBeats said:
lol Gimp. that resource intensive paint program with god-awful UI that makes people want to buy photoshop so that they can avoid the ugly mess that is Gimp.

latest builds of VLC should theoretically have fixed the flaws from previous versions, though i still use
MPC-HC.

criticizing Apple products w/o a valid reason and just following the band-wagon => LMAO

IE is probably better than ever now when it comes to page-loading and what-not
though support for ad-blocking would certainly help. still behind when it comes to add-ons.

Apple prices are exsorabatat and for people for money to brun hy pay three to,es as much for the same product and dnt come at me witch mac dose not gt viruses bull shit thay do

>implying i said they don't get viruses (though it's even less likely to be infected)
>people complaining about the price = "waa too expensive for mii"
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Apr 19, 2015 8:30 AM
Mar 2011
DreamingBeats said:
FGAU1912 said:

>implying i said they don't get viruses (though it's even less likely to be infected)

no im not say oh it to expensive for me im quite well off but any own with any fiscal sesne can see apple prices are rip offs
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 19, 2015 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
1. Those self claimed "elitists" with little knowledge who feel superior because they play fucking games on a computer and look down upon others because of what software or brand they use.
Apr 19, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
DreamingBeats said:

There's a big difference between something being too expensive and something being overpriced. Apple products are extremely overpriced for what you are getting. With a $700 budget I can build an amazing desktop that will last me several years. That same budget with Apple I can get an iPad?

Fuck that.
Apr 19, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2010
I think WMP is fine to play music. It's not like my ears can tell any minimal differences.

Most of the rest of the initial list I agree with, however.
Apr 19, 2015 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
Fullmetal89 said:
DreamingBeats said:

There's a big difference between something being too expensive and something being overpriced. Apple products are extremely overpriced for what you are getting. With a $700 budget I can build an amazing desktop that will last me several years. That same budget with Apple I can get an iPad?

Fuck that.

because it makes perfect sense to compare a budget for a pc and a budget for a tablet
"lol let's bash a $500 tablet from Apple. wait you're telling me that Samsung also offers a tablet for $500? who cares.."

another possible thing to add to the list:
using firefox when it has horrible, horrible support (if you can call it that) for html 5
and lags compared to chrome (and yet for some reason i'm still using firefox lol)

Apr 19, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2014
The real elites are people who actually pay real money for their software/movies/music instead of torrenting like a peasant.
Apr 19, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2011
DreamingBeats said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Fuck that.

because it makes perfect sense to compare a budget for a pc and a budget for a tablet
"lol let's bash a $500 tablet from Apple. wait you're telling me that Samsung also offers a tablet for $500? who cares.."

another possible thing to add to the list:
using firefox when it has horrible, horrible support (if you can call it that) for html 5
and lags compared to chrome (and yet for some reason i'm still using firefox lol)

They fixed the html5 support in the latest version. 60FPS videos on Youtube work now.
Apr 19, 2015 10:33 PM

Mar 2014
Claiming to be a PC ELitist is a PC habit which makes my annoyed.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Apr 19, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Just having to use iTunes when I plug my phone in my computer is enough of a nightmare to keep me as far from Apple as possible. If it wasn't because I love their phones, I would never use their products.

I had to use a Mac Desktop during my physics courses in College because the physics department is full of retards and thought it was a good idea to buy Macs. Anyway it was a fucking nightmare. I remember I spent a good 5 mins trying to figure out how the hell you right click on that PoS OS. Seriously, I hate Leopard. It's like they took Linux Ubuntu stripped everything that makes it amazing and then they sell you this bastardized retarded version of the OS.

funnily enough the mac os was created for stupid people who can't figure out how to use windows os. apple products are supposed to be more user friendly. i use both a mac and a pc and so i've got no problems with either
Apr 19, 2015 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
I like uTorrent and VLC
Windows Media Player and paint work for quick tasks, but only true artists will understand

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Apr 19, 2015 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
Thrashinuva said:
I think WMP is fine to play music. It's not like my ears can tell any minimal differences. Most of the rest of the initial list I agree with, however.

i don't think there's supposed to be a difference in quality between WMP and other 3rd party alternatives.
granted, WPM probably won't be able to play some music formats off the bat, but that's what plug-ins are for. the difference in audio quality is due to difference in the quality of the file itself. lossless (cd/dvd quality) soundtrack sound better than a lossy one, but not everyone can appreciate the difference, and for those people, settling with a much smaller file size sound file may make more sense.

