Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2015 6:09 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

RIP Close.

the hisatsu move is beautiful. Their dress is change, but I don't see the difference.

and Yui is more relevant role in this show.

next week, kirara-chan deban ne~.
Apr 13, 2015 2:12 AM

Jan 2009
This show's fights are boring as fuck and the entire episode was fighting so.......
Apr 13, 2015 2:24 PM
Feb 2015
Still have to wait for episode, but why Close? ;-;
He was, like, my favorite character with whole of his idiocy and semi-rebellious behavior and clothes.
Apr 13, 2015 10:47 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
They killed the bad guy??? That's interesting.
Apr 14, 2015 10:05 AM
Feb 2015
Everyone think they killed/extinguished/annihilated/whatever. I secretly hope he'll come back and become HeruHaru's real love interest because crackships and my stupid ideas.
Apr 14, 2015 1:45 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
One of the best episodes so far, I really like the story pace and the truly intimidating villains, they are not comical. And at least unlike other Precure seasons, it wasn't the pink Precure herself who defeated the boss. Also Yui was quite useful unlike other people who helped the Precures in the past, like for example Seiji from Happiness Charge.

A Kirara episode next, wonderful.
Apr 15, 2015 5:25 PM

Feb 2011
Huh. Pretty early to kill off a villain (I'm assuming they did), I don't think any other Precure show has done that.
This episode was overall just a blast.
Apr 15, 2015 8:26 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, that was a surprises. It didn't take long for them to kill off a villain. They haven't done that in along time. Still the fight with Close was really good, and it was cool that Yui was some help. Can't wait to see what happens next. Not sure if Close is gone for good, but who knows. Only time well tell.

Also Pafu is still very adorable in this episode.
Apr 16, 2015 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
morshuwarrior said:
Huh. Pretty early to kill off a villain (I'm assuming they did), I don't think any other Precure show has done that.
This episode was overall just a blast.

They sort of did that with the early series like Futari wa Precure. Pretty interesting.

Really liked this episode. Aside from the abrupt 'k job done' with the 2 mini bosses twinkle and mermaid were facing, this had such lovely animation and good execution to a point where I nearly forgot Toei was in charge.
Apr 16, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Excellent episode! I'm kinda shocked that the team murdered Close, I think it would have been more poetic if he had been purified leaving behind a crow who would fly out of the cage, representing his freedom from despair and Dyspear. Still, I hope future episodes will address Haruka's sadness over his destruction, since her expression after her victory was extremely somber.

Cool new forms and attack! Hopefully they'll also get new powers in their non-Elegant form (for example, Cure Mermaid being able to use ice attacks as well as her previous water ones).

Yui was the star of the episode, however! Her determination, her strength and her friendship were what saved the day, despite her not having Precure powers. She revitalized Haruka, Minami and Kirara AND she helped them shoot the light into the sky outside of the Cage. I really hope she stays a prominent character throughout the entirety of the show!!

I wonder where the show will go now; Shut might be the next Musketeer to turn monster in ten episodes, then the other guy (whose name escapes me at the moment) will become a monster ten episodes after that, thus bringing the show to 30 episodes. Along the way the Violin Girl will be introduced and the team will find more Keys, then the final 10 episodes will be about the battle against Violin Girl, who might be reformed, and Dyspear who will hopefully get a compelling backstory.
I'm just wildly theorizing here, I could be COMPLETELY wrong. Still, I can't wait to see what Go!Princess Precure has in store for us!
Apr 16, 2015 2:56 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Ryuu_Hou-ou said:
Along the way the Violin Girl will be introduced and the team will find more Keys, then the final 10 episodes will be about the battle against Violin Girl, who might be reformed, and Dyspear who will hopefully get a compelling backstory.
I'm just wildly theorizing here, I could be COMPLETELY wrong. Still, I can't wait to see what Go!Princess Precure has in store for us!

I think it's pretty much obvious that Violin Girl/Twilight is
after seeing her picture. So I assume an
Apr 17, 2015 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
damn this episode was amazing! rip in pieces close.
Apr 17, 2015 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
Homura_ said:
Ryuu_Hou-ou said:
Along the way the Violin Girl will be introduced and the team will find more Keys, then the final 10 episodes will be about the battle against Violin Girl, who might be reformed, and Dyspear who will hopefully get a compelling backstory.

