Forums

UNACCEPTABLE, Fire Emblem IF is being split into two games

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 31, 2015 12:16 PM
Mar 2011
SH4kun said:
BlueScarf said:

They added bath houses and face rubbing to the game. They're really not hiding it at all. This shit is full on waifu simulator now.

Waifu/Husbando shit sells. Persona wasn't nearly as popular until they introduced those mechanics and fire emblem was pretty dead until Awakening revived it. That being said, bath house is not bad, is the face rubbing that is lonely neckbeard tier.

PS: Camilla is gorgeous with that Jester costume, goddamn.

I hope I can waifu her with my non-blood related brother.

its casual fag magnet FN is now take out easy mode from FE it make it how it should be
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 31, 2015 12:18 PM

May 2010
BlueScarf said:
Thrashinuva said:

I'm not sure through your tone, but is this supposed to be a bad thing?
Yes. My charismatic army game of gallantry and political upheaval is turning into a neckbeard magnet.

This just in:
Morgan Freeman, as pictured below, will now play Fire Emblem.

He states "My neckbeard just couldn't stay away, it was like I was being magnetically pulled. I'm going to have to investigate this scientifically at a later date, and provide narration and air it on the science channel."
May 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2014
70$ might seem like much but from my perspective it's essentially 2 games.
twice the gameplay time!
(Actually thrice)!

I just hope the gameplay and stuff is as good as is shown.
With fire emblem they tend to make a frustrating difficulty (lunatic and luna+).
If they say one storyline is going to be difficult this time, I'm expecting a game worth $70 alone.
Seems cheap to me but let's wait and see.
May 31, 2015 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
I hope this changes in the english release, but if both versions come with as much content and variety as a single independent game, I won't complain.
I'm one of those who has only played awakening so the waifu stuff and different gameplay elements in this don't bother me. The face rubbing is indeed strange though. I can understand that long time fans would cringe at that.

I can see you

Jun 1, 2015 5:28 AM
May 2014
right after they revived the series they had to go and screw us over
Jun 1, 2015 5:54 AM

Feb 2008
Saw the new features, it looks pretty fun. In Awakening you could have babies with waifus, and now you can even touch your waifu with the stylus. Best Fire Emblem ever

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 1, 2015 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
Please keep Japanese Voice over. I'll buy two version or whatever.
Jun 9, 2015 10:17 AM
Jan 2015
They literally copy/pasted Awakening characters into IF.

Jesus christ that's lazy.
Why can't they let Fire Emblem: IF be its own thing rather than some leech of its previous game.

Jun 9, 2015 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
BlueScarf said:

Why can't they let Fire Emblem: IF be its own thing rather than some leech of its previous game.

Are they just reusing them, or is it a sequel or alternate? From what I see, they have the same design and VA, but different names?
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 9, 2015 11:40 AM
Jan 2015
QuattroVaginas said:
BlueScarf said:

Are they just reusing them, or is it a sequel or alternate? From what I see, they have the same design and VA, but different names?
It's supposed to be in a separate universe. There should be no relation.
Jun 9, 2015 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
I have read plenty of theories on how they might be the children from the "real" Awakening timeline, and that their parents just decided to name them something else (or something along the lines of that).
I think that it's possible.

I wouldn't mind having Inigo in another game, in fact I would prefer that over there being a cheap copy of him. <3
Jun 9, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2009
Cersei said:
I have read plenty of theories on how they might be the children from the "real" Awakening timeline, and that their parents just decided to name them something else (or something along the lines of that).
I think that it's possible.

I wouldn't mind having Inigo in another game, in fact I would prefer that over there being a cheap copy of him. <3

Please do link one of these possible theories.

I think it's pretty retarded to just rip off the designs from a previous game but I completely agree with you that it would be cool to tie the original back into the plot if its legit.
Jun 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2010
Smetsys said:
Please do link one of these possible theories.

I think it's pretty retarded to just rip off the designs from a previous game but I completely agree with you that it would be cool to tie the original back into the plot if its legit.

You can find it being discussed in numerous topics on the Fire Emblem if board on serenesforest.
Here are a couple of specific threads:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54277
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54437

Yeah, a design rip would be really lame.
Luna has the same design, personality and voice actress as Severa, so it would be ridiculous if they did such a shameless copy and paste with three of the four most popular children Awakening characters.
Jun 10, 2015 1:09 AM

Nov 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Saw the new features, it looks pretty fun. In Awakening you could have babies with waifus, and now you can even touch your waifu with the stylus. Best Fire Emblem ever
Wait really? Cause That'd be weird as fuck if it was.
Jun 10, 2015 1:57 AM

May 2013
BlueScarf said:
They added bath houses and face rubbing to the game. They're really not hiding it at all. This shit is full on waifu simulator now.