Apr 19, 2015 11:20 PM

Mar 2014
DoctorCaim said:
Still uses VLC as a media player.

What's the alternative?
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Apr 20, 2015 12:52 AM

Apr 2015
Geni-2-ol said:
DoctorCaim said:

What's the alternative?

MPC-HD is a really great alternative, no waiting around like 5 mins while it rebuilds the font cache lol. For media programs, I just like programs that are quick to launch, and supports the most formats.

DreamingBeats said:
Thrashinuva said:
I think WMP is fine to play music. It's not like my ears can tell any minimal differences. Most of the rest of the initial list I agree with, however.

i don't think there's supposed to be a difference in quality between WMP and other 3rd party alternatives.
granted, WPM probably won't be able to play some music formats off the bat, but that's what plug-ins are for. the difference in audio quality is due to difference in the quality of the file itself. lossless (cd/dvd quality) soundtrack sound better than a lossy one, but not everyone can appreciate the difference, and for those people, settling with a much smaller file size sound file may make more sense.

I use MPC-HD for music, mainly because of FLAC support, but I think getting music in flac is worth it as your only using up roughly around 10x the hard drive space as a 128kb MP3 song.

Another thing I absolutely hate, is when someone purchases $400 beats or something and listens to awfully compressed mp3s from iTunes. Those people have no idea what audio quality is.

As well, you see someone wasting their tying doing right-click, copy, right-click, paste a million times.

Windows Media Player needs at least ogg vorbis, flac and mkv support, as well as the option to change audio streams to make it worth using. They also need to fix the server execution failed bug.

Apr 20, 2015 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
i would lol if someone actually used their expensive equipment to listen to youtube songs

what server execution bug? *never used WMP for years*

been using foobar for a long time, mostly because of the neat interface and
gapless playback

WMP will supposedly support flac right off the bat on windows 10. supposedly.

Apr 20, 2015 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
blu-eyes said:
Claiming to be a PC ELitist is a PC habit which makes my annoyed.
No need to get rough bruh

This is a joke thread
Apr 20, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2014
azzuRe said:

Also, do not trust free antivirus.
http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/

But, if you really really don't want to pay for one, Avast is probably the best free antivirus. Even that link rates Avast highly in protection.

Would be good to install Malwarebytes as well, very useful anti-malware program.
Apr 20, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
people who use gaming keyboards/mice etc, but only use Facebook or Microsoft Word

also people who get the shit that lights up all over their desk just to look cool. I better fucking hope that stuff works well for you, bro. Shit's distracting.

Oh oh yeah >MLG endorsed products
fuck off

Imphee said:
The real elites are people who actually pay real money for their software/movies/music instead of torrenting like a peasant.
pirate first, regret later. I buy things after I know that I like them. I plan on buying Photoshop as soon as I get a chance. Things like games that are cheap I usually wait on before playing them, but if it's like $3 on Steam I don't even care.
Syrup-Apr 20, 2015 3:17 AM
Apr 20, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2013
Geni-2-ol said:
DoctorCaim said:

What's the alternative?
MPC with madVR.
Syrup- said:
people who use gaming keyboards/mice etc
That reminds me

Using a mechanical keyboard that doesn't have cherry brown or blue keys.

FILTHY
Apr 20, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
DoctorCaim said:
Syrup- said:
people who use gaming keyboards/mice etc
That reminds me

Using a mechanical keyboard that doesn't have cherry brown or blue keys.