I had no idea that
was shown in magazine images for future episodes. I did a quick search on Google and yeah, Twilight and
look absolutely identical (apart from the different colors and clothes, obviously), so what you said will almost certainly happen, considering that Twilight is called

I put the spoiler tags so people who don't know about the magazine scans won't be spoiled. I know I won't search for them ever again because they spoil plot twists and ruin surprises. Still, the future developments seem really interesting!
Ryuu_Hou-ouApr 17, 2015 2:47 PM
Apr 17, 2015 8:22 PM

May 2013
Ryuu_Hou-ou said:
Homura_ said:

I had no idea that
was shown in magazine images for future episodes. I did a quick search on Google and yeah, Twilight and
look absolutely identical (apart from the different colors and clothes, obviously), so what you said will almost certainly happen, considering that Twilight is called

I put the spoiler tags so people who don't know about the magazine scans won't be spoiled. I know I won't search for them ever again because they spoil plot twists and ruin surprises. Still, the future developments seem really interesting!

it will become interesting if twilight is former grand princess and she was fall in despair.
haruka maybe learn become grand princess is not easy.
Apr 18, 2015 10:41 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
alyya said:

it will become interesting if twilight is former grand princess and she was fall in despair.
haruka maybe learn become grand princess is not easy.

That is a good idea, it reminds me of Queen Mirage from Happiness Charge.

Or she could be Dyspear's daughter and not necessarily truly evil but having motivations as such to save her mother.

Apr 18, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
Close looked kinda cool transformed.
Kinda surprised they would kill off a villian since it seems to the theme to save them in Precure. Makes me wonder if he is really gone for good.
Apr 20, 2015 3:55 PM

Dec 2010
That was a pretty intense episode! The plot developed, they got new powers, and killed Close! I wonder who will be next to go?

Also did he become a Crow because in Japanese Crow and Close sound similar?
May 14, 2015 12:23 AM

Nov 2010
I know that it wasn't the last episode but it sure felt like the end-of-the-series-fight.
Jul 3, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that episode was amazing. I especially liked how Yui was actually really helpful instead of just dead weight. RIP Close lol
[center][/center]
Jan 19, 2016 6:45 AM

Aug 2007
The villian was killed... O.o The last time I watched that was in Yes precure 5 gogo. I miss that.
Mar 29, 2017 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
From a story perspective this was pretty good. A little overly hammy for my taste, but I can take that considering they actually completely defeat Close this early on, which was surprising.

The action aspect definitely could've been better by this iteration's own precedent with some of the zetsuborg battles. Although the fights have never been very lengthy, they've done interesting stuff like playing with camera angles, having the Cures fight in a (relatively) small room, and so on along with some good animation. This episode, on the other hand, was very... Sailor-Moon-ish in regards to the action, with the girls mostly stationary and spamming their magic. It's not bad by any means, but given that this is Precure I'd have liked a bit more there.

Getting back to the story, I also like how much this is embracing Yui's knowledge of the Precure. I'm starting to wonder now if everyone shown walking with the girls will end up learning that they are Cures before the series ends.

For gaining a single Dress Up Key to culminate in the death of one of the puppetmasters is pretty interesting though. If getting the other eight ends up being as exciting as it was with this one I think I will be quite content.
Mar 31, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
Close being killed actually really surprised me, was my favorite bad guy introduced so far, mainly because he's voice actor gave a hell of a performance imo.
May 10, 2017 11:36 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, did they just kill Close? And then she says "have nice day" after blowing him up into a million petals and feathers lol.
Mar 24, 2019 2:20 AM

Mar 2017
So many new toys to buy! I liked the action of this episode. The fight itself wasn't even that interesting, but Close transforming into an epic angry raven was cool, and the other girl had some great moments. I like when "useless civilians" actually contribute to a fight like that. I hope they really killed him. I actually liked him the most of all the villains, but I think it would take away from the impact if he just comes back...

On a side note, I also like the fan drawings they present at the end of the episode. I think more anime should do that.
Aug 7, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty intense episode. They usually don't defeat these big guys this early and instead of being purified, he was literally killed.

This felt almost like a finale, but the story has only begun.

SerafosFeb 19, 11:31 AM
Oct 17, 2023 8:10 AM
Oct 2023
THE NEW ATTACKS LOOK SO COOL AAAAAAAAA
Jan 10, 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
First big climax of the series. The precures power up. Gonna miss Close, his VA went above and beyond in this episode, F. ;-;

The intense line work and animation, you could really feel Close's anger. Great stuff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 7, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 20 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 14, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 6, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.