Does this confirm romance in the game .__.

Nate ©
Jun 10, 2015 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
Man I was so depressed last night. I saw the release date for Fire Emblem IF, June 25 2015. Was fucking psyched until I read JP release :(. Gah, you would think since this game is published under Nintendo they would have simultaneous release in US, Europe, Japan. Now we have to wait a whole effin year for the game.....Japan needs to get their shit together when it come to localization of popular games like this.

moonbox said:
BlueScarf said:

Does this confirm romance in the game .__.

I would be amazed if there wasn't. The marriage system was one of the most popular things in Awakening, be pretty stupid if they didn't add it for the sequel.
Jun 16, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
English trailer!

Jun 16, 2015 5:24 PM

Mar 2013
Dual Audio Hope
Jun 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Oct 2010
Marriage and children are back.
http://i.imgur.com/qQ1m00n.jpg
Jun 21, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2012
Not surprised, saw it coming back the moment the game was announced.

Still, guess I'm sorta looking forward to it?

Jun 21, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Cersei said:
Marriage and children are back.
http://i.imgur.com/qQ1m00n.jpg

Hell yes! I hope the skits are as funny as they were in Awakening.
Jun 21, 2015 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
REEEEEEEEEEE

MOVE TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD REEEEEEEE

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1396732

Also, ugh, marriage and children system isn't a good thing.
Jun 21, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
OkayCaim said:
REEEEEEEEEEE

MOVE TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD REEEEEEEE

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1396732

Also, ugh, marriage and children system isn't a good thing.

Far from a good thing.

IT'S AN AMAZING THING.
Jun 21, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Nah. Marriage and children would mean all the support conversations between male and female characters would have to resort to romance which would weaken overall characterization.

Children would also have to resort to some explanation as to how they can grow up fast enough to be recruited into an army so the explanation might be something contrived like time travel or wormholes which would cause all sorts of plot holes and off-putting hocus pocus (Unless it was like Genealogy but it does not seem like this is the case).

Character designers wil also have to create flat, one-dimensional cardboard cutouts as well to make characters seem compatible with others.

Also, FE: Fates should be its own thing. Just about every other Fire Emblem had it's own special kind of mechanic and it's really off-putting when a whole new game is riding off the coat tails of its predecessor. It's obvious they're running for the money (two game split, true route behind a DLC paywall, cut/pasting of three of the most popular Awakening characters, Phoenix mode for more casuals), I just wish it isn't this damn obvious.
Jun 21, 2015 11:05 PM

Sep 2011
I get what you are saying Caim but relationships and children system where one of the biggest selling points of Awakening. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that Awakening was planned as the last Fire Emblem game because the series was selling so poorly. So it would be incredibly stupid if the company just reverted back to prior titles in the series and ignored the stuff people liked the most about Awakening. Awakening wasn't my first entry to the FE series so I was pretty familiar with it I had played the previous two games as well as some other similar games like FF Tactics series and Tactics Ogres. That said I really liked what they did with Awakening. I think overall it's the best FE game I've played. Even if the story wasn't on par with the older ones.

I will say this though, the face rubbing thing is a bit creepy....
Jun 21, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
I get what you are saying Caim but relationships and children system where one of the biggest selling points of Awakening. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that Awakening was planned as the last Fire Emblem game because the series was selling so poorly. So it would be incredibly stupid if the company just reverted back to prior titles in the series and ignored the stuff people liked the most about Awakening. Awakening wasn't my first entry to the FE series so I was pretty familiar with it I had played the previous two games as well as some other similar games like FF Tactics series and Tactics Ogres. That said I really liked what they did with Awakening. I think overall it's the best FE game I've played. Even if the story wasn't on par with the older ones.

I will say this though, the face rubbing thing is a bit creepy....
Uh, I wouldn't really say it was the relationships and children system that made Awakening sell hard though. I didn't even know there was a marriage and children system when I purchased Awakening. It just had really good advertising (the last time Fire Emblem had solid advertising was FE7), good graphics considering it's console system, and enough printed copies to last for years (which is odd since Nintendo has a history for printing very limited quantities of niche franchises like Fire Emblem)
Jun 22, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
I'm getting it all if DLC will be available in my country at this time... wasn't back when Awakening was released. That was annoying and unfair as hell.

Contacted Nintendo support and they have swiftly ignored me.
Jun 23, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2010
So you can make your units strip...

I laughed.
Jun 23, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
Oh good, I've always wanted to undress and rub my characters.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 12 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
12 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.