Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2015
Not sure what you were complaining about.

Your pops was right.

Jul 27, 2017 4:58 PM

Feb 2017
Wooo neuroscience!!! They were some of my favourite modules at uni.

And dude, parents are just a pain. It would be fair enough if it impacted your work, but it's not and you're not glued to them 24/7 like a lot of kids. You also have a job, so your free time should be yours. I hate the whole 'you need to go outside' like no, the things I like are indoors please let me enjoy my life ffs.

Try and sit them down and have a (calm) discussion about it.

I'm 23 (still at home because money) and my parents STILL bitch at me for watching Disney/anime/playing games.

Like dude, I help around the house. I pay board. I have a job and earn my own money. I have plenty of friends and go out often. LIKE M8 LEAVE ME ALONE SO I CAN PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING AND CUDDLE MY DISNEY TEDDIES IN PEACE.
ladamesansmerciJul 27, 2017 5:03 PM
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Jul 27, 2017 5:00 PM

Jul 2017
Make him play it.
That should do the work
Jul 27, 2017 5:18 PM

May 2016
have you thought about maybe setting up in your room, or a spare bedroom?
out of site out of mind. close the door and ask for privacy. put your headset on and say your just doing "stuff" you should be playing video at 15. it makes sense.

stand up for yourself. continue being respectful, but tell him you work xx amount of hours, have xx grades and it's a hobby you really enjoy and love.
Jul 27, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
fight ur dad thats what worked for me tbh
Jul 28, 2017 12:47 AM

Jan 2017
lol I play game all the times everyday even during school days or before exams (i play at least 4-5 hours each day )but my parents don't give a fucklol
but I am in the top 5 of my grade (i am 15 and i finished the first year of high schooli will be in the university at 17 just sayin because I don't know what we call each grade in English i am French educated ) so ....
Jul 28, 2017 6:42 PM

May 2014
ladamesansmerci said:
Wooo neuroscience!!! They were some of my favourite modules at uni.

And dude, parents are just a pain. It would be fair enough if it impacted your work, but it's not and you're not glued to them 24/7 like a lot of kids. You also have a job, so your free time should be yours. I hate the whole 'you need to go outside' like no, the things I like are indoors please let me enjoy my life ffs.

Try and sit them down and have a (calm) discussion about it.

I'm 23 (still at home because money) and my parents STILL bitch at me for watching Disney/anime/playing games.

Like dude, I help around the house. I pay board. I have a job and earn my own money. I have plenty of friends and go out often. LIKE M8 LEAVE ME ALONE SO I CAN PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING AND CUDDLE MY DISNEY TEDDIES IN PEACE.

Living the life, hugging disney teddies......

On Topic : Just do what you do, I play almost everyday for hours on end, and i usually spend around 10+ hours on my pc on days that i have classes and 18+ hours a day on weekends, and still manage to maintain a solid 9.6+ cgpa / 10, so yeah just tell 'im that u can work effectively only if you are let to enjoy yourself the way you want cuz forcing u outside isnt gonna do the trick.....

and On the worst days, just put on your headphones and some good rock and just shut him out, and continue to game on, none's stopping u and if they are physically tryin to stop you, well we can work something out. >LUL.
Jul 29, 2017 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
Kill him while he's sleeping and hide his corpse
Jul 29, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
What is with these necros, by now it's entirely possible OP is 18 and the master of his own life.
Jul 29, 2017 3:51 PM

Sep 2007
I hope the BEATER in Beater_Luke isn't insinuating another hobby you spend too much time on.

Don't worry, by the time you are 18 you will realize that parents are usually wrong. Then, when you're 30 you'll realize your parents could've raised you better, but they did have some sage advice. I wouldn't take your parents too seriously. After all, they are humans too. But also try and understand what it takes to be successful in the real world. I say any entertainment is fine, as long as you don't overdo it (you'll know how much time you can afford).

Anyway, sounds to me like you have daddy issues, considering you love to be called BIG POPPA.

Jul 29, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2017
Damn that's tough luck you got there bro...

#Triggered

Jul 30, 2017 7:17 AM
Dec 2015
Beater_Luke said:
Why do some parents completely hate video games? Seriously?

I decided not to touch my console or steam for 4 months (first term of school) and the rest of the terms. Now that it's easter holidays (2 weeks off school), I practically spend most of my time studying, playing video games with my friends, watching anime/manga or working.