FILTHY
as a rhythm gamer this is pretty important. Not being able to hear my keypresses throws me off...

why the hell don't more keyboards actually tell you what switches are in, I bought the one I have thinking it would probably have decent switches, but I asked the dude if I could see and he just laughed and told me to buy it or get out :c
Apr 20, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
do you know what keys you have right now?

also this is why I only buy parts online
Apr 20, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
DoctorCaim said:
do you know what keys you have right now?

also this is why I only buy parts online
I'm not sure but I'm willing to guess that they're just standard black switches. It's a Logitech G105. Bought it cause it was on sale and I needed to replace my K120. I kinda miss that thing, the buttons were a lot easier to press and you didn't have to bottom out a lot of the time to get a result rip wrists.

*sigh* shitsux man I paid like a quarter of my food money this month for this thing, I really would prefer something with red switches or blue at the very least. Maybe I'll just save up and stow this one away for a rainy day if I can.
Syrup-Apr 20, 2015 4:39 AM
Apr 20, 2015 6:25 AM
Apr 2013
MysteriousSoul said:

Another thing I absolutely hate, is when someone purchases $400 beats or something and listens to awfully compressed mp3s from iTunes. Those people have no idea what audio quality is.

Buying any audio related hardware from Beats is questionable by itself.
Apr 20, 2015 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
- Internet Explorer is very bad
- uTorrent is good, no matter which build it is
- Never had an Apple product, but I know for sure they are over-priced
- I rarely watch videos offline, so I have the default VLC
- My laptop just got reinstalled so I'm stuck with Avast until I build up the will to yarrr buy a better one
- I use Paint or Photoshop, never used GIMP

Not sure if it's an elitist habit, but my eyes feel bad whenever someone posts a screenshot of his desktop, without any icons.
I also laugh at stupid people who buy early access games with horrible bugs and glitches that would even make Satan cry. Then they bitch out and demand their money back. A sane person doesn't buy half-made crap.
Apr 20, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
Szefi said:
Not sure if it's an elitist habit, but my eyes feel bad whenever someone posts a screenshot of his desktop, without any icons.

adding to my personal list:
- Desktops cluttered with mess and icons all over it
- Terrible Rainmeter skins added to desktops

P.S. You cringing yet? http://i.imgur.com/PntndGR.png (I am, I should change the background already, Shitoge's turn is done.)
Apr 20, 2015 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
Syrup- said:
Szefi said:

P.S. You cringing yet? http://i.imgur.com/PntndGR.png (I am, I should change the background already, Shitoge's turn is done.)

I am cringing. You are using Firefox.
Apr 20, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Soul-Master said:
Syrup- said:

>implying Chrome does anything but datamine and look like shit.
Apr 20, 2015 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Soul-Master said:
Syrup- said:

Firefox is best browser.
I cringe at my parents' McAfee antivirus but they won't let me switch it out for something better.
Apr 20, 2015 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
Syrup- said:
Soul-Master said:

Chrome is good for playing browser games and to try mobile games on your browser and not much else, I wouldn't ever go and shop online on Chrome for example or even go to YouTube on it.

Apr 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Syrup- said:
Szefi said:

I don't see rainmeter.

Pleb
Apr 20, 2015 12:41 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
Syrup- said:

Chrome is good for playing browser games and to try mobile games on your browser and not much else, I wouldn't ever go and shop online on Chrome for example or even go to YouTube on it.

i like Chromium based browsers but use Dragon

Apr 20, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
wtf is dragon
Apr 20, 2015 12:46 PM

Sep 2013
DoctorCaim said:
wtf is dragon

a superior chinese cartoon browser
Apr 20, 2015 12:46 PM
Mar 2011
DoctorCaim said:
wtf is dragon

its a chromium based browser

Apr 20, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
Fuck everybody who hates on Apple, they're just jealous because my Mac is almost five years old and still faster than their brand new Toshiba
Comic_SansApr 20, 2015 1:00 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 20, 2015 12:58 PM
Mar 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Fuck everybody who hates on Apple, they're just jealous because my Mac is faster than their shitty Toshiba

right does it do 4k does it have more memotry then me i dount that

Apr 20, 2015 1:02 PM

Mar 2014
FGAU1912 said:
Comic_Sans said:
Fuck everybody who hates on Apple, they're just jealous because my Mac is faster than their shitty Toshiba

4 GB
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 20, 2015 1:11 PM
Mar 2011
Comic_Sans said:
FGAU1912 said:

4 GB

storage 2tb
16 gb physical memory

Apr 20, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
FGAU1912 said:
Comic_Sans said:
4 GB

storage 2tb
16 gb physical memory
Fuck, you got me

I admit defeat. Feel free to make fun of me all you want, PC users!

My computer is still faster though.
Comic_SansApr 20, 2015 1:30 PM
Nico- said:
Apr 20, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
Comic_Sans said:
FGAU1912 said:

storage 2tb
16 gb physical memory
Fuck, you got me

HAHAHAHHA! USES A MAC

Apr 20, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
DoctorCaim said:
Comic_Sans said:
Fuck, you got me

HAHAHAHHA! USES A MAC

;(((((
Nico- said:
Apr 20, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
PC is definitely bett-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Apr 20, 2015 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
Hiding extensions of known file types.

How do people even use a computer like that?! Here ya go "your favorite song.mp3.exe" have fun!
Apr 20, 2015 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
DreamingBeats said:
PC is definitely bett-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
HEY MAN PC MASTER RAC- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damageecho to your computer.echo.echo The problem seems to be caused by the following file: SPCMDCON.SYSecho.echo PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAecho.echo If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,echo restart your computer. If this screen appears again, followecho these steps:echo.echo Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.echo If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturerecho for any Windows updates you might need.echo.echo If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardwareecho or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.echo If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restartecho your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and thenecho select Safe Mode.echo.echo Technical information:echo.echo *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFD3094C2,0x00000001,0xFBFE7617,0x00000000)echo.echo.echo *** SPCMDCON.SYS - Address FBFE7617 base at FBFE5000, DateStamp 3d6dd67cpause >nulclsecho Downloading viruses . . .ping localhost -n 5 >nuldir /spause >nul

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2015 7:08 PM

Feb 2005
Just a couple of years ago, I happened to see the desktop of one of my friends. A bunch of us had been having a good time and getting pretty drunk, so while our host was half passed out on the couch, I snuck into his room to engage in the age-old tradition of replacing his wallpaper with a supersized meatspin.gif or dailydose.gif.

But as I moved the mouse and disengaged the screensaver, I looked upon his current wallpaper. I wasn't sure how to react as first, for some reason my mind couldn't quite grasp what my eyes were seeing, but the longer I looked at that hideous, unwholesome sight, the more it dawned upon my utterly repulsive and unnatural it was, akin to some unfinished, antediluvian horror from beyond the darkest mists of time, a terrible sight not meant for the eyes of any sane, civilised mind.
I panicked and ran screaming out of the apartment, and never spoke to the man again. Even to this day, I find myself waking up sweating, heart racing, as I recall that horrible sight.

For his was a wallpaper only in the most macabre and mocking sense, a small, pixellated image, tiled innumerable times across the vastness of his monitor!
Apr 20, 2015 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
BurntJelly said:
Hiding extensions of known file types.

How do people even use a computer like that?! Here ya go "your favorite song.mp3.exe" have fun!
because it's actually pretty obvious when something is an .exe Like, you'd have to try really hard to not notice when something is a different file extension from the usual.

@Caim fuck Rainmeter, it's disgusting and uses CPU/GPU every time it needs to update a meter. If I had a second monitor I would be able to justify it, but having only one means I will never see it for 99% of the time. And this is coming from someone who used to make his own meters and used the program for 2 years before coming to this conclusion.
Syrup-Apr 20, 2015 10:49 PM
Apr 21, 2015 1:27 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
uTorrent master race! Anyway:
-Using a MAC.
-Not using Windows 7.
-Torrenting/downloading in SD, and music with low bitrate.
-Buying expensive PC parts when you don't even game.
-Buying a 4k monitor.
-Building a PC to barely outperform a console.
-Using IE. Obviously...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 8 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
8 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.