I work 20 hours a week, and if you didn't know, for a 15 year old that is a shit ton. As soon as I turn on my PS4 or play steam my Dad straight up yells at me to get off. When i try to be reasonable, I politely asked why he doesn't like me playing video games and he just says i play it all the time..... I haven't touched it in 4 months..

So i couldn't really comprehend why he wouldn't let me have some fun with my friends while mucking around on ps4. He is pretty much asking me to stop entertaining myself. And when i ask him what he would like me to do he just says go outside and ride your bike like a normal kid.... wtf?

Which normal kid rides a bike around the backyard for 12 hours a day? Which normal kid really goes outside everyday anyway?

Why can't parents (especially my dad) just embrace gaming? He used to be hooked on games as well (arcade centres, xbox original etc) but now he is completely against it.

Worst part is when i hear my friends' parents absolutely give 0 f**ks about them gaming. So why!!??!!

I have really good grades, i have my work that I'm really committed to (most of my friends don't even have jobs, let alone 2 jobs) and I've already planned my career (neuroscience {SAO}).

And my dads favourite quote, "Luke, stop playing your baby games"... wtf

rant over

He is an idiot, sorry, not every one is wisest person, seems like you have to deal with it, the good way to shut him up is get a good job after you finish education and have a norma gaming room with a huge LCD, it's a way of a man.
Jul 30, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
That seems like a shitshow for real. Is your dad one of those normie suburban white picket fence kind of people?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Your dad is a smart man, video games are a waste of time. They're made to distract you and push you further away from your goals. I personally would listen to your dad, and pick up a little more constructive hobby like woodwork or something practical that would help you in life.

Jul 30, 2017 5:52 PM

Jul 2017
In my experiences, if a parent has an issue with their kid being on a video game, it's probably because the kid has not at all proven him/herself to be responsible enough to handle that sort of activity.
Jul 30, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2017
OP is almost eighteen and probably moved out already. You people are still posting. Smh.
Jul 30, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2017
Deserve said:
Beater_Luke said:
Why do some parents completely hate video games? Seriously?

I decided not to touch my console or steam for 4 months (first term of school) and the rest of the terms. Now that it's easter holidays (2 weeks off school), I practically spend most of my time studying, playing video games with my friends, watching anime/manga or working.

I work 20 hours a week, and if you didn't know, for a 15 year old that is a shit ton. As soon as I turn on my PS4 or play steam my Dad straight up yells at me to get off. When i try to be reasonable, I politely asked why he doesn't like me playing video games and he just says i play it all the time..... I haven't touched it in 4 months..

So i couldn't really comprehend why he wouldn't let me have some fun with my friends while mucking around on ps4. He is pretty much asking me to stop entertaining myself. And when i ask him what he would like me to do he just says go outside and ride your bike like a normal kid.... wtf?

Which normal kid rides a bike around the backyard for 12 hours a day? Which normal kid really goes outside everyday anyway?

Why can't parents (especially my dad) just embrace gaming? He used to be hooked on games as well (arcade centres, xbox original etc) but now he is completely against it.

Worst part is when i hear my friends' parents absolutely give 0 f**ks about them gaming. So why!!??!!

I have really good grades, i have my work that I'm really committed to (most of my friends don't even have jobs, let alone 2 jobs) and I've already planned my career (neuroscience {SAO}).

And my dads favourite quote, "Luke, stop playing your baby games"... wtf

rant over

He is an idiot, sorry, not every one is wisest person, seems like you have to deal with it, the good way to shut him up is get a good job after you finish education and have a norma gaming room with a huge LCD, it's a way of a man.

You think that is bad, my dad took away my iphone for the entire summer and sold my xbox because anything I do wrong is because of "That dumb electronic"
Jul 30, 2017 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
I kind of understand what you mean. My parents want me to get out too, but whenever I want to, they're like, "You can't go outside."

I like going outside. I don't have a problem with it at all, it's just that I'm not allowed. So, I'm yelled at for always staying inside, and yelled at for wanting to go outside... Make up your mind!!!

And I like to ride my bike. You don't need to stay in the backyard to ride your bike. Ride it around town for an hour or two, it's really fun. The best part? You're exercising, too! It's a win-win! Just make sure to wear a helmet.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jul 30, 2017 6:22 PM

Oct 2015
oh this is actually very relatable, tho i feel like i don't have to respond to this as this is a old forum hmm
Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.
Jul 30, 2017 6:23 PM

Mar 2017
I don't have a dad.

feelsgoodman. feels fantastic tbh

come, you sweet hour of death
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

29 by traed »»
38 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.